PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft pay attention to your fans or your game will DIE

Lezllo
03-07-2017, 08:07 PM
As someone who had very high hopes for the game I feel let down at the execution of this game. Hate seeing games have amazing ideas but not a good follow through so here is my list of things I find bad in this game.

1. Ledges- No matter how you put it it is clear the devs want to see people falling off the map A LOT. Many may argue the fact that map awareness needs to be thrown into play but in a situation where an objective or area has ledges all around you and your opponent refuses to fight anywhere else what can you do? Counter guard break is a viable option but what about unblockables or just simply getting hit and tip toeing off.

2. Revenge- I don't necessary have a HUGE problem with it but it is somewhat of an game breaker. The amount of bonuses you get from it are absurd. You get knock down on throws and parrys, damage buff, defense buff, uninterruptible attacks, Unlimited Stamina, Health Shield, and knock downs on anyone who attacks you within it's activation animation which is about 1.5-2 secs long. Then to add the ability to amplify all that with gear stats and no gear score matchmaking is how you kill the immersion and fun of a game.

3. Heavy classes and Defense- Right now at high level play defensive play is the best tactic to use and with characters like Warlord and Conq that can take FULL advantage of that you find yourself in a duel with a conq who can counter guard break, parry, and easily predict your feints. It leaves you in a situation with little to no opportunities. I see it as heavy classes have no downfall for them being heavies... Not slower in running, each one has an unblockable and uninterruptible, and can take FULL advantage of the excessive ledges in this game.

4. PvP Connection- Don't need to say much about this it's crap.

5. Guard break- PLEASE get a set timing on it already because reverting back and forth throws off timings and forces players to have to go against muscle memory just to get back on track which leads to dealing with spam and ledges again.Would like a 1.5 or 2 sec cool down but you know lets just have little to no cost for easily the most powerful move in this game.

massive02
03-07-2017, 08:12 PM
they are already looking into revenge stacking, which means it'll trigger less often especially in 1v1 fights.

Gear stats are also getting a bit of a nerf.

Warlord is already on the chopping block for a nerf. Also they have already stated they want to make defensive play less safe.

RatedChaotic
03-07-2017, 08:52 PM
Why 2 of the same threads?

Kharneth88
03-07-2017, 08:53 PM
Why 2 of the same threads?

They aren't the same, can't you read?

This one is about how the game will die. The other one is about how it's DIEING. Duh.

m3gas_
03-07-2017, 09:14 PM
As someone who had very high hopes for the game I feel let down at the execution of this game. Hate seeing games have amazing ideas but not a good follow through so here is my list of things I find bad in this game.

1. Ledges- No matter how you put it it is clear the devs want to see people falling off the map A LOT. Many may argue the fact that map awareness needs to be thrown into play but in a situation where an objective or area has ledges all around you and your opponent refuses to fight anywhere else what can you do? Counter guard break is a viable option but what about unblockables or just simply getting hit and tip toeing off.

2. Revenge- I don't necessary have a HUGE problem with it but it is somewhat of an game breaker. The amount of bonuses you get from it are absurd. You get knock down on throws and parrys, damage buff, defense buff, uninterruptible attacks, Unlimited Stamina, Health Shield, and knock downs on anyone who attacks you within it's activation animation which is about 1.5-2 secs long. Then to add the ability to amplify all that with gear stats and no gear score matchmaking is how you kill the immersion and fun of a game.

3. Heavy classes and Defense- Right now at high level play defensive play is the best tactic to use and with characters like Warlord and Conq that can take FULL advantage of that you find yourself in a duel with a conq who can counter guard break, parry, and easily predict your feints. It leaves you in a situation with little to no opportunities. I see it as heavy classes have no downfall for them being heavies... Not slower in running, each one has an unblockable and uninterruptible, and can take FULL advantage of the excessive ledges in this game.

4. PvP Connection- Don't need to say much about this it's crap.

5. Guard break- PLEASE get a set timing on it already because reverting back and forth throws off timings and forces players to have to go against muscle memory just to get back on track which leads to dealing with spam and ledges again.Would like a 1.5 or 2 sec cool down but you know lets just have little to no cost for easily the most powerful move in this game.

Sooooo except for the P2P point, how do you imagine removing all this will bring the game "back to life" (since the game is not even CLOSE to dying) and not just transform it into a bad "Mortal Kombat with swords" type of bull**it ?!

mammakamelen
03-07-2017, 09:52 PM
http://steamcharts.com/app/304390#All

It's actually reaching new lows everyday now. Down from the opening weekend is perfectly normal. But a steady decline right after release can (not saying is ALWAYS) be a sign that they are loosing players at a higher rate than usual. If you compare the last two sundays for example, the playerbase is down by about 30%.

Lezllo
03-11-2017, 09:45 PM
Sooooo except for the P2P point, how do you imagine removing all this will bring the game "back to life" (since the game is not even CLOSE to dying) and not just transform it into a bad "Mortal Kombat with swords" type of bull**it ?!

Who said anything about removing? I'm stating problems the game has and the game is DYING look at the statistics! They don't even show you how many players are online anymore because it's dropping so fast. This game needs to be hard and not respect noobs like you who find games like MKX hard because it's all player skill and awareness and not just abusing an overpowered char

m3gas_
03-11-2017, 10:54 PM
Who said anything about removing? I'm stating problems the game has and the game is DYING look at the statistics! They don't even show you how many players are online anymore because it's dropping so fast. This game needs to be hard and not respect noobs like you who find games like MKX hard because it's all player skill and awareness and not just abusing an overpowered char

Dude the fact that you outright insulted me as part of your argument when I was simply asking a question has just completely delegitemized any of your previous of future opinions in my eyes. So please don't bother to reply.
I'll still respond to your "solid" point tho.
The only reason I actually bought For Honor is because it promissed to be HARD and not a "I swing at you, then you swing at me 'till one of us dies" type of game.
I completely agree that there are some serious issues - like the fact that every Rep 5-6+ conq has gotten to the point where they all try to connect the first bash 'cause they know they can then cheese out 80% of opponent health on sheer muscule memory with maybe one or two moves in the entire roster of chars that can stop it.
Or the fact that a PC that actually knows all her moves properly can carry whole matches with no sweat. And that's before the revenge (non-stop zone attack anyone?)...
Or the sutation with the "block 3 times, activate Revenge, profit" s*it that has maybe turned off the most people. Hell, even I am at this point...
The P2P connection cannot and will not be removed. Simple as that. However improvements shoud be made to it like yesterday at this point.. The other turn-off.

Other than that the game SHOULD be hard. And it actually should hold "noobs" by the hand even a bit more while they're learning it just 'cause it's hard. There should be strong defence tactics! There should be ledges and all that stuff that take For Honor appart from the others! ALL aspects of it have a place in!!
Game's not dying as you put it, but it sure will if they "fix" the things that make it what it is...