PDA

View Full Version : P2P Matchmaking is A Fail of Epic Proportions!

Coreygunz00088
03-10-2017, 09:35 AM
I'll preface this by saying i do love this game, i will continue playing it; and this will not a be a book of text explaining why. Instead, i want to ask if Ubisoft is planning on fixing the P2P matchmaking service so that all our whim's are not based on someone getting their *** kicked, rage quitting, and kicking everyone out of the match. How, after all the beta tests and input, did this absolutely atrocious flaw make it to the commercial release? This is happening far to often, and it is seriously starting to effect my enjoyment of the game. This has to without a doubt, the most terrible multiplayer decision since the Playstation 2 era. Please tell me they have a plan to correct this, or at least any justification such a poor decision was made and enforced regardless of consumer demand?

guffffff
03-10-2017, 11:09 AM
Dedicated servers would have allowed 64 player servers !! LOL imagine that on domination :p bring it on

CarnivalLaw
03-10-2017, 02:28 PM
Dedicated servers will NEVER be implemented for For Honor. WAY too much money to consider for such a small player base.

This is as good as the game will get connection-wise.

Captain-Courage
03-10-2017, 07:04 PM
Honestly, the server thing surely is not about money - at least not first. The choice of Ubi Soft is not a bad one, only troubling aspect are connection problems.
Maybe, in some years, when all have a ping in single digits and use like 100GB-connections (i am overdoing it, i know), a game like For Honor might work nicely with dedicated servers and mass battles. But for todays tech, i think they did alright. Just needa get some mean bugs stomped and connection issues resolved.

Genuine question : do you play on consoles ?

Chivalry can do 32 vs 32 players on servers without issues, and with a faster gameplay and more complex hit dtection.
Mount and blade, even if old, has siege modes with dozens of players, on servers.
Planetside 2 see battles between hundreds of players on the same maps, with large structures, vehicules, bullets and explosives flying all over the place.
All of them are working perfectly fine.

For Honor could easily have had dedicated servers if Ubi wanted.
They didn't, and doomed the game on PC.