PDA

View Full Version : Theory about the self proclaimed honorable players

Turric4n666
03-08-2017, 11:51 PM
Thesis statement: when the player is not skilled at the game and has made up honor code that he must play by, he goes into brawl to get a better ally that can carry him to victory and increases his chances of winning.

(this excludes premades)

I am constantly having people quit, flame me and gank up on me with my ally helping just because i am playing the game. I am playing the game in another way as they want it to be played. I am in the 2on2 mode and i play accordingly.

That is NOT honorable from you.

Discuss.

Edit:

This was one of the most fun brawls matches i had in For Honor. Sadly our opponents didnīt see it that way, but that is what the mode is about, a chaotic brawl with switching targets and being on your toes to not get stabed in the back!

https://youtu.be/vc4nE2slhmA

ughhh youtube.. do it.

Pope138
03-08-2017, 11:54 PM
I've always thought the title of the game was pretty lame. And that was before people used it as an excuse to cry over getting ganked.

If you want to win you got to play the game the way the game is played.

SiewcaRaka
03-09-2017, 12:01 AM
They will either keep losing with this code, or simply start playing properly. Ranked modes and MMR will help to separate them from good players.

RetedRacer
03-09-2017, 12:03 AM
If we're talking 2v2 i would think the opposite.

If you run from the player who's standing accros from you to help your team mate it means your not confident in your ability to beat that person 1v1 and must have a buddy to keep them busy/distracted while you attempt to get free hits.

Not touting the honor code but lets be real if ppl refuse to even attemp a 1v1 and will only team up and focus one down thats not skill its fear of being alone in a fight.

TCTF_SWAT
03-09-2017, 12:06 AM
The best I got is when I saved someone from getting executed in brawl. Fought my way to revive him and what does it do? Sit on the sidelines while I'm getting jumped. It's like "really? I fought to get you up....but your tip sipping princess code tells you to sit on the sidelines?"

Pansy players.

Raven-Mad
03-09-2017, 12:09 AM
when the player is not skilled at the game and has made up honor code that he must play by, he goes into brawl to get a better ally that can carry him to victory and increases his chances of winning.

(this excludes premades)

I am constantly having people quit, flame me and gank up on me with my ally helping just because i am playing the game. I am playing the game in another way as they want it to be played. I am in the 2on2 mode and i play accordingly.

Discuss.

Are you saying all people that play with honor codes do this, or just some? If they do to be carried, obviously that's stupid. If you think players who play with an honor code are weaker and need to be carried, I think that's quite a silly notion personally.

AKDagriZ
03-09-2017, 12:11 AM
when the player is not skilled at the game and has made up honor code that he must play by, he goes into brawl to get a better ally that can carry him to victory and increases his chances of winning.

(this excludes premades)

Discuss.

i know what you are experiencing lol .I really like to join/regroup with my teammate right at the beginning of the fight to fight along with him in a brawl.It doesnt mean anything else that fact is i like to brawl .All your honorless theory or how bad i am at 1v1 mean nothing( look my stats im a all around player who play each mod equally) .What i like the most in a brawl is to get outnumbered !

Turric4n666
03-09-2017, 12:13 AM
Are you saying all people that play with honor codes do this, or just some? If they do to be carried, obviously that's stupid. If you think players who play with an honor code are weaker and need to be carried, I think that's quite a silly notion personally.

Well. i am asking why someone that wantīs to duel (at all costs) join a team mode and does not go directly to.. well.. the duel mode. This is my question which i can not understand. So my thesis is that they want to have a better player at their side.

I mean the mode i am playing is called brawl.

Brawl or Brawling may refer to:

Brawl, a large-scale fist fight usually involving multiple participants

yet people have the audacity to accuse me of not knowing the rules.

ryan4321
03-09-2017, 12:16 AM
i think its pretty funny when people run from me at the very beginning of a round ill just stand there n wait for them to come back then destroy their whole team with no pickups

Turric4n666
03-09-2017, 12:17 AM
i think its pretty funny when people run from me at the very beginning of a round ill just stand there n wait for them to come back then destroy their whole team with no pickups

topic is brawl right now. But in elimination you will not wreck the whole team.. because some people can actually play. Just because you do not encounter good players, doesnīt mean that they are doing a bad thing. Thatīs your decision to wait. fine by me.

PackingMoney
03-09-2017, 12:19 AM
Well. i am asking why someone that wantīs to duel (at all costs) join a team mode and does not go directly to.. well.. the duel mode. This is my question which i can not understand. So my thesis is that they want to have a better player at their side.

