PDA

View Full Version : The For Honor community is divided over what honor really means

FailOfHDDVD
03-08-2017, 08:56 AM
The For Honor community is divided over what honor really means

Apparently there is a wrong way to play.

http://www.pcgamer.com/the-for-honor-community-is-divided-over-what-honor-really-means/

Honor is "...not about being fair, it's about killing the other guy. He played to the strength of his weapon, and fought like he was supposed to."

Felis_Menari
03-08-2017, 09:32 AM
Eh, if everyone in a match agrees to this alternate method of play, that's fine. But if people get their panties in a bunch over others not adhering to an artificial rule set, well, then they only have themselves to rightfully rage at for having unrealistic expectations.

CoyoteXStarrk
03-08-2017, 09:33 AM
People just don't seem to understand that 2v1-ing is not a fair fight.

Its not rocket science.

If you win fights 2v1 then you are by definition less skilled than someone who beats those same two people 1 by 1

You won the fight not because you are skilled. You won because you had superior numbers and don't care about fighting fair.

DrinkinMyStella
03-08-2017, 09:39 AM
I enjoy people 2v1, 3v1, 4v1 me, its makes me a better player, so if you see me on my own come a try me with your group.

TheCadian_
03-08-2017, 10:12 AM

Its not rocket science.

If you win fights 2v1 then you are by definition less skilled than someone who beats those same two people 1 by 1

You won the fight not because you are skilled. You won because you had superior numbers and don't care about fighting fair.

Not in the slightest.

Maybe I wanted to fight 1v1 and someone intervened. Do you expect me to suddenly give up my fight, my content, my reason for playing the game so that someone else can steal my kill or let my opponent gain a possible advantage over me they might not have deserved?

Nope.

When it comes to other fights where I dispatch my initial opponent easily should I just stand to the side and let two players fight it out when my team needs the objective to reach 1000 points or Eliminate the opposition?

Nope.

Should I wait for fights to finish in 2v2 Brawl modes when all four players signed up for two person versus two person team battles?

Nope.

You want 1v1 fight? Duel is your place.

Otherwise I have a game to win, a class to get better with and master, and a will to test those skills under less rigid circumstances.

CoyoteXStarrk
03-08-2017, 11:22 AM
Not in the slightest.

Maybe I wanted to fight 1v1 and someone intervened. Do you expect me to suddenly give up my fight, my content, my reason for playing the game so that someone else can steal my kill or let my opponent gain a possible advantage over me they might not have deserved?

Nope.

When it comes to other fights where I dispatch my initial opponent easily should I just stand to the side and let two players fight it out when my team needs the objective to reach 1000 points or Eliminate the opposition?

Nope.

Should I wait for fights to finish in 2v2 Brawl modes when all four players signed up for two person versus two person team battles?

Nope.

You want 1v1 fight? Duel is your place.

Otherwise I have a game to win, a class to get better with and master, and a will to test those skills under less rigid circumstances.

Keep making all the excuses you want.

If I die to a 2v1 I automatically consider myself better than both of them because it took BOTH of them to beat me and yet I damaged both.

Man up and beat me in a fair fight to prove me wrong. Until then you are a scrub who can't fight his own battles.

No arguments to be made.

Fordol
03-08-2017, 11:29 AM

If I die to a 2v1 I automatically consider myself better than both of them because it took BOTH of them to beat me and yet I damaged both.

Man up and beat me in a fair fight to prove me wrong. Until then you are a scrub who can't fight his own battles.

No arguments to be made.

I think you've been misled by the games title. The game is called "For Honor" not "With Honor". While I prefer to play 1 vs 1 and will do so if everyone agrees, I would suggest it is bad team play to waste the advantage you gained by beating your opponent just to stand around and watch your teammate die due to some concept of "honor" that he didn't sign up for. Would you let your friend die in a real battle, just for your sense of honor? Don't think so. United we stand, divided we fall, and those that walk away alive are the real winners.

LordTyLord
03-08-2017, 11:31 AM
The only honour that matters is that which belongs to the victor.

The Lord has spoken.

CoyoteXStarrk
03-08-2017, 11:33 AM
I think you've been misled by the games title. The game is called "For Honor" not "With Honor". While I prefer to play 1 vs 1 and will do so if everyone agrees, I would suggest it is bad team play to waste the advantage you gained by beating your opponent just to stand around and watch your teammate die due to some concept of "honor" that he didn't sign up for. Would you let your friend die in a real battle, just for your sense of honor? Don't think so. United we stand, divided we fall, and those that walk away alive are the real winners.

