PDA

View Full Version : So the newest Heroes are Centurion and Ninja - who are you anticipating ?

UCFierce
03-10-2017, 12:55 PM
Pretty sure everyone is expecting some form of gladiator or Spartan to join ranks at some point - but who else?
I'm waiting for a spear wielding female Knight Faction hero similar to Magdalena from TopCow.
http://img11.deviantart.net/d2ca/i/2010/298/7/4/the_magdalena__spear_maiden_by_sicilianvalkyrie-d17gym9.png

De4d_0n_Sight
03-10-2017, 01:06 PM
Hmmm... I was expecting heores like "Exterminator" (getting rid of bugs) and "Lady Justice" (to get rid of balancing issues). But hey, fortunately the game has no other problems.

Infidel.Castro
03-10-2017, 01:32 PM
A Pirate!!

http://assets3.bigthink.com/system/idea_thumbnails/56464/size_1024/pirate.jpg?1411163365

xx007iam
03-10-2017, 01:52 PM
I think some other possibilities could be like an Amazon or a Cossack. I think putting in the Hun's or the Khans would be pretty cool too, but I'm not exactly sure if would be cool too pile them in the Samurai faction. Since they put a centurion in I could see them adding Celtic warriors too (REALLY want the Celts). A monk with a bo staff would be cool too.

Alustar.
03-10-2017, 01:54 PM
Hmmm... I was expecting heores like "Exterminator" (getting rid of bugs) and "Lady Justice" (to get rid of balancing issues). But hey, fortunately the game has no other problems.

21 posts over threads and not a one of them constructive. Wow. Some people's kids.

corazondedelfin
03-10-2017, 02:23 PM
- Somekind of viking that is the one that build ships and its their expert in navigation: A VIKING-PIRATE.

- Arabians faction: We have east faction (samurais), north faction (vikings) and west faction (knights), but we are missing the SOUTH FACTION. Literally what I said many of you didnt realize, but its represented in the map of the war factions.

- An old wise asian man, "A MONK" using NUNCHAKUS!
https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/kung-fu-monk-nunchaku-d-rendered-action-poses-white-background-isolated-50373560.jpg
A monk well armored obviously, but you get what I mean with the warrior in this photo up here.

- An arena knight GLADIATOR like one of these 2 ones, they should be in it already https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/el-gladiador-esquiva-el-tridente-39606322.jpg

Veerdin-Wraith
03-10-2017, 02:45 PM
Pretty sure everyone is expecting some form of gladiator or Spartan to join ranks at some point - but who else?
I'm waiting for a spear wielding female Knight Faction hero similar to Magdalena from TopCow.

Or they could just stop being restrictive and give us a female Lawbringer. Hell, with that class all they'd need to change is the voice, seeing as LB is literally covered head to toe in steel plate armour. Gender locked classes are a heaping load of b.s if ever I saw one. (Yes, even Valkyre.)

As for new classes, I'm interested to see how these ones function. I suspect Centurion to either be a very defensive, spear-wielding style class while the ninja is a squishy assassin type, but I'm open to being surprised. They could be really creative and make the Centurion a "summoner" style class that can call in smaller soldiers and captains to the field to help them fight. That'd be interesting, in my opinion.

I don't quite understand why everybody is expecting "Romans" and "Gladiators", though. I mean, the whole "Knights vs Vikings vs Samurai" thing is pretty skewed in terms of time-frame. But the Romans and Greeks were literally a thousand years older than what most people think of as "knights". Not to mention that For Honor's lore basically states that the Knights were the Romans (or some equivalent to them) thousands of years prior.

I think it'd be more interesting to see some people from lesser-known places. Like, you could have an Indian Rajput style warrior:

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/deadliestwarrior/images/e/e4/Rajput_warrior.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20120613061917

A very fast scimitar+shield style character with acrobatic moves as part of their arsenal and maybe feats including one of those crazy urumi whip-swords that they had, and chakrum ranged attacks.

Or perhaps a Scottish Border Reiver:

http://puu.sh/uCGlN/6a5dc5aab4.png

with a massive claymore. Huge range and damage but light armour and slow to attack.

Everybody always defaults to things like the Romans and Spartans, but there's hundreds of cool warriors from across history that they could implement. You could have a Chinese "alchemist" style class that uses lots of ranged bombs and traps. Turkish or Russian warriors with sabers. An Egyptian or North-African warrior with khopesh or scimitars... No need to be restricted.

