PDA

View Full Version : Because I haven't seen a anyone else say it!

Alustar.
03-09-2017, 11:05 PM
I'd like to take a moment and actually thank the dev team responsible for this game. Sincerely. I was excited for this title the moment I saw the trailer and can say I'm not one bit dissatisfied with the game. And on behalf of all the silent players out there who dotdon't get these forums, thank you guys. I've played games most my life, been apart of several MMO communities and been PvPing for over a decade, this is the most balanced, fair and skill based game I've come across.
It's sad that these forums are being polluted by such I divided group of bickering individuals.
I don't think I recall such a mass array of people clamouring for nerfs this soon after a games launch. When did we stop playing games and learning mechanics before we complained? Stop pretending you have "mastered" anything in a game that's been out less than five months.
I'll admit openly. I'm not pro, or even really that good at this game. But I don't sit and make excuses about why my playing sucks.
Likewise, to those that feel the need to talk down on others and yell "git gud", the "gudder trolls" of these forums, you aren't helping at all. You only serve to make the community weaker and more divided and very few of you add anything of intrinsic value to the discussion.

C.K.Paterson
03-09-2017, 11:12 PM
But servers.

Turric4n666
03-09-2017, 11:12 PM
i have a blast also.. but i also want to see some improvements.

C.K.Paterson
03-09-2017, 11:16 PM
I agree on the front that the game is good and I adore playing. After work any time I can I jump on. Just I would only wish they did something about the servers.

Einherjar25
03-09-2017, 11:27 PM
I'd like to take a moment and actually thank the dev team responsible for this game. Sincerely. I was excited for this title the moment I saw the trailer and can say I'm not one bit dissatisfied with the game. And on behalf of all the silent players out there who dotdon't get these forums, thank you guys. I've played games most my life, been apart of several MMO communities and been PvPing for over a decade, this is the most balanced, fair and skill based game I've come across.
It's sad that these forums are being polluted by such I divided group of bickering individuals.
I don't think I recall such a mass array of people clamouring for nerfs this soon after a games launch. When did we stop playing games and learning mechanics before we complained? Stop pretending you have "mastered" anything in a game that's been out less than five months.
I'll admit openly. I'm not pro, or even really that good at this game. But I don't sit and make excuses about why my playing sucks.
Likewise, to those that feel the need to talk down on others and yell "git gud", the "gudder trolls" of these forums, you aren't helping at all. You only serve to make the community weaker and more divided and very few of you add anything of intrinsic value to the discussion.

...and the award for the "Corniest player" goes to!

Alustar.
03-09-2017, 11:31 PM
...and the award for the "Corniest player" goes to!
Corny or not it needed to be said. Way too hate in these posts for such a great title.

Alustar.
03-09-2017, 11:38 PM
To address the server issue. I think they are right with the p2p system. It's easier and faster for two platforms to directly communicate than it is for two platforms to communicate between a server.
So far I've had minimal (maybe 1-3 a day) disco errors. And I attribute that more to my own isp than I do an error with p2p

Pope138
03-09-2017, 11:39 PM
Yeah, love this game. My first real Ubisoft experience. I have issues and concerns, but overall I can't get enough. I only get to play on weekends, so I jones Monday through Friday. I can't remember the last game to do that to me.

DrExtrem
03-09-2017, 11:39 PM
The game is indeed really good but by far not, where it could be.

Technical issues are a big problem. Disconnects, errors, failed matches, desynchronises, input lag from hell, frame rate stuttering on xbox...
Mechanics are sometimes not clear or not working properly, guard breaking is still a problem, defensive meta, revenge mode...
Gear is a mess, economy is problematic and cries out for "pay to loot"...
Bots ignore game mechanics and often rely on cheating to win, they are either dumb or god...
It is by far too hard for beginners to play vs. AI and the matchmaker is going to humiliate them in pvp...

The game is great but needs a lot of work.

Don't get me wrong. I am playing it every evening and overall, I am having fun ... but then, the game does something spectacularly evil to me.

ipm204
03-10-2017, 01:13 AM
When did we stop playing games and learning mechanics before we complained?

The same could be said about your statement... "The most balanced, fair and skill based game"? Really? How could anyone determine its balanced any quicker then another person determining is needs some balancing? Why is your opinion automatically truth and everyone else's opinion is "polluting this community" as you say?

Is your opinion truth simply because it's positive and praises the devs? The game obviously has some serious connection issues, nobody can deny that.

Reign
03-10-2017, 01:23 AM
To the OP I agree, sure it needs some polishing but I had given up most MP games after AC Black Flag (all ACMP) because the shooters had gotten so monotonous. This has sparked the fire for me again and am looking forward to playing it for a long time. I love a non-conventional MP and this fits the bill perfectly. And while some people have connection issues for me it's been pretty stable I get the odd drop when people quit but 80% or more of the games I join I'm in them until the end. Other than that I have little or no issue with the mechanics in it and am doing quite well with them.

FledgeSRondo
03-10-2017, 01:38 AM
For Honor 4 Life! I really love this games thrilling mechanics, epic high narrative aesthetics, tasteful music and ambience, and its deep, deep strategy, it's the most refreshing and exhilarating multiplayer gaming experience I've had in forever. That moment when you're on the battlefield and parrying 3 enemies all at once, suddenly explode with revenge and kill at least two of them, thanks in part to long practice with the moveset but also strategic gear choices... even IF you wind up getting killed, you've not only severely weakened their battlefield presence but kept them preoccupied for a precious good time while your other teammates are fulfilling objectives, pushing the front or leveling up feats, giving your team an unexpected winning edge. I love those moments where you're running through the battlefield, check the map and lay of the heroes and suddenly get that epiphany moment where you realize your enemies are probably going to make a bid to secure an unguarded objective and then successfully head them off, or have to make ad-hoc gambles as to where you think you're most needed based on what objectives are being contested, which areas are unguarded, where your opponents and enemies are, etc. Just, so many ingenious aspects to this game that genuinely make the victory feel glorious, I can't praise it enough.

