PDA

View Full Version : Wont buy another ubisoft game again.

truecoins
03-09-2017, 10:03 AM
Ubisoft have some great game ideas, but terrible at executing them. For Honor and The Division for example.

But this games online really takes the cake. And is one of the worst i played!! Tonight i played 9 games only 2 of which arent disconnects. Do you not see this as an immediate problem!? NM the terrible gear balance with revenge stat....but i'd atleast like to play the game!

This was a pretty hyped game imo and i heard how bad the connections were in the beta but i chalked it up to kinks that will be better on day 1. Boy was i wrong!! For a big new IP i cannot fathom how Ubisoft decided not to go with servers to make sure this game would have growth! It's as if they wanted to spend as little as possible and hope people would ignore all it's flaws. Instead we get a crummy p2p connection that is constantly syncing hosts who leave and dropping players all together!! I'm certain the connections alone turned off a large number of players! Like did you not care about turning people off by the lack of servers?

Congratulations Ubisoft you tried to make a quick buck and not spend money on a proper netcode and servers and lost a long term client.

MaxeliusAD
03-09-2017, 10:26 AM
Ubisoft won't invest in any servers. They just don't need it. They make ****y game, they earn some fast money with AAA price of this game. Then, all buyers and playerbase can just **** off. And you right, i'll buy no more ****ing ubisoft **** in future. Ubisoft becomes like Indy developer with such quality of their project but with AAA price...

droledianTR
03-09-2017, 10:39 AM
This is my first and last game from ubisoft.

truecoins
03-09-2017, 10:45 PM
You want the next big thing then don't be cheap! You have to make a great impression and make sure an "online" centric game runs flawlessly. He'll the fgc and other e-sports players were hoping to make this a nice e-sports game...but i guess that ship sailed with lack of servers and dying community.

Heck why is the season pass 39.99? That's the price of a small game, almost the price of this game and it only offers early access and some cheap cosmetics?? Are you serious?

Also it's nice of you at UBISOFT to not let people play singleplayer campaign when the servers are offline.

Way to tighten the wallets over at UBISOFT>

Vilerin
03-09-2017, 10:50 PM
Not you only made such decision. For me Tekken 7 is incoming- this guys at least have respect to their own community.

Sandpit77
03-09-2017, 11:11 PM
Same here. I will never buy or support another Ubisoft product at this point. This game is broken and unplayable (as in I literally cannot play the game) and they refuse to offer refunds. Until I am refunded the cost of this game and (since I've now spent well over 6 hours going back and forth with customer service, waiting in queue for a rep, going through their troubleshooting suggestions, etc.) an apology for attempting to put the onus on me as a customer instead of stepping up to fix the situation and take the blame for their poor decision making and design flaws.

truecoins
03-10-2017, 10:24 PM
Not exaggerating, last 20 games i try to play around about 15 of them were disconnects.

Wouldn't be an issue if people didnt leave games tho right Ubisoft? Lol.

Also, it happens when 1 person leaves not the "chain reaction overload thingy"

AveImperator85
03-10-2017, 10:25 PM
P2P is an issue, yes, nobody is disputing that (except Ubi) but there are plenty of people enjoying this game just fine, tyvm.

Vilerin
03-10-2017, 10:31 PM
P2P is an issue, yes, nobody is disputing that (except Ubi) but there are plenty of people enjoying this game just fine, tyvm.

PPL may enjoy it but with droping playerbase Ubisoft will not waste money to develop it as fast as it is needed and even these ppl will be at some point on verge of leaving.

AveImperator85
03-10-2017, 10:44 PM
PPL may enjoy it but with droping playerbase Ubisoft will not waste money to develop it as fast as it is needed and even these ppl will be at some point on verge of leaving.

People are not abandoning ship in such droves as the doomsayers are claiming. A drop in numbers is normal around this time because of a several factors. First off, the "new shiny" is wearing off for the people who picked up For Honor as an impulse buy. Most people nowadays have the attention span of a minnow, so a new game only holds their attention for about a month or so, so we're right on schedule for these people to start dropping off.

