PDA

View Full Version : A Leaving Penalty is not a good idea.

xHoodieninja86x
03-08-2017, 04:57 PM
Why would anybody want to play with people who are griefing and or being dumb?

massive02
03-08-2017, 05:11 PM
if it's handled like DOTA it would be awesome. I.E your matchmaking time is extended you also get grouped with other dumb griefing players for a while until you stop doing it and get put back into the main player pool.

leavers ruin the scoreboard, makes the connections worst, and makes their current team suffer while a replacement is found.

staying through an entire match promotes good behavior. So a penalty is a good diea

xHoodieninja86x
03-08-2017, 05:12 PM
if it's handled like DOTA it would be awesome. I.E your matchmaking time is extended you also get grouped with other dumb griefing players for a while until you stop doing it and get put back into the main player pool.

leavers ruin the scoreboard, makes the connections worst, and makes their current team suffer while a replacement is found.

staying through an entire match promotes good behavior. So a penalty is a good diea

Not when there's cheaters, griefers, dumb idiots.
This isn't DOTA, there ISN'T any ranked modes.

Leaving penalty should not happen it will just make people AFK and or sit there and do nothing.

Hiero_Glyph
03-08-2017, 05:21 PM
Last night in Skirmish PvP my team managed a comeback and when we broke the other team and had them down to a single player they closed the program and crashed the game. No one got any experience or rewards, and the quitter suffered no penalty. How is this fair?

Sure, if you lose connection you might be penalized by accident but that is worth being able to remove these toxic players from the normal MM.

xHoodieninja86x
03-08-2017, 05:25 PM
Last night in Skirmish PvP my team managed a comeback and when we broke the other team and had them down to a single player they closed the program and crashed the game. No one got any experience or rewards, and the quitter suffered no penalty. How is this fair?

Sure, if you lose connection you might be penalized by accident but that is worth being able to remove these toxic players from the normal MM.

That's not the rage quitters fault, that's the "advanced" P2P This **** wouldn't happen on Dedicated Servers.

RatedChaotic
03-08-2017, 05:26 PM
They better fix the matchmaking before they they add this penalty. New players will not sit thru a whole match of getting owned by higher levels without leaving. This will just create more problems rather than fix them.

Munktor
03-08-2017, 05:27 PM
They better fix the matchmaking before they they add this penalty.

That's near verbatim what they said the plan was in the stream yesterday.

RatedChaotic
03-08-2017, 05:32 PM
Ya but we all know they dont always keep their word.

Hiero_Glyph
03-08-2017, 05:43 PM
That's not the rage quitters fault, that's the "advanced" P2P This **** wouldn't happen on Dedicated Servers.

And the rage quitter caused the network to destabilize. It still doesn't make the act of quitting any less unfair for the remaining players. Sure, solving the P2P issues is the priority, but that does not absolve those exploiting the system and causing every other player to be forced to reconnect and potentially crash.

It would be like slamming ony brakes in heavy traffic and saying it wasn't my fault that an accident happened, it was the fault of the roads for not being able to handle the amount of cars.

MaxeliusAD
03-08-2017, 05:44 PM
In a game, where matchmaking thinks, that 4 epic/gold gear heroes versus 4 grey heroes it fine, should be no penalty for any leaves. People don't want to play in so fun gameplay, when you two-shoted against instant revenge "pro". First of all - need OK matchmaking for reps, for gear, for skill. And only secondly we should think about any penalties for leavs.

xHoodieninja86x
03-08-2017, 05:46 PM
And the rage quitter caused the network to destabilize. It still doesn't make the act of quitting any less unfair for the remaining players. Sure, solving the P2P issues is the priority, but that does not absolve those exploiting the system and causing every other player to be forced to reconnect and potentially crash.

Then if people don't want people to leave then play better and or stop trolling and or griefing.

Sorry but having Dedicated Servers will prevent crashes from people leaving. It's a SIMPLE thing, and it's possible since dedicated servers were a thing when online gaming started, Rage Quitting NEVER affected Connection aside from small lagspikes.

