PDA

View Full Version : I love how much rage this game brings out of people

Squ1dF4ce
03-10-2017, 06:55 AM
Just look at this forum

All these children complaining about;

This in unfair, this is bad, this game will die

So many salty tears, it is the best.

You lost because someone showed you something in the game you were unaware of, so you come to Ubisoft forums to cry nerf this and QQ P2P that.

Your tears make for a good read.

Darkness0111
03-11-2017, 12:46 AM
you probably main samurai or PK

Fenrirwolf24
03-11-2017, 01:35 AM
you probably main samurai or PK
And you are probably just bad at the game. Anyways op i agree this game brings out the rage. Not gonna lie i rage all the time mainly because of spammers and throwers or because i screwed up amd got owned XD

pure_energist
03-11-2017, 02:09 AM
Is it Just this Game or Fighting Games in general that have an abundance rage (nerf this, Buff that, waaah?!!) posts. I"m curious because before this forum I didn't read fighting game forums, but since this was a new type of fighting mechanic I thought it would be interesting to read how everyone adjusting to it. Did this game attract a new fighting gaming crowd of casual gamers too accustomed to easy win tactics??! Or is this a usual response from noobs to fighting games?

Reign
03-11-2017, 02:16 AM
Is it Just this Game or Fighting Games in general that have an abundance rage (nerf this, Buff that, waaah?!!) posts. I"m curious because before this forum I didn't read fighting game forums, but since this was a new type of fighting mechanic I thought it would be interesting to read how everyone adjusting to it. Did this game attract a new fighting gaming crowd of casual gamers too accustomed to easy win tactics??! Or is this a usual response from noobs to fighting games?

I'very been gaming a long time (30+ years) and member of all kinds of forums and I have never seen this much salt. I don't know what it is but this game brings out the rage in people something serious. I mean sure I have seen people discussing different mechanics and game issues but never this much hate spewed on this forum every single day all day long.

Egotistic_Ez
03-11-2017, 02:41 AM
I'm gonna be honest, this game does rage me out quite a bit. It's just got so much potential at its core, then you see all the ubi **** smeared on top that's ruining it and it pisses me off.

pure_energist
03-11-2017, 02:41 AM
I'very been gaming a long time (30+ years) and member of all kinds of forums and I have never seen this much salt. I don't know what it is but this game brings out the rage in people something serious. I mean sure I have seen people discussing different mechanics and game issues but never this much hate spewed on this forum every single day all day long.

Aha.. So then it's a safe assumption that this game attracted people from different gaming backgrounds that are not accustomed to this type of competitive gameplay and therefore want to rage about all the ways it can be made better to suit their play style and help them win more. I don't know if its a PC mostly thing but on PS4 I rarely encounter the issues constantly whined about here with the exception of the GB tech previously not being consistent. I play around 2-3 hours a day, and still rarely encounter "buggy exploits". IF I do and the other person wins,,,,soooo what??! Is this gaming crowd so immature they can't take a loss without it bruising their ego that they have to believe every loss was absolutely fair to have enjoyment in a new fighting mechanic.. There's things to be fixed, sure,, but whining over every loss that "seemed" unfair is just being immature and seemingly trolling a game that is a first of its kind. I celebrate Ubi for creating a new type of fighting mechanic and even though there are some legitimate wrinkles to be ironed out it is FAR from the mess this forum makes it out to be. I've enjoyed every hour with this game even when GB was annoying (I just countered with light attacks knowing my oposition was looking for guaranteed hits) Its not unplayable, UNLESS your skill is lacking and find yourself being beaten consistently enough that your ego can't handle the losses long enough to spend the time to get better. I destroyed my 9 year old son last night trying to teach him how to parry heavy attacks and tech GB's.. His excitement during the fight kept him from being patient..and after an hour of being beaten he wasn't very happy either... I can only imagine if I let him on this forum he'd be writing another..FIX THIS **** SO I CAN WIN post...

TCTF_SWAT
03-11-2017, 02:48 AM

Guess you haven't visited many forums then as you claim. :/

Gray360UK
03-11-2017, 02:51 AM

I think it's the added element of pride that goes with testing yourself 1 vs 1 against another player in a Duel scenario. The last time I saw this level of toxicity was in the World of Warcraft Duelling / Arena community. It's all fragile egos and bruised pride. In shooters it happens less, because you're in a tank or because you shot first, or because you were a sniper they couldn't reasonably counter, there's distance between your skill as a player and what happens in the game. In For Honor, that distance / safe space is gone. There's little else to blame.but the direct actions / skill of the player, and a lot of people really can't take the humiliation of defeat. A guy on these forums linked a video the other day of a Twitch streamer insulting him, his parents, his life, his lack of friends and so on, because he lost a duel by being headbutted a lot and being kicked over a ledge. Honestly the loser looked like he was gonna cry. I've been gaming as long as you and I've never had this much hate mail from random strangers I have just killed / won a game against. Well maybe if you take all 4 years I played WoW for it's a close thing, but this game has been out 4 weeks, lol

Reign
03-11-2017, 02:56 AM
Aha.. So then it's a safe assumption that this game attracted people from different gaming backgrounds that are not accustomed to this type of competitive gameplay and therefore want to rage about all the ways it can be made better to suit their play style and help them win more. I don't know if its a PC mostly thing but on PS4 I rarely encounter the issues constantly whined about here with the exception of the GB tech previous not being consistent. I play around 2-3 hours a day, and still rarely encounter "buggy exploits". IF I do and the other person wins,,,,soooo what??! Is this gaming crowd so immature they can't take a loss without it bruising their ego that they have to believe every loss was absolutely fair to have enjoyment in a new fighting mechanic.. There's things to be fixed, sure,, but whining over every loss that "seemed" unfair is just being immature and seemingly trolling a game that is a first of its kind. I celebrate Ubi for creating a new type of fighting mechanic and even though there are some legitimate wrinkles to be ironed out it is FAR from the mess this forum makes it out to be. I've enjoyed every hour with this game even when GB was annoying (I just countered with light attacks knowing my oposition was looking for guaranteed hits) Its not unplayable, UNLESS your skill is lacking and find yourself being beaten consistently enough that your ego can't handle the losses long enough to spend the time to get better. I destroyed my 9 year old son last night trying to teach him how to parry heavy attacks and tech GB's.. His excitement during the fight kept him from being patient..and after an hour of being beaten he wasn't very happy either... I can only imagine if I let him on this forum he'd be writing another..FIX THIS **** SO I CAN WIN post...

I couldn't have said it any better myself, and the above is exactly my assumption of what is going on. I mean sure when I play I have moments where I will mutter to myself "Are you f**king kidding me?" or "Well it took all 4 of ya'll to down me." but move on and play. But never making rage filled posts or sending hateful messages, I just don't get it. I mean at the end of the day we all have something in common being gamers and should show each other a certain modicum of respect. And as far as the technical stuff goes Ubisoft needs time and data to address the issues but so many people want everything fixed their way and they want it yesterday. Guess it's one of the benefits of being an older gamer understanding these things, minus the not being able to pull all night gaming sessions. Lol