PDA

View Full Version : define: "HONOR"

Jersmall
03-09-2017, 12:52 AM
First of all this game is based off a warlord Apollyon who decides to wage/win a war by making others fight each other. then come in when they are weak and finish them off. Does this sound honorable to you? to me it sounds more like a player coming in while there is a 1 vs 1 going on and killing the weak enemy... :rolleyes: this is the whole "reason" this game exists otherwise there would be no war that we are all participating in. (you realise this is a war right?)

secondly define: honor
1. high respect; esteem.

thirdly; define: War.
" a state of armed conflict between different nations or states or different groups within a nation or state." (a group of people fighting another group)

fourthly: how is honor gained in war?

A. If your friend is being smashed, just got shot or had a limb cut off and is about to die, would it not be considered honorable to put your own life at risk to go help him/her in a time of need? you would get a medal and given "high respect" and "esteem" AKA honor.

B. If you prevent a friend/group/nation from dying, you are given medals for it and thus you are given "high respect" and "esteem" AKA honor.

C. If you are responsible for winning said war by what ever means possible thus saving the lives of the "group/nation", you are also given "high respect and "esteem" AKA honor.

D. If a trained person is participating in a said "war" with a end goal of destroying a "group/nation" AKA defenceless people (some children, old people, women, men) is this considered "honorable?"

it comes down to your point of view and witch side you are fighting on. If you had to 2 vs 1 a person to take them down who was about to pillage and rape you are both given "honor" for saving the weak.

HONOR is SUBJECTIVE (based on or influenced by personal feelings, tastes, or opinions) when it comes to WAR. (conflict between groups)

E."Apollyon: This will be an age of wolves. Through me, the wolves among them will rise again. I am war."

How exactly does a wolf kill?

"After prey is detected, wolves may split up to search through brush, travel on ridge tops searching for the prey below, or test herds looking for signs of weakness." does this sound honorable? "Wolves hunt out the weak, the sick, the old, and the injured. They help the population of prey animals like the elk, deer, moose, and caribou, by taking away the weak and letting the strong survive."

So be hunting individuals that are weak, as packs, they make the species stronger...

in conclusion : this is not a 1 on 1 "sport", its a war and a fight for survival. if you want your own subjective view of "honor" in the game to be defined as 1 vs 1, then don't join 2+ VS 2+.

You will end up getting weeded out by the wolves and killed because you are the weak person not playing as a team. If you join a 4 vs 4 "war" please quit complaining about x vs 1. You decided to place an imaginary definition of how4 vs 4 is meant to be played and you got killed via bad choices. YOU are the one that set your own definition of "honor" as 1 vs 1 and YOU are the one who decided to participate in a "group war".

THUS; YOU are the problem... not the game.. not the people playing as a good team... its YOU, the sheep with lack of honor..

stick to 1 vs 1, thank you.

SiewcaRaka
03-09-2017, 12:56 AM
Honor=Winning.

TCTF_SWAT
03-09-2017, 12:59 AM
I believe it means, let your buddy get executed, let the enemy get health back AND keep their revenge meter while you sit on the sidelines and wait patiently your turn. As to not disturb anything and don't be called out for your cheapness......or something stupid like that.

RetedRacer
03-09-2017, 01:04 AM
upright, honest, just, conscientious, scrupulous, honorable mean having or showing a strict regard for what is morally right.

But in 2017 morals aren't a thing anymore, and they nevere were in battle so trying to apply them here is silly.

Jersmall
03-09-2017, 01:11 AM
upright, honest, just, conscientious, scrupulous, honorable mean having or showing a strict regard for what is morally right.

But in 2017 morals aren't a thing anymore, and they nevere were in battle so trying to apply them here is silly.

so you are saying letting your friend die is honorable? according to the games settings its a war and fleeing from a fight and letting the friend die would be dishonorable.

its subjective.. so if you want 1 vs 1 then play 1 vs 1 that however is simple.

Xynrex
03-09-2017, 01:12 AM
Honor=Winning.

this

Illyrian_King
03-09-2017, 01:13 AM
Help my teammates not regarding if they are having trouble or not

Gray360UK
03-09-2017, 01:14 AM
The important word when it comes to For Honor, is for, in my opinion.
This gets overlooked in favour of debating what honour means.
'For' is an essential starting point if you really want to define things.
Fighting for a thing =/= fighting with a thing.
Even if you fight for honour, it does not automatically follow that you fight with it.

