PDA

View Full Version : COMMUNITY OUTREACH: Should Ubisoft Perma-Ban AFK-farmers?

Darizuka
03-08-2017, 05:12 AM
Okay
this is a Poll made for the community to cast their votes
Should Ubisoft be able to permanently ban people who AFK farms?
or Should Ubisoft be able to ban these people more leniently e.g. 1 month ban Everytime they AFK Farm?

What do you think?
are you morally against this? or for this?

lucasnrachel
03-08-2017, 07:41 AM
They do that and 1 of 2 things will happen games will end up in used sections or more accounts will be made. The used section MIGHT get more accounts by way of new players by neither get Ubisoft any $$. It just won't happen that's why they are saying it's up to them and you the person that report it never gets to know what happens. The Division has been out how long and they still can't figure out cheating come on..... There should be programs that find cheaters and ways to actively during a match report them not just at the end of a match. How can you not deploy a hot fix for that it shouldn't even need a console approval it's a menu function.

Blackball8
03-08-2017, 08:09 AM
EA wields the banhammer in Madden and their other sports titles. I never would have thought i would post that ubisoft should take lessons from EA. That should tell you all you need to know about how Ubisoft handles griefing/cheating. If i wasn't clear enough, the division and this title is filled with scumbags that EA would have banned a week ago.

De4d_0n_Sight
03-08-2017, 08:17 AM
As Ubisoft is loosing so many players, the won't punish anyone.

Better an AFK scumbag than nothing...

Banicks
03-08-2017, 08:21 AM
Ubisoft really brought this on themselves by unrealistically and artificially increasing the required amounts of exp. At best this game could be considered casual to enjoyably competitive.

To expect players to complete all dailies, every day, which takes a good 2-4 hours depending on how well the connections are going on the day, is unrealistic.

The reason it was done this way, was to promote sales of Champion status, via Steel, thus microtransactions. ie: They want to make more money.

AFK farmers are only on Ubisoft's radar because it hurts their bottom line. If it was anything else, they would be ignoring the community's requests as always.

I have no doubt that they will permanently ban their accounts after a few infractions, but I voted to leave them be. It doesn't bother me, especially when they're sitting against AI, and it's something everyone can do.

That said, I don't do it myself.

Egotistic_Ez
03-08-2017, 08:23 AM
One warning then a perma-ban seems fair.

As Ubisoft is loosing so many players, the won't punish anyone.

Better an AFK scumbag than nothing...

Not really. AFK farmers won't buy steel, they're farming it after all. And they've already bought the game.

SethUnleashed
03-08-2017, 08:53 AM
Actually i don't see anything wrong with it. They should do it in private lobbies though.
Make a bad system and live with how people circumvent it. Make your game a grind and people will find ways to make it endurable. This is full ob ubisoft.

just because players found a loopwhole doesnt mean abusing it isnt against the rules though.

i think a roll-back for the leechers would be appropriate at this point and after that has been done, give a 1-time warning followed by a perma-ban.

you cant half-*** rule-enforcing... either you do it right, or you dont do it at all.

Darizuka
03-08-2017, 09:43 AM
you also canīt do "hey btw this is actually forbidden and we are adjusting our rules now.. now you get a rollback".

Either you make the rules clear from the beginning or you live with what people come up with. If the best course of strategy is to not play.. then there is something seriously flawed in your overall design.

BTW i am still searching which rules they violate with beeing afk in a full bot match.

^^
Cheating solo/singleplayer = Okay
but doing it in Multiplayer... MULTIPLAYER where there are MULTIPLE PLAYERS that are non-AI is the issue which we all have

CoyoteXStarrk
03-08-2017, 09:48 AM
So it's OK when i turn off matchmaking?

I love how you are coming up with all these excuses to excuse the fact you had to cheat and exploit your way to better gear lol

TheMalakith
03-08-2017, 10:02 AM
I don't really care if the do it, as long as it's in AI only matches. It's anoying to get them in your team.

Darizuka
03-08-2017, 10:09 AM
I don't really care if the do it, as long as it's in AI only matches. It's anoying to get them in your team.

This topic is to refer to those who do it in MULTIPLAYER with Other real players
not AI only.

TheMalakith
03-08-2017, 10:19 AM
This topic is to refer to those who do it in MULTIPLAYER with Other real players
not AI only.

Thats not stated anywhere in your OP.