Hammelsneid
03-08-2017, 05:46 PM
I know this cannot apply to all cases and I couldn't care less about losing a match, but you really want to support the very likely case, that in the worst case three people need to accept to lose a match because of one self-righteous player, who thinks he does not have any unwritten engagement towards his teammates? I know this is more a question of moral and decency, but I hate the fact that the majority of online people just don't see that the other moving polygons on his screen are real people, whose real lifes are somehow influenced by virtual toons controlled by human beings..
Is my opinion that wrong?

teksuo1
03-08-2017, 05:49 PM
i'm all for some kind of punishment but there should be some "grace" once or twice a day.

for example i am terrible at multi tasking so if the phone rings during a match there's good chance i have to quit it (rather than looking afk without my brain focused to the game).

there should be 1-2 quit per day without punishment.

xHoodieninja86x
03-08-2017, 05:50 PM
i'm all for some kind of punishment but there should be some "grace" once or twice a day.

for example i am terrible at multi tasking so if the phone rings during a match there's good chance i have to quit it (rather than looking afk without my brain focused to the game).

there should be 1-2 quit per day without punishment.

Bwahahaha no. There should be no penalty what so ever.

This isn't CSGO or LOL.

Hammelsneid
03-08-2017, 05:54 PM
This isn't CSGO or LOL.

What exactly differs a multiplayer match in For Honor from a multiplayer match in LoL or CSGO?

teksuo1
03-08-2017, 05:54 PM
Bwahahaha no. There should be no penalty what so ever.

This isn't CSGO or LOL.

your quitting brings problem to the game, synchronization and a bot. it shouldn't be without consequences everytime... you are pretty damn selfish in your way of thinking.

cragar212
03-08-2017, 05:56 PM
Looking forward to the penalty for rage quitters.

Funny how the rage quitters are typically the worst players. Maybe they will l2p finally

xHoodieninja86x
03-08-2017, 05:57 PM
your quitting brings problem to the game, synchronization and a bot. it shouldn't be without consequences everytime... you are pretty damn selfish in your way of thinking.

Then that's the Coding. If they invested in Dedicated Servers this wouldn't happen.

Sorry for quitting a game I don't want to be in because of Griefers, or Cheaters, or Laggers, or AFKers.

xHoodieninja86x
03-08-2017, 05:59 PM
What exactly differs a multiplayer match in For Honor from a multiplayer match in LoL or CSGO?

LOL and CSGO have ranked matches this game doesn't.

CSGO seperates Ranked and Casual play and so does LOL.

Hammelsneid
03-08-2017, 06:05 PM
Another of my thoughts involving this topic: Shouldn't the player(base) of for honor make the experience despite the actual problems caused by the (let's call it) unfortunate technical state of For Honor's online structure as good as possible? Almost every more or less active player of For Honor knows about the eventual consequences of leaving a game, so why deteriorate the already difficult experience by doing something knowingly more deteriorating? Shouldn't we alle somehow stay together to improve the situation or at least keep it at a more bearable state?

Hiero_Glyph
03-08-2017, 06:33 PM
Then if people don't want people to leave then play better and or stop trolling and or griefing.

Sorry but having Dedicated Servers will prevent crashes from people leaving. It's a SIMPLE thing, and it's possible since dedicated servers were a thing when online gaming started, Rage Quitting NEVER affected Connection aside from small lagspikes.

That's a strawman though as I never said that having dedicated servers or improving the P2P network isn't needed. Again, the point is that these issues do not somehow absolve the quitter from a potential penalty.

xHoodieninja86x
03-08-2017, 06:35 PM
That's a strawman though as I never said that having dedicated servers or improving the P2P network isn't needed. Again, the point is that these issues do not somehow absolve the quitter from a potential penalty.

So why should the Ragequitter have a Penalty for leaving a game he doesn't want to be in?

Hammelsneid
03-08-2017, 06:40 PM
he doesn't want to be in?