That said, the connection issues admittedly suck, so I definitely sympathize with other players frustrations, I've already had my painful fair share of teleporters, painful one-sided lag and sudden, abrupt disconnects, the experience can change from glory to fury on a dime. However, if Ubisoft invests in fixing the problems then I think a lot of the frankly petulant press this otherwise incredible game has gotten will be significantly palliated, getting dedicated servers going would go a long way. I think local play for expert players looking to control for any lag issues and friendly modes for more casual players would have helped too, as currently there are no options for either, pigeon-holing everyone into an okay yet inevitably spotty online experience.

I really think For Honor is a great game that really deserves more credit than its gotten. I'd love to see this game, its community and meta expand and become successful mainstays within the online competitive world. I know I'm gushing, but man do I LOVE this game!

feuerundblut
03-10-2017, 01:40 AM
I thank the devs responsible for the art and the combat gameplay. There's no denying they did a great job.

On the other hand, I am saying 'git gud' to the ones responsible for the networking and the matchmaking.

This is a love and hate feeling on my side with this game so far.

UbiNoty
03-10-2017, 01:50 AM

Thanks for the love alustar24! These little moments of appreciation mean so much to us. We know that FH isn't perfect and that there are still spaces for improvement, so we're working extremely hard to look at and address these major issues. It hasn't been long since release, but we already have made some updates, and will continue making updates and improvements to make the FH experience the most enjoyable it can be for everyone.

XImohtephXX
03-10-2017, 01:58 AM
It is incredibly refreshing to actually see positivity from the community. I adore this game in the same vain that I adored Evolve upon release. It is unique and fluid and for me the heart and soul of what the game is makes the issues with it bearable. I am in no way saying they should be ignored but I am saying it seems too many people are ready to discredit a game for an inconvenience instead of praising what it actually brings to the table.

Kurasamii
03-10-2017, 01:59 AM

This is a little silly comment isn't it? I mean brown nosing is fine but have some integrity. I dont complain about much and read the forums and master whatever i play.. But today i read stuff (like this post) that makes me want to respond.

I as a Silent Player (as you call it) do not support mediocracy, do not support the major price tag this game exploits given the numerous bugs that have been consistant since Alpha. I dont support people like your self speaking on behalf of people who really dont know.

Devs need to react themselves and realise they have made mistakes and plenty of them.. This game will fail unless they seriously rethink the direction of this game.
What type of game is it really? do all the characters fit thematically? are all the characters really balanced across all skill levels? when will the MM system be fixed?

I am sure they realise this isn't the game they hoped for and i am confident that given time it will be a great game but please don't give praise on behave of others.

Kurasamii
03-10-2017, 02:08 AM
It is incredibly refreshing to actually see positivity from the community. I adore this game in the same vain that I adored Evolve upon release. It is unique and fluid and for me the heart and soul of what the game is makes the issues with it bearable. I am in no way saying they should be ignored but I am saying it seems too many people are ready to discredit a game for an inconvenience instead of praising what it actually brings to the table.

Liked this comment XD
this game does bring a lot of unique and interesting concepts. but its competitive and Lambs are not really welcome encase you didn't get the plot of the story XD

everyone has their fav character and will always defend that character no matter what.. But you have to realise there is always a little truth in whats being said. Some characters sadly are stronger/ skill is impacted by other variables in a game...which may be a result of the game being too sensitive.
example - my mouse attacks are faster and more responsive than my controller because it has a higher dpi or w.e XD
but it makes blocking difficult.. add in other issues like latency/lag/server/ superior connection etc and u have a lot of variables that make the game frustrating.

Kurasamii
03-10-2017, 02:11 AM
Thanks for the love alustar24! These little moments of appreciation mean so much to us. We know that FH isn't perfect and that there are still spaces for improvement, so we're working extremely hard to look at and address these major issues. It hasn't been long since release, but we already have made some updates, and will continue making updates and improvements to make the FH experience the most enjoyable it can be for everyone.

Its great to se how fast ou react to the brown nosing comments XD but cant you talk more with the community about things that are relevant? if you were more open or transparent about what your planning youd have less haters and more understanding.

XORaptor0
03-10-2017, 02:17 AM
Call me when the game is fun to play again.

Tillo.
03-10-2017, 02:21 AM
PFFFF are you saying that you don't get matchmaking long queues? No matchmaking errors? No pauses during online gameplay? No game crashing due to leavers without getting xp, steel nor statistics?
Ubinoty you are a hypocrite, if bugisoft doesn't pay you I trully feel sorry for you.

Natedog858585
03-10-2017, 02:24 AM

its so sad how fast you are to jump on brown nosing comments, but when actual issues such as horrid gear balancing and matchmaking comes up, all you give is a "well it we are looking into it".

you're game is slowly losing players every single day because no one wants to play a game where only 2 modes are remotely balanced, and the other 3 modes are full of revenge/PK spam that is almost impossible to counter unless you predict if they are gonna zone or not.

Gray360UK
03-10-2017, 02:45 AM
Bravo OP, nice to see a positive post. :)

These forums give a really bad impression of the game, as most forums do, sadly. I cannot deny I love playing the game, despite it's flaws. If I did not, I wouldn't play it, and I wouldn't post here either. I would just play something else and post on their forums.

I only have technical problems with the game really, the P2P system and the broken Matchmaking system. Content, gameplay, classes, combat, environmental hazards, lack of honour, boosts etc are all fine with me.