Some people go to brawl because it is more relaxed than duel and allows for a little break at the end of the 1v1.

ryan4321
03-09-2017, 12:20 AM
sorry didnt read duel part

Raven-Mad
03-09-2017, 12:22 AM

I mean the mode i am playing is called brawl..

Because duel mode usually has very little people in it, such that people often end up getting re paired with the same person over and over or waiting long times. Modes like Brawl and Elimination have larger populations and some inbuilt support for dueling (you start essentially engaged in a duel with 1 player). It's also more variety because you get to alternate who you fight in each round. Also many of us have to play other modes for orders, as they're the only way to gain steel.

Turric4n666
03-09-2017, 12:24 AM
Because duel mode usually has very little people in it, such that people often end up getting re paired with the same person over and over or waiting long times. Modes like Brawl and Elimination have larger populations and some inbuilt support for dueling (you start essentially engaged in a duel with 1 player). It's also more variety because you get to alternate who you fight in each round. Also many of us have to play other modes for orders, as they're the only way to gain steel.

that sounds like a chicken-egg problem... if more people would stick to duel for actual dueling, then the mode would be populated enough.

Well, there are few duel and brawl orders. I am assuming ubisoft wantīs more people in the large modes. So that argument is void.

Sauronbaine
03-09-2017, 12:25 AM
Well, speaking from someone who has played since closed beta.

Brawl has always been very close to what 1 v 1 is. People are generally very respectful of the duel and let it commence. About 97% of games are like this with a few added in where people do gang up on others.

Obviously from you exp, this will be lessened but for me not at all.

AKDagriZ
03-09-2017, 12:37 AM
if only people could understand how exciting it is when you are the one down 1 V 2 .The game is made that way .Every class have amazing defense skills when outnumbered . Im not even talking about revenge.Everytime my teammate loose hes 1v1 i attack both ! i ask them to outnumb me.They are always like ''HUH %?%?''.And at the end even if i lost they are more like '' wow impressive skills on 2v1'' No ! its not impressive skills ! i just understood how the game is intended.In fact so classes like the belove peacekeeper are easier to fight in 1v2 rather than 1v1.

Turric4n666
03-09-2017, 12:48 AM
Well, speaking from someone who has played since closed beta.

Brawl has always been very close to what 1 v 1 is. People are generally very respectful of the duel and let it commence. About 97% of games are like this with a few added in where people do gang up on others.

Obviously from you exp, this will be lessened but for me not at all.

hmm.. 97% of my brawls are the opposite :)

----

This was one of the most fun brawls matches i had in For Honor. Sadly our opponents didnīt see it that way, but that is what the mode is about, a chaotic brawl with switching targets and being on your toes to not get stabed in the back!

https://youtu.be/vc4nE2slhmA

welp.. the video needs time to convert.. check it out later. The beginning was really cool and then it dissolved into 1on1s only to converge back to a brawl. Not the most skilled combat but entertaining nonetheless.

Sauronbaine
03-09-2017, 12:54 AM
Well thats why I said my experience will differ from yours because we fight two different ways. You want a cluster **** while i want the duels. Neither side is right nor wrong, however, I guarentee that if you tried to play the 1 v 1 way, you will see the majority of the 2 v 2 community plays it like 1 v 1.

RetedRacer
03-09-2017, 12:54 AM

Lmao you like to be outnumbered in fights u say ? In 2v2? Lmao thats BS, if it were true you'd play elims.

You ckaim your run an join ur buddy cuz u enjoy fighting side by side ur buddy. Ok fine but i have to ask this...

If the one who you ran from chases you to your buddy do you then engage him in 1v1? Or do you attemp to focus down the one your buddy is fighting? If it's the latter (which i suspect) then dont sit there and act like your skilled.

Play how you want thats fine, not advocating "honor" but dont sit here and BS that "i like fighting side by side ny buddy" nah that don't wash, your not confident in your ability to 1v1 nothing more.

Turric4n666
03-09-2017, 12:59 AM
Lmao you like to be outnumbered in fights u say ? In 2v2? Lmao thats BS, if it were true you'd play elims.

You ckaim your run an join ur buddy cuz u enjoy fighting side by side ur buddy. Ok fine but i have to ask this...

If the one who you ran from chases you to your buddy do you then engage him in 1v1? Or do you attemp to focus down the one your buddy is fighting? If it's the latter (which i suspect) then dont sit there and act like your skilled.

