PDA

View Full Version : the new skirmish order: 8 kills without dying is total bs

Burn-The-Sinner
03-07-2017, 02:14 PM
I had my suspicions, but wasn't quite sure until now. With this order I'm certain that ubisoft is simply trolling us.

Why are we being trolled?!

Plutonium Bug
03-07-2017, 02:28 PM
vs AI..... so are you trolling us?

Kelson27
03-07-2017, 02:29 PM
It is doable, but yeah... This definitely felt like a good way to make the game less fun and more chore. One day I hope devs realize the grind is not fun... The reward is. I wouldn't mind if those bonuses were something more akin to "complete 25 parries" or some such thing. Then we'd be making progress and playing whatever mode we like for example. There's better ways.

Gray360UK
03-07-2017, 02:31 PM
I've gone 18-0 vs AI, so I'm sure it's doable.
Sadly in that match I didn't have it equipped.
In the matches I did, I typically died at 7 or got an Error or some of them weren't credited to me as a kill, because I didn't get the last hit.
It is probably the most frustrating Order of them all, don't get me wrong, but i'm sure many people have completed it.

RicWalker525
03-07-2017, 02:41 PM
With the orochi its kind of easy. Just equipp with Kunai and Bow and trap and land the finishing blows. Stick to allys and trade the finishings with quick attack. the AI dies revivable and just def that corpse. Because AI will always go for revives. thats why i always place an trap over the bodys and finish the BOT that came.

Sure thing it will piss the other players if you are getting "Godlike" (7 killstreak if i am correct) by killstealing, but versus AI its okay for me. Versus other players i respect duels too much and try not to play too dishonorable.

Egotistic_Ez
03-07-2017, 02:45 PM
VS AI it's piss easy, vs players you either have to be placed in a terribly balanced match (good thing the matchmaker is quite happy to accommodate) or just tap and run and hope your allies take the hits.

Genocrus
03-07-2017, 02:46 PM
It's not vs AI though, this is a pretty ridiculous requirement for an order.http://i.imgur.com/MfAyA4D.png

Plutonium Bug
03-07-2017, 02:47 PM
I have it vs AI on Xbox

Burn-The-Sinner
03-07-2017, 02:48 PM
I have it vs AI on Xbox

well **** my life.

what a company this ubisoft thing is.

lol

Gray360UK
03-07-2017, 02:59 PM
Damn, my experience was only vs AI ... if they have made it vs Players too ... screw that.

Just realise though, you will get far more than 1500 XP and 100 Steel if you just play a few games, so don't lose focus on that just because 'reward' or 'must do all Orders'

You'll have far more fun just playing a few of the modes you actually enjoy to earn that XP and that Steel than trying to do this Order.
It's not like you can show off that you completed it in game with a medal or anything, no one knows.

xXl Plan B lXx
03-07-2017, 03:09 PM
That one's pretty damned hard. It's about your match you're in. Best bet is to team up with a heavy and just finish off 8 dudes.

It's not vs AI though, this is a pretty ridiculous requirement for an order.

Genocrus
03-07-2017, 03:12 PM
You'll have far more fun just playing a few of the modes you actually enjoy to earn that XP and that Steel than trying to do this Order.
It's not like you can show off that you completed it in game with a medal or anything, no one knows.

But the problem is that the order wastes a slot.

DarkRyu2503
03-07-2017, 03:16 PM
Sometimes I really ask myself if the developer actually played/tested their own game before releasing it. This kind of order is just frustrating. Its sad, because they do lots of things to screw up their playerbase...
For Honor in its core is a very nice game and I really enjoy playing it. But all the things surrounding it ruins the fun factor. Server instability, matchmaking, class balance, "not well thought" orders...
Its sad, I got some friends who are interested in this game and asked for my advice, but I actually cant recommend them buying it withough having the feeling that I would cheat on them.

Plutonium Bug
03-07-2017, 03:16 PM
I like skirmish but I think I will let that one slip when I comes up vs Players

Gray360UK
03-07-2017, 03:23 PM
But the problem is that the order wastes a slot.

Not really, you're looking at it wrong.
The Order gives 1500 XP and 100 Steel, right?
So does what, 5 games of Dominion?
So in the time it would take you to complete the Order, maybe 20 games ... you would have far more XP and Steel than the Order would ever have given you.
So ignore that slot, play games to the sum of 1500 XP and 100 Steel and you've done it.
You don't lose anything really.
Not like the Order gives you something special you can't get yourself, and you can get it yourself faster, in this case.

