PDA

View Full Version : Tired of seeing SS and nazi symbols on emblems

senorvarga
03-07-2017, 10:02 PM
Do what overwatch does and remove custom emblems. Don't give the trolls more tools. It's ruining the game, I don't want to play with anybody who has an emblem like this. And make it easier to report bad emblems and quit before the game starts. Right now I have to sit in a multiplayer lobby for minutes until I can report and find another game.

secrecy274
03-07-2017, 10:14 PM
Newly made account... an alt perhaps?

senorvarga
03-07-2017, 10:20 PM
Newly made account... an alt perhaps?

I played the division when it came out, so this account is not new despite having a single post. Seeing nazi symbolism in my games pissed me off enough to make my first forum post.

secrecy274
03-07-2017, 10:23 PM
I played the division when it came out, so this account is not new despite having a single post. Seeing nazi symbolism in my games pissed me off enough to make my first forum post.

It says "Join Date: Mar 2017"

It's new.

Xynrex
03-07-2017, 10:29 PM
Its not ruining the game.

Its ruining your game experience maybe, but not mine.

Report them and be done with it. Not that hard.

senorvarga
03-07-2017, 10:29 PM
It says "Join Date: Mar 2017"

It's new.

What's your point? It's new because I haven't posted to ubisoft forums before today. I have no alternate ubisoft accounts. Devs, please allow people to report others and leave matchmaking before the match begins when you don't wish to play with a trolling asshat.

mammakamelen
03-07-2017, 10:32 PM
You lied to us senior!

Rhamez
03-07-2017, 11:07 PM
Do what overwatch does and remove custom emblems. Don't give the trolls more tools. It's ruining the game, I don't want to play with anybody who has an emblem like this. And make it easier to report bad emblems and quit before the game starts. Right now I have to sit in a multiplayer lobby for minutes until I can report and find another game.

If you honestly are bothered that much by that you need to get some thicker skin. Your reaction is exactly what these people are looking to get. They aren't actual nazis, they are trolls. By overreacting like this (and yes, you ARE overreacting) you are doing nothing but feeding them. Just because it's distasteful doesn't mean it's some horribly illegal act. Reporting them is one thing, but complaining you have to wait mere minutes to quit the match because they have a symbol that you find offensive? Get over yourself.

Raven-Mad
03-07-2017, 11:26 PM
I guess I'll be "that" guy... If you're so sensitive to something that happened over half a century ago, there's something wrong. Many, many symbols have been used by people who have done wrong and/or committed genocide. Communists committed genocides (Mao's and Stalin's purges of political enemies and persecution of Christianity/religion), yet I don't see anyone complaining about the hammer and sickles or the 5 starred red flag. Crusaders flew under the banner of the cross as they committed atrocities, but the Cross is accepted? Or is it not?. The crescent and star are fine, even though there's the Armenian genocide and terrorism? You're presumably fine with the Japanese flag even though they killed over 10 million Chinese in the most brutal ways imaginable?

If you can't enjoy a game because you see a symbol, perhaps the fault doesn't lie with the symbol or the game. You'd be better suited, I think, accommodating to the world you live in, than forcing it to accommodate to you. In other words, perhaps just toughen up instead of limited our freedoms? This isn't to say no emblems should be disallowed, but rather than removing customizable emblems as a whole sounds reactionary and selfish.

senorvarga
03-07-2017, 11:32 PM
If you honestly are bothered that much by that you need to get some thicker skin. Your reaction is exactly what these people are looking to get. They aren't actual nazis, they are trolls. By overreacting like this (and yes, you ARE overreacting) you are doing nothing but feeding them. Just because it's distasteful doesn't mean it's some horribly illegal act. Reporting them is one thing, but complaining you have to wait mere minutes to quit the match because they have a symbol that you find offensive? Get over yourself.

My skin is plenty thick. I'd have to be braindead and ignorant of history to tolerate nazi trash. Trolls don't deserve your defense, and trolls who employ nazi symbolism are worse than trash. They may use this trash just to piss people off, but that doesn't make the use of nazi symbolism okay or even slightly tolerable. Describing nazi symbolism as something "I" find offensive is telling only half the story -- rather nazi symbolism is objectively offensive to polite society. The very existence of nazi symbolism is half the reason you can report offensive emblems.

