PDA

View Full Version : Shugoki's demon embrace one-shotting Peacekeeper

Sunlight_Spears
03-08-2017, 07:07 PM
So i was in a game against a Shugoki and a peacekeeper, i had lost half of the small bar in the healthbar. So PK throws me into a wall and shugoki does his demons embrace and instantly kills me. No chance for dodge, not even a little health left after it. I seriously believe shugoki needs a nerf because thats just insane, or at least make his demon embrace damage against heroes with lower health (like PK) smaller. And also the fact that in a game before that he had 2 small bars of health left and did demons embrace on a raider which in turn healed him back to full. Like cmon guys how is this balanced ? Does Ubi even respond to the threads on their forums or are they gonna leave the game to die out now that they got a lot of money from it...

ryan4321
03-08-2017, 07:13 PM
you probly dont want to complain bout his 1 shot just expect it seeing as how you main pk you are plenty fast enough to dodge the 1 shot just sayin i would want to 1 shot u 2

ryan4321
03-08-2017, 07:15 PM
i may have read that wrong maybe you dont use pk sorry

Hiero_Glyph
03-08-2017, 07:26 PM
So i was in a game against a Shugoki and a peacekeeper, i had lost half of the small bar in the healthbar. So PK throws me into a wall and shugoki does his demons embrace and instantly kills me. No chance for dodge, not even a little health left after it. I seriously believe shugoki needs a nerf because thats just insane, or at least make his demon embrace damage against heroes with lower health (like PK) smaller. And also the fact that in a game before that he had 2 small bars of health left and did demons embrace on a raider which in turn healed him back to full. Like cmon guys how is this balanced ? Does Ubi even respond to the threads on their forums or are they gonna leave the game to die out now that they got a lot of money from it...

You do realize that when a Shugoki is in their last health segment a Demon's Embrace will OHKO every class even if they have revenge active, right?

Yes, the mechanic is broken but to think it only affects PKs means this is certainly a L2P issue.

RetedRacer
03-08-2017, 07:29 PM
Lmao and this perfect example of the saying "know thy enemy"

Sunlight_Spears
03-08-2017, 07:50 PM
I literally said i got thrown into a wall by the opponent PK and Shugoki charged me immediately, even if i wanted to i couldn't dodge that and trust me i tried.

RetedRacer
03-08-2017, 07:53 PM
I literally said i got thrown into a wall by the opponent PK and Shugoki charged me immediately, even if i wanted to i couldn't dodge that and trust me i tried.

Ok then you just got hosed by 2ppl communicating thats it....get over it.

ryan4321
03-08-2017, 07:53 PM
yea then you just screwed lol

forrest0755
03-08-2017, 08:49 PM
Was the Shugoki at critical health? because if he was, then there is your issue. The Demons Embraces is auto kill if they are about to die. The drawback, is if you miss, you have very little health left, lose your hyper armor, and are wide open for an attack. In this case, they communicated and made sure you couldnt dodge it. That is smart play by them.

Blackball8
03-08-2017, 08:56 PM
Every time a Shugoki kills a peacekeeper with Demon's Embrace, an angel gets his wings.

Gray360UK
03-08-2017, 09:04 PM
Yeah getting thrown into a wall / corner is the problem. You can't get past a fat Shoguki if he's got you cornered anyway.
One way or another you were gonna die in all probability.
You were outnumbered.
Chances are he would have hit you with a charged Heavy otherwise and you would have died.
Basically, you're looking for something to blame.
Suck it up.
The lesson is, don't fight where you can be cornered.

DireNazgul
03-09-2017, 12:25 AM
It's ok, because the Peacekeeper one shots me when she activates her revenge.

Sunlight_Spears
03-09-2017, 01:30 AM
It's ok, because the Peacekeeper one shots me when she activates her revenge.

revenge wasnt in play here, and no PK does not one shot on revenge. Maybe in dominion with feats and gear. But in brawl, no way.

Sunlight_Spears
03-09-2017, 01:33 AM
You ppl dont seem to understand whats the point here. The fact that that fat idiot can one shot someone if he catches them off guard or simply to deal a ton of dmg and then heal himself is stupid. And also the "armor" mechanic is dumb aswell, he can basically gb after you deal one attack to him. The whole concept of shugoki is wrong and not balanced at all. All of you here are probably shugoki mains who dont know how to play something that actually takes skill like orochi or nobushi. And yes in high level (not your pleb levels) PK isnt as simple as spamming lights because ppl are not mentally ill in high level matchmaking.