UbiNoty
03-10-2017, 03:39 AM
Its great to se how fast ou react to the brown nosing comments XD but cant you talk more with the community about things that are relevant? if you were more open or transparent about what your planning youd have less haters and more understanding.

I believe that we have tried our very best to be as open and transparent about priority issues in the community as we can. We have responded to community feedback and requests through multiple updates in which we improved mechanics such as reverting back to the beta counter-GB behavior and today's simultaneous GB update, introduced balance changes such as valkyrie buffs, and are continuing to improve upon and address issues such as connectivity errors, matchmaking, and hackers and exploits. We try to address and acknowledge your concerns through the forums, through blog posts, patch notes and announcements, and even through our dev streams where we answer community questions. I apologize if you feel that we aren't communicating enough, but believe me, we're trying to communicate as much as we can.

And I responded to his comment because I really do appreciate his words and in no way see it as brown-nosing since he gains nothing by trying to gain favor with the forum mods. :D

PFFFF are you saying that you don't get matchmaking long queues? No matchmaking errors? No pauses during online gameplay? No game crashing due to leavers without getting xp, steel nor statistics?
Ubinoty you are a hypocrite, if bugisoft doesn't pay you I trully feel sorry for you.

I don't believe I ever said any of those things.

Tillo.
03-10-2017, 04:01 AM
I was not talking to you. You are a hypocrite for denying connectivity problems and blaming the users.

secrecy274
03-10-2017, 11:06 AM
I agree, the game is a blast.
Yes, there's balancing issues. However few if any multiplayer games a perfectly balanced when they're released.

All in all, I'm happy with my purshase.

C.K.Paterson
03-10-2017, 11:14 AM
I would like more information about people not having many connection issues. I play many online games with no issues and in the beginning I only suffered 1 out of 5 games disconnected with For Honor but last night I seriously was searching for an hour at the least to be disconnected from 40-50 games I'm not joking ether. I only started counting from what I felt was 8-10 but I've never suffered this hard before and there was no reason behind it.
The only reason I stuck with it for so long was that I was 1 game away from getting to Rep 3.

Turric4n666
03-10-2017, 11:28 AM
I would like to see some Statistics or rather have an api to access those telemetry datas. Winrates per map and level and char etc.

DrExtrem
03-10-2017, 11:33 AM
"Do or do not. There is no try."

Master Yoda is right. You tried to communicate with the community but you rarely comment on problems like guard breaking, defensive meta and gear.

Sadly, you were not really successful. In addition, people go ballistic, when you respond to praise fast but not to problems.

A good start would be to post a list of known bugs and issues - this would show, that you are not ignoring the matter.

Turric4n666
03-10-2017, 11:35 AM

Master Yoda is right. You tried to communicate with the community but you rarely comment on problems like guard breaking, defensive meta and gear.

Sadly, you were not really successful. In addition, people go ballistic, when you respond to praise fast but not to problems.

A good start would be to post a list of known bugs and issues - this would show, that you are not ignoring the matter.

Trs did a pretty neat thing. They made a bug tracking site with issues.. Let me check if i find it.

Turric4n666
03-10-2017, 11:39 AM
https://talk.turtlerockstudios.com/t/cupcake-official-evolve-trello-board-cupcake/95738

Here it is. It was a really awesome addition for communication. You could maybe talk about this internally ubiNoty

Alustar.
03-10-2017, 11:49 AM
I like how I'm called a brown noser for simply putting out a thank you for work and time spent making a fun game when practically all of what I see are posts of people complaining left and right, most of which are for no reason.
Problems with connections? Ok cool, that's life on the ******* internet! Point out to me an instance when your experience with a new title was flawless? Oh right, you can't. Because **** happens.
I have right now what I consider a ****ty connection and I still enjoy the game with minimal problems. I might get two matches a night that disco with an actual error. Any of the other three are because too many players left.
All of you are ready to make these knee jerk comments about what you think Ubisoft is doing and how they are being lazy and sh#theads, last I checked I don't see any of your name's attached to any major game production company, or any major title being produced on any level.
So unless you have some valid, constructive feedback for these people all you are doing is b!itching. The reason you think the game is failing is because of the toxic player base infecting the community.

Alustar.
03-10-2017, 11:51 AM

I've seen several uni mods respond to multiple threads when the problem is an actual issue. Not complaining.
And with the amount of threads they do great.

Turric4n666
03-10-2017, 11:58 AM
I've seen several uni mods respond to multiple threads when the problem is an actual issue. Not complaining.
And with the amount of threads they do great.

The problem is that many people just sporadically visit the forum, so they don't see every respond. The mods don't respond to every thread that covers the same issues. So it might seem like they ignore it.

There are not many stickys with know issues and the forum is not well moderated tbh.

Double topics, spam bots, flame everywhere. They should really consider to grant some engaged members here moderator status. I bet you will find enough competent people. I sure would help out.

Additionally more stickys with known bugs issues and what you are working on.
Alternatively also implement said trello board

https://talk.turtlerockstudios.com/t/cupcake-official-evolve-trello-board-cupcake/95738

Alustar.
03-10-2017, 12:09 PM
I can see your point, there, turric. But to be fair, even in the MMO communities I came from the devs and mods didn't regularly communicate on threads.
Part of that had to do with the risk of infighting and trolling and the other hassles of dealing with a player base. However, there were weekly updates and deb notes posted on the loader gui every time you logged in so you saw the communication.

