PDA

View Full Version : Weapon Upgrades are not unlocking when collected

CPT_Joe_Ramirez
03-09-2017, 09:41 PM
Plateform: Xbox One
Network: Solo Play

Hey guys, during solo play through provinces, finding and collecting weapon upgrades are not unlocking.
This has happened twice over the course of three different sessions.
I have not been able to narrow down when it happens as it just seems to start at random. :confused:

Occurrence Rate: 2/3

Solrakt
03-10-2017, 02:03 PM
Same problem here. The icon is gone and I didn't get any notification for collecting the weapon upgrade.

Sonic Bubbles
03-10-2017, 04:07 PM
Yeah I think I've had this a few times too. An existing bug since both beta stages.

BaneSixEcho
03-10-2017, 04:12 PM
Some weapon parts are weapon- or caliber-specific, and unfortunately the icon on the map doesn't tell you that.

For example: If you're using a P416 assault rifle (5.56 ammunition), and pick up an extended magazine mod for 7.62 ammunition you won't be able to fit it to your P416. But if you scroll down the list of assault rifles in the Gunsmith you'll see "new part" on 7.62 rifle magazine slots.

JimL2112
03-10-2017, 05:27 PM
BaneSixEcho: I'm not sure it's all that simple.

In my case, I opened a weapon Accessory Case in Paraiso Agua Verde which contained
"Assault Rifle Extended Magazine 30 round capacity" for "9x39".

I scroll through the entire list of locked/unlocked assault rifles, none show "New Part" in orange under magazine.
So I'm saying I don't think I was able to unlock the advertised given item.

What Assault Rifle fires 9mm ammo anyway?

UPDATE: BaneEchoSix was right :) The mag fits the SR3M Assault Rifle, found in a crate at P.N. de Agua Verde / Alicia Town

Yuuki.Co
03-13-2017, 12:23 AM
I've gone through every area and collected all attachments and weapons and somehow I'm still missing some stocks for a few of my assault rifles and LMG's. All other attachments are present though.

STAGGA22
03-13-2017, 09:55 AM
This has happened to me in the area of P.N. De Agua Verde on the island just east of the safe house Agua Verde Alpha. Picked up the weapon mod and nothing.

BRAINFRIER66
03-13-2017, 10:04 AM
They are investigating this issue and it should be fixed hopefully with the next patch and i have the same issue with the folding stock for the assault rifles.I did pick the part up and when it popped up saying press the back button the old 360 can't remember what the button is cancelled. I pressed it to view the attachment and it showed as locked nothing else. When you look at your unlocked guns and look at the parts it will tell you which province to look for them in. If the part just says locked it means you have collected it and it's glitched out.

FilipinoFinesse
03-13-2017, 11:26 AM
I'm also having the same issue. With the mk17 assault rifle folded stock not unlocking when the proper accessory case is opened. I have a case with support and they are currently working on the issue. I'll keep you posted.

GeneralPDA
03-13-2017, 01:56 PM
same here, already unlock 2 extended magazines for assault rifles and cant equip them on nothing, I already have 5 or 6 rifles

same for sniper extended magazine, I already have p405, mk14 , hti and msr and cant equip new magazine on nothing.

BGOd42
07-25-2018, 11:02 AM
I've finished the game and unlocked almost all of the attachments so I'm sure if I had the 30 round mag or not. I did have it for both stanag and pmag 5.56mmx45. I lost it after the rainbow six update. Sucks that it is still not fixed until now. I actually thought the game was awesome and never believed it to have a lot of bugs until now.

UbiGabrinth
07-26-2018, 12:27 AM
Please note that this is an extremely old thread. The issue you are experiencing may be similar. We are investigating issues with weapon attachments locking after the latest patch.

LucidDreamer669
08-02-2018, 09:13 AM
Please note that this is an extremely old thread. The issue you are experiencing may be similar. We are investigating issues with weapon attachments locking after the latest patch.

I have unlocked every attachment in the game a few months back and had since then put down Wildlands but came back recently because of the Rainbow Six mission. But now the gunsmith says I have not unlocked the 20 round 7.62x51 mag but I have 100% of attachments unlocked. Is this a new bug?

UbiGabrinth
08-02-2018, 07:49 PM
Yes, this is a new bug that is being looked into. Weapon attachments that have been unlocked are locking again, and the game considers you to have found the attachment, so there is no way to go and retrieve it at this time.

danhouston84
08-03-2018, 12:10 AM
I am also having this issue

VonKnispel
08-26-2018, 07:05 PM
Yeah... I just started a new game and I'm also getting this bug... I didn't seems to have it in Ghost Mode though... But I stopped playing that after I was killed by two separate bugs...

Would be nice to have this sorted... As this is the first thing I do before the main story... Collecting parts...

Oops... just noticed this was for XBOX... Same bug on PC...