Secondly, we live in this bizarre age where shoddy development has unfortunately been accepted as the norm (everybody "knows" to expect a game to be riddled with bugs on launch, regardless of the developer/platform/etc) and yet also the age of instant gratification where nobody is willing to wait for the fixes to come down the pipe. No PvP game was ever released with perfect balance. Hell, there are games that have been out for YEARS that still aren't balanced. As for bugs, programming is HARD. There are literally millions of lines of code and the problem may be as simple as a single decimal point in the wrong place. FINDING it is a ******* nightmare. Give them time to do their work, guys. Rome wasn't built in a day and labor of ANY kind takes time.

Third, Ubisoft has a bad track record. This is no secret, but I think they're well aware that they are on thin ice with their playerbase. For Honor was shaping up to turn things around, but their decision to use P2P...I don't know why they thought that was a wise gamble, so I agree on that point. They really dropped the ball there. Point is, I think Ubi knows they don't have a good rep and are trying to fix it.

Fourth, there are ALWAYS going to be ragers and haters. You could have the most perfect game in existence and there would still be people *****ing about one thing or another and leaving overly dramatic "I'm quitting and never buying from you again!" posts.

Point is, it's normal for a drop in numbers about a month after launch. Children will leave, ragers will leave, whiners will leave, there will be a dip, fixes will come, the playerbase will remain steady and then grow (or fall) from there. The sky is not falling just yet.

Pope138
03-10-2017, 10:48 PM

People said the same thing about Halo 2.

Vilerin
03-10-2017, 10:53 PM
People are not abandoning ship in such droves as the doomsayers are claiming. A drop in numbers is normal around this time because of a several factors. First off, the "new shiny" is wearing off for the people who picked up For Honor as an impulse buy. Most people nowadays have the attention span of a minnow, so a new game only holds their attention for about a month or so, so we're right on schedule for these people to start dropping off.

Secondly, we live in this bizarre age where shoddy development has unfortunately been accepted as the norm (everybody "knows" to expect a game to be riddled with bugs on launch, regardless of the developer/platform/etc) and yet also the age of instant gratification where nobody is willing to wait for the fixes to come down the pipe. No PvP game was ever released with perfect balance. Hell, there are games that have been out for YEARS that still aren't balanced. As for bugs, programming is HARD. There are literally millions of lines of code and the problem may be as simple as a single decimal point in the wrong place. FINDING it is a ******* nightmare. Give them time to do their work, guys. Rome wasn't built in a day and labor of ANY kind takes time.

Third, Ubisoft has a bad track record. This is no secret, but I think they're well aware that they are on thin ice with their playerbase. For Honor was shaping up to turn things around, but their decision to use P2P...I don't know why they thought that was a wise gamble, so I agree on that point. They really dropped the ball there. Point is, I think Ubi knows they don't have a good rep and are trying to fix it.

Fourth, there are ALWAYS going to be ragers and haters. You could have the most perfect game in existence and there would still be people *****ing about one thing or another and leaving overly dramatic "I'm quitting and never buying from you again!" posts.

Point is, it's normal for a drop in numbers about a month after launch. Children will leave, ragers will leave, whiners will leave, there will be a dip, fixes will come, the playerbase will remain steady and then grow (or fall) from there. The sky is not falling just yet.

Hi again Avelmperator85.

I will be honest, this post of yours was too long and considering your previous posts hardly having anything interesting to read + too much **** so I assume there is huge lake of tears inside. (haven't even touched it)

Just wanted to share one fact with you:
http://steamspy.com/app/304390 and check CCU Dialy
In my opinion this game lost 75% playerbase at the moment. I understand that losing 50% is normal for some titles after lunch but 75%...
At this point Ubi will hardly pump money and resources to heal this game and I would not expect any drastic changes.

According to the site that is just based on steam charts this game had around 44k on 3rd day after launch, so total (with uplay) it was 80-100k as the game was showing that time. Now I guess it is 20-25k.

Do not have access to console charts but considering there are almost no fresh games it is for sure doing better there. All the hope in consoles.

Vilerin
03-10-2017, 10:55 PM
People said the same thing about Halo 2.

Halo was well received and mistakes with sequel happen quite often, ppl can turn blind eye on it (like they do on Assassins Creed).
Halo is also title that Microsoft will never let die - this is extra selling point to their console and they will pump all money necessary to improve it.

AveImperator85
03-10-2017, 10:57 PM
Steam is one of the dumbest communities of the PC playerbase anyway. You're basically claiming Steam reviews are the be-all, end-all of a title. Any gamer worth their salt knows Steam reviews are a joke. Also, that ONLY counts the metrics for people who play For Honor on PC on Steam, which I'm willing to bet wasn't a huge number to begin with. Go back and actually read my post. It offers a lot more reason and logic than yours does.

