PDA

View Full Version : ETA on Connectivity Fix?

Mia.Nora
03-10-2017, 04:44 AM
This silence about connectivity problem is totally insulting.

This is a multiplayer game we are talking about, not a single player game with some MP content. And the amount of connectivity related issues are massive.

"Matchmaking Failed" error after several minutes of waiting in queue.
Lobby crash errors and game dissolving when someone DC/ragequits.
Game crashing with error even when noone quits (happens when playing with friends only. noone quits but game still crash with error)

I should not be at the mercy of random players where they may crash whole game if they choose to do so. In any other game if someone quits, all that happens is that their character becomes inactive. Nothing more. It is development's responsibility to ensure this. And other randoms errors has to be ironed out obviously.

I am certain developers are working on fixing this, but being silent about it is just making things as worse as it gets. I know you wont give us any technical details about what's being done, BUT Please answer this simple question;

"What is the **expected** result of the fix devs are working on, and when can we expect to have it?"

Can we expect "matchmaking failed" error after several minutes in queue to completely go away?
Will games stay stable when someone (especially host) quits?
Will there be errors when noone quits/DC?
And when will the fix be available to us?

As long as you aren't transparent about that people will only get more and more frustrated.

BTTrinity
03-10-2017, 05:24 AM
Probably never, this is a typical ubisoft move. P2P, act like the players who hate it dont exist and waste their money = profit

Mia.Nora
03-10-2017, 08:47 AM
From a financial point of view they should be aware that they can not ignore it, because;

1. No new copies will sell unless they fix the negative comments. Reviews are roughly %50 rated for the game. And it is announced that initial sales did not meet their expected quota. That is without people who bought game from a different store than Ubi and managed to get a refund.

2. They clearly want to sell premiums, skins, season passes. At this rate sales for those will be near 0 in game's current situation.

So I believe they actually do work on solutions to connectivity issues, but we need to know

a. what is expected result of the fix they are working on
b. when will it be deployed

otherwise more negativity and frustration will fill these forums.

Bob__Gnarly
03-10-2017, 10:05 AM
They will never fix it. It's been a problem since the betas and will only get worse as the population shrinks even further.

You know what they say, you can't polish a turd.

C.K.Paterson
03-10-2017, 10:25 AM
The fact that the player base has decreased from 60k-70k at release to around 10k-20k last time I could see it makes me feel that Ubisoft will just class it as a waste of resources to put any money back into the game now.

It's really quite sad, as in I'm sad. I love playing this game and I don't want them to give up on It.

If they just knew getting some good dedicated servers would bring back so many players ...
it was the main reason so many left in the first place.

Captain-Courage
03-10-2017, 11:50 AM
They won't do anything about P2P.
They can't now.
We'll never have dedicated server (maybe in a hypothetic For Honor 2 in 2 years, if we ever have it and they don't trash the license to the bin)
The game was coded for P2P, they won't change it now, far too much work and costs when they chose that P2P solution to not have to pay for dedicated servers in the first place.
I'm suspecting that the most part of the dev team is already on other projects now, and they work now with minimal manpower just to ensure "balance" and DLC releases.

We will watch them launch ranked matches and fail at it.
Then we will watch them fail at Esport because nobody will give a fly anymore ( that's almost alreday the case on PC with terrible retention rates, and PC is where Esports are)

In between they'll release their 6 new classes, it will bring more people back for maybe one or 2 weeks, and that's it, they won't do anything much I think.
They clearly don't know how to do "games as services" yet.
Companies like Riot or Blizzard are still above them head and shoulders.
Even Daybreak Games, (ex -SOE) offers a better quality of services.

Sad.

CarnivalLaw
03-10-2017, 01:43 PM
There is no connectivity fix.

kidico
03-10-2017, 01:48 PM
Connectivity shouldn't be a problem if you're using fast internet or Ethernet. If your internet is a bit dodgy it will drop the frame-rates and perhaps drop you out.