But yes, I reported several of them as it's anoying, first ban them a few days and after they continue a perma ban is fine IMO.

Gothic_Mando
03-08-2017, 11:22 AM
mm.. wouldnt resetting all their characters give a more direct message? plus it wouldnt hurt the current playerbase numbers. I think reset their characters to level 1 rank 0 first, then only perma-ban if they do it again.

Darizuka
03-08-2017, 04:06 PM
mm.. wouldnt resetting all their characters give a more direct message? plus it wouldnt hurt the current playerbase numbers. I think reset their characters to level 1 rank 0 first, then only perma-ban if they do it again.

reset takes too much effort

Gothic_Mando
03-08-2017, 04:12 PM
reset takes too much effort
Hah. How ironic.

Blackball8
03-08-2017, 09:00 PM
Suprised this thread isn't more active. Why ya think that is???

Darizuka
03-09-2017, 12:11 AM
Hah. How ironic.

they intentionally and knowingly ruin games for others

zide-
03-09-2017, 12:14 AM
There just should be a system that kicks AFK players when they are idle long enough. Simple as that.

Black_Star300
03-09-2017, 12:17 AM
I say no. Remove their progress. As I stated before when this issues arose is that it only bothers me doing contracts vs AI dominion. Other than that let them go. I'm not gonna say for them to do it cuz its their money, but let's face it. Skill isn't going to come from farming. Only gear, but that won't help you in the long run. You'll get revenge faster, but you can still kill a revenge player especially if they don't know how to play their class. I honed my conqueror over the closed beta and open beta and now main game. If you wanna farm then farm. Do you really need to farm though?

Yes, steel is small when you just play, but orders give you tons of XP and steel. Getting to rep 30 is just for getting there with a class you like. Not like you get anything as of now past rep 3 really. Rep 3 you can essentially max out. You can't put a price on skill and these players will get rolled many times over, but honestly just reset their progress if anything.

RetedRacer
03-09-2017, 12:21 AM
Lmao i think your poll is ******ed, no matter how many votes you get you aren't changing Ubisoft Policy.

Turric4n666
03-09-2017, 12:22 AM
There just should be a system that kicks AFK players when they are idle long enough. Simple as that.

there is.. lol and it is countered by.. take a seat..

a rubber band!

RetedRacer
03-09-2017, 12:25 AM
^^
Cheating solo/singleplayer = Okay
but doing it in Multiplayer... MULTIPLAYER where there are MULTIPLE PLAYERS that are non-AI is the issue which we all have

But **** those guys who wanna play PVE they can just deal, not like they have MULTIPLE PLAYERS on a team or anything...

xXl Plan B lXx
03-09-2017, 12:26 AM
It's ****ty when it's facts like this that counter it all. :( LOL

there is.. lol and it is countered by.. take a seat..

a rubber band!

UbiNoty
03-09-2017, 01:15 AM
Hi all,
We're highly sensitive to the fact that this is a problem in the community right now and are currently working towards improved methods of identifying and preventing AFK farming.
You can read our official stance on this here (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1596872-How-we-re-fighting-AFK-Farming).
If you want more information on our: code of conduct (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1571524-Code-of-Conduct) and our sanctioning policies (https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-US/news-community/152-284823-16/our-approach-to-sanctioning-in-for-honor).

As always, you can help us address this issue by reporting players you observe to be AFK farming here (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/Cases/new?template=FHReportBehavior).

Gray360UK
03-09-2017, 01:17 AM
Hi all,
We're highly sensitive to the fact that this is a problem in the community right now and are currently working towards improved methods of identifying and preventing AFK farming.
You can read our official stance on this here (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1596872-How-we-re-fighting-AFK-Farming).
If you want more information on our: code of conduct (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1571524-Code-of-Conduct) and our sanctioning policies (https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-US/news-community/152-284823-16/our-approach-to-sanctioning-in-for-honor).

As always, you can help us address this issue by reporting players you observe to be AFK farming here (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/Cases/new?template=FHReportBehavior).

Just delete the accounts of anyone who goes 2 games in a row with a 0 score. That's a big giveaway ;)

Bob__Gnarly
03-09-2017, 01:28 AM
Thanks Ubi, but the damage is already done. By the time you finally implement an actual fix, all these scrubs will already be decked out in max gear.

