PDA

View Full Version : So Ubisoft has false advertised and expects to get away with it?

ZechsMarquizy
03-10-2017, 04:12 PM
When are you going to give us all the content that was promised from preordering and buying deluxe/gold + additions? If you are not going to deliver I will be demanding a refund in full on everything I purchased over the game it self...

Agent Talon
03-10-2017, 04:13 PM
What are you missing?

ZechsMarquizy
03-10-2017, 04:18 PM
What are you missing?

what am I "not" missing?

Pope138
03-10-2017, 04:19 PM
what am I "not" missing?

We can't help you if you're not going to tell us the problem.

Gray360UK
03-10-2017, 04:20 PM
what am I "not" missing?

Yeah that's not an answer.
It was a good honest question, so why answer like that?
What are you missing?
More to the point, why aren't you in Live Chat with Ubisoft Support instead of wasting time here?
I was missing one thing and a guy fixed it for me via Live Chat.
Give it a try.

teksuo1
03-10-2017, 04:24 PM
i bought the gold edition and the only thing i'm missing is early access to 6 new heroes :rolleyes:

ZechsMarquizy
03-10-2017, 04:25 PM
i bought the gold edition and the only thing i'm missing is early access to 6 new heroes :rolleyes:

really? So you got the smoke mood effect then?

Agent Talon
03-10-2017, 04:26 PM
I bought the gold edition and didn't have the deluxe or gold content originally. I think this was because it unlocked to the beta install. However, I reached out to support over chat and within about 10 minutes I had everything.

The support was actually really great, so maybe try that but also please tell us what you don't have?

Natedog858585
03-10-2017, 04:29 PM

smoke effect shown in the package was never released and was replaced with the sunlight thing.

teksuo1

no i don't. didn't know that was a thing. There's darkness that costs steel but no smoke.
See this is why your OP needs more explanations/infos :D

Agent Talon

Based on the game I purchased I was never promised this. My unlocks detailed the sunbeam, ornaments, champion status and that's it. You realize they can swap out anything up until the day of release right? It's all part of the giant in game terms and conditions, pre-order terms and conditions, and beta play terms and conditions.

Unless you have a notarized document that states you would receive the smoke effect regardless of corporate marketing changes I think you might be out of luck.

ZechsMarquizy
03-10-2017, 04:32 PM
smoke effect shown in the package was never released and was replaced with the sunlight thing.

Yea, that is whats called false advertisement and its illegal gloabaly under admiralty law aka Law of the Sea that ALL corporations must abide by...

Pope138
03-10-2017, 04:37 PM
Yea, that is whats called false advertisement and its illegal gloabaly under admiralty law aka Law of the Sea that ALL corporations must abide by...

Will you be litigating?

ZechsMarquizy
03-10-2017, 04:38 PM
Will you be litigating?

http://i.imgur.com/h8RMYY1l.png

Yes, if need be... would not be very hard to prove my case now would it?

FRAKTICA
03-10-2017, 04:39 PM
What are you missing?

I never got my steel for the $100 pre-order...

FredEx919
03-10-2017, 04:40 PM
When are you going to give us all the content that was promised from preordering and buying deluxe/gold + additions? If you are not going to deliver I will be demanding a refund in full on everything I purchased over the game it self...

If you're missing anything, you'll want to reach out to customer support as they can help you out with that. If you've already created a case with them, you'll hear back soon. If not, you can get them through http://support.ubi.com. (http://support.ubi.com)

Pope138
03-10-2017, 04:46 PM
Yes, if need be... would not be very hard to prove my case now would it?

Just asking, brother. Let us know how it turns out.

teksuo1
03-10-2017, 04:47 PM
yeah i got everything in that poster aside from the smoke effect.

Did they abandon the smoke effect idea altogether?

AveImperator85
03-10-2017, 05:45 PM
What smoke effect? There is no smoke effect. I never saw anything relating to any smoke effect except for people whining about a smoke effect. As far as I know, it's always been the sunbeam effect. So OP, what's on that poster there that you don't have? I pre-ordered the Gold edition and I have everything promised by the Gold edition package. You're just looking for any excuse to whine.