Play how you want thats fine, not advocating "honor" but dont sit here and BS that "i like fighting side by side ny buddy" nah that don't wash, your not confident in your ability to 1v1 nothing more.

i never said that i am fighting side by side with my ally.
I never said i like to be outnumbered.. i am not. there are 2 people in each team. It is physically impossible to be outnumbered.
I never claimed that i run from my enemy to my buddy.

Do you imagine things?

I said that i just play the mode how it just goes, not following a specific process.

Also, could you try to use some grammar and stuff? Itīs really hard to read.

SiewcaRaka
03-09-2017, 01:01 AM

If they won, then they are more skilled than those that seperated their targets. Simple as that.

AKDagriZ
03-09-2017, 01:01 AM
Well thats why I said my experience will differ from yours because we fight two different ways. You want a cluster **** while i want the duels. Neither side is right nor wrong, however, I guarentee that if you tried to play the 1 v 1 way, you will see the majority of the 2 v 2 community plays it like 1 v 1.

i understand and i witnessed it. But if you refer to what i have said in this actual post you will understand you are missing a huge part of the game when you play that way.Im not telling you it's your case but a lot of player came to this game self absorbed with the honorably thing , and first time they found themselves outnumbered they freaked out and scream at unhonorable.Without understanding this is a situation that will happen frequently ., so better learn some skills at it.

Sauronbaine
03-09-2017, 01:03 AM
i understand and i witnessed it. But if you refer to what i have said in this actual post you will understand you are missing a huge part of the game when you play that way.Im not telling you it's your case but a lot of player came to this game self absorbed with the honorably thing , and first time they found themselves outnumbered they freaked out and scream at unhonorable.Without understanding this is a situation that will happen frequently ., so better learn some skills at it.

Yes. Alot people do scream unhonorable. However when its done to me, I just get them right back with it and generally, I win doing it. -shrug- im not missing a huge part of the game. if I wanted to play like that, I'd play elims

Turric4n666

exactly.. please watch the video in my OP. I donīt want to force you to change (not you the one i quoted, but all that play 1on1 in brawl) but i want to show you that the game can be fun when itīs chaotic.

AKDagriZ
i never said that i am fighting side by side with my ally.
I never said i like to be outnumbered.. i am not. there are 2 people in each team. It is physically impossible to be outnumbered.
I never claimed that i run from my enemy to my buddy.

Do you imagine things?

I said that i just play the mode how it just goes, not following a specific process.

Also, could you try to use some grammar and stuff? Itīs really hard to read.

I think he was talking to me.And hes whole sentence mean absolutely nothing

here you can see https://fhtracker.com/profile/pc/AKDagriZ

i fight Duel a lot .But when i brawl i brawl . that it !

AKDagriZ
03-09-2017, 01:05 AM
exactly.. please watch the video in my OP. I donīt want to force you to change (not you the one i quoted, but all that play 1on1 in brawl) but i want to show you that the game can be fun when itīs chaotic.

i know we are on the same in this haha go back and read

Turric4n666
03-09-2017, 01:05 AM
I think he was talking to me.And hes whole sentence mean absolutely nothing

here you can see https://fhtracker.com/profile/pc/AKDagriZ

i fight Duel a lot .But wehn i brawl i brawl . that it !

also. revenge makes it really risky to engage 2on1. One bad move and you can just die along with your buddy.

Yes, i know we are on the same page, hence my addition in the brackets :)

AKDagriZ
03-09-2017, 01:17 AM
i watched your video . yea its kinda fun to brawl this way . it not like you ganked him you both attacked him fairly.Nice parry tho !

Gray360UK
03-09-2017, 01:23 AM
That video is exactly how I play it and how I believe it's meant to be played.
I really can't get my head around people who go into a 2 vs 2 mode, lose their partner and then end up facing 2 people, and then complain bitterly about it as if the team of two is doing something wrong.
Hello, two teams of 2.
It's so much more fun as well, the chaos, the war, the glory, for Valhallaaaa! ... wait, I'm a Knight, Deus Vult ... I guess ;)

Turric4n666
03-09-2017, 08:03 AM
Yup thanks.. But overall. The whole issue diminishes my my game experience, so should ubisoft do something about this?

Punish rage quitters would be good step in my Opinion.
Also not filling the game with bots and instead, giving you a victory would help a lot. I really donīt wish to fight bots but humans, otherwise i would queue versus AI.

Its fun to hear people moan a few times but eventually it becomes tedious and exhausting. I want to play the game.