Telekill
03-10-2017, 04:06 PM
It was pretty bad last night. I got booted from multiple matches when playing with friends. Lots of lag, generally when someone leaves a match (often). I wouldn't get any XP when being booted even when the match was nearly done. I would have made Rep 3 with my Orochi last night had the servers not been having issues.

JonYurBz
03-10-2017, 04:16 PM
Well I wouldn't expect that anytime soon. If we take RB6 for example we are into year 2 waiting for the online portion of the game to improve. Heck ranked is still in beta in year 2. Match making in both these games is not good either. The P2P and dedicated servers Ubisoft is using in these games are not really acceptable in the current state. But it is usually our fault. The only games I have ever had to mess with my router to work right are still all made by one company. That would be Ubisoft FYI. Mmmmmmm

Mia.Nora
03-11-2017, 12:07 AM
Connectivity shouldn't be a problem if you're using fast internet or Ethernet. If your internet is a bit dodgy it will drop the frame-rates and perhaps drop you out.

Yes you are right, my 200mbps direct fibre unshared connection is at fault here. Ah and also I have completely stable 40~ms latency on all my other online games. You sir, are embodiment of ignorance.

Also a bump. Can please get an answer on an ETA for fix and what to expect from that fix?

RetedRacer
03-11-2017, 12:27 AM
Yes you are right, my 200mbps direct fibre unshared connection is at fault here. Ah and also I have completely stable 40~ms latency on all my other online games. You sir, are embodiment of ignorance.

Also a bump. Can please get an answer on an ETA for fix and what to expect from that fix?

If you have a brain in your head you know damn well they cant tell you what to expect from a fix they haven't made yet.

And if they give u an ETA youll be here *****in when they miss it lol.

Winsome111
03-11-2017, 12:31 AM
I'm gonna laugh when they do give y'all dedicated servers and the issues get worse. Y'all have no clue. Do you research on what types of games need what kind of network.

Git learned

UbiJurassic
03-11-2017, 01:03 AM
This silence about connectivity problem is totally insulting.

This is a multiplayer game we are talking about, not a single player game with some MP content. And the amount of connectivity related issues are massive.

"Matchmaking Failed" error after several minutes of waiting in queue.
Lobby crash errors and game dissolving when someone DC/ragequits.
Game crashing with error even when noone quits (happens when playing with friends only. noone quits but game still crash with error)

I should not be at the mercy of random players where they may crash whole game if they choose to do so. In any other game if someone quits, all that happens is that their character becomes inactive. Nothing more. It is development's responsibility to ensure this. And other randoms errors has to be ironed out obviously.

I am certain developers are working on fixing this, but being silent about it is just making things as worse as it gets. I know you wont give us any technical details about what's being done, BUT Please answer this simple question;

"What is the **expected** result of the fix devs are working on, and when can we expect to have it?"

Can we expect "matchmaking failed" error after several minutes in queue to completely go away?
Will games stay stable when someone (especially host) quits?
Will there be errors when noone quits/DC?
And when will the fix be available to us?

As long as you aren't transparent about that people will only get more and more frustrated.

To get the bad news out of the way, we unfortunately do not have an ETA on a connectivity fix. We are definitely aware of the issues connectivity is presenting to players and we are working to resolve it as soon as possible. The connectivity is unfortunately not something that can be resolved in one patch. Over the course of future patches, we hope to eliminate all the issues that are negatively impacting connectivity.

We've started hosting weekly livestreams, on Tuesday at 1PM EST, where we have been bringing on the developers to talk about important issues, such as connectivity. On the most recent stream, which you can see here (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1600490-(Updated-3-8-17)-Warriors-Den-Livestream-(Mar-7th)), we brought on For Honor's Online Game Director who talked specifically about connectivity. Other than the community team here on the forums, this stream is one of the best ways to hear about future fixes straight from the developers.

