PDA

View Full Version : Revenge mechanics

Plutonium Bug
03-10-2017, 09:13 PM
So a lot of people are crying and complaining about the revenge system. I have a different look on the system and i will explain.
Revenge is one of the mechanics in this game that is to watch out for. If anyone has revenge be aware!
In the last couple (20) of games i have seen that people are getting more aware of this mechanic, they can see you have revenge and they stop hitting you or even do a feint so you pop it.
Revenge is strong but not OP. If you have any sort of brains you know that when someone has revenge don't hti him/her but feint or time your attackt so you don't get knocked over and killed instantly.
You hardly get any revenge in a 1v1. If there is somebody that jumps in you know he/she is going to get revenge within 2/3 sec that is the case. ANTICIPATE ON THIS!
Don't be a knob and keep hitting the person you try to kill it is pointless and you probably will get knocked over and die. Nice......
When somebody got revenge see it as a health buff that one person needs to die before it ends.
If you did the steps above, not getting knocked over, time your attacks, you can easily kill the person in revenge as they can not do revenge within a revenge.
So try to team up and kill the person within their time of their revenge!
I hope this helps and people get a betterunderstanding.

To all salty people out there. Please put some of your precious tears on my chips to make them taste awesome

Kharneth88
03-10-2017, 09:17 PM
Riddle me this.

Why is it that when my enemy has revenge none of my attacks will stagger me, but when I have revenge I get staggered after ~3 hits?

HMMMMMM? Video proof is coming. I've never recorded this before, but it happens frequently enough that I'd like to start showcasing it.

Munktor
03-10-2017, 09:17 PM
You are literally just repeating some of the numerous threads on this board. Post this in one of them.

Kharneth88
03-10-2017, 09:18 PM
You are literally just repeating some of the numerous threads on this board. Post this in one of them.

This world was built upon repeated posts. Can't stop now.

Plutonium Bug
03-10-2017, 09:30 PM
Riddle me this.

Why is it that when my enemy has revenge none of my attacks will stagger me, but when I have revenge I get staggered after ~3 hits?

HMMMMMM? Video proof is coming. I've never recorded this before, but it happens frequently enough that I'd like to start showcasing it.

Only certain attacks will. Learn you character

Kharneth88
03-10-2017, 10:09 PM
Only certain attacks will. Learn you character

Only certain of my attacks will be interruptible or only certain of their attacks will interrupt me?

Plutonium Bug
03-10-2017, 10:15 PM
both

the_megacycle
03-10-2017, 11:45 PM
Revenge is a broken mechanic.
It is there for a reason, to help players who are being outnumbered retaliate with a devastating force, a power boost. The problem is all the gear that boost revenge stats. Gear should not increase any aspect of revenge. There should be no gear capable of increasing revenge duration, revenge gain by defense, revenge gain by injury, revenge gain by attack, revenge attack increase, etc... This makes the game incredibly broken. A player with common gear is not going to win a fight against a player with maxed out gear built around revenge. That player with high level gear can quickly obtain revenge in a one versus one fight.
The game mechanic plus stat boosts from high level gear encourages players to rush into a fight one versus two with no real punishment. This is the only game with team based game modes that discourages playing as a team. And any mismatch by matchmaking will result in the newer player being kicked in the teeth. The opponent may not have greater skill but better gear stats. At that point the gear is winning the fight not the player.
Revenge should definitely be part of the game but gear should not be able to boost any revenge stats.

DrExtrem
03-11-2017, 12:06 AM
The revenge mechanic is needed - it is an important tool, that give you a fighting chance, if you are overwhelmed by numerous enemies.

The problem is, that this defensive tool of survival, is an excellent offensive tool as well.

We need a redesign of the ability:
First, it should be split into two versions. A defensive version, that gives you a survivability bonus with immunity to stagger, armor and high resistance vs. cc but with reduced damage. and an offensive version, that boosts your damage, makes you uninterruptable and grants you higher chipping damage on blocked attacks. As a downside, you receive higher damage.

In addition, the revenge enhancing stats on gear need to go or at least revised.

Gray360UK
03-11-2017, 01:04 AM
I was shaking my head in sadness just now as my team mates repeatedly stood in the middle of the enemies revenge spam, counting the nice orange revive circiles that came up every few seconds. 1 dead team mate, 2 dead team mates ... lol. When will people learn? I rolled out of there and waited. It runs out you know ;)