Once again.

Make all of the excuses and whatever you want.

It took 2 of you to beat me. Beat me in a fair fight or get out.

Two boxers could have beat the **** out of Ali.

That doesn't mean on their own their boxers were better than Ali.

Fight me on fair grounds or you are lower than me. If you need help to win you are worse than me. If you need feats help or support to win a fight then you are worse than someone like me who can win fights on his own.

If you think I'm wrong you are entitled to your opinion. Meanwhile I will just be over here winning 1v1s all day like a boss meanwhile you need feats and support like a scrub :)

Fordol
03-08-2017, 11:40 AM
Once again.

Make all of the excuses and whatever you want.

It took 2 of you to beat me. Beat me in a fair fight or get out.

Two boxers could have beat the **** out of Ali.

That doesn't mean on their own their boxers were better than Ali.

Fight me on fair grounds or you are lower than me. If you need help to win you are worse than me. If need help or support to win a fight then you are worse than me who can winfights on his own.

If you think I'm wrong you are entitled to your opinion. Meanwhile I will just be over here winning 1v1s all day like a boss :)

All's fair in love and war, mate, and that's what the game is about. War. If you want duels stick to the 1 vs 1s. The only person making excuses here is you. If you enter a mode other than duel and then cry if you get teamed up on then you don't understand what the game mode you've entered is about.Its not a boxing match, its a battle. Kill or be killed. Use every advantage that you're handed to win.

Honestly people like you in dominion, elimination and skirmish are the worst. Its not some elite duelists club, its a war. If you want to play like that stay in duel mode and stop trying to force your views on the rest of the community. I can and have won 2 vs 1 and even occasionally 3 vs 1 fights. Its why revenge is in the game. I suspect the real problem here is that you haven't finished the advanced tutorial and learned how to combat multiple opponents.

I'm not lower than you, I just know what the game is about. If it was meant to be played how you say it should then Ubisoft would have made it so you can only have 1 vs 1 fights.

CoyoteXStarrk
03-08-2017, 11:43 AM
All's fair in love and war, mate, and that's what the game is about. War. If you want duels stick to the 1 vs 1s. The only person making excuses here is you. If you enter a mode other than duel and then cry if you get teamed up on then you don't understand what the game mode you've entered is about.Its not a boxing match, its a battle. Kill or be killed. Use every advantage that you're handed to win.

Honestly people like you in dominion, elimination and skirmish are the worst. Its not some elite duelists club, its a war. If you want to play like that stay in duel mode and stop trying to force your views on the rest of the community. I can and have one 2 vs 1 and even occasionally 3 vs 1 fights. Its why revenge is in the game. I suspect the real problem here is that you haven't finished the advanced tutorial and learned how to combat multiple opponents.

I'm not lower than you, I just know what the game is about. If it was meant to be played how you say it should then Ubisoft would have made it so you can only have 1 vs 1 fights.

Once again lol

Make whatever excuse makes you feel all warm and fuzy inside.

ITS OKAY WE GANGED UP ON YOU CUZ REASON AND THERFORE I AM TOTES MLG PRO AND YOU SHOPULD BE MAD JELLY BRUH

Me: AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

You aren't better than me unless you win in a fair fight. I'm sorry that you only beat me in a 2v1 or beat my team because you ran around in a 4 man gank squad situation, but you don't get my respect until you get a legitimate win against me on my own.

I am very sorry that you rely on others to win a fight. But some people don't need that crutch :)

TheMalakith
03-08-2017, 11:47 AM
I'm pretty sure Coyote is just a troll. He does the same on every post and makes multiple threats about these things.

If not, please show some of your gameplay, I'd love to see it.

Fordol
03-08-2017, 11:48 AM
Once again lol

Make whatever excuse makes you feel all warm and fuzy inside.

You aren't better than me unless you win in a fair fight. I'm sorry that you only beat me in a 2v1 or beat my team because you ran around in a 4 man gank squad situation, but you don't get my respect until you get a legitimate win against me on my own.

