PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer help

ComfyBurrito761
03-09-2017, 11:18 PM
Hello - How can I play this along with my son, at the same time, through the same console, in the same room with 2 controllers? What do I need to do to make this happen?

Best,

-t

phishnet
03-09-2017, 11:25 PM
You cannot. The game does not support local co op.

ComfyBurrito761
03-09-2017, 11:58 PM
You cannot. The game does not support local co op.

Wow. Kind of incredulous. Is there some reasonable explanation as to why a game developer would choose not to allow more than one player locally? Seems nuts, right?

phishnet
03-10-2017, 12:14 AM
In regards to being nuts, unfortunately no. There is a long list of games that do not offer split screen support. This is usually due to the fact they are trying to get out every piece of performance they can out of locked in hardware. Considering the map is the largest that ubisoft has ever done and there is zero loading once you are in the game world, my guess is a single xbox one could not run two sessions of the game. That being said, sorry you cannot play with your son. I hope you did not buy the game without knowing this info first and if you did, hopefully you can still find enjoyment out of it.

ComfyBurrito761
03-10-2017, 12:34 AM
In regards to being nuts, unfortunately no. There is a long list of games that do not offer split screen support. This is usually due to the fact they are trying to get out every piece of performance they can out of locked in hardware. Considering the map is the largest that ubisoft has ever done and there is zero loading once you are in the game world, my guess is a single xbox one could not run two sessions of the game. That being said, sorry you cannot play with your son. I hope you did not buy the game without knowing this info first and if you did, hopefully you can still find enjoyment out of it.

Understood. Makes sense. Still digging the game :)