UCFierce
03-10-2017, 02:57 PM
And seriously guys - who develops a Viking Faction without a single member equipped with a War Hammer ?

DethOriginal
03-10-2017, 03:29 PM
And seriously guys - who develops a Viking Faction without a single member equipped with a War Hammer ?

From what I have seen the dev's actually tried to make the game historically accurate. Vikings didnt use warhammers. They didnt come into common use until the late middle ages early renaissance as a counter to heavy plate armor.

I would love to see a hero with a warhammer, but it would almost have to be a knight.

I wonder if the new heroes will be part of an existing faction, a new faction or possibly mercenary's of some kind. If they do centurion I would assume he will be a heavy with a scutum and gladius or pilum. That could be fun.

killum78
03-10-2017, 03:36 PM
I think for the samurai it would be cool to see a hero using the wind and fire wheels weapon like this.
http://shop.ukshaolintemple.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Wind-and-Fire-Wheels.jpg

Pope138
03-10-2017, 03:56 PM
I think more heroes would just muddy the waters. I wish we could just stick with what we got.

UCFierce
03-11-2017, 01:39 PM
Can't let Valkyrie and Nobushi have ALL the fun.
http://orig08.deviantart.net/6133/f/2014/061/0/f/magdalena_by_candra-d6qu792.jpg

SteampunkJester
03-11-2017, 03:07 PM
I'd love to see a Pirate and/or Musketeer, personally.

Veerdin-Wraith
03-13-2017, 10:38 AM
From what I have seen the dev's actually tried to make the game historically accurate. Vikings didnt use warhammers. They didnt come into common use until the late middle ages early renaissance as a counter to heavy plate armor.

I would love to see a hero with a warhammer, but it would almost have to be a knight.

I wonder if the new heroes will be part of an existing faction, a new faction or possibly mercenary's of some kind. If they do centurion I would assume he will be a heavy with a scutum and gladius or pilum. That could be fun.

If they wanted "historically accurate" vikings, they'd all be wearing proper maille armour and helmets instead of linen cloth.

UCFierce
03-15-2017, 03:55 PM
Still waiting for my shot at Valk and Nobushi

http://pre10.deviantart.net/6b92/th/pre/i/2009/147/5/4/magdalena_mk_ii_by_the_first_magelord.jpg

vilpire93
03-15-2017, 04:05 PM
I dont think the knights will get a javelin/spear wielder. We have the valk for that, a knight type of her would be boring design, cloning one char and give him 2 new moves. I'd rather have something completely different.

Captain-Courage
03-15-2017, 05:09 PM

No they don't.
The game is filled with historical inaccuracies.
It's a low fantasy setup, not a realistic one.

Regarding the leaked classes.

Centurion : will probably fight with a scutum and a pillum or a gladius

Ninja : to be honest I don't really know what they will do with it. They already got the Orochi which is basically just that. Maybe they will give the ninja another weapon than a sword to differentiate him from the Orochi. Maybe a Kusarigama or a Kyoketsu Shoge, as there are no other articulated weapons in the game for now besides the Conqueror's flail ?

The vikings : Hummmm ... Basically, all the weapons Vikings usually brought to battles are already covered. Swords, shields, spears and axes. I really don't know what the other Vkings classes will get. Maybe a knife class specialized with bleeding and DOT to have functionalities similar to other factions ? Or maybe a hammer to introduce some references to Thor's Mjolnir, even if it wasn't in their usual battle gear ? Really, I don't know.

To bad the game has no ranged specialized classes like in Mount and Blade or Chivalry MW. I didn't rally played them in said games because I like melee more, but it ads variety. The fact that every class is limited to one weapon, contrary to said games, prevents the creation of such classes. Levels are not designed with that in mind neither.

teksuo1
03-15-2017, 05:36 PM
enough with the gender locks pls :nonchalance:

Captain-Courage
03-15-2017, 06:10 PM
Even if the game is set in a Fantasy lore, so not quite accurate regarding History obviously, there are still strong cultural references with some classes, thus gender lock is fine for them.

I don't think scandinavians would appreciate to see their culture and mythology trashed with a male Valkyrie.

I don't think japanese would appreciate to see a male Onna Bugeisha (Nobushi) or a female Oni (Prime inspiration of the Shugoki)