I am very sorry that you rely on others to win a fight. But some people don't need that crutch :)

If you were as good as you say you wouldn't be on the forums crying about getting beaten. I'm pretty confident I could take you and your false sense of superiority in a 2 vs 1 mate. Both of you against me ;)

What I'm saying is don't go into the multiplayer modes and expect people to fight like its a duelist club, because that isn't what the mode is about. But please, feel free to console yourself that you're so great because you got teamed up on. If I've already won my fight and come in to help finish you off too, then its because we're a better TEAM (which is what the mode is about and you fail to understand). Keep your "honor" and "I'm better than you because I didn't play the mode" attitude. I'll stick to my victories thanks.

Oh and by the way, the only person asking for a crutch is the one saying "Please don't play the mode as its meant to be played because then I can't win" :P

Veerdin-Wraith
03-08-2017, 11:55 AM
I use what I call "pragmatic honour".

I don't gank or cheese people in Duel, Brawl or Elimination unless I see somebody else doing it first. Dominion mode is fair game. I also try to be friendly and jovial in every situation, I don't fling insults or complain (much) and try to see the funny side of losing. I also don't go after distracted or AFK players by default. Unless they're AFK farming or have been a dishonourable bugger prior.

secrecy274
03-08-2017, 12:00 PM

I don't gank or cheese people in Duel, Brawl or Elimination unless I see somebody else doing it first. Dominion mode is fair game. I also try to be friendly and jovial in every situation, I don't fling insults or complain (much) and try to see the funny side of losing. I also don't go after distracted or AFK players by default. Unless they're AFK farming or have been a dishonourable bugger prior.

This.

Fordol
03-08-2017, 12:02 PM

All of the +1

Jobsalot
03-08-2017, 12:25 PM

Its not rocket science.

Except that's not always true because someone choosing to gank you and someone being skilled are not mutually exclusive. It's just hella efficient and faster most of the times. Which is all certain game modes in For Honor are about, Domination for example. Kills don't matter except for your individual ranking later but the prevalent goal is to get points. And since you always face opposition, getting rid of said obstacle the fastest and getting on the point is by ganking. I have fought people who ganked me and had better gear than me and won. I have fought people who 1 vs 1'd me and were of lower "level" and lost. All in the same match even. It's not an objective indicator, it is just your subjective coping mechanism with the unfair reality of this game.

I applaud you for wanting to play this like a true sportsman but that's not the intention of the game's inherent design. The only thing you can actually do and influence is how you carry yourself and your attitude. If you lose, lose with dignity. You decide for yourself how you want to play For Honor and once you have, you should stick to it even if its frustrating. Show mental fortitude against overwhelming odds. If there is no honor in this game, allow honor to blossom in your character and person at least.

It's what I do all the time. I don't flame people. If anything I crack a joke and sometimes even my enemies who howled at my loss in laughter agree and laugh with me instead of about me. Last night I knew we were outnumbered in Domination and we would lose. I knew it before hand. But the entire match was nothing but knight faction. So I said "no matter who loses, the knight faction wins" in chat before the game started and people lol'd. We actually all had a pretty great time afterwards barring two people who needed to flame at the end.

ArkSeyonet
03-08-2017, 12:31 PM
The AI in the story mode don't fight 1v1, and unless you are in 1v1 duel mode no bots will fight fairly. The game wasn't designed around fighting with honor, and it never was. Even in the opening video clearly someone shot the guy in the back of the leg while he wasn't looking. This game has nothing to do with honor other than the title.

Brave_Thunder
03-08-2017, 12:48 PM
I totally agree with the pragmatic honor.If my teammate loses his 1v1 it's his fault,not mine.It's an occasion for him to improve.I never insult others,but It can't be denied that gankers are cheap scrubs.True skill can be seen only in 1v1.

SuperMmeee
03-08-2017, 01:02 PM
I love these piece of **** noobs thinking numbers is advantage, numbers feeding revenge can be fatality, in fact when u do 2v1 against skilled player, if u stay to fight the revenge instead of just dodging it, that actually takes skill and has no room for mistakes (this does not include cc spammers who obviously live from 2v1), and for the revenged guy its on most heroes just about spammin **** on ur hearts content (meaning its actually easier to them than 1v1).

Aarpian
03-08-2017, 01:04 PM

No arguments to be made.

I actually get mad at my team mates if they come and interrupt my 1v1

Not because of honor, but because revenge is so busted it's actually an advantage for the lone player. My dominion tactic is to go stand on the enemy team's point and hope they try to 3v1 me, because they'll get obliterated by the constant revenge activation with no hope of getting it themselves.
I die maybe once per game.