Honestly I thought this would've been a priority for you guys, since it would hurt your greedy steel sales. Why would people buy steel when they can just rubber band their controller while they go to school/work?

Vilerin
03-09-2017, 01:29 AM
Hi all,

So sensitive that you have created CTRL+V response for every topic like this.

You have promoted guys that were AFKing all this time with free steel they made breaking others game experience.
Now they have steel and are sure they are ahead of everybody in term of free customization etc because it no longer can be exploited.
And to think that steel is also a Cash currency in the game...

AKDagriZ
03-09-2017, 01:44 AM
Dont need to ban them. Reset their stats and every steel earned in the game.Only leave em with the steel they bought with cash. That will do. For the war asset i dont know if i got this right but i supposedly based on your own perfomance in the previous game.So it might be very little significant.

Darizuka
03-09-2017, 01:54 AM
Hi all,

I bought Steel for the Mythic Set
and lets face it
As a Nobushi performing "Going for a Ride" Execution that is graceful and ends with flower petals from the sky
Even my opponents most of the time would say "Good Fight" because they get a graceful death~

teksuo1
03-09-2017, 01:58 AM
good idea, now they can easily spot those who voted "NEVER!" and investigate :rolleyes:

Darizuka
03-09-2017, 02:00 AM
good idea, now they can easily spot those who voted "NEVER!" and investigate :rolleyes:

4 down..

3,000+ to go...

xHoodieninja86x
03-09-2017, 02:06 AM
not AI only.

I voted never because the poll is idiotically slanted. People who voted instant perma ban are also stupid.

lucasnrachel
03-09-2017, 03:57 AM
Can you explain how Ubisoft is sensitive to this issue when you are only going to slap them on the wrist NEXT week giving them all this time to still do it AND they still keep everything?

You are still making the community report them , so a full team could do it with no ill use you word "sanction". I went into a match and there was 3 circle runners ( the second word I wanted to use something else ). If they had a 4 I wouldn't have the video I have. In less than 2 hours I have 20 names of people exploiting this. It's in your terms of service "abnormally burden, disrupt, slow down and/or hinder the normal functioning of all or part of the Services, or their accessibility to other Users" .

It burdens others that want to enjoy this mode especially when more than one teammate is doing it.

Hi all,

DemarMerka
03-09-2017, 04:17 AM
Few things to consider here...

A. Resetting those who did this will do the exact same thing as a flat out perma-ban. Here is why. If you perma-ban them. Most will leave For Honor. Some may make alternative accounts and come back, but most will quit. If you reset them you need to know, no one is going to grind that out if they didn't have the time or consideration to do it right the first time.

B. Ubisoft is bleeding players because of their poor implementation, poor consideration of the issues and lack of acknowledgment and attention to those issues. They won't ban what remains of their player base once this is actually implemented. I stated in a previous post that this would still be an issue, even after they stated it would no longer be and it is obvious that it still is.

C. Just do what I did. Quit playing the game...be the change you wine about. If everyone buys their games even when it's crap. Plays their game even though it's crap, they don't have to make quality games. But if everyone stops buying their games...maybe...just maybe they will wizen up and start doing the right thing. Maybe is doubtful...but at least you will keep your sanity.

Bob__Gnarly
03-09-2017, 04:42 AM
Few things to consider here...

A. Resetting those who did this will do the exact same thing as a flat out perma-ban. Here is why. If you perma-ban them. Most will leave For Honor. Some may make alternative accounts and come back, but most will quit. If you reset them you need to know, no one is going to grind that out if they didn't have the time or consideration to do it right the first time.

B. Ubisoft is bleeding players because of their poor implementation, poor consideration of the issues and lack of acknowledgment and attention to those issues. They won't ban what remains of their player base once this is actually implemented. I stated in a previous post that this would still be an issue, even after they stated it would no longer be and it is obvious that it still is.

C. Just do what I did. Quit playing the game...be the change you wine about. If everyone buys their games even when it's crap. Plays their game even though it's crap, they don't have to make quality games. But if everyone stops buying their games...maybe...just maybe they will wizen up and start doing the right thing. Maybe is doubtful...but at least you will keep your sanity.

Resetting their exploited accounts would be my choice. I really couldn't care less if they quit playing after that, they're exploiters, do we really want these types of players in the community? If they choose to keep on playing the game as intended, then that's fine too.