DrExtrem
03-10-2017, 12:53 PM
I like how I'm called a brown noser for simply putting out a thank you for work and time spent making a fun game when practically all of what I see are posts of people complaining left and right, most of which are for no reason.
Problems with connections? Ok cool, that's life on the ******* internet! Point out to me an instance when your experience with a new title was flawless? Oh right, you can't. Because **** happens.
I have right now what I consider a ****ty connection and I still enjoy the game with minimal problems. I might get two matches a night that disco with an actual error. Any of the other three are because too many players left.
All of you are ready to make these knee jerk comments about what you think Ubisoft is doing and how they are being lazy and sh#theads, last I checked I don't see any of your name's attached to any major game production company, or any major title being produced on any level.
So unless you have some valid, constructive feedback for these people all you are doing is b!itching. The reason you think the game is failing is because of the toxic player base infecting the community.

This board is full of constructive feedback, analysis, videos with strange behaviour and bug reports. Most of them (like 95%) don't get recognised or commented. If you see a comment, it is because somebody dropped the f-bomb.

Bug tracker. Feedback. Clarifications. Dialogue.

This is essential communication.

De4d_0n_Sight
03-10-2017, 12:57 PM

BS, just BS. I am playing other online games, havn't noticed those kind of disconnects that frequently. Even the free WoT - never every problems.

But here I have paid a lot for this game, so f**cking no, I expect to have a valid product. In the past bugs, even less affecting ones, were a no-go.

Even if you play against a bot 1vs1 there is alsways this "problems, exp will be added later" issue. Nuff said about the competence of that company.

Tillo.
03-10-2017, 04:20 PM
**** happens lmao.
Been a gamer since atari and I have never experienced such long matchmaking queues, mm errors sending me back to menu, GAME PAUSING EVERYTIME SOMEONE LEAVES WHAT THE F*** teleporting you a few seconds back in time, game crashing due to host leaving without getting xp, steel nor statistics.
I haven't complained a single time about nerfs, buffs, balance, gb, gear, etc. Those are things that will change in the future, but the netcode needs an urgent fix since open beta. What it is worse is that mods and support blames you, your isp, or your internet configuration instead of acknowledging the problem. So yes we are salty as f*** because we are being treated like idiots.

Captain-Courage
03-10-2017, 04:39 PM
The reason you think the game is failing is because of the toxic player base infecting the community.

The reason we think this game is failing is because ... this game is actually failing.
It lost more than 50 % of its Steam user base in less than a month (which was more than 50 % of the PC playerbase).
No playerbase (PS4, PC, Xbox) managed to clear the event of last week in time. because the actual user bases are thinner than what Ubi thought.
Now you can't even see the userbase numbers IG, it was taken out (and won't come back).

The P2P architecture is a bad choice and the one who has damned the game, doesn't bring any kind of better performances if you can't even connect to the game and could even cause real security issues for users.
Open bar for hackers. Some people has already been kicked from parties, because IP displayed.
But Ubi doens't know how to develop for a PC environement (don't even try to go Esport before, or you will fail)

Turric4n666
03-10-2017, 05:00 PM
Fact check:

Average online players dropped by
21,49%
On steam.
http://steamcharts.com/app/304390

Orion027x7
03-10-2017, 05:06 PM
I assure you this stuff your talking about gets brought up on more games than you think, lol.

teksuo1
03-10-2017, 05:09 PM
+1

Sure the game has problems, but it has kept me entertained everyday since release. Time flies by ; I even catch myself dreaming about it at night from time to time.

Thanks!

Captain-Courage
03-10-2017, 05:51 PM
The core game is good.
The combat system is good.
Visuals and designs are good even if sometimes quite silly (vikings especially), still very nice looking
The animations are very, very well detailled, even if some of them are a bit unrelistic (but that's for the sake of cinematography), and the general feeling about weight, power, general flow and such is right on spot (excellent sound design to empower that even more). It could be viewed as a silly thing but it's fundamental.

Everything surronding that is at best mediocre

UI is a total mess.
Network architecture a direct go without return into Oblivion, PC version is doomed and will never recover because of that.
Monetization is quite over the top and certainly not on par with the quality of services provided.

That's where Ubi really fail.
They told us that now, their new motto is "games as services".

They totally forgot the service part.

Alustar.
03-10-2017, 07:42 PM
Thanks in the assist turric, that's something that's clearly missing is facts here. I see a lot of arbitrary numbers but nothing to back up some claims.
Instead of throwing a group of professional, career driven people to the wolves with wild claims and outright disrespecting them is not going to fix the problem.
I'll say out again, unless any of you have actual real world experience mashing servers, coding designing and animating games your opinions on the problems are just that.
Anything outside of a simple, resourceful reporting of issues I.e. Calling devs and mods idiots, losers and beyond is harmful to this process.

Einherjar25
03-10-2017, 08:11 PM
So you want proof that this game is failling? Not only is this game failing but Ubisoft took "a hit" as a company because of it. This is how bad this is. Their stock went down. You try to cut corners and increase profits but the player aren't dumb. They are extremely good at marketing their products, to say I almost bought Wildlands LOL! I honestly didn't even know For honor was P2P until I bought it and saw the gazallion complaints about P2P on the forums (That's on me). On the otherhand, I did notice the connectivity but didn't realise it was because of this P2P architecture. But it's failling for other reasons then P2P alone. Listen to this video. Tons of people withdrew their stock from the company after release because they do not feel confident in it as a result of For honor's release and critics. Understand that the For honor team is NOT solely responsible for the game's failure. Unfortunately everyone answer to someone and sometime that someone only has $$$ in their head. Ironically it created the exact opposite, sling shot effect. Karma?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpdAqSmkkZk

Tillo.
03-10-2017, 08:12 PM
Harmful is to be scamed with a broken product. If you buy a car that drops dead every two blocks and you take it to the dealership and the sales man tells you it's your fault you won't be happy about it.
That's exactly what's going on here. We have been reporting this from day 1, with skilled people analyzing the netcode showing facts about it: https://youtu.be/tAU5bIalbnc

Captain-Courage
03-10-2017, 08:13 PM
I see a lot of arbitrary numbers but nothing to back up some claims.

