PDA

View Full Version : Which is the "worst" class?

ipm204
03-08-2017, 11:14 AM
We all have our mains, and we've all have met a challenge from time to time. My question is: which class do you have the least problem defeating?

I know it depends on the player your facing, but let's just imagine that every class was played by a skilled player and you had to choose one of them to defeat. Who would it be?

Lyskir
03-08-2017, 11:18 AM
i guess raider....

Zv1k0
03-08-2017, 11:23 AM
Against good player every character is hard to beat but being on the same skill level i guess Raider.

isthil89
03-08-2017, 11:24 AM
Raider can still be good in 4v4 modes but trouble in 1v1 unless you're me and ill reck your face

TheMalakith
03-08-2017, 11:30 AM
I'd say lawringer. He has the same issues raiders have but also the lowest damage in the game. Raider had the second highest.

secrecy274
03-08-2017, 12:08 PM
Well, Lawbringer, probably because I main him and understand him. Raider has some good combos that can be devastating if they hit, Lawbringer... not so much.
For example he can Shove -> GB -> Heavy -> Shove etc, yet anyone can easily stop him by the GB, either by light attack, dodge or CGB.

Fordol
03-08-2017, 12:10 PM
Raider or Lawbringer

Eleanor-Ripley
03-08-2017, 12:13 PM
1v1 id definately say lawbringer.
Unless he GBs you, he can't do anything. Not even run away.

Raider atleast hits hard albeit he is telegraphed as f***

DrinkinMyStella
03-08-2017, 12:26 PM
I'm quite surprised no one mentioned kensai, he's my main and in the samurai sections his not exactly favoured

Eleanor-Ripley
03-08-2017, 12:32 PM
Kensai is not a bad class. Thats why :)

zide-
03-08-2017, 12:44 PM
Depends on the player and the circumstances. Raider is piss easy to beat if there are no ledges nearby to get thrown off from and Lawbringer is easy if the player is not spamming bashes and throws in a tight space where you have no room to dodge.

But I would say Warden is the easiest to beat in general, regardless the environment. Warden doesn't have many options for approaches so he is easy to read. Shoulder bash spam is easy to avoid and his dodges are slow.

Zv1k0
03-08-2017, 12:50 PM
Dont mix Kensei in this thread. He is way too underrated..

SuperMmeee
03-08-2017, 12:51 PM
Raider, lawbringer and berserker. They are all rip tier in 1v1. I think all modes combined berserker is THE WORST. He can be nuisance in 1v1 if u dont respect the feints, just like raider, but they are both really ez to beat after u learn to not fall to the couple simple tricks they use.

SuperMmeee
03-08-2017, 12:53 PM
O yea and kensei too forgot him, havent lost to kensei in ages. And if I did it wasnt bcs the hero, bcs all hes moves pretty much suck too, but bcs player was just beter with gbs and parrys.

Lotharikus
03-08-2017, 12:59 PM
isnt this merely a matter of how good you are in comparison to your opponent and his class?
and also strong playstyle depending?
i don't see the raider that bad. sure he has his weaknesses (as every class) in being somewhat slow. so just adapt by timing his attacks better.
and maybe one should stop spam heavy attacks. thats easy to counter and one if not THE reason for losing fast.
instead parry more and punish low stamina opponents with slam/heavy+zone instant kills.

if we talk about high level gameplay against strong skilled players, there is a completely different meta than in duels against light attack spamming casuals.
against 80% of the player base (the casuals) a raider whoops *** IF the controller is used correctly

Frappenstain
03-08-2017, 01:06 PM
Kensei is mind****er if you proficent with it. He can reverse dodge-light attack, heavy combo wich ends up unblockable or unflinchable depends which side you chose. Montrous range and quick helmbreaker. And top of all, big majestic KATANA. Bit harder to master. Description tells its easy, but its one of the harder heroes the learn imo. After mained Berserker, i stand like sheep to slaugter with my first match. Than i got revenge mode, switch my main next mach, and a kensei litereally whoop my ***... Leraning is good, learning is pretty :P

SuperMmeee
03-08-2017, 01:15 PM
isnt this merely a matter of how good you are in comparison to your opponent and his class?
and also strong playstyle depending?
i don't see the raider that bad. sure he has his weaknesses (as every class) in being somewhat slow. so just adapt by timing his attacks better.
and maybe one should stop spam heavy attacks. thats easy to counter and one if not THE reason for losing fast.
instead parry more and punish low stamina opponents with slam/heavy+zone instant kills.