I'm gonna call you Chicken Little from here forward. :)

Vilerin
03-10-2017, 10:59 PM
Steam is one of the dumbest communities of the PC playerbase anyway. You're basically claiming Steam reviews are the be-all, end-all of a title. Any gamer worth their salt knows Steam reviews are a joke. Also, that ONLY counts the metrics for people who play For Honor on PC on Steam, which I'm willing to bet wasn't a huge number to begin with. Go back and actually read my post. It offers a lot more reason and logic than yours does.

I'm gonna call you Chicken Little from here forward. :)

I haven't said a word about steam reviews but players online... Did you respond to post from parallel universe?

m3gas_
03-10-2017, 10:59 PM
Yup, at this point Ubi has to REALLY impress me to ever get a dime from me again...
With each passing day I notice more and more that I log into the game just to get my money's worth of playtime before I leave it until it gets massively fixed or dies out completely. I just don't enjoy For Honor anymore even tho I really really tried to defend it. Like it's almost a month after reliase and they finally decide to roll out a patch. And guess what - it's pretty much new ornaments and effects...
Now I have to say that the community with this "It may be 4v4 but we all duel 1v1 or the ragequits are comming" or "Sure, we'll let you try us one by one if it's 1v3 or 1v4, but we'll just revive our teammates if you actually start winning" thing has become a big part of me forcing myself to play nowadays, but still it's mostly Ubi's fault. Community can be ignored - glaring holes in the game cannot!!

Munktor
03-10-2017, 11:00 PM
blah blah blah, I want answers now but don't read any of the announcements or watch streams, blah blah blah, I quit.

Pope138
Halo was well received and mistakes with sequel happen quite often, ppl can turn blind eye on it (like they do on Assassins Creed).
Halo is also title that Microsoft will never let die - this is extra selling point to their console and they will pump all money necessary to improve it.

Halo2sucks.com anyone?

Point is, the population decline scare is a common thread for all games. I've heard for so many games that are still going strong that it has become meaningless.
I ain't scurred.

XORaptor0
I think I'll put Ubisoft on my do not buy list as well.

This was my first experience with Ubisoft, and it wasn't a good one. Hopefully in the future another company will make a similar game, but better.

Munktor
03-10-2017, 11:01 PM
Do not have access to console charts but considering there are almost no fresh games it is for sure doing better there. All the hope in consoles.

No fresh games on console???

hahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahaha ha

Vilerin
03-10-2017, 11:02 PM
blah blah blah, I want answers now but don't read any of the announcements or watch streams, blah blah blah, I quit.

Please point something that they said on steam or announcement that will be fixed and "how". And I mean by it real deal not some minor fixes.

AveImperator85
03-10-2017, 11:03 PM
I haven't said a word about steam reviews but players online... Did you respond to post from parallel universe?

Oh Chicken Little, you sweet thing. You're either deliberately being obtuse you truly failed to grasp my point. Steam metrics, much like Steam reviews, don't mean ****.

Also, way to completely ignore everything else I've said and hone in on one, petty little nitpick. :)

Winsome111
03-10-2017, 11:05 PM
Hi again Avelmperator85.

I will be honest, this post of yours was too long and considering your previous posts hardly having anything interesting to read + too much **** so I assume there is huge lake of tears inside. (haven't even touched it)

Just wanted to share one fact with you:
http://steamspy.com/app/304390 and check CCU Dialy
In my opinion this game lost 75% playerbase at the moment. I understand that losing 50% is normal for some titles after lunch but 75%...
At this point Ubi will hardly pump money and resources to heal this game and I would not expect any drastic changes.

According to the site that is just based on steam charts this game had around 44k on 3rd day after launch, so total (with uplay) it was 80-100k as the game was showing that time. Now I guess it is 20-25k.

On the PS4 at launch there was around 120k players at peak. Now at peak there is around 95k. That's what around 25%? Still very strong numbers almost a month in.

Vilerin
03-10-2017, 11:05 PM
No fresh games on console???

hahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahaha ha

Can you help me and point 7 games of 2017 worth playing on console at the moment? (please stick to 1 platform) - I am not up to date with consoles.