Numbers are avalaible everywhere
But you can't see them if you willingly refuse to

https://www.vg247.com/2017/03/07/after-just-2-weeks-for-honor-lost-50-of-its-player-base-on-steam-the-same-rate-as-the-division/

https://www.pcgamesn.com/for-honor/for-honor-steam-player-base-uplay

http://gamingbolt.com/for-honor-lost-over-50-percent-of-steam-player-base-in-two-weeks

http://www.githyp.com/for-honor-lost-over-half-of-its-playerbase-in-its-first-two-weeks-on-steam/

https://gamerant.com/for-honor-steam-playerbase-down-50-percent/

Alustar.
03-10-2017, 09:06 PM
So you want proof that this game is failling? Not only is this game failing but Ubisoft took "a hit" as a company because of it. This is how bad this is. Their stock went down. You try to cut corners and increase profits but the player aren't dumb. They are extremely good at marketing their products, to say I almost bought Wildlands LOL! I honestly didn't even know For honor was P2P until I bought it and saw the gazallion complaints about P2P on the forums (That's on me). On the otherhand, I did notice the connectivity but didn't realise it was because of this P2P architecture. But it's failling for other reasons then P2P alone. Listen to this video. Tons of people withdrew their stock from the company after release because they do not feel confident in it as a result of For honor's release and critics. Understand that the For honor team is NOT solely responsible for the game's failure. Unfortunately everyone answer to someone and sometime that someone only has $$$ in their head. Ironically it created the exact opposite, sling shot effect. Karma?

Linking some kids YouTube review of a game is sloppy, he provided no links or cousins for any claims. Check the stock margins on Ubisoft, they looked good to me.

Harmful is to be scamed with a broken product. If you buy a car that drops dead every two blocks and you take it to the dealership and the sales man tells you it's your fault you won't be happy about it.
That's exactly what's going on here. We have been reporting this from day 1, with skilled people analyzing the netcode showing facts about it: https://youtu.be/tAU5bIalbnc

Even the poster said his tests were all preliminary and it was just to highlight the differences/benefits/drawbacks to reach tupe of networking connectivity choices. And by his own admission said that most experienced lag could be attributed to lack of proper router maintenance by your ISP

https://www.vg247.com/2017/03/07/after-just-2-weeks-for-honor-lost-50-of-its-player-base-on-steam-the-same-rate-as-the-division/

http://gamingbolt.com/for-honor-lost-over-50-percent-of-steam-player-base-in-two-weeks

http://www.githyp.com/for-honor-lost-over-half-of-its-playerbase-in-its-first-two-weeks-on-steam/

Again, lots of bloated statistics with no real links to sources, additionally those numbers revolved around player count fluctuation which is normal when you consider hour frequently new games are released today.

Tillo.
03-10-2017, 09:11 PM
Okay, not replying to you anymore. Cya forum troll.

Turric4n666
03-10-2017, 09:14 PM

A site with the name gamerant.. Lol yeah... I'll stick to serious stuff that I know.

Alustar.
03-10-2017, 09:16 PM
Okay, not replying to you anymore. Cya forum troll.

I'd say that too, if I got dismantled that badly.

Captain-Courage
03-10-2017, 09:18 PM
Then just look at the charts.

http://steamcharts.com/app/304390#1m

But I'm not sure if your bad faith allows you to do that

Even the poster said his tests were all preliminary and it was just to highlight the differences/benefits/drawbacks to reach tupe of networking connectivity choices. And by his own admission said that most experienced lag could be attributed to lack of proper router maintenance by your ISP

And also that the system contains real security issues, that some players could experiment, just, for example, by being dossed or kicked from parties.
And that has nothing to do with one's ISP.

Bu once again, bad faith is a handy tool for occulting some annoying things.

Einherjar25
03-10-2017, 09:18 PM
Linking some kids YouTube review of a game is sloppy, he provided no links or cousins for any claims. Check the stock margins on Ubisoft, they looked good to me.

LMAO. The guy shows you the numbers and you basically says he's lying because YOU went and check their stock? How the hell do you know their stock is currently good as oppose as "X" months ago? You obviously have no freaking clue what you are talking about.

I imagine the 50% player leaving For honor on Steam is a lie too?If they are going to lie about it why only state STEAM in their lies? Why Steam? Why not just say the entire population has droped by 50%? Again, makes non sense whatsoever. I'll tell you why they choose steam on ALL these website. Simplybecause that's where the numbers came from. Not a lie but a fact.

The mere fact that you called the Youtube video a REVIEW makes you lose ALL CREDIBILITY. The video is NOT a review but is factual. It's interesting how you are accause him of having no basis for is analysis but you make your own conclusion without having any proof yourself. Again, zero credibility.

Alustar.
03-10-2017, 09:22 PM
LMAO. The guy shows you the numbers and you basically says he's lying because YOU went and check their stock? How the hell do you know their stock is currently good as oppose as "X" months ago? You obviously have no freaking clue what you are talking about.

I imagine the 50% player leaving For honor on Steam is a lie too?If they are going to lie about it why only state STEAM in their lies? Why Steam? Why not just say the entire population has droped by 50%? Again, makes non sense whatsoever. I'll tell you why they choose steam on ALL these website. Simplybecause that's where the numbers came from. Not a lie but a fact.

