PDA

View Full Version : Lawbringer is friggin terrible

Arenaeus-88
03-10-2017, 12:35 AM
Ok so I understand lawbringer has a place in 4v4, however he is trash in duels. He has no good way to initiate, and everything he does is easily punishable. "But you can parry!" Who cant? "You can flip them!" Yeah cuz u cant see that coming a mile away. "You can push them!" Yeah and then do absolutely nothing, Any expert lb's out there have any tips for this class that is so weak?

Vilerin
03-10-2017, 01:14 AM
Still considered better class than Raider or Kensei.

At least your buff is confirmed by Ubi as I remember, poor weebs on Kensei (yes, me too).

PS: You have few good options on this champ but you will not find them in game guide or in any basic/advanced yt guide.

XImohtephXX
03-10-2017, 01:37 AM
Rep 4 Lawbringer. I eventually had to give him up for Warden when a win in duel was nearly giving me a heart attack every time. The best tip I could give is become very familiar with the attack distances of other characters to whiff a side or top light for chip damage. But even more important that and probably the most important tip I could ever give for him other than the obvious getting good at parries is to change it up often. More so then any other class I think you can absolutely not afford to be predictable with him. Do not dive head first into the Shove+GB spam and that become your sole reaction. Every fight you should be attempting to use your entire kit but never in the same combination. Accept that you are slower and frankly have less reliable tools than the other classes. But you have tools and a decent amount of them. Bottom line is chip damage and be unpredictable.

MatlaenStrider
03-10-2017, 02:02 AM
Lawbringer doesn't make any sense really as far as their movements because a halbert is 8.8 pounds at max 10 pounds. The Armor he wears is 110 pounds. There no way in any type of reality that a person that wears the armor 24-7 should be that slow with using a light weapon. Plus when you do Light+Heavy+Into a unblockable heavy aiming left to right, someone can side step the attack and the blade goes right pass the opponent body. How does that make any sense ?

I think the best way to fix the Lawbringer is give him some type of momentum feat. An Object stays in motion till an outside acted upon is one of the basics of newton laws. With all that weight form the lawbringers armor (plus alittle bit form his halberd) you shouldn't just be able to parry a heavy attack.

Sauronbaine
03-10-2017, 02:04 AM
I just heard from a guy that Lawbringer is better than Peacekeeper. Hold on to your hats ladies and gentlemen. Peacekeeper buffs inc.

Kappa.

Infidel.Castro
03-10-2017, 02:35 AM
Here's some good LB gameplay, you may learn something from it, you may not ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAEtdd0753U&list=PLG5sqCHvqKiDAeirHS6Sue7s7v1UUjbwu

cragar212
03-10-2017, 02:53 AM
LAWLbringer! There are a few really good ones floating around I'd hate to see one of those guys play warlord. But yeah IMO weakest 1v1 class.

But he has best emote spam so it balances out

Masher8559
03-10-2017, 03:28 AM
Great fun for team games, but yes very weak in 1v1s. against any competent player there isn't much a lawbringer can do to most of the classes in a 1v1. I have given him up after getting to prestige 4 as i'd like a class that can play all game modes.

TCTF_SWAT
03-10-2017, 04:42 AM
Just needs a few tweaks. Faster lights, better dodges, slightly faster fheavies and a gaurenteed light after shove.

Turric4n666
03-10-2017, 06:47 PM
So how does one counter a point blank charge?

AveImperator85
03-10-2017, 06:58 PM
So how does one counter a point blank charge?

You can't charge from point blank. He needs to sprint to initiate that impaling charge. If you see him sprinting, keep your guard to the side. Maybe try for a Parry if you're feeling cheeky. It drains 50% of our Stamina if we land it, 90% if you block it, and 100% if you Parry it. It also does practically no damage, so unless you have your back to a cliff, spikes, or a wall, we can't follow up with anything either.

Munktor
03-10-2017, 06:59 PM
You can't charge from point blank. He needs to sprint to initiate that impaling charge. If you see him sprinting, keep your guard to the side. Maybe try for a Parry if you're feeling cheeky. It drains 50% of our Stamina if we land it, 90% if you block it, and 100% if you Parry it. It also does practically no damage, so unless you have your back to a cliff, spikes, or a wall, we can't follow up with anything either.

It does very light damage, not no damage. I've killed with it, so I know it does damage.

AveImperator85
03-10-2017, 07:00 PM
It does very light damage, not no damage. I've killed with it, so I know it does damage.

I edited because I knew some people would take my comment literally. I know it does a tiny bit of damage, but it's practically negligible. I think it does as much, or slightly less than, our top light.

ParadigmFringe
03-10-2017, 07:29 PM
when you only use lawbringer basic kit, you will lose to a competent player... however, lawbringer probably has one of the best feint games out of all the characters.
\ry to turtle exclusively and you lose.
try to combo exclusively and you lose.
play mind games with feints AND use your kit, and lawbringer starts to shine.

i really don't see why people say the raider is bad... he also has a great feint game. IMO, the characters are really balanced at the moment.

AveImperator85
03-10-2017, 07:31 PM
when you only use lawbringer basic kit, you will lose to a competent player... however, lawbringer probably has one of the best feint games out of all the characters.
\ry to turtle exclusively and you lose.
try to combo exclusively and you lose.
play mind games with feints AND use your kit, and lawbringer starts to shine.

i really don't see why people say the raider is bad... he also has a great feint game. IMO, the characters are really balanced at the moment.

Not really. Lawbringer's feints are slow and has to cancel too early to really fool anyone who's mindful of feints. Not saying it can't be done, mind you. Just saying it's a hell of a lot harder for LB than for other heroes.

Munktor
03-10-2017, 07:39 PM
I edited because I knew some people would take my comment literally. I know it does a tiny bit of damage, but it's practically negligible. I think it does as much, or slightly less than, our top light.

Promise, I wasn't trying to be pedantic, I just didn't take your statement as an exaggeration. I honestly thought you meant literally no damage =)

No hate mate.

SAVAGE_CABBAGE1
03-10-2017, 07:41 PM
The Armor he wears is 110 pounds.

Try half that, a jouster's armor weighed about 110 pounds, a full plate armor set weighed about 50-60 pounds

AveImperator85
03-10-2017, 07:42 PM
Promise, I wasn't trying to be pedantic, I just didn't take your statement as an exaggeration. I honestly thought you meant literally no damage =)

No hate mate.

All good, man. I was probably in the process of editing my post to say "PRACTICALLY no damage" while you were replying, haha

Turric4n666
03-10-2017, 09:24 PM

No i meant the shove. dodge and gb move.
Well, the bot just dodges it.. so i have to get better lol.

AveImperator85
03-10-2017, 09:27 PM
No i meant the shove. dodge and gb move.
Well, the bot just dodges it.. so i have to get better lol.

Haha, just answered your own question, man. :)

In high-level play, it's dangerous to use the Dodge>Shove>GB combo because the Shove can be dodged and punished pretty bad. Also, anyone who's good at CGB will never let you get a grab in. It's been made even harder since the patch. LB is more reliant on GB than any other hero and making CGB even easier has really hurt us. :(

TCTF_SWAT
03-10-2017, 09:31 PM
Well actually shove i fairly safe ish if dodged. You can tech Gb's if someone dodges you. Basically the only real way to punish it is with dash attacks....however the warlord can't seem tp punish ti with heabutt....dunno why.

Also since you keep your armor throughout the whole duration of shove it also means you can block the pk's bleed follow-up from a dash attack. Can't see to be parry it though.

So you still take damage but you can absorb say...the valk's dash attacks then parry then next attack. They never see it coming.