PDA

View Full Version : Chip damage

the_MEL_man
03-10-2017, 05:50 AM
LETS THINK ABOUT THIS , WHY DO ANY OTHER THING THEN JUST BLOCK AND TECH THROWS. ITS NOT HARD TO DO EITHER ONE, WHY SHOULD I TRY TO PARRY IF THE DAMN MOVE AINT EVEN AN UNBLOCKABLE ?? NOW IM A GOOD PLAYER AT THE GAME , WITH A REP 5 BERSERKER AND REP 9 LAWBRINGER/ PSN: its_the_MEL_man . BUT IVE GONE AGAINST SOME PPL HOW I JUST SIMPLE COULD NOT KILL BECAUSE ALL THEY DID THE WHOLE GAME WAS BLOCK AND TECH THROWS. MEANWHILE IM OVER HERE JUST WHALING ON HIM WITH ATTACKS FOR A WHOLE 2 MINUTES WHILE HE JUST SAT THERE AND DID COMPLETELY NOTHING BUT PLAY DEFENSE. NOW IF THERE WAS CHIP DAMAGE, WELL A NOTICEABLE CHIP DAMAGE, THEN THAT PERSON WOULD HAVE LOST. CHIP DAMAGE IS IN EVERY SUCCESSFUL FIGHTING GAME FOR THIS PARTICULAR REASON, SO THAT BOTH SIDES TAKE ACTION OR YOU WILL BE PUNISHED !!

Sweet_Creme
03-10-2017, 05:33 PM
Definitely agree. There is some chip in the 4v4 game modes I believe, and some chip occurs when around critical health, but other than that I see no noticeable chip. Turtling and defensive styles are the meta it seems, and classes like Warlord and Conq allow for such beneficial returns on defense. Some people just literally stare at you all match without making one move less they see an opportunity or maybe get some guardbreak. Other than that though, there is no punishment for being highly defensive. This removes the conversation in battle; offense and defense, attack and defend, hitting and blocking. With chip damage, people would be dissuaded from standing there tanking damage all match for fear of dying without putting up a decent fight!

Kharneth88
03-10-2017, 05:36 PM
Speak softer.

teksuo1
03-10-2017, 05:48 PM
i sure do notice berserker's chip dmg when he's geared with high block damage and i have next to zero block damage resistance. Top heavies will chunk even through a block.

idk about modes without gear though.

Pope138
03-10-2017, 06:03 PM
Allcaps. He must be right.

psyminion
03-10-2017, 06:07 PM
chip damage in a game with swords is dumb. no one gets hurt when they block a sword with another sword.

stamina cost for blocking yes but not chip damage.

Agent Talon
03-10-2017, 06:28 PM
All depends on the approach they want to take. Is this a fighting game at heart than chip damage. Is this a sword/shield simulator, stamina cost for blocking and movements in general.

ShadowFetus
03-10-2017, 08:46 PM
Allcaps. He must be right.

Not to mention the single space wall of text. We need to listen up.