Natedog858585
03-10-2017, 05:56 PM
What smoke effect? There is no smoke effect. I never saw anything relating to any smoke effect except for people whining about a smoke effect. As far as I know, it's always been the sunbeam effect. So OP, what's on that poster there that you don't have? I pre-ordered the Gold edition and I have everything promised by the Gold edition package. You're just looking for any excuse to whine.

http://i.imgur.com/Ls1zVBv.pngp

now what is this doing here.

honestly its okay if they didnt get to it, but ubi hasn't said a word about it since launch and are straight up ignoring people pointing it out.

AveImperator85
03-10-2017, 05:59 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Ls1zVBv.pngp

now what is this doing here.

honestly its okay if they didnt get to it, but ubi hasn't said a word about it since launch and are straight up ignoring people pointing it out.

Yeah, that wasn't there when I preordered, so that must be an EXTREMELY old version of the Gold edition promo. Obviously, the smoke effect has been dropped altogether. And y'know what? That's fine! Funny thing about pre-order bonuses and betas: there's this little thing called a disclaimer that informs you that all things are subject to change. Obviously, this smoke effect didn't make the cut. So what? It's a cosmetic.

I honestly can't believe the OP is threatening to go to court over a cosmetic that was cut from the game before launch. Please, PLEASE try to take this to court and record it. I want to see the lawyers laugh you out of their offices.

Natedog858585
03-10-2017, 06:07 PM
Yeah, that wasn't there when I preordered, so that must be an EXTREMELY old version of the Gold edition promo. Obviously, the smoke effect has been dropped altogether. And y'know what? That's fine! Funny thing about pre-order bonuses and betas: there's this little thing called a disclaimer that informs you that all things are subject to change. Obviously, this smoke effect didn't make the cut. So what? It's a cosmetic.

I honestly can't believe the OP is threatening to go to court over a cosmetic that was cut from the game before launch. Please, PLEASE try to take this to court and record it. I want to see the lawyers laugh you out of their offices.

Except that is still false advertising, you don't have to white knight really bad business practices.

Agent Talon
03-10-2017, 06:12 PM
Except that is still false advertising, you don't have to white knight really bad business practices.

Technically it's actually not due to the disclaimers present. It's not a bad business practice as every single company does this. iPhones come out with different features than originally presented, concept cars change, hell even restaurant menus change before an opening.

True false advertising in gaming is like this. http://kotaku.com/lawsuit-claims-aliens-colonial-marines-used-false-adve-486156960

A cosmetic preorder bonus with the disclaimer doesn't really fall under this. I'm only jumping in here because I work for a SW company and we do press releases about upcoming road map ideas all the time that have minor adjustments at release so I know it's the norm.

Turric4n666
03-10-2017, 06:19 PM
I never got my steel for the $100 pre-order...

what steel?

Natedog858585
03-10-2017, 06:19 PM
Technically it's actually not due to the disclaimers present. It's not a bad business practice as every single company does this. iPhones come out with different features than originally presented, concept cars change, hell even restaurant menus change before an opening.

True false advertising in gaming is like this. http://kotaku.com/lawsuit-claims-aliens-colonial-marines-used-false-adve-486156960

A cosmetic preorder bonus with the disclaimer doesn't really fall under this. I'm only jumping in here because I work for a SW company and we do press releases about upcoming road map ideas all the time that have minor adjustments at release so I know it's the norm.

again, just because its legal, doesn't mean its bad practice. bullshots are completely legal, but no one is sitting around praising it. The op has the right to be annoyed about not getting something that was promised ages ago, and/or ubi not saying a word about it in the end.

Agent Talon
03-10-2017, 06:23 PM
I think the real issue is that people are still pre-ordering games. At this point hasn't everyone been burned enough to realize how bad of an idea that is?

AveImperator85
03-10-2017, 06:37 PM
I think the real issue is that people are still pre-ordering games. At this point hasn't everyone been burned enough to realize how bad of an idea that is?

If people really consider losing the smoke effect "getting burned," they have bigger problems in their life. Honestly, I've been following For Honor since the original E3 announcement trailer and I pre-ordered pretty damn early. Even so, I never saw the smoke effect, so it must've been on there for a VERY short time and then scrapped. It's not "false advertising," things change and we still got everything else with the Gold Edition.

These armchair lawyers crack me up. Reminds me of the morons who were screaming about a class-action lawsuit against Blizzard because they got banned from Overwatch for cheating. Please, try to pursue these through legal means. You would get laughed out of court so fast.