Obdach01
03-08-2017, 01:11 PM
Yapping about honor in a war game... lol... even if it's called for honor... a soldier would gladely shout 'for honor' and behead a blindefolded prisoner.
Honor means a lot of things in war, but it definitly does not mean to take a beating and not use everything to your disposal to win.

Kulh
03-08-2017, 01:32 PM
I only follow those kind of rules if they are discussed before the match and teams agree.

If noone states such a thing prior to the fight I wont wait and see if you wont gank our team or throw of the ledges. Ill just do it first in case of doubt.

The only reason not to do it is if the opponent has a gear score of 80+, in those cases its better to not feed him revenge.

corazondedelfin
03-08-2017, 01:46 PM
The game is about WAR, and in war numbers dont matter, you will kill as many as you face, but this game is about HONOR too, some of you have to remember that. If someone is already fighting 2 guys on your team, it is hard as hell, dont go yourself too and **** the guy being 3 vs 1, that is not honoble at all, it is a ****, and if you do it, thats what you are indeed. Go fight someone else and let the guy 1vs2 enjoy the game too, dont ruin his game experience and become yourself a dishonorable ganker.

There should be a "dishonor" bonus where you get negative points for hitting someone already being hit by 2 players from your team. Thats not a fight, its a "rape". Remember what Jaime Lannister said when fighting Eddard Stark? This is exactly what Im talking about. THIS IS FOR HONOR, not for ****s. And yes, Im tired of being ganked because Im a good player that is literally hunted by others, and as I like to be a lonely samurai wolf, the times when I get destroyed is when groups attacking me alltogether, its my fault I know that, but many other players have no fault about being ganked.

Some of you even stay all the time in groups fighting lonely players haha What fun is that? Ruining other player experience for not thinking you can handle one or two of you together alone without the rest of the crew? Nah... Why do I even bother. Wait till I get 108 gear and then I will make some funny videos about Delfin vs Gankingcrew :rolleyes:

CoyoteXStarrk
03-08-2017, 01:47 PM
The excuses :D

Gray360UK
03-08-2017, 01:47 PM
"whether or not combatants in Ubisoft's fighting game should adhere to an imaginary code of ethics"

The most important word in that article.

How you go from there is entirely up to you. For me, no rules, no honour code.

SiewcaRaka
03-08-2017, 02:15 PM
The excuses :D

The only one making excuses is you:) We don't care what you think and what you believe. We came to win. And we will win. And if you want to make excuses like "it wasn't fair fight i am better" then you will never get "BETTER" cause until you will learn how to play this game you will always lose:)

CoyoteXStarrk
03-08-2017, 02:16 PM
The only one making excuses is you:) We don't care what you think and what you believe. We came to win. And we will win. And if you want to make excuses like "it wasn't fair fight i am better" then you will never get "BETTER" cause until you will learn how to play this game you will always lose:)

Oh look its you again lol

Everytime I see your post its a good laugh. Thank you.

SiewcaRaka
03-08-2017, 02:19 PM

You are welcome! I love to bring joy to disabled people :D

DrinkinMyStella
03-08-2017, 02:22 PM

how about GITGUD

CoyoteXStarrk
03-08-2017, 02:24 PM
You are welcome! I love to bring joy to disabled people :D

how about GITGUD

You beat me 1v1 then you get my respect.

If you have to rely on friends and feats to get you through the fight then you don't.

Sorry :)

DrinkinMyStella
03-08-2017, 02:26 PM
my overall KD says it all. I would cheese you just to make you spread your salt and rage.

SiewcaRaka
03-08-2017, 02:27 PM

If you have to rely on friends and feats to get you through the fight then you don't.

You win you will be alive, otherwise corpses opinion means very little to me:)

CoyoteXStarrk
03-08-2017, 02:30 PM
You win you will be alive, otherwise corpses opinion means very little to me:)

Talk to me when you win your fights 1v1 and your opponents have full health. .

Until then you rely on others to help get the job done.

End of story. Continue to make any excuses you want.

I will continue to laugh lol

cragar212
03-08-2017, 02:34 PM
All the neckbearded virgins who try dictate that I'm supposed to play MY game by THEIR made up personal rules need to seriously get a life. People are literally getting upset over honor in a video game. Its just sad

Kulh
03-08-2017, 02:34 PM
The feats part got me, do you allways choose activated feats and never use them in battle?