Devs, nazi symbolism is ruining my game experience. I shouldn't continue to be matched with people with emblems i've already reported. How can your emblem editor just allow nazi symbolism?

secrecy274
03-07-2017, 11:35 PM
My skin is plenty thick. I'd have to be braindead and ignorant of history to tolerate nazi trash. Trolls don't deserve your defense, and trolls who employ nazi symbolism are worse than trash. They may use this trash just to piss people off, but that doesn't make the use of nazi symbolism okay or even slightly tolerable. Describing nazi symbolism as something "I" find offensive is telling only half the story -- rather nazi symbolism is objectively offensive to polite society. The very existence of nazi symbolism is half the reason you can report offensive emblems.

Devs, nazi symbolism is ruining my game experience. I shouldn't continue to be matched with people with emblems i've already reported. How can your emblem editor just allow nazi symbolism?

Man, your skin is paper thin.

And you sound suspiciously like another poster here...
New account, spews the same crap in the same way... the puzzle pieces are falling in place.

senorvarga
03-07-2017, 11:35 PM
There is already a report function. No need for the 100th topic how bad nazis are. And no, you will not be able to chose who you play. Otherwise people would disconnect to the thousands when they see higher gear scores. That happened to Evolve and it was no fun playing this game in matchmaking.

I'm glad to hear this is the 100th topic on this. I would like something substantive to be done on this. When I play overwatch, I don't have to look at nazi emblems.

Waynedetta40k
03-07-2017, 11:38 PM
I'm glad to hear this is the 100th topic on this. I would like something substantive to be done on this. When I play overwatch, I don't have to look at nazi emblems.

Have not seen any in 100 hours.
Ur a troll.

ErectedBeard
03-07-2017, 11:42 PM
havent seen one either.the problem with lying kids now day

Xynrex
03-07-2017, 11:43 PM
Whats to discuss here?

Custom emblems are great - they should and they will stay.

If you rage the minute you see a nazi symbol - you should see a psychiatrist.

There is a report option for offensive emblems and that is enough,

Reign
03-08-2017, 12:20 AM
The Nazi stuff is dumb I agree but how about you worry about real current issues or better yet do something about them. Feed the homeless, rescue an animal, f*ck anything that is a real issue. Not just being a snowflake social justice warrior from your couch about a stupid emblem in a video game.

wasp_no71
03-08-2017, 12:23 AM

you are embodiment of what is wrong with reckless censorship just because it 'hurts muh feelings', i guess you have problems with reading/watching history books/movies about ww2 just because of nazi and sh.it so we should ban that too, right?... pathetic, and you focusing ONLY on perpetrations of ww2 shows how uneducated you are, like others pointed previously, there were far more and far greater tragedies in human history you seem to not care at all just because you have no knowledge of it it seems. And no, you are far from having 'thick' skin for anything if it takes so little to infuriate you, how the *** you are able to surf internet is beyond me since there are far worse things around and you focus on something so petty its laughable. Get out of under your safety umbrella or become troll fodder until you snap, real world rules with its own laws.

forrest0755
03-08-2017, 12:29 AM
Is it annoying? Yes. I wouldnt call it game breaking. Whenever i see someone with a swastika, I make sure to troll them as hard as possible. Will constantly throw them off ledges if they are on the other team. If they are on my team, I will mess with them still. Once was at citadel gate, playing as a shugoki. My teamamte decided it would be funny if he had a big swastika on his back. So while he was on the narrow bridge near what is zone a in dominion. I did the charge thing, tossing him off the side. Did that every chance I got. I dont play with NAzi's. Just wait to report them, and mess with them during game if you can.

Sirrkas
03-08-2017, 12:32 AM
Have not seen any in 100 hours.
Ur a troll.

I have seen about 2 or 3 so far. One was pretty clearly meant to be the nazi flag, with the swastika, a white circle and red ground.

xXl Plan B lXx
03-08-2017, 12:35 AM
I have played 200 games. I would assume that somewhere in there I've probably been in about 400 - 500 game lobbies since my DC rate is pretty high right now. In those lobbies I've seen 1 .... 1 Inappropriate emblem which was a male body part. I reported it. Then went back to playing my game.

It amazes me that the OP is running around here talking about how the emblem someone has is ruining their gaming experience.

Really? I'd like for you to explain how that emblem has ruined your gaming experience specifically.

UbiJurassic
03-08-2017, 12:39 AM
We understand and agree that offensive emblems have no place in For Honor. The best way to make sure these emblems do not appear in future games is to report the players (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1571526-How-to-report-bad-behaviour) who made them. While everyone is open to discuss this topic in a constructive fashion, there is no need for people to make accusations or to flame other forums users for their opinions. We'll be closing this thread.