if we talk about high level gameplay against strong skilled players, there is a completely different meta than in duels against light attack spamming casuals.
against 80% of the player base (the casuals) a raider whoops *** IF the controller is used correctly

Well he was asking whats easiest for us but yes if we talk true balance, then we think the professional level, not the pub scrub ****feast. And that means that kensei raider lawbringer and berserker are complete trash. They are very telegraphed (basically a free parry for any skilled player). They dont have fast moves to chip ur opponent, they have only few tricks to use, which are 100% countered if memorized. For example a really good raider can win as a trump card a match or two, since no1 plays this rip tier hero and so people wont practice vs good raider, put given 1 hour spar with the good raider player, he will not be able to take a single series anymore unless there is great skillgap, which ofc wont happen in high lvl of play.

Egotistic_Ez
03-08-2017, 01:17 PM
Not only is kensai not a bad class, it's a not a class at all.

And no love for more poor raider. :( Not surprising but I expected lolbringer to get more votes.

MaxeliusAD
03-08-2017, 01:19 PM
Worst classes in game are Warden, Warlord and PK. Cuz freaks just playing this classes and abuzing thems broken OP mechanic for easy wins... Nerf Them and nerf all aoe speed animation and all becomes almost in balance.

Eleanor-Ripley
03-08-2017, 01:26 PM
Warden debateable.
Warlord definately not!

Best kit in the game

Gray360UK
03-08-2017, 01:31 PM
For me, and I guess I'm in the minority as no one else has mentioned it, it's Conqueror.
Just not my cup of tea, I can't play that defensively (well I can but I don't like to).
Maybe it's after starting with a PK and a Nobushi, but Conqueror just feels so slow and defensive and hits like a wet noodle.
Might be better once mine is geared up but so far, least enjoyable class I have played.

corazondedelfin
03-08-2017, 01:48 PM
Lawbringer, I never lost a duel against a Lawbringer. Poor lawbringers, they are like the swiss pope guards that nobody cares about but they could die to protect him :nonchalance:

Someone should buff lawbringers, they look cool but they are really underpowered.

DovaahisPGM
03-08-2017, 02:06 PM
I'd say lawringer. He has the same issues raiders have but also the lowest damage in the game. Raider had the second highest.

LOL some **** right there. Conq is the class with the weakest attack points of the game.

MeArney
03-08-2017, 02:12 PM
Lowest damage in the game? Cīmon the fact that LBīs canīt keep up with Valks speed doesnīt mean that her wet-noodle hits are doing that great of damage.

LB is still the weakest though. Way too slow and easy to outplay. I mained my LB to Rep.2, then decided that it was not worth it, unless playing 4v4 in a map full of enviroment hazards

The_B0G_
03-08-2017, 02:53 PM
I'm quite surprised no one mentioned kensai, he's my main and in the samurai sections his not exactly favoured

I've seen a Kensai wreck my entire team all match, they are not weak, and definitely not the worst.

Johnnybeck.
03-08-2017, 02:56 PM
I mained my LB to Rep.2, then decided that it was not worth it, unless playing 4v4 in a map full of enviroment hazards

That's the problem with the majority of people here, they think if they got rep 2 they now all about the game and every character. I'm at rep 10 and still have a lot to learn, how to play better with my main and how to proper counter some of the other characters.

Everybody goes on and on about revenge being broken and the LB can hold me until my revenge is over and can throw me easily off the map if I'm not careful. And raider has such high damage, 1 stun from him and if you don't defend properly there goes a lot of you hp. Characters that are good in throwing you off the map have an advantage in this situation and can throw and kill you without a single hit, but they have other weakeness as being slow and predictable, ecxept for warlord that has the best kit in the game and can do everything very well

The_B0G_
03-08-2017, 03:06 PM
I main the LB Rep 7, if you have him set up the right way gear wise he really isn't that bad, when I get 2v1'd I usually kill at least one before it runs out. I've won a couple 4v1s with him on his attack/revenge build.

In 1v1 and 2v2 modes he is terrible though, if you charge, there goes 75% of your stamina, I won't even use it unless it's going to be an environmental kill. Even without charge you can only string 1 throw and 1 combo before you have to stop to regain stamina.

You'd assume with the tallest character who probably weighs the most besides the Shugoki, and has the biggest weapon in the game, again besides the Shugoki; would do fairly decent damage at base level with no gear. Most classes are faster and do more damage.

TheMalakith
03-08-2017, 03:30 PM
Lowest damage in the game? Cīmon the fact that LBīs canīt keep up with Valks speed doesnīt mean that her wet-noodle hits are doing that great of damage.

