PDA

View Full Version : Key feature missing?

l_Dx3_l
03-10-2017, 07:41 AM
Hello, this is directed directly to Ubisoft as I'm either at a complete loss for finding the main feature I bought the game for OR this great mechanic has yet to be patched in. I am talking about this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cs9fwJEPXnE

Now as I believed from viewing this, I would be able to completely customize my squadmates gear and clothing. This was the main selling point for me in the game as I cannot afford to pay for Playstation Plus so I cannot play online. So I had this game on pre-order for months and now that it just came out I decided to play it.

Only to find my dream of making my squadmates look like my friends was now impossible to do. I REALLY hope this is just a case of me being dumb and not knowing how to do so because if this is not, then I would have a good reason to believe this trailer was nothing more than a means to an end to rake in more money from people like me. I've looked for an answer on how to customize your squad just like the video shows but not a single person knows how. Worse, I can't find ANYTHING from Ubisoft saying anything regarding this topic.

Please, Ubisoft. Please tell me this feature is somewhere in the game. I really don't want to believe this was just a lie or a stretched truth.

postwick
03-10-2017, 12:43 PM
There's tons of customization for your character. It's one of the first things the game walks you through the first time you play.

Arkhaine
03-10-2017, 03:03 PM
There's nothing in this video that should make you think you can customize your AI squad. The game is kind of meant to be played with friends in Coop, and it just shows that you can have a diverse team, which when playing coop is extremely diverse.

l_Dx3_l
03-10-2017, 08:21 PM
If you look at 1:08 you'll see that the main cast besides the character you make having different clothing on, followed by custom characters at 1:17. NOTHING in that video said to me that it was just for CO-OP play. To me, this seems just incredibly misleading as that customization was one of the main selling points to me. Now that I've looked extensively around seeing others having the same question as me shows I'm not the only person thinking this was the case.

So I'm really hoping that this can be clarified by Ubisoft as NOTHING in that video said that amount of customization was not going to be for single player OR multiplayer. So, I ask Ubisoft; Was this really going to be in the game at all? Or was this more of a publicity stunt? I really don't want to say that Ubisoft pulled a Hello Game's commercial by showing features that were not in the game.

What kills me here is that it was not stated either way that this feature was or was not going to be in the final cut for single OR multiplayer. It just shows a grand amount of customization that I thought was part of the game. So again, Ubisoft; What's going on here?

Paranoimia
03-10-2017, 08:38 PM
What kills me here is that it was not stated either way that this feature was or was not going to be in the final cut for single OR multiplayer.

So... why did you assume it was?

I only ever assumed that your own player would be modifiable, and that other squad characters would only look different if playing co-op.

Plus, I have to admit, I'm at a loss as to why anyone would buy a game for the "main feature" of being able to customise 3 NPCs that you rarely see in any great detail.

l_Dx3_l
03-10-2017, 08:55 PM
Like I said, I really liked the Idea of having that in the game. And I saw nothing that said that it was or was not going to be in both multiplayer and single player, for example the games I've played that have had squad-mates such as any of the Dragon-Age or Masseffect down to Resonance Of Fate and Skate3...

I just really like games that allow you to have full or at least partial control over the people you'd be leading into battle. I would of been fine if I could at least change the clothing and weapons of my squad-mates but again, I really was nor aware that from what I had seen in the trailers and other outlets leading up to this game that this wouldn't be the case.

Nothing saying that this wouldn't happen, but some info that made it look like that this had a good chance of being in the game.

And come on, a world as huge as this? WITH full squad customization? AND add in the excitement of being in Bolivia taking down a Cartel? That was too good a chance NOT to pass up.

I mean who wouldn't want the idea of kicking *** with your friends offline to not be in the game? And yes, I'm really into making characters. So even if I couldn't change the voices (which I never expected to be an option) I could at least change the clothing, weapons, and features of the people I'd be working with. So I figured this game was taking on many RPG style parts of game and the trailers showing this amount of customization.... yeah. I bought it on what I had thought was a good chance that this would be in the game. Nothing said it wasn't going to be in it, so I took the information I was given and rolled with it.

Arkhaine
03-10-2017, 09:18 PM
I can see the fact that it does show the faces of the AI squad at 1:08. However there has never been any written or audio statement saying that the AI squad could be customized, so I'd say that the fault is kind of in the people complaining about this "main feature" for assuming something from 2 seconds of a video that shows 4 default character skins changing gear. If you scan through the available "heads" during character creation all 4 of the AI heads are in there.

postwick
03-10-2017, 10:22 PM
They also never said they'd give you a million dollars. Did you assume they would?

l_Dx3_l
03-11-2017, 02:46 AM
Again, I thought this was going to be apart of this game. Again, see this post below:

https://ghost-recon.ubisoft.com/wildlands/en-us/news/152-262077-16/customization-101-charactersmith

This again shows a full custom squad with not a SINGLE one of these words:
"Multiplayer"
"Online"
"Friends"

Do you see anything, anything at all that said this was going to be a feature of online game-play at all? Or anything saying that this WASN'T going to be in at all?

This is what kills me, there was not a single word about this being restricted to online at all.

If this was said that it wasn't going to be there, I wouldn't have bought the game till it did.

Arkhaine
03-11-2017, 03:27 AM
Yep, it just says YOUR ghost right in the article. Also says "allows players to create A GHOST that reflects their play style". I'm sorry, but you made assumptions based on nothing. And again, the animated gif shows a multitude of characters not the AI, which is based around if you and your friends were playing together, COOP was highly stressed in most promotional material .

Bonzai_K
03-11-2017, 05:51 AM
I don't know why you are defending ubisoft here, if they show something to you, they should deliver what was shown, you don't go to a fastfood ordering an hamburger on the picture expecting not to get an hamburger because "Well it was in the picture, but let's not assume the meat will be there".

Arkhaine
03-11-2017, 06:52 AM
What was shown in regards to customization was given

Bonzai_K
03-11-2017, 03:38 PM
Nomad's customization, yeah, but that video showing the rest of the team was not, if I saw the video I too would think you could change your squad to look the way you wanted to look, and not Online lookalikes changing clothes, that was at least misleading.

SLEEPING-PERSON
03-11-2017, 06:19 PM
i to as a single player gamer was disapointement this was left out. it seems something they should have put into a game designed for both online players and single players as advertised. really hope they include this feature vi patch in the near future.