Every player clicking on a 4v4 matchmaking without 3 other member in his party is kind of agreeing to play with 3 random people.. I don't see For Honor as a "random webcam chat", where I leave every single game until I find one where the girl finally shows her b***ies -.-'

I'm kinda doing my best in every single game I joined and stay until the end. If there are way better opponents in that game, well, I see it as an opportunity to get better by facing them and finding out one or two things the actually do better.

xHoodieninja86x
03-08-2017, 06:42 PM
Every player clicking on a 4v4 matchmaking without 3 other member in his party is kind of agreeing to play with 3 random people.. I don't see For Honor as a "random webcam chat", where I leave every single game until I find one where the girl finally shows her b***ies -.-'

Agreeing to play with 3 random people who aren't cheating, griefing, being afk and or being annoyed with people being idiots?

I'm kinda doing my best in every single game I joined and stay until the end. If there are way better opponents in that game, well, I see it as an opportunity to get better by facing them and finding out one or two things the actually do better.

There's a difference between getting better and or being constantly 1v4ed in no win situations because you're teammates aren't cooperating.

Domination, Skirmish and Elmination are more about Teamwork then 1v1 2v2 modes.

Hammelsneid
03-08-2017, 06:46 PM
Agreeing to play with 3 random people who aren't cheating, griefing, being afk.

Ok, you got me there, but as an excuse: I play on PC and I swear I never met an AFK player and had very less moments suspecting someone to cheat.. I'm really not used to this, since every game, I would have had a reason to ragequit or whatever, drove me mad because the opponents were simply way better players.

Edit: and I play alot from my point of view...

xHoodieninja86x
03-08-2017, 06:48 PM
Ok, you got me there, but as an excuse: I play on PC and I swear I never met an AFK player and had very less moments suspecting someone to cheat.. I'm really not used to this, since every game, I would have had a reason to ragequit or whatever, drove me mad because the opponents were simply way better players.

Edit: and I play alot from my point of view...

You mean better Gear.

Hammelsneid
03-08-2017, 06:53 PM
You mean better Gear.

Mostly not, to be honest. I'm 34 yrs old and my reaction times aren't as good as those from a 18 yrs old pro gamer.. and some of the players are really good at feinting me into missblocks or -strikes and beat me fair and square. And not blocking a strike is a mistake on my side, no matter how much health it drains because of his gear.. you understand what I mean? I seldom experienced a player going into revenge mode in a 1v1 and when this happened, he blocked a huge load of my attacks.

Hiero_Glyph
03-08-2017, 06:56 PM
So why should the Ragequitter have a Penalty for leaving a game he doesn't want to be in?

Leaving the game in the first minute is very different than doing it after 5+. I'd be fine with a grace period but let's not pretend people quit for valid reasons most of the time.

Hammelsneid
03-08-2017, 07:02 PM
What I don't get: Sometimes ppl leave the game and I only get 1 message on the lower left and that's it. Not interruption or even stuttering. Then there are the Level 2 cases: the game stops, the message in the middle of the screen tells me, the game is goint to be resynched or wahtever, in the lower left I get the message that one or more left and the game gets back to normal. And last there are level 3 cases: same thing as in case 2 but it all ends with a red message, that the game broke down.. What exactly makes the difference between those three scenarios? Are those things all caused by leavers? I really would like to know, because bashing on something, what I do not fully understand feels sometimes very wrong..

Turric4n666
03-08-2017, 07:43 PM
Itīs easy, when you press ready you commit to a full game of For Honor and should not be allowed to join another game while the old one is not over.
If thatīs to much commitment for you, then play with bots.

xHoodieninja86x
03-08-2017, 07:47 PM
Leaving the game in the first minute is very different than doing it after 5+. I'd be fine with a grace period but let's not pretend people quit for valid reasons most of the time.

You can tell when someone is griefing and or afk within the first minute.

xHoodieninja86x
03-08-2017, 07:48 PM
Itīs easy, when you press ready you commit to a full game of For Honor and should not be allowed to join another game while the old one is not over.
If thatīs to much commitment for you, then play with bots.

So you want to commit to people who cheat and grief you?

Turric4n666
03-08-2017, 07:52 PM
So you want to commit to people who cheat and grief you?

