PDA

View Full Version : Gear makes leveling new chars impossible

kidico
03-10-2017, 07:08 AM
I have a prestige 4 108 geared char and I'm looking into prestiging other chars.

I'm not too fond of duel/brawl so my only option is to level new chars in the game modes where gear is allowed.

The only problem is I get matched up with people with 80+ gear consistently while I have 0 gear stats and get stomped regularly making leveling new chars impossible.

This needs a fix asap as I don't want to play my main forever. Lets hope the devs fix this issue asap.

Discuss

MagmaDragoonX4
03-10-2017, 07:14 AM
Agreed but they would have to overhaul the matchmaking by making it so people lock in their character and then start searching for a match.

What I have been doing is doing vs AI orders with my alts.

kidico
03-10-2017, 07:18 AM
Yes I have to resort to doing AI dominion. Problem is, you will always lose as there's always some guy running a script, running around in circles.

The devs make it so you have to join the scripters if you want to level new chars, absolutely ridiculous. Makes me want to quit the game.

Yianyan
03-10-2017, 07:34 AM
It's not impossible. Skill can beat out gear. Not saying gear means nothing: it's going to be an uphill battle, but keep at it. You don't need to win every match, it's just a game after all. Ranked/Competitive modes aren't a thing, yet. Current best solution (on your end) would probably be to just use Order completions to stack XP on your target character and just play your max gear people in those modes where gear is relevant when not on orders.

But, as someone mentioned, to revamp matchmaking for gear score they'd need to have you lock into a character (AND loadout) prior to matchmaking. A complete overhaul of the system.

Mr.Gazoonie
03-10-2017, 07:51 AM
I have rarely ever had problems leveling toons. I have a P3 Warden, a P2 Conq, a PK and Valk halfway to P2 and an orochi i think lvl 17, and 2 or 3 others somewhere around 10.

My advice. Pick your new toon.. and do the dailies with only that toon. Unless its a specific one like Heavy/Assassin/Hybrid/Vanguard specific.

I play Dom PvP and rarely have trouble, though i find there are ALOT of people who think running Around getting 2 hits on an enemy and running to the next one is the way to win dominion. like really... so what you have 27 takedowns.. you did not tke a single base and you are still last on the scoreboard lol. Kills dont win Dom. Bases do.

More often than not though.. just a buncha people maybe a purple guy or 2 or a full on 108 but meh.. ive beat them with a grey/white toon before. Dont be fooled cus someone has color under thier name that they are any good.

Also.. unless im mistaken, there really isnt any reason to lvl past 3 or maybe 4 max. Once you get the purple star gear.. thats it. You are just doing it for the extra unlockables.. which some are cool like the Dark material... i think lvl 20 P7 ? Once i get however many toons i want to P3/4 ill buy a lump sum of steel, upgrade everyones gear to max and call it a day.

PS i LOVE this games overall concept, it reminds me of the F2P Spartacus game. Just sucks theres so much going wrong.. i understand game tweeks and character tweeks but i would almost lay money that im at a 2:1 ratio for actually playing, and FINISHING a game. I will go through 3 or 4 network error messages.. ALWAYS after i spend 2 minutes waiting for the final pregame slowmo clash to BAM Error code 00060000whatevr lol. When i DO get in.. its a 50/50 if i make it past the fist 10 seconds.. and if its all good still.. i give it a 25% chance some crybaby wannabe boss gets buthurt by being tossed off a cliff or something and leaves right after he died first during BREAKING and the game just crashes cus he was the main P in the P2P calculation.

Plus my stupid left stick is kinda broken and every now and then wont left me move backwards ARRRGH and i broke my other controler accidentally with my bat so im stuck being gentle with this one untill payday. TRY DODGING BACK WITH ANYONE with a broken left stick. Try doing spear sweep with Valkyrie with a vbroken left stick.

Dont tell me how hard it is to lvl toons.

:) <--- see this

Turric4n666
03-10-2017, 08:34 AM
It can't be impossible when you also get xp for losing.
Is it annoying? Yes. Is it beneficial to the game? In my opinion not in the slightest.

kidico
03-10-2017, 09:01 AM
It's not impossible. Skill can beat out gear. Not saying gear means nothing: it's going to be an uphill battle, but keep at it. You don't need to win every match, it's just a game after all. Ranked/Competitive modes aren't a thing, yet. Current best solution (on your end) would probably be to just use Order completions to stack XP on your target character and just play your max gear people in those modes where gear is relevant when not on orders.

But, as someone mentioned, to revamp matchmaking for gear score they'd need to have you lock into a character (AND loadout) prior to matchmaking. A complete overhaul of the system.

At my level of play it's nearly impossible.

Play on my 108 char, go 10-0. Play on my 0 gear char against 108 players on their main, I go 1-5. Absolutely ridiculous. Not fun at all leveling new chars, I can see why no one is really doing it unless they're botting.

The difference in gear and skill level since they're also on their mains, makes it nearly impossible to 1v1 them.

Gray360UK
03-10-2017, 01:29 PM
Player vs AI is the key, and very easy.
You don't get AFK'ers in every game.
I got 6 levels on my Shoguki in P vs AI Dominion last night in just a couple of hours.
My Conqueror has a 44 K/D ratio thanks to using P vs AI to level up :D
It's really no problem at all.

kidico
03-10-2017, 01:50 PM
Unless you're more of a brawl/duel player this needs a fix asap.

discuss

Infidel.Castro
03-10-2017, 02:03 PM
They really should overhaul the MM, so that you pick your toon then select a queue to join. Gear isn't the only issue, prestige is too. Facing a prestige 7+ player that clearly knows their character well when your in your level 1 character learning the ropes is frustrating.

cragar212
03-10-2017, 02:20 PM
Seems like you're standing in one spot pressing heavy attack? Try outplaying your opponent?

If they made it so matchmaking was based on gear experienced players on new characters would destroy players new to the game.

The problem is you still need to learn your character and are blaming gear instead

Mr.0reo
03-10-2017, 02:53 PM
is fine for me. Enjoy ur 108 gear ;)

atac56
03-10-2017, 02:54 PM
its a serious problem. the kensei is my highest lvl character and im bored stiff of him. ive been trying other character but constantly get put up against lvl 108's who revenge after everything I do and 2 shot me, such a massive takeaway from skill and its not fun. I hope they make variants of dominion elimination etc that are player vs player with gear stats off. a good split for the people who rely on revenge and those who dont