Because if you use them or choose passive ones you cant complain about it.

CoyoteXStarrk
03-08-2017, 02:38 PM
All the neckbearded virgins who try dictate that I'm supposed to play MY game by THEIR made up personal rules need to seriously get a life. People are literally getting upset over honor in a video game. Its just sad

You call us neckbeard virgins because we want to play a certain way.

Meanwhile we call you people who don't care how you win scrubs.

Its almost as if the different sides call each other different names.

Crazy how that works :)

corazondedelfin
03-08-2017, 02:42 PM
Talk to me when you win your fights 1v1 and your opponents have full health. .

Until then you rely on others to help get the job done.

End of story. Continue to make any excuses you want.

I will continue to laugh lol

Coyote, I see your way to be in this forum is trolling other threads for no reason. This is not good , you will be reported if you keep ruining other's experience in the forum.

Have a nice day.

CoyoteXStarrk
03-08-2017, 02:44 PM
Coyote, I see your way to be in this forum is trolling other threads for no reason. This is not good , you will be reported if you keep ruining other's experience in the forum.

Have a nice day.

Disagreeing with you does not equal trolling.

Welcome to reality and gaming forums.

Good day :)

Brave_Thunder
03-08-2017, 02:47 PM

In every game I always defend the freedom of the player.In ow I defend those that pick "off meta" heroes instead of the braindead ones,in bf1 I always argue against any limit to the player options.But in this game...the combat sistem is made for 1v1.And It works wonders.Why ruin it with cheesy kills or ganks?Sadly,ubi made awful maps with lots of ledges,but no one points a gun to your head and orders you to use them.It will be pretty sad to watch what will be elimination when ranked comes

corazondedelfin
03-08-2017, 02:48 PM
Disagreeing with you does not equal trolling.

Welcome to reality and gaming forums.

Good day :)

Thank you, but even me, not experienced in forums but old gamer, knows that you are here to troll others, you dont want to help improve the game or discuss about things with others. So stop doing that or you will get my report. You didnt respect my commentary, that is what makes you a troll, as you do with others in here. I take this seriously, I dont care if its a forum for a videogame, for me real life and this is the same, and respect to others, and hence their threads, is mandatory.

DrinkinMyStella
03-08-2017, 02:50 PM
Thank you, but even me, not experienced in forums but old gamer, knows that you are here to troll others, you dont want to help improve the game or discuss about things with others. So stop doing that or you will get my report. You didnt respect my commentary, that is what makes you a troll, as you do with others in here. I take this seriously, I dont care if its a forum for a videogame, for me real life and this is the same, and respect to others, and hence their threads, is mandatory.

i have already reported him.

MrForz
03-08-2017, 02:51 PM
I kill 3 people at the same time through a last stand on my own at the end of an Elimination round, nobody says anything. After a much more successful start of another round for my team, we're overwhelming the rest and THEN two opponents go total ape-**** on us. People also don't mind grabbing a boost or two before fighting me honorably and they'll complain that I toss them into spikes.

People mentioning "Honor" often have everything to gain from it. It really depends of the person that tries to apply that rule.

CoyoteXStarrk
03-08-2017, 02:54 PM
I kill 3 people at the same time through a last stand on my own at the end of an Elimination round, nobody says anything. After a much more successful start of another round for my team, we're overwhelming the rest and THEN two opponents go total ape-**** on us. People also don't mind grabbing a boost or two before fighting me honorably and they'll complain that I toss them into spikes.

People mentioning "Honor" often have everything to gain from it. It really depends of the person that tries to apply that rule.

My rule is simple.

You kill me 2v1 then you killed me fair and square.

Does not mean you are better than me at the game.

That is the essential extent of my point.

Gray360UK
03-08-2017, 02:58 PM
But in this game...the combat sistem is made for 1v1
Sadly, ubi made awful maps with lots of ledges

Do you not see the problem when you put these two sentences together?

How does it work to you, the first sentence is what Ubisoft intended, the second was some kind of accident?
You left out Spiked Walls, Holes in the floor, gates you can drop onto people, insta-death drop kills from height, ladder kills, feat kills, gank mechanics, 'Group Up!' commands
... all accidental?

They have bots that kick you off ledges / brdidges and gank you. Also accidental?