The dictionary definition of 'Honour' includes the following synonyms:
distinction, privilege, glory, tribute, kudos, cachet, prestige, fame, renown, merit, credit, importance, illustriousness, notability

Now if you are fighting FOR any of the above things, for fame, for importance, for glory, for tribute ... pick one, any one ...
What the hell does that have to do with fighting honourably?

Also if this guy can kick people off ledges then it's good enough for me, honourable or not ...

https://68.media.tumblr.com/3aa2bc78f704590f16e3aad479cd4cba/tumblr_mvyj69kVop1rj2phto1_500.gif

Jersmall
03-09-2017, 01:16 AM
Help my teammates not regarding if they are having trouble or not

that's honorable in my book, saving HP to win the long term war.

love having a team mate that is willing to die by my side for the end goal of VICTORY!

RetedRacer
03-09-2017, 01:46 AM
so you are saying letting your friend die is honorable? according to the games settings its a war and fleeing from a fight and letting the friend die would be dishonorable.

its subjective.. so if you want 1 vs 1 then play 1 vs 1 that however is simple.

Not saying anything lol. I simply provided a definition of Honor. And stated relating it to a video game in 2017 is silly.

Now for my opinion on the matter? I'm in the camp that appreciates finishing my duel in a 2v2 lobby....should ppl be condemned if they dont allow it? Nope not at all.

Simi_Xiamara_
03-09-2017, 01:55 AM
I believe it means, let your buddy get executed, let the enemy get health back AND keep their revenge meter while you sit on the sidelines and wait patiently your turn. As to not disturb anything and don't be called out for your cheapness......or something stupid like that.

You don't have to let your buddy be exicuted? If I'm in 2v2 and I'm watching and they try exicute my buddy I GRAB and THROW them off also the Devs said on weekly stream throwing ppl off a edge is not honorable also their is a order in the game that says get X amount of honorable kills. The order defines it as no edge throws no help from your team you have to kill them by you self with your sword

TCTF_SWAT
03-09-2017, 01:58 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gASs3i6cDm4

This is how I like my brawls.

Cyriccube
03-09-2017, 02:06 AM
Honor, and controversy History is written by the victors. If you win by playing by a player defined set of rules that are optional, then so be it. That is your honor. If you win by being a savage fighter lusting for death and mayhem. So be it, that is also your honor.

People need to stop complaining about how a player plays. Its your decision to play how you play. Don't be a fascist and complain that people aren't playing by the rules you set for yourself. You decided to play with your ruleset, they decided to play with theirs. Get over yourselves and fight and adapt to how your enemy is fighting and deal with the hand your dealt.

Gray360UK
03-09-2017, 02:07 AM
The order defines it as no edge throws no help from your team you have to kill them by you self with your sword

Not true at all. I've had honourable kill come up on the screen after kicking someone out of a window to their death below.
Now where is your 'honour'? :D

Sirrkas
03-09-2017, 02:17 AM
You don't have to let your buddy be exicuted? If I'm in 2v2 and I'm watching and they try exicute my buddy I GRAB and THROW them off also the Devs said on weekly stream throwing ppl off a edge is not honorable also their is a order in the game that says get X amount of honorable kills. The order defines it as no edge throws no help from your team you have to kill them by you self with your sword

I am pretty sure I got bonuspoints for honorable kills by pushing someone over a ledge, not sure if it was skirmish or dominion.

Gray360UK
03-09-2017, 02:20 AM
I am pretty sure I got bonuspoints for honorable points by pushing someone over a ledge, not sure if it was skirmish or dominion.

Yep, I just checked a clip of mine and the guy I booted off a ledge in Skirmish just now (who sent me hate mail to rage I might add, haha) gave me an 'Honourable (1vs1) Bonus' message.

GewaltSam
03-09-2017, 02:54 AM
The guy who threw my off the ledge in Round one, waited for me to roll a cigarette in Round 12 and thanked me for the nice duels after Round 20 was very honorable, in my opinion.

