PDA

View Full Version : Bomber wish list

XyZspineZyX
06-28-2003, 02:27 PM
I hope to hope that sometime soon, a patch (probably not in the one we're all waiting for) will enable separate bombardier positions. I'd love to practice more as a bombardier in the He-111 and TB3, but it's darn near impossible to get those things trimmed out straight and level. How about a separate bombardier/copilot? In both bombers, you can see an empty (in the 111) copilot seat, and a copilot (in the TB3) sitting next to you. Why not have a crew position for a copilot/bombardier? If I could let the autopilot fly me towards the target so's I could practice with the bombsights... oh, that'd be great. I don't know if historically either of these airplanes had someone other than the pilot act as bombardiers. Anyone know?

Tim Schuster
8MXS Inspection Section
Kunsan AB, Korea

-Defend the Dock!
-Accept Follow-on Shifts!
-Take the Fight Upstairs!

XyZspineZyX
06-28-2003, 02:27 PM
I hope to hope that sometime soon, a patch (probably not in the one we're all waiting for) will enable separate bombardier positions. I'd love to practice more as a bombardier in the He-111 and TB3, but it's darn near impossible to get those things trimmed out straight and level. How about a separate bombardier/copilot? In both bombers, you can see an empty (in the 111) copilot seat, and a copilot (in the TB3) sitting next to you. Why not have a crew position for a copilot/bombardier? If I could let the autopilot fly me towards the target so's I could practice with the bombsights... oh, that'd be great. I don't know if historically either of these airplanes had someone other than the pilot act as bombardiers. Anyone know?

Tim Schuster
8MXS Inspection Section
Kunsan AB, Korea

-Defend the Dock!

XyZspineZyX
06-28-2003, 09:10 PM
i think the AI piloting should be enabled for multiplayer servers on multiengine aircraft.

In single play, when you switch out of pilots seat, the computer will fly for you (although It may start to go land at some base or something, so a straight/level ai mode (i think it already exists) should be able to take over for you in multiplay so you can actually aim your bombs instead of guessing.

XyZspineZyX
06-28-2003, 09:58 PM
No, unfortunately, the AI autopilot won't take over unless you're in a gunners seat. If you're trying to set up or use the bombsight, you're outta luck. If you try to bomb with AP on, you can't adjust the bombsight, and can't even see the lines and settings!

Tim Schuster
8MXS Inspection Section
Kunsan AB, Korea

-Defend the Dock!

XyZspineZyX
06-29-2003, 03:02 AM
Aardvark892 wrote:
I don't know if historically either of these
- airplanes had someone other than the pilot act as
- bombardiers. Anyone know?

Usualy all bombers(except dive-bombers) have separate crewman actinc as bombardier.
The pilot's only duty was to fly the plane, while the bombardier/ observer was aiming and dropping the bombs.
You could use level stabilizer to keep your plane flying straight while you operate the gunsight, but you hve to align your plane with the target before enabeling it, wich is f****** dificult.
/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

"The show must go on..."

XyZspineZyX
06-29-2003, 05:26 PM
You're right about it being F***ing difficult. My main plane in IL2FB is the He111. Love that big old slow beast. But I'm about to give up on it entirely. It's probably just me, but I can't trim it out to save my life. Let's hope for a fix in the patch, although I'm not holding my breath!

Tim Schuster
8MXS Inspection Section
Kunsan AB, Korea

-Defend the Dock!

Cpt.LoneRanger
06-30-2003, 10:57 AM
Yes, it's really a bit strange, but with the level stabilizers it works. It just takes a lot of practice and you need to aquire the target from quite a distance to correct your heading and sights.

The TB3 has a little advantage in this, as the bombing-sight is more primitive. You can set speed and altitude and fly the plane, using the bombsight as a kind of gunsight /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Well, hope this will be adressed, as more bombers will be flyable and added to the game.

(still hoping for that B17 to come! )

greets
Cpt.LoneRanger

XyZspineZyX
06-30-2003, 11:53 AM
I agree! I wish the pilot and bombdude was seperate!

And level out isnt really level out...mine goes either up,down left,right just a little tho.

Boos16
249th
RSO
http://w1.533.telia.com/~u53306416/249th%2520logo.gif (http://www.simops.com/249th/)

XyZspineZyX
07-02-2003, 10:07 PM
How about this? Dump the TB-3 and let us fly thw Pe-8.