Turric4n666
03-09-2017, 11:19 AM
Also this is so frequent that i am starting to think that i am in the wrong game mode :(

Captain-Courage
03-09-2017, 01:58 PM
I've always thought the title of the game was pretty lame. And that was before people used it as an excuse to cry over getting ganked.

If you want to win you got to play the game the way the game is played.

The title of the game is quite quite well suited on the contrary , but most people don't see the irony behind it, as they are quite uneducated about History and tend to rely on their romanized views of pure and white Chivalry and Bushido.

The story mode even makes an emphasis on that : Honor is the notion used by the winners to justify their actions. Because History is written by the winners.
The end of the Knights campaign is quite clear about that.

William's tactics weren't viewed as honorable when he won Agincourt and slaughtered french Chivalry (that's not for nothing that this battle is called "the end of Chivalry")
Kahn used the most pernicious moves to win his battles.
If you read Sun Tzu, you will quickly notice that he used some of the most ****tiest moves.
Tokugawa victory at Sekigahara isn't honorable, he won because of a betrayal from Kobayakawa to Mitsunari.
From what we know, Musashi's last battle vs Kojiro is not really an honorable conventionnal duel.

Even when you look at the military icons of these times and their values, some of their interpretation on certain subjects were in total opposition : suicide is viewed as one of the most dishonorable things to do for a Knight, a christian warrior. It's damnation.
On the contrary, suicide is seen as one of the most honorable way to die for a warrior following Bushido.

Obdach01
03-09-2017, 02:40 PM
If we're talking 2v2 i would think the opposite.

If you run from the player who's standing accros from you to help your team mate it means your not confident in your ability to beat that person 1v1 and must have a buddy to keep them busy/distracted while you attempt to get free hits.

Not touting the honor code but lets be real if ppl refuse to even attemp a 1v1 and will only team up and focus one down thats not skill its fear of being alone in a fight.

Maybe that's what it means to you, but someone who is tactically versitile and knows about how to win a battle, will use tactics and logic to give himself the upper hand to make sure his team wins. He is not in doubt of his own abilities, but does not know the abilities of his opponent. A strategist will not risk loosing because of missing knowledge, so he goes to help his teammate, so he can attack in greater numbers, to make a win sure... if he still looses, he miscalculated his opponent's ability, not his own.
This my friend, is called tactics and strategy... even in a game. greater numbers are much better than good skill. Rambo maybe stands a chance against an army, but one highly trained opponent has very little chance to win against an amateur crowd... numbers, mate.
It's war... only the fool has no fear in war.

Obdach01
03-09-2017, 02:42 PM
The title of the game is quite quite well suited on the contrary , but most people don't see the irony behind it, as they are quite uneducated about History and tend to rely on their romanized views of pure and white Chivalry and Bushido.

The story mode even makes an emphasis on that : Honor is the notion used by the winners to justify their actions. Because History is written by the winners.
The end of the Knights campaign is quite clear about that.

William's tactics weren't viewed as honorable when he won Agincourt and slaughtered french Chivalry (that's not for nothing that this battle is called "the end of Chivalry")
Kahn used the most pernicious moves to win his battles.
If you read Sun Tzu, you will quickly notice that he used some of the most ****tiest moves.
Tokugawa victory at Sekigahara isn't honorable, he won because of a betrayal from Kobayakawa to Mitsunari.
From what we know, Musashi's last battle vs Kojiro is not really an honorable conventionnal duel.

Even when you look at the military icons of these times and their values, some of their interpretation on certain subjects were in total opposition : suicide is viewed as one of the most dishonorable things to do for a Knight, a christian warrior. It's damnation.
On the contrary, suicide is seen as one of the most honorable way to die for a warrior following Bushido.

THIS!!! My thoughts entirely... but you forgot Fat Boy

Sithalorian
03-09-2017, 03:25 PM
This has happened so many times it makes me want to scream in Elim

xx007iam
03-09-2017, 04:08 PM
This is kind of why I avoid brawl. I have to be able to change the play style at the drop of a hat. Like, if it seems like everyone playing just wants 1v1 x2, fine. If everyone in the brawl want a actual 2v2, fine. It's just aggravating trying to keep on the same page.

Not to mention team mates who just want something in between. I was in brawl last night, me an a teammate DESTROYED this other team. We finish and we all que up again. We proceed to steam roll the other team again, the last round rolls around and my teammate start to run around my opponent, getting in the way of hits and guard breaks.

Like, bud, make up your mind. I'm trying out my Valk here and this Kensie is down to scrap.