The in-game tutorials are full of ganking and cheesing, the official in-game how to play tutorials put there by Ubisoft ... accidental?
The Warden Advanced Tutorial for example, 10 seconds in, the Warden wins by kicking the Kensei off the bridge! :D

You mention BF1, what you are doing here is essentially like saying you shouldn't use Grenades / Tanks / Planes in BF1.
Not sure why you would be all about the freedom in BF1 but try to limit it so severely in For Honor, despite all the signs that the game is not primarily about 1 vs 1 combat at all.

Munktor
03-08-2017, 03:07 PM

Its not rocket science.

I agree with your sentiment, but if you're that bent about it - 2v2 brawl is probably not the mode for you. 1v1 duel is, as you apparently can't understand what a team-fight versus a duel is.

xXl Plan B lXx
03-08-2017, 03:12 PM
i don't play for your respect. I don't play for your approval. I don't play to ensure that I play by your myopic and stupid ruleset. I'll play my way and if you don't like it. I really don't care.

I paid for my XBox.
I paid for my Interent.
I paid for my TV
I paid for my electricity to run them all

When you start covering my costs you can start telling me how to play. Until then, I'll play how I like and you can look down upon me all you want. I'll lose zero sleep over a person I don't know calling me a lesser person / player because they can't handle that the game rules dictate that they're outnumbered.

CoyoteXStarrk
03-08-2017, 03:15 PM
i don't play for your respect. I don't play for your approval. I don't play to ensure that I play by your myopic and stupid ruleset. I'll play my way and if you don't like it. I really don't care.

I paid for my XBox.
I paid for my Interent.
I paid for my TV
I paid for my electricity to run them all

When you start covering my costs you can start telling me how to play. Until then, I'll play how I like and you can look down upon me all you want. I'll lose zero sleep over a person I don't know calling me a lesser person / player because they can't handle that the game rules dictate that they're outnumbered.

All those words.

And yet I still don't care what you have to say lol

Did you win your match 1v1 or did you constantly gang up on people? If you don't care then thats fine. But just because you don't care doesn't mean others can't point and criticize at the way you play.

Either you don't care (Then why are you even posting) or you do care in which case tough crap you don't get to tell me how I can judge others.

Jobsalot
03-08-2017, 03:18 PM

But what good is your respect? Are you some person of renown? Are you some sort of famous duelling benchmark people would strive to overcome? Or are you just a mediocre stranger, one among thousands creeping around somewhat average results? Who would want to prove a point against a nobody.

CoyoteXStarrk
03-08-2017, 03:27 PM
But what good is your respect? Are you some person of renown? Are you some sort of famous duelling benchmark people would strive to overcome? Or are you just a mediocre stranger, one among thousands creeping around somewhat average results? Who would want to prove a point against a nobody.

Thats the funniest part.

My respect means literally nothing.

And yet the fact I refuse to give it keeps getting numerous complaints lol

People just can't stand that I call them out for being cowards or people who seek the easiest way to a victory. For some reason the fact I point that out makes them mad.

SiewcaRaka
03-08-2017, 03:27 PM
And yet I still don't care what you have to say lol

Then why post?

CoyoteXStarrk
03-08-2017, 03:29 PM
Then why post?

Then why respond?

Prophit618
03-08-2017, 03:32 PM
WHy do you guys keep responsing to Coyote when they have nothing to add to the conversation? They're convinced enough in their own skill to assume that anytime they're beaten, it must be because the other player took advantage somehow. There's no convincing them otherwise because they're so caught up in their own head that it doesn't matter. You see the same thing all the times in chat in games.

You beat someone in a team fight: "You could never take me alone."
You beat someone in a 1v1 using buffs: "You could never take me without buffs"
Knock someone off a roof: "You could never take me without environment kills."
Beat them in a straight up 1v1 even fight on fair ground: "You could never beat me if you didn't use spam/cheap move/unblockable/your controller."

Why even bother with these people determined to not enjoy their own game? That's punishment enough.

As for honor, the standard rules are pretty simple and most people seem to follow them.
If it's a geared mode, ganking is allowed (and I encourage it, as people who don't know how to gank just tend to get them and their teammates killed)
If it's a non-geared mode, 1v1s are the standard (in the case of brawl, you let your teammate finish first.

I personally will respect 1v1s in Elimination until I see someone else not doing so. If we're dominating, I'll still respect it and just try and peel the adds off the fight. But if I'm sitting at 108 gear and my opponents' team all has <1 Rep, then I'm probably going to think they're being stupid for NOT trying to team up.

