PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one?

Eleanor-Ripley
03-10-2017, 07:01 AM
Greetings everyone.

This post is not about rubbing it in or adding insult to injury, im honestly just interested in my headline.

I see loads of threads about connectivity and im baffled about it. I get DC'ed aswell from time to time, but nowhere near as often as most people claim.
I often get a 2-3 second freeze when someone leaves but thats it really.

Yeaterday was bad in my case. I had the day off and played FH for roughly 6 hours straight (alitttle overboard i know) and during that session i was DC'ed twice. Game started to slow down, frames dropped and boom, everyone was kicked.

That happens very rarely and less and less since release - which was attrocious.

Im playing on ps4 1st. generation. Havent done anything to my connection.

Am i really the only one not having "that big" of a problem?

JeeNiNe
03-10-2017, 07:04 AM
did you really take the time to write that you dont have any problem

x LethalNoodle
03-10-2017, 07:57 AM

What's wrong with it? The more information Ubisoft gets the better.

I am in the same boat as OP. Though I play on PC. If I play for a session of six hours I'd be unfortunate if I get dc'd more than thrice. And that's acceptable to me.

Eleanor-Ripley
03-10-2017, 10:42 AM
Actually if you read the first 3 lines you'd notice, that i wrote to ask if the connectivity issues these forums imply, are actually general.

Im having a hard time believing that everyone has these problems, since i dobt really and ive done absolutely nothing to my old cobberwire connection.

Thankfully atleast one other player can report relatively stable connections.

secrecy274
03-10-2017, 10:46 AM
Same, I don't have any of the connectivity problems people are going on about here. I get disconnected about once or twice during a couple of hours gaming.

C.K.Paterson
03-10-2017, 10:58 AM
I would like to find the issue. I was in the same boat as you guys. Not many connection issues then yesterday I played for 3 hours. on my last hour of gameplay (I am not joking about this) I joined between 40-50 games in a row (probably more toward 40, didn't actually start counting from the start) that all ether didn't start due to a error message or started then gave a connection error 5-10 seconds into the game.
Seriously the first time I have come across this as well.
The only reason I continued trying to play was because I was 1 game away from Rep 3.
I ended up duelling as it was the only game mode I could play but even that was lagging more than I've ever seen since getting the game.

ArcheDemonm
03-10-2017, 11:13 AM
I am on PC and i had 0 issues with connectivity outside of 4v4 matches.

Game crashes somewhat often for me though instead.

Eleanor-Ripley
03-10-2017, 12:17 PM
I am on PC and i had 0 issues with connectivity outside of 4v4 matches.

Game crashes somewhat often for me though instead.
General game crashes happen sometimes for me aswell. Ill call it bad coding and its definately something fixable.

Glad to see several other players having somewhat stable experiences though :)

hydroshubong
03-10-2017, 12:37 PM
Because they don't want to port forward their router, they play wireless or they don't want to disconnect the other devices because they think that it doesn't matter!
I have some friends like that, and then they blame the game...
One of them was playing wireless and he was blaming the game for his disconnections. We found later that everytime that his girlfriend was using the microwave his ps4 was disconnecting because of the interferences ! LOL!

Im port forwarded, wired and I disconnect everything on my router before I start to play and I've been very rarely disconnected from For Honor.

zide-
03-10-2017, 12:39 PM
Greetings everyone.

This post is not about rubbing it in or adding insult to injury, im honestly just interested in my headline.

I see loads of threads about connectivity and im baffled about it. I get DC'ed aswell from time to time, but nowhere near as often as most people claim.

Yeaterday was bad in my case. I had the day off and played FH for roughly 6 hours straight (alitttle overboard i know) and during that session i was DC'ed twice. Game started to slow down, frames dropped and boom, everyone was kicked.

That happens very rarely and less and less since release - which was attrocious.

Problem is that every time the host disconnects the game freezes to find another host which leads to rubber banding and in worst case, match making error and everyone gets kicked out. With dedicated servers this wouldn't be happening. If you didn't experience this a lot, you were just lucky.

Aleix85
03-10-2017, 12:55 PM
Happy for the guys that are having less errors, but that's not my case. I'm having big issues since a couple of days ago.

First, since realease if I leave the game opened and I don't join any match for 3-5 minutes, then any I will get the "00000008" error on any match I try to join and I'll have to restart the game. That is annoying, but I rarely was leaving the game idle on during a play session.

But now, I'm facing long matchmaking times wich makes it difficult for me to join any game. The las three days I've spent 30min per day (before rage quitting it) trying to complete a match, but I'm also being dropped (along with other players as I see in the chat log) from every game.

For me the game is unplaylable right now, which is extremely frustating and makes me feel cheated by Ubisoft.

Btw, I'm playing on Xbox One and I have always green NAT.

Eleanor-Ripley
03-10-2017, 04:35 PM
Problem is that every time the host disconnects the game freezes to find another host which leads to rubber banding and in worst case, match making error and everyone gets kicked out. With dedicated servers this wouldn't be happening. If you didn't experience this a lot, you were just lucky.