Winsome111
03-10-2017, 11:08 PM
Can you help me and point 7 games of 2017 worth playing on console at the moment? (please stick to 1 platform) - I am not up to date with consoles.

Excluding for honor. Horizon, yakuza 0, resident evil, noob,

FiveWhisper1745
03-10-2017, 11:09 PM
Ubisoft have some great game ideas, but terrible at executing them. For Honor and The Division for example.

But this games online really takes the cake. And is one of the worst i played!! Tonight i played 9 games only 2 of which arent disconnects. Do you not see this as an immediate problem!? NM the terrible gear balance with revenge stat....but i'd atleast like to play the game!

This was a pretty hyped game imo and i heard how bad the connections were in the beta but i chalked it up to kinks that will be better on day 1. Boy was i wrong!! For a big new IP i cannot fathom how Ubisoft decided not to go with servers to make sure this game would have growth! It's as if they wanted to spend as little as possible and hope people would ignore all it's flaws. Instead we get a crummy p2p connection that is constantly syncing hosts who leave and dropping players all together!! I'm certain the connections alone turned off a large number of players! Like did you not care about turning people off by the lack of servers?

Congratulations Ubisoft you tried to make a quick buck and not spend money on a proper netcode and servers and lost a long term client.

You got a legitimate gripe bro and it's unfortunate it cost anywhere from 120$-200$( The division, For Honor) to learn this lesson. I'm not going to go as far as you and say I won't buy another ubi game again though. They have definitely earned the no way will I preorder another game list for me. And no more purchasing digital copy list for me too. Hard copies can at least be traded back in to recoup some of your investment.

What I have learned is I will do more research about games before buying. Never really heard of p2p before this game because I just thought all games used dedicated servers. I had less disconnects playing quake 3 arena on 56k.

So now I know if a game is going to use p2p I won't buy it till I watch many hours of twitch streams and read reviews. And that is going to be for any game, not just ubi games. Don't let it ruin your fun and take it as a life lesson. Good luck

Winsome111
03-10-2017, 11:09 PM
Noob was supposed to be nioh.

AveImperator85
03-10-2017, 11:11 PM
Let's not forget Mass Effect: Andromeda coming out later this month

Vilerin
03-10-2017, 11:14 PM
Noob was supposed to be nioh.

Still not 7 but this may explain why ppl say on forum that PS4 has ~100k peak and xbox even reached ~400k.
This information is from random posts on this forum, not confirmed by any real source, if you have one I would be more than glad to read it!

PS: These titles are single player focused, have different target audience and should not hurt For Honor in longer run anyway.

Vilerin
03-10-2017, 11:18 PM
Oh Chicken Little, you sweet thing. You're either deliberately being obtuse you truly failed to grasp my point. Steam metrics, much like Steam reviews, don't mean ****.

Also, way to completely ignore everything else I've said and hone in on one, petty little nitpick. :)

What can say me more about current game popularity than observing players online charts from release to this day...
I will say that again: never touched Steam reviews in my argumentation so stop changing topic.

EDIT: Steam reviews are one of the fields we agree together so why do you try so hard to alienate my view on this from yours?

RetedRacer
03-10-2017, 11:29 PM

Im sorry mate but it is that bad, especially on ps4. 195K online launch day at 9pm. Then the monday before the update that took away the "current players online" counter we were down to 54k at 9pm, 56k the previous sunday night at 9pm.

Finally just the simple fact that they removed the counter tells me it's dying.

Winsome111
03-10-2017, 11:49 PM
Im sorry mate but it is that bad, especially on ps4. 195K online launch day at 9pm. Then the monday before the update that took away the "current players online" counter we were down to 54k at 9pm, 56k the previous sunday night at 9pm.

There were over 70k on yesterday around lunch EST which is non peak. That is on PS4. Don't forget horizons just game out. So that is part of the reason.

RetedRacer
03-10-2017, 11:57 PM
There were over 70k on yesterday around lunch EST which is non peak. That is on PS4. Don't forget horizons just game out. So that is part of the reason.

I would disagree that horizon took that many ppl, it's not even a similar type of game.