CoyoteXStarrk
03-08-2017, 03:36 PM
WHy do you guys keep responsing to Coyote when they have nothing to add to the conversation? They're convinced enough in their own skill to assume that anytime they're beaten, it must be because the other player took advantage somehow. There's no convincing them otherwise because they're so caught up in their own head that it doesn't matter. You see the same thing all the times in chat in games.

You beat someone in a team fight: "You could never take me alone."
You beat someone in a 1v1 using buffs: "You could never take me without buffs"
Knock someone off a roof: "You could never take me without environment kills."
Beat them in a straight up 1v1 even fight on fair ground: "You could never beat me if you didn't use spam/cheap move/unblockable/your controller."

Why even bother with these people determined to not enjoy their own game? That's punishment enough.

As for honor, the standard rules are pretty simple and most people seem to follow them.
If it's a geared mode, ganking is allowed (and I encourage it, as people who don't know how to gank just tend to get them and their teammates killed)
If it's a non-geared mode, 1v1s are the standard (in the case of brawl, you let your teammate finish first.

I personally will respect 1v1s in Elimination until I see someone else not doing so. If we're dominating, I'll still respect it and just try and peel the adds off the fight. But if I'm sitting at 108 gear and my opponents' team all has <1 Rep, then I'm probably going to think they're being stupid for NOT trying to team up.

I agree 100%

If someone beats me from 100% health to nothing 1v1 I will not be picky. If you really need to throw me off a cliff or you need a buff or feat then okay whatever, but at least it was a somewhat fair 1v1.

My point is when someone jumps on me in the middle of a fight or if I already have no health and then sits there and act like he is MLG pro.

Thats where I draw the line.

Sirrkas
03-08-2017, 04:20 PM
I agree 100%

If someone beats me from 100% health to nothing 1v1 I will not be picky. If you really need to throw me off a cliff or you need a buff or feat then okay whatever, but at least it was a somewhat fair 1v1.

My point is when someone jumps on me in the middle of a fight or if I already have no health and then sits there and act like he is MLG pro.

Thats where I draw the line.

You are aware, what he said about you?

xXl Plan B lXx
03-08-2017, 04:27 PM
Oh you have the right to stand in here and be a ****** all day. Not denying that. Just want to be clear that your myopic and constant barrage of stupid is really just making others dislike you more and more. Honestly. You're the first person I've considered blocking on these forums. You're a nuisance. The problem is you make a good point now and again and I'd miss it.

Did you win your match 1v1 or did you constantly gang up on people? If you don't care then thats fine. But just because you don't care doesn't mean others can't point and criticize at the way you play.

Turric4n666
03-08-2017, 04:29 PM
My hobby is going into brawl, then kicking budd until someone complains.. Then i'll kick some more.

also i am out of gum.

guest-fov4N50H
03-08-2017, 09:06 PM
It's really hard to argue that players shouldn't do "dishonorable" things when the bots are DESIGNED by the devs to do every. single. one. of the things players say is dishonorable.
Bots run from fights when low HP and grab power ups
Bots revive teamates in Elimination
Bots 2v1 3v1 and 4v1
Bots throw people off ledges
the game itself also HEAVILY facilitates cheese tactics. If the devs gave 2 ****s about "honor" then power ups wouldn't exist. feats, revenge mode, and the insane amount of ledges/traps in the game make it obvious that all these "dishonorable" tactics are what the devs want players to do.
"don't hate the player, hate the game" cuase this is how the game was made.

Icetower
03-08-2017, 09:26 PM
Heck, the game tips tell you to use your environment. Like he said ^, the bots do all this stuff. Just because I choose to wait to see if my partner can finish his opponent in 2v2, does not mean that as soon as I get jumped on in a match I don't go for the throat.

m3gas_
03-08-2017, 09:32 PM

No arguments to be made.

Man you should really give Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter a try. They seem a better fit to your gaming mentality. Your core argument pretty much makes For Honor an invalid game for you. Next thing you may ask is doing only 1v1s in CS:GO without bomb plants or while you're at it - that everyone should pick their hero in Overwatch and then take turns to duel it out...

PKUSUB
03-08-2017, 09:39 PM
The way I see it, 2v2, and 4v4 are about the TEAM. u do what u can to help bring ur team closer to victory. Call it dishonorable or whatever, but in any team based mode games, u take advantage of the disadvantages.