PDA

View Full Version : Steaing El Polito's Car - Encountered a strange bug last night

Paranoimia
03-10-2017, 06:39 PM
I played through the "Stealing El Polito's Car" in both the closed and open beta with no real issues, but playing through it in the actual game last night in co-op with a friend, we encountered a strange bug.

My friend had already completed the mission solo, and was playing it again with me. We completed the mission no less than 3 times, only to get "Mission Failed - The target escaped" each time when returning the car to the rebels. Bizarre, because as you know, there is no 'target' in this mission other than the car.

My friend signed out to go and do other things, and I immediately did the mission again solo... and it worked just fine.

Clearly it's somehow linked to the fact that he had completed the mission already, but I can't figure out why it thought there was a target who had escaped! :confused:

DJ Dodgy
03-10-2017, 07:00 PM
I wonder if it was the convoy story mission failed. That happened to me while getting to the car, the convoy mission activated and I ignored it. Then mission failed... Happened to us in the beta also.

Paranoimia
03-10-2017, 07:19 PM
I wonder if it was the convoy story mission failed. That happened to me while getting to the car, the convoy mission activated and I ignored it. Then mission failed... Happened to us in the beta also.

Hmm... could have been, at least on the first occasion. There was a convoy nearby, which we ignored. On the subsequent attempts, we went in from different areas, and so no convoy. On the third attempt, we drove the car all the way back to the rebels (about a kilometer, if I recall) before it 'failed' us. Perhaps there was just some kind of hangover, like a variable not being reset until my friend left the game.

postwick
03-10-2017, 10:26 PM
It is the convoy. It has happened to me a number of times. Only one squad member has to be anywhere near there when the convoy goes by. I put a post here about it already. It also happened to me in the open beta on a different story mission. Here's how to deal with it. Pile up as many cars as you can to make a roadblock. It'll slow the convoy so you can take out the first support vehicle. If you can tag the supply truck before it pushes through the roadblock, great. If not, chase it down and tag it. Now go back and steal El Polito's car.