PDA

View Full Version : Warlord vs bash + light

ipm204
03-08-2017, 08:29 AM
Ok, I'm a warlord main. From time to time I run into Wardens or Conquerer spamming the shoulder/shield bash followed up with"warden's double light" or "conqueror heavy" while I'm staggered and unable to block. They rinse and repeat. Warlord is kinda slow to dodge and his stamina, let's not go there. I do ok, but they spam combos are frustrating. Any CONSTRUCTIVE suggestions?

Knight_Raime
03-08-2017, 08:32 AM
warlord main? -garbled noises flailing around-

If you headbutt slightly before they start up their unblockable you beat theirs. they stagger harder and lose more stamina.
Other than that your best bet is to throw out an attack quick enough to hit the start up frames of both unblockable attacks.

ipm204
03-08-2017, 08:37 AM
warlord main? -garbled noises flailing around-

If you headbutt slightly before they start up their unblockable you beat theirs. they stagger harder and lose more stamina.
Other than that your best bet is to throw out an attack quick enough to hit the start up frames of both unblockable attacks.

lol Thanks.

De4d_0n_Sight
03-08-2017, 09:00 AM
An OP warlord ist complaining...just lol

ipm204
03-08-2017, 10:23 AM
An OP warlord ist complaining...just lol

Oh no not complaining, asking for tips. I think you need some assistance with your reading there mate. I never once said the Warden or Conquoror were OP, nor did I say they need a nerf. I had a difficult time with a spam technique they used and requested tips here.

Razor__Fox
03-08-2017, 10:54 AM
As a former warlord main, I suggest finding another class because no matter WHAT, you are just going to be called op and garbage etc.

Personally I found that keeping spacing versus other warlords conquerors and wardens is key. warlords only really have a couple of engages which are punishable at range, those being the headbutt, the leap slash and the zone. get a feel for how far the headbutt travels and maintain that distance, when you see it coming in take a half step back and guardbreak. instant free heavy.

Against Conquerors, its all about knowing their capabilities. again, maintain your spacing so you can punish a shield bash, but if you DO get hit with one they can only get a light which has garbage damage. if they try and do the heavy combo then parry it, use all guard or block it and be prepared to either sidestep the followup shield bash or block another heavy. when you sidestep a shield bash DO NOT ATTEMPT TO GUARDBREAK or you will eat the follow up. once you get used to this sequence you can pretty much take no damage from them while they drain their stamina in a vain attempt to hit you. also if they start charging their heavy be ready to all block and heavy attack. its guaranteed if they swing. just be ready in case they cancel into a shield bash.

Wardens get impatient if you keep your guard to the left to block their zone attack. hover outside of their light range and engage with headbutts. it will land faster than their should bash combo can come out. headbutt them multiple times and they will be scared of it, then guardbreak them.