It had been ages since I last bought an Ubisoft game, I was hesitant to get this one as well. It'll take game of the year material to win me back after this fiasco. Definitely not buying anything from them in the foreseeable future.

Kannoe15
03-09-2017, 02:50 PM
I love how you are coming up with all these excuses to excuse the fact you had to cheat and exploit your way to better gear lol

To be honest, I don't give a **** about gear. I don't play dominion I generally only play duels and brawls so the gear does not affect the match in anyway other than cosmetic purposes. But when I get 32 steel for playing a dominion match and it costs 7000 ****ing steel for a new ****ing execution then i'm going to do this. I'm sorry but I have other **** I have to do other than spending half of my day farming this game just to get something that looks cool.

fairliedaft
03-09-2017, 06:15 PM
Absolutely, ban them. Nobody should be able to gain an advantage in a competitive game by simply walking away and letting the rewards rack up all day. Especially while the rest of us spend what little time we have actually playing and coming away with less rewards than these scumbags.

I've seen teams where the lowest level character was rep 19 with 108gs and none of them had any idea how to play their character. But that doesn't matter because if you make a single mistake, they just 2 shot you, emote spam for a few seconds before moving on to 2 shot the next person. Meanwhile the rest of us are working hard to scrape together enough steel to upgrade a blade or helmet a couple of times.

So, yeah, ban these fools or give legit players WAY more rewards for actually playing. And I am talking a few hundred steel per match along with half a level of exp so as to even the playing field a bit. Fix it Ubisoft, because you can ban a few players who will never spend real money now or lose a lot of people who will spend money later.

S8Canadian
03-09-2017, 06:34 PM

Yep- I think a reset is enough which should have been in the poll

SangLong524
03-09-2017, 06:41 PM
Not a day gone by that i'm not spared from joining some afk-ers or them hopping in and start afk-ing. There's no feasible way to stop seeing them again. Turn off match making they say, why should I put out for them? I don't give a f*ck about their life, it's none of my business. But when what they do affecting me, then we have a problem.
I've send 2 video proofs to Ubi. Seem like noone give a sh*t, afk-ers or Ubi.
This is a good game, flaws and all, but i won't waste my time putting out for this disgrace. I didn't spend my money to buy this.
I'll go back to grind Grift in Diablo then. At least there's no cheating or exploits at the moment. Let me know when this disgrace is over.

Edit: i'll amend that, i think I'd still play this but PvP Dom. Frankly I think it's excited to play with real people and see them rage but I don't want to deal with people b*tching and rage quitting. I want some peace and cooperation in gutting AI bots.
Rep level hardly reflects one's skill. But steel and gear rewards null the point of actual playing as long as you are there and not getting kicked out. I agree with some people here, XP reward based on performance and gear reward chance based on performance or something else. Not just give out these stuffs for free. Why work if u still get it in the end? I can understand this leeching mentality.

RatedChaotic
03-09-2017, 06:41 PM
Ubi should just add a border heading to all their games.....We allow exploits, cheats and hacks for a limited time without punishment......because thats what they have done in many of their games.

xHoodieninja86x
03-10-2017, 04:24 AM
Can you explain how Ubisoft is sensitive to this issue when you are only going to slap them on the wrist NEXT week giving them all this time to still do it AND they still keep everything?

You are still making the community report them , so a full team could do it with no ill use you word "sanction". I went into a match and there was 3 circle runners ( the second word I wanted to use something else ). If they had a 4 I wouldn't have the video I have. In less than 2 hours I have 20 names of people exploiting this. It's in your terms of service "abnormally burden, disrupt, slow down and/or hinder the normal functioning of all or part of the Services, or their accessibility to other Users" .

It burdens others that want to enjoy this mode especially when more than one teammate is doing it.

A Ban for a few days is more then a Slap on the wrist and continuation will have increase time of Ban.

DemarMerka
03-10-2017, 08:07 AM
Resetting their exploited accounts would be my choice. I really couldn't care less if they quit playing after that, they're exploiters, do we really want these types of players in the community? If they choose to keep on playing the game as intended, then that's fine too.

It had been ages since I last bought an Ubisoft game, I was hesitant to get this one as well. It'll take game of the year material to win me back after this fiasco. Definitely not buying anything from them in the foreseeable future.

True. LOL However, I have already sworn them off all together. Ubisoft is now on the list of companies I will never ever buy from again.