I was under the impression that in FH everyone are considered "hosts" and individually simulate the data income which is then synced between players. So when a player leaves, the system has to "recalibrate" the syncronisation, which results in freezes.
That rarely causes crashes though. They are related to bad coding, memory loss or bad connections/interferens

Pope138
03-10-2017, 04:39 PM
Xbone player in Chicago, IL USA. Same as you OP, maybe slightly more connection issues than other games, but overall it runs well.

teksuo1
03-10-2017, 05:16 PM
the problem that shows up more frequently these days for me:
the game starts, a small synchronization happens, then a huge one that never ends, players get dropped from the game 1 by 1 until you alt-f4 or an error eventually brings you back to menu.
this was rare before but became more frequent lately.

Otherwise it's not that bad just the occasional hiccup when someone leaves mid-game.
on some rare occasions you'll see suspicious lags that strangely benefits your opponent greatly without anyone leaving the game.. but in general it's fine.

Eleanor-Ripley
03-11-2017, 10:58 AM
the problem that shows up more frequently these days for me:
the game starts, a small synchronization happens, then a huge one that never ends, players get dropped from the game 1 by 1 until you alt-f4 or an error eventually brings you back to menu.
this was rare before but became more frequent lately.

Otherwise it's not that bad just the occasional hiccup when someone leaves mid-game.
on some rare occasions you'll see suspicious lags that strangely benefits your opponent greatly without anyone leaving the game.. but in general it's fine.

Yeah this sounds exactly like my DC's sometimes. Think the error code is a 000006xxxxxsonething.
The feel of it reminds me of severe memory loss, when a RAM-stick is burned out, but ive only experienced that on my PC. Never on my console.
This game is the first console game ive tried that in.

Ginger_Hero_UK
03-11-2017, 11:41 AM
The problem is For Honor didn't want to give a player "Host Advantage" so the hosting is synced and shared between all the players, this is why when a player leaves the match theres the "Synchronisation" pause and about a 50-50 chance the sync will fail and all players will get kicked. (there's a decent article on it here: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-02-21-for-honor-online-disconnects-and-the-problem-with-peer-to-peer )
Yet despite the millions of copies they have sold of this game and all the money that's made UBIsoft are too cheap to set up dedicated servers?!?

Just wasted over half an hour getting disconnected from SEVEN dominion matches in a row, agreed some days are worse than others but until UBIsoft stop being so tight-fisted and shell out some money for servers this problem is NOT going to go away >:(

Ichnich89
03-11-2017, 11:42 AM
I rarely have any issues as well. I even play on wifi (PS4) cause this gives me green NAT. Without any problems. Of course, sometimes we'll get disconnected, or we'll get an error while playing. But this happens in like 1/15-1/20 games.

Btw. For the most it only happens when guys with a crappy connection play (red bars by their name) or when someone drops out. Mostly because of rage quit.

I really enjoy the game and it's mechanics and I don't understand those idiots that are complaining about everything in here.

Kurasamii
03-11-2017, 12:19 PM
Greetings everyone.

did you delete messages from this forum XD your missing a lot of extra information that was already posted in here, like the Dev who came to cheer on his one fan XD - or me telling you to stop brown nosing. Complaining isn't always bad, its enlightening and demanding the game gets better rather than the stale/broken uncompromising junk we have today. Celebrating mediocracy is the dumbest thing ive ever seen on a forum especially when the devs lack any real transparency.

Eleanor-Ripley
03-11-2017, 06:03 PM
did you delete messages from this forum XD your missing a lot of extra information that was already posted in here, like the Dev who came to cheer on his one fan XD - or me telling you to stop brown nosing. Complaining isn't always bad, its enlightening and demanding the game gets better rather than the stale/broken uncompromising junk we have today. Celebrating mediocracy is the dumbest thing ive ever seen on a forum especially when the devs lack any real transparency.
Dont quite get your point about brown nosing, as im asking other "players" about their experience. Not to mention i'd get absolutely nothing from kissing ubis ***, so your point is meaningless.

I am however aware that people tend to make threads on forums when they're dissatisfied, but not when they're actually satisfied. So automatically the forums give a false impression of how the game actually is. And id like to know if that impression was false - which it appears to be.

Ginger_Hero_UK
03-12-2017, 12:36 PM
I rarely have any issues as well. I even play on wifi (PS4) cause this gives me green NAT. Without any problems. Of course, sometimes we'll get disconnected, or we'll get an error while playing. But this happens in like 1/15-1/20 games.

Btw. For the most it only happens when guys with a crappy connection play (red bars by their name) or when someone drops out. Mostly because of rage quit.

I really enjoy the game and it's mechanics and I don't understand those idiots that are complaining about everything in here.

What's not to understand?

I must be unfortunate enough to play with more rage-quitters or people with worse connections than you. But any system that penalises all players in a game for someone else who disconnects is a broken system.

If you're not getting any issues then make the most of it and enjoy! but for me this game is unplayable now. Its like I'm just paying money to see error messages and navigate menu screens at the moment :(