JibletHunter
03-10-2017, 07:26 PM
If people really consider losing the smoke effect "getting burned," they have bigger problems in their life. Honestly, I've been following For Honor since the original E3 announcement trailer and I pre-ordered pretty damn early. Even so, I never saw the smoke effect, so it must've been on there for a VERY short time and then scrapped. It's not "false advertising," things change and we still got everything else with the Gold Edition.

These armchair lawyers crack me up. Reminds me of the morons who were screaming about a class-action lawsuit against Blizzard because they got banned from Overwatch for cheating. Please, try to pursue these through legal means. You would get laughed out of court so fast.

Lawyer here. While I appreciate you valiantly defending the integrity of the profession, the answer here is: it depends. It depends on the contents of the user agreement and what/how was promised in the various packages. The distinction here is between puffery and bargained for exchange. While a suit based on what is being discussed here is unlikely to succeed as a general class, it is impossible to say absent actually spending time looking at the facts. No man's sky is the outer limit for what is considered "simply presenting the product in it's best light>" which is unlikely to be exceeded here.
;)
However, to summarily dismiss these concerns as armchair lawyering with seemingly no preparation is, in itself, armchair lawering.

Alustar.
03-10-2017, 08:06 PM
Lawyer here. While I appreciate you valiantly defending the integrity of the profession, the answer here is: it depends. It depends on the contents of the user agreement and what/how was promised in the various packages. The distinction here is between puffery and bargained for exchange. While a suit based on what is being discussed here is unlikely to succeed as a general class, it is impossible to say absent actually spending time looking at the facts. No man's sky is the outer limit for what is considered "simply presenting the product in it's best light>" which is unlikely to be exceeded here.
;)
However, to summarily dismiss these concerns as armchair lawyering with seemingly no preparation is, in itself, armchair lawering.

In I'm dying here, you just won my internet

ZechsMarquizy
03-10-2017, 08:47 PM
They don't seem to care lol, I wasn't very surprised so it's w/e

ZechsMarquizy
03-10-2017, 08:56 PM
none of this matters I guess sense they had a disclaimer up... that's check mate, sucks for us i guess :(

AveImperator85
03-10-2017, 08:58 PM
The disclaimer very clearly states that all content subject to change.

You have no case, stop whining, entitled little ****.

ZechsMarquizy
03-10-2017, 09:00 PM
forget it..

ZechsMarquizy
03-10-2017, 09:05 PM
The disclaimer very clearly states that all content subject to change.

You have no case, stop whining, entitled little ****.
nevermind.

Droodlesaurus
03-10-2017, 09:11 PM
If you're missing anything, you'll want to reach out to customer support as they can help you out with that. If you've already created a case with them, you'll hear back soon. If not, you can get them through http://support.ubi.com. (http://support.ubi.com)

I already sent 3 mails about various things, including this. Haven't even recieved a single reply.

ZechsMarquizy
03-10-2017, 09:23 PM
I already sent 3 mails about various things, including this. Haven't even recieved a single reply.

GO in the live chat to actually speak with someone... I was at the very least given 5 scavenger crates and an additional 30 day champ status... better than nothing I guess.

Droodlesaurus
03-12-2017, 02:25 PM
GO in the live chat to actually speak with someone... I was at the very least given 5 scavenger crates and an additional 30 day champ status... better than nothing I guess.

I payed for a product thus i expect to be given what i payed for. If you but a full price new car and when it's delivered to you, you notice it's without seats. To compensate they give you a banana and 3 apples, that's what's happening right now.

But TBH, i don't care anymore if they make this game into an actual product. The only thing i want right now is a refund but we all know that's not gonna happen.

I'm active on the forums because a whole lot of people feel like i do and because it's funny to see people crack this game.

teksuo1
03-12-2017, 03:07 PM

this is more frustrating than anything. how unfair.. they should give this to everyone.. gotta whine through support to get ****?!
I hope you're just lying through your hat.

corazondedelfin
03-12-2017, 03:40 PM
this is more frustrating than anything. how unfair.. they should give this to everyone.. gotta whine through support to get ****?!
I hope you're just lying through your hat.

Its indeed a huge shame that Ubisoft is this kind of company... They shouldnt go away with this, not this time..

GregoryMcFlint
03-12-2017, 04:19 PM

We're missing dedicated servers and your entire company is missing its brain.