PDA

View Full Version : Please add more counterplay/punishment to side dodge attacks

Oakleaf__Ranger
03-07-2017, 10:49 PM
It limits aggressive play way too much while being low risk against anyone who can't preform the same maneuver with the exceptions being warlord and Conquer due their unique block mechanic. I don't know if the tracking on the ability needs to be made weaker or the timing to use it be smaller but it needs some kind of weakness besides parries or else I feel like I'm always stuck playing defense against anyone who has this mechanic when I don't.

Monster_Boys
03-08-2017, 01:09 AM
Try playing lawbringer against a good assassin. your moves are all so slow you can do any entire fight with out hitting one

xXl Plan B lXx
03-08-2017, 01:14 AM
Question. Could you provide an example of what you're referring to?

It limits aggressive play way too much while being low risk against anyone who can't preform the same maneuver with the exceptions being warlord and Conquer due their unique block mechanic. I don't know if the tracking on the ability needs to be made weaker or the timing to use it be smaller but it needs some kind of weakness besides parries or else I feel like I'm always stuck playing defense against anyone who has this mechanic when I don't.

Alamil
03-08-2017, 02:51 AM
Do you know there is a perma free gn on dodge? Just feint a heavy interrupt gb

Egotistic_Ez
03-08-2017, 03:30 AM
Do you know there is a perma free gn on dodge? Just feint a heavy interrupt gb

You can't gb an attack dodge from the assassins since it counts as an attack. There MAY be a tiny window at the start where you can, but if you're feinting to bait them into the dodge you won't be able to take advantage of it.

BadgerBadger25
03-08-2017, 03:54 AM
Yes it can be really annoying having someone dodge to the side everytime you want to attack, but if you play it patiently and wait for it, these kinds of players will usually do a dodge attack sooner or later meaning a free parry for you, just keep a cool head.

CoyoteXStarrk
03-08-2017, 03:58 AM
Will people EVER stop complaining about assassins being fast?

THAT.

IS.

THE.

POINT.

They are MEANT to be fast.

They are MEANT to dip and dunk you.

They are MEANT to get around your guard.

They are MEANT to be hard to hit.

Otherwise there is LITERALLY no point in using them if you make they just as easy to hit as the big guys.

Egotistic_Ez
03-08-2017, 04:14 AM
Will people EVER stop complaining about assassins being fast?

THAT.

IS.

THE.

POINT.

They are MEANT to be fast.

They are MEANT to dip and dunk you.

They are MEANT to get around your guard.

They are MEANT to be hard to hit.

Otherwise there is LITERALLY no point in using them if you make they just as easy to hit as the big guys.

You're confusing fast with mechanically broken. If I, as a slow raider, bait you into doing something I should then get to punish (or attempt to punish) you for your failure. However, due to wonky mechanics surrounding dodge attacks and guard stance switching this is rarely the case.

You aren't outplaying two handed heroes with your assassin speed, you're just taking advantage of a broken game.

jezpida
03-08-2017, 04:21 AM
there is a thing called a parry. side dodge attacks are not even used at high mmr anymore since its easily punishable.... get good and stop complaining

Oakleaf__Ranger
03-08-2017, 04:42 AM
sry couldn't find a gif to show you but the input (which is the same for everyone who can do it but PK who uses a heavy version but still just as fast) is side dodge light. Kensei can also do it but theirs is noticeable slower.

Oakleaf__Ranger
03-08-2017, 04:57 AM
sometimes you can get the GB as they are attempting to do it but that's because you probably initiated the GB quite a bit before they started the side dodge attack plus you can wait a bit as your dodging to use the attack part during the dodge. Usually I don't have too but its makes it even disgusting to play against when the other person is actively trying to read it. Basically since my opponent doesn't see the side dodge attack animation immediately as I'm dodging a lot let their focus down and try to get ready for next part when reality I just wait a bit to "commit" to the attack part. IDK if that's a bug or what but I sure as hell am utilizing it to make the maneuver even more awful/boring to play against. The window to use a GB on someone who is doing this is extremely small as I never gotten a GB purposely against someone who attempting this pseudo dodge feint attack.

Oakleaf__Ranger
03-08-2017, 05:08 AM
I know...

I have learned more or less how to play against someone who just spams it but like I said, it leads to boring gameplay and mostly being stuck on defense the whole match/round. I rarely bother trying to do anything but just 1 light attack/GB's since anything more can be easily punished by a dodge side attack. Which if I haven't emphasized yet is EXTREMELY BORING gameplay. Yes I try to go for parries I am not always in a position where that is an option. Plus it can very brutal to play against when its not just someone spamming side dodge attacks but is always ready to throw it out.

Oakleaf__Ranger
03-08-2017, 05:13 AM
Oh you mean where most of the heroes who are played have an answer to the mechanic or can use it themselves? Sry if I didn't mention that in my original post. Time for me to get good and learn to read.

YutoJW
03-08-2017, 05:14 AM
all the people that said stop complain it's because they're using a PK or orochi, seriously.
I'm playing against a friend of mine and I can manage (or win) every class except of these two, same for the duel.
People said just be cool and u can manage, it's not true.
I play lawbringer and against a PK (specially) I have to be perfect in every single movement and still I can't be perfect.
I can just hit some light strike, but I mean all the not blocking hit that is the core of this class it's totally useless because assassins can dodge so easily.
Stop saying the opposite this game at the moment (concerning these aspect) is broken and not balance