Plutonium Bug
03-07-2017, 03:26 PM
Not really, you're looking at it wrong.
The Order gives 1500 XP and 100 Steel, right?
So does what, 5 games of Dominion?

And what about the 20 games of skirmish + the order?? :P

Scoregasms2286
03-07-2017, 03:39 PM

LOL yes, this comment

Fuqbois
03-07-2017, 05:13 PM
At least you guys can try to do it, my matchmaking just doesn't find a game, even with green NAT and very active skirmish queue.

Ubisoft is faking this "ALL REGIONS", its not all regions.

Burn-The-Sinner
03-07-2017, 05:34 PM
At least you guys can try to do it, my matchmaking just doesn't find a game, even with green NAT and very active skirmish queue.

Ubisoft is faking this "ALL REGIONS", its not all regions.

yeah... you're trolling as well :D This is skirmish, yo, the most obnoxious mode on the planet.

Munktor
03-07-2017, 05:48 PM
It was rough, but not too difficult to accomplish.

In truth, if you can be the first to get the 5 stars pickup in skirmish (the one that maxes your feats for a duration) you should be able to get a few quick takedowns from that alone.

Not saying it's easy, it's definitely one of the tougher ones to do, especially when you consider most of them are a complete cake-walk that require nearly zero effort only time.

Burn-The-Sinner
03-07-2017, 06:10 PM
It was rough, but not too difficult to accomplish.

In truth, if you can be the first to get the 5 stars pickup in skirmish (the one that maxes your feats for a duration) you should be able to get a few quick takedowns from that alone.

Not saying it's easy, it's definitely one of the tougher ones to do, especially when you consider most of them are a complete cake-walk that require nearly zero effort only time.

Don't get me wrong, i don't shy away from tough. This is not tough, this is obnoxious - you are reliant on how well the other players perform on your team and how worse your enemy is, which means you need to have luck to paired with the right people against the right enemy.

It would have been tough and very interesting if it was DUEL, which we had several days back, and that order was great, really liked it. But this...

Munktor
03-07-2017, 06:14 PM
Don't get me wrong, i don't shy away from tough. This is not tough, this is obnoxious - you are reliant on how well the other players perform on your team and how worse your enemy is, which means you need to have luck to paired with the right people against the right enemy.

It would have been tough and very interesting if it was DUEL, which we had several days back, and that order was great, really liked it. But this...

I agree, a lot of it depends on getting some bad enemies.

Or, you have to become a kill-stealer and just snag that last hit then run away and bait another =)

RenfieldX
03-07-2017, 06:39 PM
It's not too bad against the AI, but definitely one of the harder orders. Had the same one earlier this week on PS4 for PvP; now that's truly a pain.

5-6 kills without dying would be more reasonable IMO. Maybe change it to 'Get 2 kills streaks of 5 or more in 4v4 match types'

Brunn_MgAmadd
03-08-2017, 10:33 AM
its like they want us to get bored with the game faster....
cant really understand this devs... :|

Banicks
03-08-2017, 10:39 AM

Actually two days in a row now it's PvP.

I don't even bother. Skirmish first of all is the worst networking stability-wise. Second, I ****ing hate the game mode. Thirdly, 8 killing blows without dying was hard enough against AI.

ryan4321
03-08-2017, 10:43 AM
i went 18 n 0 earlier against humans it can be done

Plutonium Bug
03-08-2017, 12:05 PM
I got the perfect cheese for this lol. You need a partner tho. One person take what ever char you want the other take Shugoki. best with 2 Shugoki's and 2 normal characters. stay together normal character goes in first engage an opponent when he is focussed walk around with shugoki -> Demon grab from behind (very hard to miss if he is engaged) and the other person just top heavy on the shugoki and he gets the kill. keep doing this till 8 kills in a row. P.S stay close to the health buff shugoki can die as it is for the other person. Easy cheese and lame but much more doable like this lol.

Deuz_Vult
03-08-2017, 12:49 PM
I went 13-0 first game, but didn't get the order complete.. Then i realised it has to be 8 lasthits not just takedowns, after that didn't try again, just cba not worth, rather have fun in 1v1 and 2v2s

Obdach01
03-08-2017, 01:08 PM
It's not vs AI though, this is a pretty ridiculous requirement for an order.http://i.imgur.com/MfAyA4D.png

OK.. now I see. It also says 'killing streak'. All you have to do is pair as a two man team and kill 8 toons without dying... after that, you can die 20 times. It's not easy, but it doable when you have a partner.

corazondedelfin
03-08-2017, 01:36 PM
Hello guys, I completed the order in around 8 tries.