People who cheat should get banned. You also have to play against people who cheat in Dota and CS.. people didnīt die from it so far.

Griefing? Unsure what that means.

PS: i didnīt see a single cheater so far. So coming up with 0.1% of matches as an excuse to actually fix stuff is not a good way to make progress. Come up with a better reason to not implement that.

Hammelsneid
03-08-2017, 08:04 PM
Come up with a better reason to not implement that.

A friend of mine asked several leavers after full game crashes, why they left, and if they answered evertime the answer was honest, but kind of sad: They didn't want a negative entry in their statistics. (Wich I personally think is the main reason for on purpose leavers...)

But they cannot call that out as a legit reason for not implementing a penalty for leaving early.

cragar212
03-08-2017, 08:28 PM
A friend of mine asked several leavers after full game crashes, why they left, and if they answered evertime the answer was honest, but kind of sad: They didn't want a negative entry in their statistics. (Wich I personally think is the main reason for on purpose leavers...)

But they cannot call that out as a legit reason for not implementing a penalty for leaving early.

It just shows how ignorant they are. There are 2 w/L stats in this game 1) The one you see on your character page. This doesn't count quitting as a loss. It however also includes player vs AI making it a useless stat. 2) Ubisofts leaderboard stats which counts quitting as a loss. So really people quitting to avoid a loss are just idiots.

S8Canadian
03-08-2017, 09:28 PM
Not when there's cheaters, griefers, dumb idiots.
This isn't DOTA, there ISN'T any ranked modes.

Leaving penalty should not happen it will just make people AFK and or sit there and do nothing.

If they add a ranked mode they could do that. there do seem to be a pile of leavers though but it's almost always because the other team is grieving and there is 0 chance and they are adding insult to injury (aka winning 900 to 50 and 1 dude is wiping out the whole team in spawn just because he can with revenge gear) That is when I see people leave and I don't blame them.

Hiero_Glyph
03-08-2017, 09:34 PM
It just shows how ignorant they are. There are 2 w/L stats in this game 1) The one you see on your character page. This doesn't count quitting as a loss. It however also includes player vs AI making it a useless stat. 2) Ubisofts leaderboard stats which counts quitting as a loss. So really people quitting to avoid a loss are just idiots.

Yeah, it's going to be hilarious to see someone post a screenshot of their stats that have a 95% win rate only to look on the official leaderboards and see they only win 34% of the time. Stupid is as stupid does though.

cragar212
03-08-2017, 09:36 PM
If they add a ranked mode they could do that. there do seem to be a pile of leavers though but it's almost always because the other team is grieving and there is 0 chance and they are adding insult to injury (aka winning 900 to 50 and 1 dude is wiping out the whole team in spawn just because he can with revenge gear) That is when I see people leave and I don't blame them.

You think griefing is when someone is playing the game but better then you lol? Wahhhhh mommmm he keeps beating me. Friggin sad kid

xHoodieninja86x
03-09-2017, 02:08 AM

"several" out of thousands of players. Great stats.

Mia.Nora
03-09-2017, 02:50 AM
Lets face it, I hate the quitters as much as the next guy; they ruin gameplay experience by abandoning their team, by disrupting flow of game and more importantly in this horrible P2P system causing the whole game crash.

However no matter how much Ubisoft sugarcoats it there is literally NO WAY they can separate a connection error drop out from an intentional disconnect. Greifers will unplug cable, turn PC off, turn modem off or just turn their connection off. And the current errors and disconnects will be in the same page with those actions, there is no way they can tell them apart.

If they had the ability to identify differences in connectivity issues; we would not have lag switching cheaters in the first place.
If they had the ability to identify connection errors properly, those errors would have been already fixed.

So if on top of the current massive amount of errors and failed matchmakings, the game makes me penalized even further when they happen; I wouldn't even bother with Ubisoft support and get a direct chargeback from my bank.

PokePokeBleed
03-09-2017, 03:18 AM
I'm not playing a premade of 4 shugos, or warlords who intentionally run to force team fights for revenge then spam git gud, lulz, and rekt.