Also of the 4 close friends of mine who picked this up launch day I am the only one still playing. The 1st to leave has not played in 3 weeks, 2nd 2.5weeks, and the last two left about a week and a half ago. 1 am 1 of a group of 5 still playing. The others wont even touch it when I ask them to come run a cpl doms with me.

hanzmurphy
03-11-2017, 12:01 AM
I do have disconnects but usually no more that once every few days, and usually because some one on the game decided to join with 2000ms and you can see them in the red then the game just lags and closes. out of my 15hours of pvp game time only around 4 disconnects from games that weren't to do with the servers breaking on launch weekend. I conclude your net must be **** and you are the problem not the game. The fact people still don't understand why they went p2p is strange, most esport competitive fighting games do. FPS games use larger hit boxes to make up for ping delay to servers. In BF1 my ping is 17 ms most people on the servers are averaging the 50 mark with some 100ms, what happens when i run into a player with 60ms? they usually kill me around walls because of the delay or i wreck them only to die a few milliseconds later to the bullets they shot 2 seconds ago that only just registered the hit or we have the classic flying bayonet man who teleport's that last 3 meters you could of used to move of the way or shoot him in the face, now take that into a fighting game and i'm going to always see a delay against these people that negatively affects the outcome of the match with people living closer to servers having a better connection than those who don't, a completely ******ed move for a competitive game that can be decided in a .2 second sword swing that went through a block that didn't register because of ping. I play mortal kombat a lot and the problem is people with terrible internet join and just lag the game then moan it's the games fault, i see this like 50% of all MK matches with the rage and all and they only have them selves to blame. The underlying fix is buy better internet if you're serious about gaming. I will say they need to sort of the regions better. From about 7 am to 11 am i seem to get grouped with Russians.

hanzmurphy
03-11-2017, 12:12 AM

You can go on any game forum now and there will always be a thread with some one saying "the games dying". Games do die, i have 64 uninstalled games, half are AAA titles that promised the world. He's not wrong attentions spans are less, when i was a kid i would play crash Bandicoot repeatedly for months and never got bored. I usually do about 12 hours on a game now before i put it down. Some games i do have an insane amount of time on but usually because of season passes i come pack to play or they are Civilization or Total War games where you lose track of the time or MMORPG's where you play the expansion month every 2 years.

VorchAAA
03-11-2017, 12:24 AM
I stopped preordering after unmitigated disaster that was Unity`s launch (how the hell a game can have a lower framerate in MENUS is still beyond me). And I`m done even looking at buying ubisoft games after this. I would have to see large-scale, company-wide changes before I even looked at anything made by ubisoft again. Hilariously, of the 12+ people I started playing with, none are playing nowadays. some due to the rampant connection problems, some due to the apparent complete lack of thought put into inter-class balance. Not one of these people has any intention of buying another ubisoft product without extensive evidence of genuine change on ubisofts part.

Bob__Gnarly
03-11-2017, 01:07 AM
For Honor is going down as one of the biggest disappointments I have ever played. I can't believe the hype train has crashed so horribly.

With the last 2 patches on PC, the game has gotten even worse would you believe. I've been trying to play for the last 2 hours and have only been able to finish a couple Brawls and 1 Dominion game. Every other match I've played has either frozen my game, crashed it or the most common one, just booted me with some random error code.

At this point I get more enjoyment watching the population crash through Steam (cause I can't watch the numbers fall in game anymore since they removed the player counter LOL) rather than sit waiting to get into a game only for some BS to occur and boot me out and start all over.

This is just the stability and connectivity issues, it gets a whole lot worse if we factor in balancing and the bugs. This game needed another year at least in development, it's beyond a joke!

KnifeInUrNeck
03-11-2017, 04:06 AM
Yep, it's a lemon and it's a real bummer. At its core, this game could have been something special but the lust for money won over the passion for game development and we got an incomplete, poorly tested product. I was certainly expecting more content from the full release than 3 characters, skirmish, and a bunk story. And cool me na´ve but I would have thought the connection issues happening in alpha might have been worked on. Some issues I doubt are fixable and others will require vast adjustments and then testing all while the population plummets. Even now, queue times are growing. First Division and now this...from now on, if I buy an Ubisoft game, it's going to be used.

DBLxxShotz
03-11-2017, 04:56 AM
Ubisoft have some great game ideas, but terrible at executing them.

This sums up Ubi for as long as i can remember. Not sure why its such a revelation to you now. Ubi always manages to disappoint its consumers. Its like they seem to do so purpously. They come up with great ideas but then follow those ideas with bad ones that are counter intuitive and dont make no sense.