This daily order really pissed me off, because (I must say im a cool player) you can beat 6 if you are a good player. but to reach 8 your teammates cant be as good as you are or they will steal some kills as some of them will be trying the same, plus the enemies cant be organized so they dont gank on you so hard. Actually, I did this challenge twice, but the first one I was literally in a 12 killstreak and the game got disconnected!! This game is really broken with connections, and It makes me sad, cause the idea of this videogame was really good, but Ubisoft did really bad things again, like in the time when a critical bug ruined my Far Cry 4 save ( I was dieing everytime I loaded the game under the water, like a "death checkpoint" lol) and that happened exactly 1 year ago; I really hope one day Ubisoft dedicates more resources to actually make work the videogame they want to sell, because I can promise I won't be getting again an Ubisoft game.

Now, about the order we are talking here, using a cheap tactic like some of you said is nasty to get it, you should instead play normally giving your best. I did it by myself with my samurai orochi fighting normally, but the enemy team wasnt organized, so I was hunting them down one by one. I actually got cornered too and all of them came in a row against me, in the top of the japanese tower map. I recorded it and It was pretty cool, cause they started chasing me at some point in the match and I started to play the best I could play with my low level gear killing them all. It looked like somekind of film, I dont know, maybe I will upload it to mediafire and post the link here so you guys can see it.

Tips for whoever wants to do this challenge:
- Dont fight against enemies level 108 all of them
- Take some boosters sometimes when you are close (dont take them all, your team has to play too and if they all die you will be ganked)
- Equip somekind of range attack like a bow (I used just arrow storm)
- Fight 1/2 players same time maximum, if they are more dont let yourself ganked, run away!
- Vote for a map where you can divide the enemies, dont play in a hell of an open field, you only need 8 kills, not 12301203222999, so go counting one by one.
- Dont try this if you dont consider yourself a good player (if you are gear 108 you can do it even if you are not so good)

If you want me to upload the video and put it in this thread, just let me know, It was really really cool, like in a film: "Samurai in the Rising Sun" or something like that, I actually Im watching my match in the PS4 video player right now haha :)

MeArney
03-08-2017, 02:25 PM
Vs AI is easy, just go for boosts. They´re there for a reason. Then there is Vs. player, which is a little trickier. Revenge gear is almost a must have and I suggest a defensive playstyle and oce again BOOSTS!

I got the Honor kill thing and PvP 8 streak in the same game earlier this week w/ my Valk (the health of a paper, the damage of a wet noodle) , so I suggest you just get up on that horse again and go for it.

I would actually adore the idea of them adding cosmetics as rewards for the harder contracts.

The_B0G_
03-08-2017, 02:36 PM
An assist is considered a takedown as well, it is hard but it's not as hard as it sounds. The easiest way to get it is stick to one group of 4 and just gang bang everyone.

Gray360UK
03-08-2017, 02:46 PM
An assist is considered a takedown as well, it is hard but it's not as hard as it sounds. The easiest way to get it is stick to one group of 4 and just gang bang everyone.

Not for this Order. It has to be kills, not takedowns or assists, you have to get the killing blow.

Burn-The-Sinner
03-10-2017, 06:00 PM
Just to make things clear. Actually completed this order just now. It seems that the no-deaths rule applies only during the 8-in-a-row kills, not the whole match. So... kind of a "instructions unclear, ***** stuck in wall socket" situation. Or i should l2r

And just leaving my obligatory message in every skirmish-related thread i see: "remove skirmish, replace it with guild vs guild, i.e. force structured 4vs4"

KarleBoy
03-10-2017, 06:12 PM
Just want to add,
some of the orders' objectives are really killing the game and the whole playerbase.

When the objectives alter something a player act in a game mode, like,
kill 300 soldiers in Dominion, you will run into games with your whole team camping at enemy base, fighting among each others for the kill,
now even someone who decides to ignore the Order has his game ruined.

Overall, Orders about:
Win/complete a specific game mode - good
Do something special in a game mode you don't normally do - grinding task for the Order doer, ruins other players who don't care about completing that Order as well.

And what we get from completing such Order at max? 1500xp, 100 steel, 95% unhappy players.