The mere fact that you called the Youtube video a REVIEW makes you lose ALL CREDIBILITY. The video is NOT a review but is factual. It's interesting how you are accause him of having no basis for is analysis but you make your own conclusion without having any proof yourself. Again, zero credibility.

Turric linked the real stem drop at 21% ish. As for how I know the stock rating? I checked it. Anyone can. And yes, versus the months ago. They have been green and growing. Even expected to exceed current sales by 80% so...
https://markets.ft.com/data/equities/tearsheet/forecasts?s=UBI:PAR

And yes, that's guys review of for honor is just that, a review.

Captain-Courage
03-10-2017, 09:33 PM
Turric linked the real stem drop at 21% ish.

Somebody doesn't know how to use steamcharts.
Don't be fooled by the Last 30 Days until one full month has passed.
Use the graphics to see each hour / days / weeks etc numbers

Alustar.
03-10-2017, 09:39 PM
I know I mentioned this, but it bears repeating.

Ride and fall of player numbers are not indicative of a games success rate, especially this close to not only it's own launch date, but the launch of other major titles.

Einherjar25
03-10-2017, 09:48 PM
Turric linked the real stem drop at 21% ish. As for how I know the stock rating? I checked it. Anyone can. And yes, versus the months ago. They have been green and growing. Even expected to exceed current sales by 80% so...

And yes, that's guys review of for honor is just that, a review.

The guy has a video review of For Honor but this is not it. Have you even watch the video? How the hell can you call this a review?

If you look at the chart, their stock rose before For honor release and diped back down only to rise back again just before Wildlands release. *hint hint* The rise is tied to Wildlands, NOT For honor "success". As you can see, and I stated that in many of my post before, Ubisoft is extremely good at marketing their products. They have this great ability to have you believe they are selling the next big thing. I fell for it on The Division, and again on For honor. I almost bought Wildlands but sure am happy I didn't. The thing you are not getting here is that Wildlands' release made their stock go up. This rise is DEFINITLY not tied to how they are managing/managed For honor. Are you willingly using Wildland' release to cover For honor's failures hmmm? 1-0

If you look at the steam charts, from first few days and compare the numbers to the 25th, which is when the article was written (the earliest version of that artice which is literally 2 weeks after release), you can CLEARLY see the numbers fluctuate from roughly 45 000-30 000 players in the early days if the game's release to; 25 000-15000 players around the 23-25 of febuary. Now do that math. I rounded these numbers of purpose and I don't know about you but 25 000 is close to 50% of 45 000 and 15 000 is dead on 50% of 30 000. 2-0. Your turn.

Alustar.
03-10-2017, 09:49 PM
So that none can claim I'm a hypocrite.
Looks like everything is green to me?

http://steamspy.com/app/304390

Alustar.
03-10-2017, 09:52 PM
I can make a YouTube video and put graphics over gameplay footage and claim it's fact all I want that doesn't make me any more right. He's a non professional with a laymens understanding. He didn't site any credible sources. Neither have you.

Einherjar25
03-10-2017, 10:00 PM
I can make a YouTube video and put graphics over gameplay footage and claim it's fact all I want that doesn't make me any more right. He's a non professional with a laymens understanding. He didn't site any credible sources. Neither have you.

Their own stock is not credible?

You are literally doing what you're accusing him and US to do. You post link to a bogus website no one knows about while we actually use stock and actual steam charts. Nice try. I would call you a forum troll but you're more of a forum clown.

Alustar.
03-10-2017, 10:02 PM
I linked you to their stock read out not some pixilated graphic with no link to the actual website or article. Check it. I'll wait for the face palm.

Einherjar25
03-10-2017, 10:03 PM
I linked you to their stock read out not some pixilated graphic with no link to the actual website or article. Check it. I'll wait for the face palm.

I understand you can't read graph, which in turns make me wondered why I even argued with you.

Varicose_Veins
03-10-2017, 10:07 PM
The game is indeed really good but by far not, where it could be.

Technical issues are a big problem. Disconnects, errors, failed matches, desynchronises, input lag from hell, frame rate stuttering on xbox...
Mechanics are sometimes not clear or not working properly, guard breaking is still a problem, defensive meta, revenge mode...
Gear is a mess, economy is problematic and cries out for "pay to loot"...
Bots ignore game mechanics and often rely on cheating to win, they are either dumb or god...
It is by far too hard for beginners to play vs. AI and the matchmaker is going to humiliate them in pvp...

The game is great but needs a lot of work.

Don't get me wrong. I am playing it every evening and overall, I am having fun ... but then, the game does something spectacularly evil to me.

This.

And the part that irks most of all is by the time they fix all the essentials that need fixing, a lot of people will have left the game and only a rump of loyalists will remain.

It's always been the way with so many potentially great games.

Ultimately Ubi will suffer because that's a lot of customers who may have stuck around a lot longer and bought skins/gear if the game was more stable and polished on release.

Alustar.
03-10-2017, 10:07 PM
Nice try kid, maybe when you learn what fact checking is and how credible citations of sources are critical for an intellectual debate we can discuss this further, till then enjoy. It's been fun teaching you.

Einherjar25
03-10-2017, 10:11 PM
Nice try kid, maybe when you learn what fact checking is and how credible citations of sources are critical for an intellectual debate we can discuss this further, till then enjoy. It's been fun teaching you.

LoL. You will never amount to anything in life with that attitude. My source are from the original website, not a third party. You sure are "teaching me" considering you did not dismantle my claims at all. *draws white flag*

Alustar.
03-10-2017, 10:19 PM
You are right, I didn't have to though. You did all the leg work for me. Poor attempt at trying to illicit some form an emotional response by saying I'm going nowhere in life, especially since you know nothing about me. Your trolling is as bad as you facts.
You can have your opinion, no matter gs I how poorly conceived it is.
No need to raise a white flag I'm just trying to help you out.