Yes i've run into this, and yes I'm gonna leave that match because its anti fun. Why because 4 shugos with multiple revenge procs backbreaking random people and swinging 1 shot swings in middle of chaotic teamfight is not fun.

Warlord is worse.

You can play that match out I'm certainly not lol. The only ones who want leaver penalties are the twats who que with their friends and run comps like this and troll people the entire time. BUT BUT WE WANT THEM TO STAY AND PLAY, PUNISH THEM FOR LEAVING

Brunn_MgAmadd
03-09-2017, 06:13 AM

Never understood the logic behind that.
if the leavers are grouped with griefing players they will just leave that match..
this will repeat until they think all the game has are griefing players so they stop playing the game.
besides i suspect most of leavers in FH are unintentional due to the wonderful P2P system

Bob__Gnarly
03-09-2017, 07:07 AM
I've been experiencing this a lot in Dominion lately, like in literally every game at least one person will rage quit. Not get disconnected, but rage quit because they either got owned or because their team is losing. Once one leaves, it's game over, because bots are next to useless. It's becoming rampant, so I think Ubi definitely needs to consider something to deter against leavers. Make it count as a loss or something, I don't know, but address it before it gets even worse.

MaxeliusAD
03-09-2017, 07:24 PM
Well, right now, i leaved 2 skirmishes in a row. First - where i found 2 guys, which instant parry of my Warden zone attack and top attack "from nowhere". You do not miss here it, they PARRY it! Not block, not dodge. In Second "match" team with 2 epic 100 lvl heroes and 2 blue 60 meet our team with 3 grey gears and 1 35 blue. Should i stay in this matches and "enjoy" annoying scripters and no balance in game?

atac56
03-09-2017, 07:46 PM
quit penalties in a game period just makes no sense. at the end of the day its just a game and you cant force someone to play. most of the people you think are quitting are probably getting booted. in a full lobby ill sometimes get randomly kicked

Turric4n666
03-09-2017, 10:04 PM
quit penalties in a game period just makes no sense. at the end of the day its just a game and you cant force someone to play. most of the people you think are quitting are probably getting booted. in a full lobby ill sometimes get randomly kicked

They said they are implementing detection mechanisms of this stuff.
Anyway, of course you can not force someone to play, but then i want it to count as a forfeit and not have a bot in my match.

BLooMeaT
03-09-2017, 10:34 PM
You play vs cheater? stay in the game
You play vs lagger? stay in the game
You found a 120+ping match? stay in the game or u will be punnished.
I don't want to stay in a match when it is unreal to play.
As player from Russia i can say what this game is laghell. Only 2 from 3 match going not bad.
Seriously, Bot sometimes better than a player who can't bloka and who angry to this game.

Turric4n666
03-10-2017, 12:12 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbTRFIJSiyw&feature=youtu.be

Cool that you donīt want to play anymore. No problem, itīs just my time that is wasted fighting a bot. but good that you do not need to waste your precious time on a game you joined and can instead go for the next duel.

implement leaver penalty. now.
also give me the win instead of a bot.

xHoodieninja86x
03-10-2017, 04:21 AM
I've been experiencing this a lot in Dominion lately, like in literally every game at least one person will rage quit. Not get disconnected, but rage quit because they either got owned or because their team is losing. Once one leaves, it's game over, because bots are next to useless. It's becoming rampant, so I think Ubi definitely needs to consider something to deter against leavers. Make it count as a loss or something, I don't know, but address it before it gets even worse.

Nothing wrong with leavers, giving somebody a penalty in a non ranked match is stupid. If people other players are being stupid and not listening to you then you should have the right to leave without any penalty.

secrecy274
03-10-2017, 09:19 AM
Let it count as a loss. There, problem solved.

However, yeah, I agree. Leavers should get a penalty.

guffffff
03-10-2017, 11:13 AM
I spent yesterday quitting nearly every game, not out of rage but because I currently can only connect to All Regions - All Skill matchmaking games and its been really laggy were I cant event move out of the way of an axe never mind block or parry. hits were going through my blocks and I was often rooted to the spot getting pummelled !