PDA

View Full Version : So lets talk about these top of the line servers (╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

swellingranger
03-09-2017, 10:35 PM
idk who at Ubisoft decided to make the servers undedicated....but I think they should be fired lol. I don't have the best internet connection, so attempting to connect to the host...mid match keeps getting me thrown off ledges. this issue needs to be resolved soon. its ruining the entire game

Turric4n666
03-09-2017, 10:38 PM
Probably the CEO. Bad CEO!

Einherjar25
03-09-2017, 11:19 PM
idk who at Ubisoft decided to make the servers undedicated....but I think they should be fired lol. I don't have the best internet connection, so attempting to connect to the host...mid match keeps getting me thrown off ledges. this issue needs to be resolved soon. its ruining the entire game

It's all about money NO MATTER what they say. In their lastest stream they claim dedicated server aren't they answer. Bold face lie. This statement can only be considered true by the mere fact that they already coded the game in a P2P environment. Removingthe code, building a entirely new one, and PAYING for servers would be waaayyy to costly. Having a core server that host and manages game (which would eliminate desync) was the answer from the start. But no, profit profit profit heh??? This is this mentally that makes them release game that can't break the 80 metascore barrier VS company like Blizzard which releases online games often surpassing 85-90 metascore. Numbers do not lie.

GayForShugoki
03-09-2017, 11:44 PM
It's all about money NO MATTER what they say. In their lastest stream they claim dedicated server aren't they answer. Bold face lie. This statement can only be considered true by the mere fact that they already coded the game in a P2P environment. Removingthe code, building a entirely new one, and PAYING for servers would be waaayyy to costly. Having a core server that host and manages game (which would eliminate desync) was the answer from the start. But no, profit profit profit heh??? This is this mentally that makes them release game that can't break the 80 metascore barrier VS company like Blizzard which releases online games often surpassing 85-90 metascore. Numbers do not lie.

Using metascore as a base for your arguement is as ignorant as thinking that dedicated servers would be better than using a system designed for fighting games. Peer-to-Peer will always be better for reaction based games. For some people ping could double or triple with a dedicated server. The issue is ragequitters. You find that most people DC after the host ragequits. I'm sure Ubisoft are working on it, but people need to quit crying over somethigng that already has hundreds of threads from ignorant people on the subject.

Einherjar25
03-10-2017, 12:14 AM
Using metascore as a base for your arguement is as ignorant as thinking that dedicated servers would be better than using a system designed for fighting games. Peer-to-Peer will always be better for reaction based games. For some people ping could double or triple with a dedicated server. The issue is ragequitters. You find that most people DC after the host ragequits. I'm sure Ubisoft are working on it, but people need to quit crying over somethigng that already has hundreds of threads from ignorant people on the subject.

Sure, metascore is an average of all reviews from profesionnal website (excluding public score) and does have weight. Saying otherwise makes YOU ignorant. Obviously this doesn't mean everything but it does have weight.

Regarding servers. So the problem are the players? Sure, just blame the players. Why are they so many ragequiters? Why is this a serious issue now in For honor but not other games? I mean, surely there is ragequiters in other games too. That's ONE THING. You say P2P is the best for "reaction base game". Why does every Battlefield game have dedicated servers then?(and most FPS). I mean in these type of game you die WAY faster then For honor and reactions time is absolutly important. And I'm ignorant? Sure if you say so.

Oh and fun fact. I just played the BF1 trial on DEDICATED SERVERs for the past 3 days and have not had ONE ISSUE with lag and reaction time Your argument is pure BS. You must be a Ubisoft employee.

HerrMozart
03-10-2017, 01:22 AM

They said they are keeping the p2p system because dedicated servers aren't the answer??? Welp, I guess I can pretty much write off any possibility of buying this game unless they somehow make p2p decent... Which I don't think is possible.

Einherjar25
03-10-2017, 01:25 AM
They said they are keeping the p2p system because dedicated servers aren't the answer??? Welp, I guess I can pretty much write off any possibility of buying this game unless they somehow make p2p decent... Which I don't think is possible.

YEs, if you look at their last livestream that is what they said. Nice pic btw

UbiNoty
03-10-2017, 01:30 AM
Sure, metascore is an average of all reviews from profesionnal website (excluding public score) and does have weight. Saying otherwise makes YOU ignorant. Obviously this doesn't mean everything but it does have weight.

Regarding servers. So the problem are the players? Sure, just blame the players. Why are they so many ragequiters? Why is this a serious issue now in For honor but not other games? I mean, surely there is ragequiters in other games too. That's ONE THING. You say P2P is the best for "reaction base game". Why does every Battlefield game have dedicated servers then?(and most FPS). I mean in these type of game you die WAY faster then For honor and reactions time is absolutly important. And I'm ignorant? Sure if you say so.

Oh and fun fact. I just played the BF1 trial on DEDICATED SERVERs for the past 3 days and have not had ONE ISSUE with lag and reaction time Your argument is pure BS. You must be a Ubisoft employee.

While I won't take any offense even though I can see your last sentence was meant as an insult...this is a gentle reminder that we while we encourage all kinds of discussion, debate and feedback on our forums - we do ask that you treat each other with civility and respect. Everyone is welcome to their own opinions and we do want to hear what you all have to say, but please make sure you do so in a constructive manner.

Vilerin
03-10-2017, 01:40 AM
I know that this is little out of context but could not hold myself:

Guy A: You must be Ubisoft Employee.

Ubisoft Community representative: we do ask that you treat each other with civility and respect.

Sorry for everybody who may find this offensive. I respect most Ubisoft employees aside from few guys who made crucial decisions about this game (I do not mean this terrible P2P) and Ubisoft as a company.

Einherjar25
03-10-2017, 02:08 AM
While I won't take any offense even though I can see your last sentence was meant as an insult...this is a gentle reminder that we while we encourage all kinds of discussion, debate and feedback on our forums - we do ask that you treat each other with civility and respect. Everyone is welcome to their own opinions and we do want to hear what you all have to say, but please make sure you do so in a constructive manner.

I understand. It's hard to keep your cool when you feel like you just lost 60$. I am not justifying, just explaining. On a side note, my last sentence was literally only meant to prove that P2P is not the best way for reaction base game. There is plenty of game out there that are reaction based that have dedicated servers and function really well. Defending the P2P system gives the impression the player is a Ubisoft employee defending the company's honor. No pun intended.

Einherjar25
03-10-2017, 02:11 AM
I know that this is little out of context but could not hold myself:

Guy A: You must be Ubisoft Employee.

Ubisoft Community representative: we do ask that you treat each other with civility and respect.

Sorry for everybody who may find this offensive. I respect most Ubisoft employees aside from few guys who made crucial decisions about this game (I do not mean this terrible P2P) and Ubisoft as a company.

That one OTHER thing, Even if they fix the P2P to perfection they are other crucial thing so terribly wrong in the game's fighting system/enviroment. For the most part, the core ideas of the fighting system is just absolutly amazing BUT.... yes, there is a BUT, a few things here and there completly screws it's "magic".

GregoryMcFlint
03-10-2017, 02:44 AM

Did you remember to change your calendar after December 31st, 2003?

Because I heard the newly launched XBL is a smash hit and P2P is the wave of the future.

Einherjar25
03-10-2017, 02:52 AM
Did you remember to change your calendar after December 31st, 2003?

Because I heard the newly launched XBL is a smash hit and P2P is the wave of the future.

I'm sorry but this is hilarious.