Alustar.
03-10-2017, 10:25 PM

^ your links

So that none

My links.

See the difference in facts?

Einherjar25
03-10-2017, 10:30 PM
You are right, I didn't have to though. You did all the leg work for me. Poor attempt at trying to illicit some form an emotional response by saying I'm going nowhere in life, especially since you know nothing about me. Your trolling is as bad as you facts.
You can have your opinion, no matter gs I how poorly conceived it is.
No need to raise a white flag I'm just trying to help you out.

Sure. Just so you know, the whole steam thing, is a fact, not an opinion but a fact. The FACT that I am throwing at you the numbers that cannnot be contradicted in any shape or form, from Steam's OWN chart, with dates in relation to the article, in a logical cohesive way, which DO shows the numbers DID drop by around 50%, shows that you didn't go check it out. There is absolutly no way you verified what I'm telling you. F*ck the article. Go check the player numbers by yourself because you didn't. Go check the first few days and then check the numbers around the 25 th. Don't take my word for it. GO CHECK IT OUT. Mouse over the line it gives you the exact numbers. I DARE YOU. You know we can argue for hours but at the end of the days 2+2 will always be 4

Vilerin
03-10-2017, 10:43 PM
So according to:

Daily peak of players online dropped from 40k+ to 11k.

Thanks for this site and confirming what I was almost sure has happened.

Einherjar25
03-10-2017, 10:49 PM
So according to:

Daily peak of players online dropped from 40k+ to 11k.

Thanks for this site and confirming what I was almost sure has happened.

Thx

To ALUSTAR24.

Here an eaasy graph for you click the above link and the click on CCU daily.
Once this is this done compare the first 3 blue bar (14-15-16 feb) to the 3 bar of 23-24-25 feb (which is when the article was written.

Doesn't it look oddly like the bars are around 50% in heights? Tsk tsk tsk

For added drame click on CCU hourly.... weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee all the way down.

Captain-Courage
03-10-2017, 10:55 PM
^ your links

You're not even able to quote the right person ....
And all the links I provided converge towards one source, which I also provided, Githyp, thus telling me that you didn't read them.

And I provided a second one with Steamcharts, which was already linked here and I don't know how many times in this forum in other threads.

But it's useless.
You're the kind of person that would keep saying that Earth is flat when launched in space because you only want to see a disc.
Bad faith is a warm and comfy coat when numbers don't tell what one would like to hear.

Alustar.
03-10-2017, 11:03 PM
Funny I don't remember seeing any of what you guys claim from any of that. I saw peaks and valleys, but nothing that resembles a 50% dip in player activity. But oh well.
Plus I'd like to know how steam players dropping off at all is indicative of the general player base dwindling. Steam players do not account for the majority of players.

Additionally, You can argue player numbers all you want, that doesn't mean a game is failing. Dips in activity are natural. It was even mentioned in that review you keep going on about that simply looking at player traffic is not the sole valid argument for a games success rating.

Alustar.
03-10-2017, 11:09 PM
You're not even able to quote the right person ....
And all the links I provided converge towards one source, which I also provided, Githyp, thus telling me that you didn't read them.

And I provided a second one with Steamcharts, which was already linked here and I don't know how many times in this forum in other threads.

But it's useless.
You're the kind of person that would keep saying that Earth is flat when launched in space because you only want to see a disc.
Bad faith is a warm and comfy coat when numbers don't tell what one would like to hear.

Linking multiple reviews that state the exact same thing, that only reference each other in their fact finding is not valid. All those articles looked like they were copy/pasted from each other. And honestly the only time I have seen anything from those articles is when they used to come across my Facebook feed. If like to take then seriously, but I can't. Not and still cask myself a rational, critically thinking human being.

But here, I tell you what. You guys can keep arguing over this all you want. I'm going to go play my bad *** game and enjoy my well earned weekend with a beer to chase down your salty tears.

Einherjar25
03-10-2017, 11:22 PM
Funny I don't remember seeing any of what you guys claim from any of that. I saw peaks and valleys, but nothing that resembles a 50% dip in player activity. But oh well.
Plus I'd like to know how steam players dropping off at all is indicative of the general player base dwindling. Steam players do not account for the majority of players.

Additionally, You can argue player numbers all you want, that doesn't mean a game is failing. Dips in activity are natural. It was even mentioned in that review you keep going on about that simply looking at player traffic is not the sole valid argument for a games success rating.

This was always about steam numbers. I have specified this. No one ever claimed otherwise and I never talked about other platforms. Again, go take a look at steam's own chart. It's all there ,you don't have to take my word for it. It's true that, a 50% drop on steam, doesn't mean the game is failling, you are asbolutly right about that. But there is a correlation between steam and every other platform. It's hard to say because we don't have any relaible date, unlike steam, but a 50% drop in steam surely means it droped on other platform too. By how much thought? We can't know but, base on the 50% from Steam, it would be hard to believe it's only 10% on one platform but a whopping 50% on another..... The number should somewhat be close to 50% too. It's only logical. There is no reason to believe that steam users just drop their games easier then on other platforms.

If for some reason you don't see that the steam players drop by 50% from release to around the 25th, then there is a very simple explanatio for this. You just don't know how to read the chart (..and this isn't meant as an insult). Ask a friend that knows how and I guarantee you he will tell you the same thing. It droped by 50%.

Captain-Courage
03-10-2017, 11:29 PM
I'm only talking about Pc users since the beginning and steam is the majority of PC users (link already provided)

I also provided you steamcharts, conveniently ignored.
And no, the fall in numbers is not quite good, even more when it don't start very high for a release after a beta with a huge amount of players. 50 % (the number I mentionned in my first post) is a lot in such a short period.