DethOriginal
03-09-2017, 01:36 AM
This makes me smile. PKs are the bane of this game after the connections issues.

AveImperator85
03-09-2017, 01:37 AM
Shugoki DOES have some balance problems, though. I've been one-shotted by a Shugoki, while playing Lawbringer.

Granted, it was one of the fully-charged, unblockable heavies and he was in Revenge mode, but still. One-shotting a non-assassin should NEVER happen outside of the critical health Demon's Embrace (which I still think needs a smaller hitbox, that thing is YUGE)

forrest0755
03-09-2017, 02:27 AM
If you take away the hyper armor from the Shugoki, he will he useless. He is way to slow, and pretty much any character besides Lawbringer and Raider could just interrupt his every move. As for the Demons embrace, it is very easy to dodge. Quit complaining about simple things just because you arent good enough to deal with them. And no, I do not main shugoki.

AveImperator85
03-09-2017, 02:31 AM
If you take away the hyper armor from the Shugoki, he will he useless. He is way to slow, and pretty much any character besides Lawbringer and Raider could just interrupt his every move. As for the Demons embrace, it is very easy to dodge. Quit complaining about simple things just because you arent good enough to deal with them. And no, I do not main shugoki.

News flash for ya there, bud. Certain classes, like the Lawbringer for example, have a pitifully slow and short-distance dodge. Given the hitbox of the Demon's Embrace, it's VERY hard to avoid unless the Shugoki initiates the charge from days away.

Darizuka
03-09-2017, 02:34 AM
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/DazzlingGrippingIcefish-mobile.mp4

^^
Shugoki in a nutshell..

Banicks
03-09-2017, 06:14 AM
You do realize that when a Shugoki is in their last health segment a Demon's Embrace will OHKO every class even if they have revenge active, right?

Yes, the mechanic is broken but to think it only affects PKs means this is certainly a L2P issue.

This.

Simple stuff really, if the Shu is on critical health, expect a demon's embrace. Simply side dodge then light left or right, and you finished him before recovery.

Brunn_MgAmadd
03-09-2017, 06:22 AM
for all the ppl saying demon embrace should be nerfed i invite u to play shugoki until u start playing with medium skill opponents.
You simply never land one if the opponent knows you're in the vicinity.
as for high skill opponents its even worse because they will try to bait it and then punish u for it.

if anything the initiation speed of demon embrace should get a tiny buff.

IIII 47 IIII
03-09-2017, 06:37 AM
I'm so tired of ppl getting their *** kicked then running to the forums to whine and blame EVERYTHING else but themselves. You lost to a better player/team. Get over it. Others here have explained precisely why you lost and your still looking to push the blame. Get better. Don't be so unaware of your surroundings and who you are playing against and you'll find yourself in better situations.

MRTriggerhappy7
03-09-2017, 04:55 PM
News flash for ya there, bud. Certain classes, like the Lawbringer for example, have a pitifully slow and short-distance dodge. Given the hitbox of the Demon's Embrace, it's VERY hard to avoid unless the Shugoki initiates the charge from days away.

You clearly don't know that it's not about getting out of the way but the invulnerability frames you have while dodging against that move. Complain less get better you don't see Shugoki taking tournaments...

pure_energist
03-09-2017, 07:17 PM
Your death had nothing to do with the Shugoki being Over powered and everything to do with you didn't tech a GB. That GB could have finished you off as well should you been near spikes or a ditch. Players are aware Shugoki has this ability and its an instant grab if thrown against a wall. Therefore anticipating GB attempts is key when facing this situation. Although playing against 2 makes it more tough to keep your awareness to him active, you still let the PK grab you... So Every Encounter with a Shugoki with critical health should be treated as thought your facing off against someone on a bridge. UNLESS your in a wide open space with no objects to be thrown against.

Kurasamii
03-10-2017, 01:38 AM

it one shots anyone when he is low hp.. Its in the description I'm sure.

forrest0755
03-10-2017, 01:51 AM

That is a problem of the Lawbringer being too slow in general, not with the Shugoki. The answer to a certain class having a severe flaw, isnt to make a different character more flawed. Shugoki is incredibly slow himself. Besides, if you know it is coming, even with a slow class it is easy to avoid. If a Shugoki is at crticial health you have to know it is coming.