PDA

View Full Version : Collapse On Twitch Viewership

Varicose_Veins
03-10-2017, 09:40 PM
Wow, less than 3000 viewers.

Concerning, because usually Twitch is a reflection on the state of support for a game and the health of the community attached to it.

As I type this, more people are watching games like 'Mario Kart 8' and 'Planet Coaster' than are watching For Honor.

Something needs to fundamentally shift soon in this games' meta if there's any hope for the dream of this fighter becoming an Esport.

Winsome111
03-10-2017, 10:20 PM
Wow, less than 3000 viewers.

Concerning, because usually Twitch is a reflection on the state of support for a game and the health of the community attached to it.

As I type this, more people are watching games like 'Mario Kart 8' and 'Planet Coaster' than are watching For Honor.

Something needs to fundamentally shift soon in this games' meta if there's any hope for the dream of this fighter becoming an Esport.

There was over 80k people during peak hours last night. I would imagine Xbox one was similar. So over 160k people playing.

So just over 2% are watching. How the heck do you claim it is an indication of health? That is like the PC master race folks claiming steam reviews are be all end all.

Pope138
03-10-2017, 10:51 PM
There was over 80k people during peak hours last night. I would imagine Xbox one was similar. So over 160k people playing.

So just over 2% are watching. How the heck do you claim it is an indication of health? That is like the PC master race folks claiming steam reviews are be all end all.

IKR?
These doom sayers are getting desperate. Twitch viewership? Seriously?

AveImperator85
03-10-2017, 10:52 PM
What is Twitch?

jk, I know what Twitch is, I just never watch unless there's a Livestream or something I actually care about. For real, though, Twitch views? Nobody cares.

Maarmang
03-10-2017, 10:53 PM
PAX East is happening right now alot of streamers are at that.

RetedRacer
03-10-2017, 11:15 PM
OP's reasoning may be faulty but he is right. Launch day i saw 195k on ps4 at primetime. Last monday before update there was 56k, thats a huge drop. Drol know what its been like since then as they took the counter away.

Thats another thing, they took the counter away......why? Cuz they don't want people to know, now why would that be hmmm?

PackingMoney
03-10-2017, 11:34 PM
OP's reasoning may be faulty but he is right. Launch day i saw 195k on ps4 at primetime. Last monday before update there was 56k, thats a huge drop. Drol know what its been like since then as they took the counter away.

Thats another thing, they took the counter away......why? Cuz they don't want people to know, now why would that be hmmm?

You are right in that the numbers have dropped dramatically, but did you see the players at the same time of day, because on Xbox when I checked at around 8pm (that's when my duel partner would usually come on), the numbers was the same for around 1 week after launch.

RetedRacer
03-10-2017, 11:43 PM
You are right in that the numbers have dropped dramatically, but did you see the players at the same time of day, because on Xbox when I checked at around 8pm (that's when my duel partner would usually come on), the numbers was the same for around 1 week after launch.

Yes, 9pm MST every night....well....until they took away the option to even check lol