PDA

View Full Version : Did you see this Bf-110 cockpit ?

XyZspineZyX
08-25-2003, 10:56 PM
It looks like almost ready (and once again this work is impressive) and although the Bf-110 wasn't competitive with single engined fighters in daylight AtA combat from late 1940 onwards, I think we're going to have fun with what is still one of the best-looking planes of WWII ! /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

What a pity there's no allied twin engined heavy fighter /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif (the P-38 is a light single seat fighter, even if it has two engines) as an opponent to the Zerstorer, I would really have liked to have the Pe-3 or, if that's really not possible, a Beaufighter (also a really cool aircraft).

I heard that someone was modelling a Pe-2 (or Pe-3 ?), does anyone has more info about it ?

XyZspineZyX
08-25-2003, 10:56 PM
It looks like almost ready (and once again this work is impressive) and although the Bf-110 wasn't competitive with single engined fighters in daylight AtA combat from late 1940 onwards, I think we're going to have fun with what is still one of the best-looking planes of WWII ! /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

What a pity there's no allied twin engined heavy fighter /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif (the P-38 is a light single seat fighter, even if it has two engines) as an opponent to the Zerstorer, I would really have liked to have the Pe-3 or, if that's really not possible, a Beaufighter (also a really cool aircraft).

I heard that someone was modelling a Pe-2 (or Pe-3 ?), does anyone has more info about it ?

XyZspineZyX
08-25-2003, 11:14 PM
You call the p-38 "LIGHT"?????
That thing had 7 tons!!!!(6700kg-the prototype, XP-38)
More then a loaded(with bombs) Blenheim!!!
BTW, about the blenheim, I think there were some nightfighter variants of it.

<center>"The show must go on..."<center>
<center>http://www.hobby.ro/roarmy/aviatia/greceanu%20tudor/1.jpg
A 'good' landing is one from which you can walk away. A 'great'
landing is one after which they can use the plane again<center>

XyZspineZyX
08-25-2003, 11:40 PM
Von_Zero wrote:
- You call the p-38 "LIGHT"?????
- That thing had 7 tons!!!!(6700kg-the prototype,
- XP-38)

I meant it was a competitor of the Me-109, Fw-190, La-5FN, P-47,...and not one of planes like the Mosquito, the Beaufighter, the Ju-88C or the Bf-110 which are what are usually called "heavy fighters" (which more or less corresponds to the concepts of "Intruder" or "Zerstorer", a long range twin engined fighter with a crew of two or three and a heavy armament designed to seek and destroy ennemy aircraft and tagets of opportunity).

XyZspineZyX
08-26-2003, 12:20 AM
There IS a Beaufighter in the works. Can't remember if a cockpit is being made,though....

47|FC
http://www.wpafb.af.mil/museum/research/p47-6.jpg

XyZspineZyX
08-26-2003, 12:23 AM
Maybe it wasn't a competetive day fighter, but it was probably the most successful nightfighter of the war.

Regards,

SkyChimp

http://members.cox.net/rowlandparks/tiger.jpg