Bob__Gnarly
03-11-2017, 01:13 AM
To get the bad news out of the way, we unfortunately do not have an ETA on a connectivity fix. We are definitely aware of the issues connectivity is presenting to players and we are working to resolve it as soon as possible. Theconnectivity is unfortunately not something that can be resolved in one patch. Over the course of future patches, we hope to eliminate all the issues that are negatively impacting connectivity.

We've started hosting weekly livestreams, on Tuesday at 1PM EST, where we have been bringing on the developers to talk about important issues, such as connectivity. On the most recent stream, which you can see here (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1600490-(Updated-3-8-17)-Warriors-Den-Livestream-(Mar-7th)), we brought on For Honor's Online Game Director who talked specifically about connectivity. Other than the community team here on the forums, this stream is one of the best ways to hear about future fixes straight from the developers.

If the patches are anything like your last 2 on PC, I'll just uninstall now.

Thanks anyway.

Mia.Nora
03-11-2017, 03:36 AM
To get the bad news out of the way, we unfortunately do not have an ETA on a connectivity fix. We are definitely aware of the issues connectivity is presenting to players and we are working to resolve it as soon as possible. Theconnectivity is unfortunately not something that can be resolved in one patch. Over the course of future patches, we hope to eliminate all the issues that are negatively impacting connectivity.

Thank you for taking the time to reply, but I am certain you are aware both your response and the Warrior's Den commentary are using a lot of words to say very little.

I just watched it again, and here is the summary;

- Matchmaking: They resorted lists of regions people can / can't play with
- Session Stability and Connection: They separated Skirmish/Elimination and removed "Win xxx" orders
- Removed Maps with most synch issues
- Limited one Red Nat player allowance per session

The thing is none of those things are technical fixes. The problems we have in For Honor, the kind of problems that have been absent in online gaming in last 10+ years, are a result of technical network architecture game has. Yet it seems there are not even any attempts at fixing technical side, but instead just chopping bits and pieces of the game that has the most issues, instead of attempting to fix the reason behind issues.

Really disappointed, because combination of your reply and that commentary you linked simply tells "We are not attempting to fix the things that cause the issues, just disabling the parts with most issues".

I am not even asking for dedicated servers, I would be %100 happy with a working P2P system, but it feels like you even abandoned attempts at making it work on a technical level.

UbiJurassic
03-11-2017, 04:05 AM
Thank you for taking the time to reply, but I am certain you are aware both your response and the Warrior's Den commentary are using a lot of words to say very little.

I just watched it again, and here is the summary;

- Matchmaking: They resorted lists of regions people can / can't play with
- Session Stability and Connection: They separated Skirmish/Elimination and removed "Win xxx" orders
- Removed Maps with most synch issues
- Limited one Red Nat player allowance per session

The thing is none of those things are technical fixes. The problems we have in For Honor, the kind of problems that have been absent in online gaming in last 10+ years, are a result of technical network architecture game has. Yet it seems there are not even any attempts at fixing technical side, but instead just chopping bits and pieces of the game that has the most issues, instead of attempting to fix the reason behind issues.

Really disappointed, because combination of your reply and that commentary you linked simply tells "We are not attempting to fix the things that cause the issues, just disabling the parts with most issues".

I am not even asking for dedicated servers, I would be %100 happy with a working P2P system, but it feels like you even abandoned attempts at making it work on a technical level.

As previously stated, connectivity is something we are aiming to resolve through our future updates. It's unfortunately not something that can be resolved in one patch and will take time before it can be fully resolved.

sorcot
03-11-2017, 04:11 AM
So is your fix one start game with others only to have it revert to playing bots in PVP- which is fine since then you can actually finish the the PVP orders but your really not testing yourself outside of AI bots

Marcus_Kraven
03-11-2017, 04:14 AM
pre patch i had 50% chance to finish matches, post patch i haven't had a single match to complete due to DCs. and no it aint my connections that's causint this. i know my ****.

sorcot
03-11-2017, 04:15 AM
Haven't had a game all day that did not end with me playing BOT on all sides outside me of course by the end of the game. Finished them all but....