LB is still the weakest though. Way too slow and easy to outplay. I mained my LB to Rep.2, then decided that it was not worth it, unless playing 4v4 in a map full of enviroment hazards

They still hit harder. LB's average light does 11 damage against valks 15.5. LB's average heavy does 28.1 against valks 27.5. combined average for LB is 18.64 against valks 19.53.

Her damage isn't great either, but her average damage is higher than LB's and she can dish them out a lot faster.

Iskaroth
03-08-2017, 03:41 PM
My **** tier list(from the worst to least bad):
1. Raider.
2. Lolbringer
3. Kensei

TheMalakith
03-08-2017, 03:50 PM
LOL some **** right there. Conq is the class with the weakest attack points of the game.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wwr17AtTDFU3BZY_81axLVMKdHdNZuV0wGOb589VKgc/edit#gid=0

RatedChaotic
03-08-2017, 03:57 PM
Bout the same as asking a two people which is better? apples or bananas? but not taking into account one is allergic to apples and the other is allergic to bananas.

Prophit618
03-08-2017, 04:51 PM
Just based on the replies, the answer seems to be pretty Raider or Lawbringer overall. Just the number of responses saying such indicates that the problem is an objective one, not just based on people's lone experiences.
Personally, I say Raider. Not that a good Raider can't still beat my arse, but far fewer of them do than any other class. Lawbringer has some definite problems, but at least they have the ability to lock someone down in a corner. The Raider can't even do that, and on top of that his attacks are long, slow animations, that are really easy to block or dodge if you've ever seen them before. He has strength, but that's only so useful when it's tough to actually hit people. He does have the carry GB, which is nice, but Warlord has the same thing while having a decent set otherwise, and has the option to not carry with their GB (thinking about it, Raiders might be able to throw without carrying across the room, I'm not sure as I tend not to play them).
Both classes are deserving of some love though.

As for Kensei, I'm not sure they're top tier, and their extremely limited moveset hinders them a little bit, but they are granted enough cancels to be able to keep you guessing, and have range and damage backing them up and certainly keeping them off the bottom tier.

Madein1987
03-08-2017, 05:02 PM
I come from a Raider perspective. I have played him since closed beta and have been playing him exclusively in Duels and Brawls, so I can't say much about the balance of the Raider with gear stats on and 4v4 environnement.
However, I have clearly had my share of experience in 1v1 and 2v2 with him. I play Raider because I love the way he looks and I like the feel he has.
His moveset is rather simple, straightfoward, and his heavy combo pretty much kills on completion. But that is never going to happen against a skilled player unless you have been playing Inception level of mindgames with your opponent. I have a love and hate relationship with the Raider. Every win seems like you have outplayed your opponent, but every fight also seems like an uphill battle.

Guard change is slow enough so countering Peacekeeper's light attacks is a matter of prediction rather than reaction.
No guarantied heavy after GB makes the raider GB followup either very stamina consuming(ZA), dependant on the environnement (perfectly spaced wall stun) or suboptimal(knee to the face+light attack, light attack or heavy canceled stunning tap). It's not a bad thing, just an observation.
Slow light attacks and slower heavy attack makes for a very easily interruptable character.
I find it odd that a character that look like could brute force his way in a fight doesn't have any initerruptable attacks.
I feel like Raider should have more follow up after a stunning tap. Right now, you can only follow it up by a light attack.
I feel like the Raider should be able to land a side heavy after a wall stun, I am not versed in the other character but he seems like the only character who does not have a guarantied heavy (or good punish) after a wall stun.
I feel like tweaking some numbers on his recovery frame or windup frame would go a long way to make him viable in 1v1 at high level.

BrianBoyFranzo
03-08-2017, 05:17 PM
I'd go with Lawbringer. He can be used effectively, but it seems so much harder to bring some one down with LB if the opponent is decent at the game. His few fast attacks dealing low damage and slow guard change speed are my biggest gripes.

ParadigmFringe
03-08-2017, 06:16 PM
anyone saying Raider can't feint worth a damn.

#truth

GentleManiac757
03-08-2017, 06:28 PM
[QUOTE=Lyskir;12423301]i guess raider....[/QUOTEdie
quickly

teksuo1
03-08-2017, 06:44 PM

i fear kenseis ; they usually have sick feints and and parry everything. Guess i need more practice against them.

PKUSUB
03-08-2017, 07:06 PM
i fear kenseis ; they usually have sick feints and and parry everything. Guess i need more practice against them.

Well, that would would mean the player is good and not specifically the class.

But raiders, hands down the easiest to beat for me, I honestly don't think I ever lost to one