PDA

View Full Version : How do i counter Nobushi as Lawbringer?

NetcodeFavorite
03-09-2017, 10:28 AM
I've chosen Lawbringer as my main, gotten him to above rep 1 now. When i face Nobushi, i just don't know wtf im supposed to do to win. I can parry her heavies but she flies 5m away so my only option is to follow up with a light that deals very low dmg. But trying to parry her quick attacks is close to impossible. She attacks so fast and every 3rd hit is guaranteed and if she does a kick after you've gotten hit, i can't dodge it because the recovery time is far to long. I spam dodge after a hit to avoid her kick but i never dodge it, i get hit by it everytime which she then follow up with a guaranteed bleed.

I really wanna know how to defeat her and google or youtube offers no guide at all how to do so. So if anyone is willing to, plz explain because i wanna be able to counter her. The only time im able to dmg her is if i parry heavy into light, or try to do some unpredictable side or top light attack. No point in pushing or trying to flip her over, they dodge all that like its nothing at all.

Zv1k0
03-09-2017, 10:33 AM
Sorry i cant give you any advice on LB but one thing im 100% sure is you can dodge kick every time after her attack.

lollob93
03-09-2017, 10:37 AM
If you parry a light attack then Blind Justice ( top heavy unblockable ) is guaranteed. If you do this twice and manage do do a gb into side heavy, then this should be enough to kill a nobushi. Dodge the kick, often they will go for the light anyway, be prepared to parry That. If you see that they won't go for a light after you dodge the kick punish her with a top light, it's fast enough so that you won't get parried

Extropy
03-09-2017, 10:41 AM
As a lawbringer you counter nobushi the same way you counter every other class - parry, parry parry PARRY and then parry some more. If you can't parry light attacks with one hand while drunk you probably shouldn't be playing lawbringer tbh.

Felis_Menari
03-09-2017, 10:51 AM
The best thing you can do is parry her light attacks; that guarantees a Blind Justice hit. If she throws a heavy, parry and throw a light riposte, and chain into a combo if you feel confident enough. Don't forget that sometimes Long Arm may be unexpected. A heavy vertical hit followed by Long Arm seems do completely drain an opponent's stamina, at least in brawls and duels.

Turric4n666
03-09-2017, 11:06 AM
I never parry nobushi. I just close the distance with blocks wait a bit until they get desperate and then go into attack mode with Feints and shield bashes. Works surprisingly well.

Steak0815
03-09-2017, 11:10 AM
Learn how Nobushi's initiate, it's usually with a light attack and in most cases even a top light attack.
Work on parrying said attack and answer with Blind Justice.
Parrying Nobushi's light attacks isn't that hard tbh if you know to anticipate them.
You want to parry the first attack mostly.

Otherwise make sure a Nobushi doesn't get her second hit on you.

CoyoteXStarrk
03-09-2017, 11:11 AM
You basically don't. You hope you get lucky and that she makes a mistake.

She is a straight counter to everything the LB does.

Sorry :(

NetcodeFavorite
03-09-2017, 11:39 AM
Thanks for all the replies and help. I'll try use what i've learned. But its very difficult to anticipate where she attacks first. She has 3 different places to strike and most of the time if i have guard on right side, she strikes left, before i manage to move it to the left and even parry, she already hits me. Idk if im to slow or what it is, but she chains her combos up so fast and easily.

Also, if i parry a light and do Blind justice, can't she just dodge it or parry? or is it confirmed to hit 100% if u parry light?

Edit: also, how do i ever GB nobushi? After parry its impossible, she steps back like 5-10m so its to far away to GB. The nobushi i face never dodge, they use hidden stance if they need to, unless i use an unblockable, but i can't follow anything up without her just blocking it or parry even. So should i just sit and wait for her attacks and answere back with punishment or should i ever initiate anything myself?

Felis_Menari
03-09-2017, 11:41 AM
You basically don't. You hope you get lucky and that she makes a mistake.

She is a straight counter to everything the LB does.

Sorry :(

Lol, nope. I had initial trouble against Nobushi, but not so much anymore. Now Peacekeeper and Valkyrie...those, I have a problem with.

NetcodeFavorite
03-09-2017, 11:51 AM
Lol, nope. I had initial trouble against Nobushi, but not so much anymore. Now Peacekeeper and Valkyrie...those, I have a problem with.

I funnily enough, do not have issues myself with Pk. Shes usually for me atleast, obvious where she hits and she feels alot slower than Nobushi when she hits. Maybe its the animation tricking me.