To make it more clear: I love if players use all the ingame mechanics against me, because that means I don't have to hold back, either. If somebody is a friendly person who is fun to play or against with, if that person has a few nice words for a good win or after the matches, that is somebody that I like to play with. Maybe "respect" for your fellow players is the better word. Those who damn "unhonorable" players because they don't like something they do in-game should focus more on what to do against it, because I know first hand that environmental kills as well as fighting outnumbered is not as one-sided as people make it out to be (and, really, for most, honor in this game is about the envi-kills and 1onX, isn't it?)

Brave_Thunder
03-09-2017, 11:38 AM
The point is:why you think that this is a war?Why you care about your faction,when you are one of thousands?In real combat,of course only in victory there is honor,of course I would 2v1 someone to save my friend.But in a game?Never.It's not like he's gonna die irl if he dies in game,so why help him?He could learn something fighting someone more skilled than him.Am I a bad teammate?Maybe,but I care about my skill and my improvement,not about the word that appears at the end of the game.Why don't I stick to duels?Because 8 maps out of 10 in duels are narrow paths surronded by ledges.

Gray360UK
03-09-2017, 12:51 PM
The point is:why you think that this is a war?Why you care about your faction,when you are one of thousands?In real combat,of course only in victory there is honor,of course I would 2v1 someone to save my friend.But in a game?Never.It's not like he's gonna die irl if he dies in game,so why help him?He could learn something fighting someone more skilled than him.Am I a bad teammate?Maybe,but I care about my skill and my improvement,not about the word that appears at the end of the game.Why don't I stick to duels?Because 8 maps out of 10 in duels are narrow paths surronded by ledges.

You are a bad team mate and you care only about yourself in modes where you are supposed to be a team. And yes, it's a game, which has objectives, modes with goals. The goal of a 2 vs 2 Brawl is to be the winning team, not for you to improve your skill at the expense of said goal and at the cost of your team mates life. However, I don't expect to change your mind and you are of course free to play however you like.

Obdach01
03-09-2017, 03:05 PM

Which moral? Yours? The Japanese? Ze German? The Arabic? Which moral, dude????

I think you don't get, that every group has it's own moral. Honor is something different to each group... and in war? lol check history what is considered honorable? You, mate, are falling for an ironic title, and taking it literally... For Honor is ment ironically. Check intro and story, mate.

Captain-Courage
03-09-2017, 03:12 PM
Honor ?

Oh yeah, you mean that thing that serves as an excuse for traditional Sindh Pakistan families to kill roughly 1000 of their young women every year by karo-kari, because they dishonored them ?
That is an honor matter for them.

Jersmall
03-09-2017, 06:00 PM
Which moral? Yours? The Japanese? Ze German? The Arabic? Which moral, dude????

I think you don't get, that every group has it's own moral. Honor is something different to each group... and in war? lol check history what is considered honorable? You, mate, are falling for an ironic title, and taking it literally... For Honor is ment ironically. Check intro and story, mate.

would have to agree, they are judging the book by the title then complain when its not exactly what they expect based on the books cover.

Kawira1
03-09-2017, 09:35 PM
Honor can mean 2 things. One is obeying unofficial widespread rules like not using poison on weapons, not interfering in duels etc. I'm sure there are still some codes of honor for some cultures on the internet to find. The problem is that there are no universal rules across globe but usually win could be achieved in any way ie by kicking, slamming, pushing enemy etc. So guys crying about ledge pushing being unhonorable certainly has 0 idea about medieval martial arts

Second meaning is simple - Glory is honor. By slaying countless enemies many warriors were adored not less than Justin Bieber by underaged girls today.

SangLong524
03-09-2017, 09:44 PM
I don't really care for anyone's honor but mine. it's yours, not mine. I don't dictate yours, you stay the f*ck away from mine. But since my honor and the other guys' honor disagree, we fight to death.

Isn't that why we are all here? this is not a tournament, nor a conventional social gathering where we shake hands.

Agent Talon
03-09-2017, 09:50 PM
Stopping the enemy with the best possible tactics to keep as many teammates alive as possible. Not teaming up isn't honorable it's just bad strategy and stupid.