For your rambling about news sites. Yes that's exactly what news are. OMG they all say the exact same stuff !
Maybe because that happened and that's their job to relate such things ?

enjoy my well earned weekend with a beer to chase down your salty tears.

I don't care about what you do on your weekends. How is it relevant to the subject discussed here ?
And you are talking about credibility ?

Turric4n666
03-11-2017, 12:19 PM
People still comparing the peak at release to the average now? talk about reading statistics..

FledgeSRondo
03-11-2017, 07:20 PM
Somebody who actually works in the stock market might be better poised to comment on and clarify this, but isn't it normal for stocks to dip after a major product release? As in, investors bought in when the value was lower, and after reaching a height following product release then sell off shares to maximize income? TBH that video seemed inherently speculative to me despite its "academic" airs, and given the reviewers conspicuously sour attitude potentially compromised by motivated reasoning as opposed to dispassionate, expert objectivity.

Then again, the interpretation may be correct, I'm not a broker by any account. Anyone with market knowledge here?

Einherjar25
03-11-2017, 08:03 PM
Somebody who actually works in the stock market might be better poised to comment on and clarify this, but isn't it normal for stocks to dip after a major product release? As in, investors bought in when the value was lower, and after reaching a height following product release then sell off shares to maximize income? TBH that video seemed inherently speculative to me despite its "academic" airs, and given the reviewers conspicuously sour attitude potentially compromised by motivated reasoning as opposed to dispassionate, expert objectivity.

Then again, the interpretation may be correct, I'm not a broker by any account. Anyone with market knowledge here?

As far as the stockmarket goes, you are right. I am not a professional and I won't categorically argue on what the numbers means.

lNogardl
03-11-2017, 08:10 PM
As much as i love this game i'm tired of being tilted over being dced. Yesterday i couldnt play and today the same thing, 6 games and 5 of them i disconnected. and the only one i didnt dc i had to deal with the character i tilt the most over, nobushi, **** this game wants me to stop playing it.

Einherjar25
03-11-2017, 08:12 PM
People still comparing the peak at release to the average now? talk about reading statistics..

On the first 2 day, that is 14th and 15th, the players were around 30 000 - 45 000.

The first week end, 17th Feb : again, around 30 000 - 45 000 players.

Second weekend: 20 000 - 25 000

and now skippping to last weekend (current) : around 6 000 - 12 000 players

This game is a failure and a thief. Give me back my 60$ buck you charlatans. Additionally, last patch completly f*cked my framerate

From initial weekend to current week end there's a 60-80% decrease in avg. But I guess this isn't fair? Obviously the game is played way more at release right? Let's take more logical numbers.

From second weekend to current: 50-60% decreased. Sure, this game is doing well. Keep telling yourself that. To say this game is a disaster is an understatement.

DrExtrem
03-11-2017, 08:36 PM
A really successful game has an increasing (or at least stagnating) and not decreasing player base.

Turric4n666
03-12-2017, 02:41 AM
A really successful game has an increasing (or at least stagnating) and not decreasing player base.

a really successful game also has not mindbending bad game design choices ;)
After Evolve i can reliably recognize how long i can have fun with a game. For Honor falls in the category of around some month to half a year (predicted). Itīs surely nothing forever.

Harry_S._Houle
03-12-2017, 04:36 AM
i like the game and i ve tons of fun with it. Maybe 1 or 2 disconnects per day but thats fine ;)
It only needs more balancing but hey its still time and such a new format cant be done balanced in the first weeks :) Cant wait for more

Varangian_Wolf
03-12-2017, 04:41 AM
LOL this GUY!
YO DUDE, YOU WORK FOR UBI RIGHT? CUZ LITERALLY NO ONE IS LISTENING TO YOUR HORSE****!

THIS GAME IS SO FULL OF CRAP ITS UNBELIEVABLE!

IN ONE WEEK ON STEAM THEY HAVE TRENED UPWARD ONE THOUSAND NEGATIVE VOTES ON THE GAME!!!

THE REASON NO ONE IS TELLING UBISOFT THANK YOU FOR THIS TURD OF A RELEASE IS BECAUSE ITS GOD AWFUL. GET SOME STANDARDS SON!

Varangian_Wolf
03-12-2017, 04:43 AM
So her is the link : http://store.steampowered.com/app/30...p_reviews_hash

GO ON AND CHECK IT OUT!

Positive Reviews as tonight: 7527
Negative Reviews as of tonight: 6988

Here are just THREE of the reviews you will see by opening up the page ubisoft:

"The player base is dwindling fast. This game was awesome for the frist few hours then "connection error". Don't waste your time and money."

"*fifteenth attempt at completing a game, finally about to kill the last guy* A connection error has occured. Returning to main menu. *breaks down crying*"

"Takes for ever to get in matchs I am getting a refund"

I am starting to wonder if UBI is making employees make fake accounts just to post something good. Cuz posts like this MAKE NO SENSE.

If I pulled laziness like this at my job, ID BE FIRED.
THESE DEVS SHOULD BE FIRED AND THEY SHOULD BE FORCED TO SEE A LEAN CHRISTMAS THIS YEAR. MAYBE THEN THEY WILL WANT TO GET THEIR HEAD OUT THERE ASSES.

Harry_S._Houle
03-12-2017, 04:47 AM
No i dont work for ubisoft and yes i can write that i ve tons of fun. I play it every day with friends and its great. I dont give a single **** about trending or what others say as long i ve fun with it.
And thats the only reason i play games because games are fun right ? i dont **** my pants every day and sit on forums because i dont like something. When i get bored i move on to another game.
Life is not that hard for a gamer today :)