PDA

View Full Version : Guardbreak. i cant do it

lord_kek
03-10-2017, 07:24 PM
title says it all. i cant do it when it matters.

i use an xbox controller on pc for reference. my thumb cant travel the distance to the X button fast enough after my eyes register the shield icon.

am i alone ? will this be changed ?

i see no point in playing this game anymore because i'm too slow. just not good enough. just too bloody awful.

if you cant guardbreak, you really have no business playing since every major move is linked to it.

sad really. i really enjoy this game.

teksuo1
03-10-2017, 07:30 PM
title says it all. i cant do it when it matters.

i use an xbox controller on pc for reference. my thumb cant travel the distance to the X button fast enough after my eyes register the shield icon.

am i alone ? will this be changed ?

i see no point in playing this game anymore because i'm too slow. just not good enough. just too bloody awful.

if you cant guardbreak, you really have no business playing since every major move is linked to it.

sad really. i really enjoy this game.

i had the same issue ; i even got an elite controller in hopes for a better button placement... but in the end, i came back to the original way.

I find it much better now that i got used to a simple trick:

I use the middle of my thumb to control the stick so the tip of my thumb is really really close to the x. (lose a bit in precision but it's not that big of a deal when you just have to think about 3 directions.)
I practice landing on the x during loadings and such.
I also practice against lvl 3 valk bot every morning (she has a predictable window when she's about to use her guardbreak)

eventually it becomes almost natural (don't really need to think about it).
*keep in mind there's a bunch of situations where counter-guardbreak is just impossible. (if you got caught while dodging for example)
*hitting it too early isn't too bad (you can keep spamming it and it'll work) but being a tad late screws it up

lord_kek
03-10-2017, 07:48 PM
cheers. ill give that a go then.

FR4NCO
03-11-2017, 03:28 AM
i also just bought an elite controller and now use the P3(top left paddle) as X for gaurdbreaking and P1(top right paddle) as B to feint, so all i move my thumb for is dodge, once i get those two down really well ill be adding dodge to another paddle. as of right now im able to counter gaurdbreak pretty well while sometimes i do miss one here and there but before when using a regular controller i would almost never get it off in time.

ButtR8peArtist
03-11-2017, 03:54 AM
Here's the thing, you can only CGB when you expect them to GB, so if you plan to CGB and then land few strikes, you need to be on full defensive mode and leave out your fingers on rb and RT.

For everyone else, it's the same, that's why a good chance to GB is usually followed by a fake attack or when your opponent aint looking at you, so that it tricks your opponent to do the block instead of X, no exceptions, never seen a single person able to do block and CGB at once