PDA

View Full Version : Game Crahses at boot

Rimaki
03-07-2017, 07:00 AM
Installed the game on my Xbox One S plays past the Ubisoft logo. Hits a black screen and dies no one else I know has this issue it cant just be me. Has anyone had the issue and fixed it? Talk about a big let down on the day it came out. :nonchalance:

aMajor_Stiffy
03-07-2017, 07:08 AM
I have the same exact thing happen to me . I contacted ubi support told me that they can't do anything right now and go wait . They sent my claim to the development team . Still $125 for a game that doesn't even load pass the logo kind of a huge let down .

Rimaki
03-07-2017, 07:12 AM
I knew I shouldnt of bought the game if the beta was not loading. This is ridiculous that is what the beta testing was for. To fix those problems. Im so glad I didnt spend more than sixty on this game. It looks fantastic dont get me wrong ,but this issue is just a major kick to the nards after spending the money.

aMajor_Stiffy
03-07-2017, 07:24 AM
I got to play 15 mins in the open beta but then I had work so I got off for the night. The next day I tried booting it up and it didn't work. I figured it was just the beta . Guess I was wrong . Hopefully ubisoft finds a way to fix it or that's $125 CDN down the drain .

Rimaki
03-07-2017, 07:32 AM
By chance is your xbox a Xbox One S Gears of War4 edition? Thats the console I have going ,but only has an issue with this game. My friends are convinced its my xbox ,and I refuse to believe this issue is due to hardware inside. Im re-installing the game to my internal storage instead of my external to see if that fixes it. Similar issue on the computer with the game not being on the OS drive caused it to crash on the computer users.

aMajor_Stiffy
03-07-2017, 07:48 AM
Nope its an all blue xbox one s I just moved it from my external to my internal still has the same issue for me .

Rimaki
03-07-2017, 07:52 AM
Jeez. I might just return it in a couple days and put it towards Mass Effect Andromeda I dont really need $60.00 becoming a doorstop. The game itself would be useless if I cant get to the menu screen and based on how they handled this with the beta I am not confident this will be "profitable" for them much like other games such as Rainbow Six Siege issues that weren't "profitable." Though I am not sure how big the issue is. Seeing I am one out of my 10 friends seems to be an issue out of every ten people I dont know.

aMajor_Stiffy
03-07-2017, 07:56 AM
Jeez. I might just return it in a couple days and put it towards Mass Effect Andromeda I dont really need $60.00 becoming a doorstop. The game itself would be useless if I cant get to the menu screen and based on how they handled this with the beta I am not confident this will be "profitable" for them much like other games such as Rainbow Six Siege issues that weren't "profitable." Though I am not sure how big the issue is. Seeing I am one out of my 10 friends seems to be an issue out of every ten people I dont know.

Is yours a disc ? I got mine digitally off the xbox store .

Rimaki
03-07-2017, 07:58 AM
Is yours a disc ? I got mine digitally off the xbox store .

Yah I bought a disc expecting this issue to come up ,and wanted insurance in case I had to just give up on the game and play Rainbow Six siege until Mass effect. I bought mine from Gamestop thankfully. I thought a disc would of worked better I guess not...

L4wLeSs1
03-07-2017, 09:57 AM
I have just a 1tb original xbox one and won't load for me either what a waste of money

BuzzLu
03-07-2017, 11:07 AM
Same here with a Xbox One S, digital version and insider program! When I start the game, there comes a black screen after the start screen. Tried everything. Cleared catch, reinstalled game, deleted profile - Nothing works! When I try to start a different game, after I closed the black screen by holding the Xbox button, it won't work until I reboot the console, sometimes it reboots itself.

PLEASE SOLVE THIS PROBLEM ASAP, I WAS SO LOOKING FORWARD TO PLAY THIS GAME!!!

XR Jabba81
03-07-2017, 11:40 AM
posted by a supporter here in PC-Forum...

Do you guys have your Uplay accounts linked to your Xbox live accounts? If not, can you please log into account.ubisoft.com and make sure that it is or isn't logged in and report back which one it is?

Edit: As you can see my account is linked to xbox one... next to my tag is the xbox button. For you guys not. Maybe thats the reason. Hope this helps.

BuzzLu
03-07-2017, 12:06 PM
My account is definitely linked. It works fine with Rainbow Six and Watch Dogs 2. I just tried starting the game without being linked and it won't work either.

I noticed another thing. When I close the black screen and start any other game, it will show me error code 0x80070079 sometimes. It seems to be something with the network but the network tests say that the connection is fine. The other game won't start then and I have to restart the Xbox or it does on it's own, like I wrote before.

CockneyCharmer
03-07-2017, 02:08 PM
I can confirm the very same thing experience with the Digital version of Ghost Recon Wildlands (Gold Edition) on Xbox One. I am in the Insider program, installed to an external hard drive but game only shows a black screen after the initial opening Ubisoft animation.

Original Xbox Console
In Insider Programme
UPlay Account linked to Xbox Gamer Tag
For Honor and The Division work with no issues.
Was in both Closed and open Wildland Beta's with no issue.

Has anyone from actual support responded yet?

PanakinCrybaby
03-07-2017, 02:59 PM
Can you guys even log in? It might be related to log in problems most can not log in right now

L4wLeSs1
03-07-2017, 07:53 PM
Account is linked but still not working

BuzzLu
03-07-2017, 10:43 PM
Are you all in the preview program?
The german Ubisoft support asked me to contact Microsoft support, which is kind of stupid, because every other game works just fine. Not very satisfying!

Rimaki
03-07-2017, 10:56 PM
That isnt good. Means they might not acknowledge it as "their" problem. Any other game works fine for me even Rainbow Six so its gotta be the game and something connected to it. I am not on the preview program either so that de-bunks that as a problem. Aside from that, anyone else slightly annoyed this glitch/bug didnt get put on the known issues list? Seems to be pretty big according to my local Gamestop.

reinkey1
03-07-2017, 11:45 PM
I cant believe I fell for this ******** companies **** again. They're constantly releasing **** software. Even after their "Beta" that was more a marketing scheme. Fix this **** I want to play the game I paid for.

L4wLeSs1
03-08-2017, 01:49 AM
The sad thing is why have no ubi soft technical support members replied we all have paid for a game that none of can play

CockneyCharmer
03-08-2017, 02:07 AM
To update my original post above, I managed to resolve the black screen issue.....I removed my console from the Insider preview programme. It was the only logical solution after getting zero help here from Ubi support and dealing with Xbox Support who suggested it was indeed a possible issue with preview build.

Go to the Insider Hub where you can opt out of the programme completely. Can take 24/48 hours but in my case it only took 3 hrs and after a factory reset of console to make it a clean restart (I use an external drive so took no time at all really and lost no game installs), I signed back in and first time firing up Wildlands it moved passed black screen into picking a languare option.

Now I have no idea if moving from Preview ring 3 to preview ring 4 will have same effect but taking my console out of the preview completely did the trick for me.

Rimaki
03-08-2017, 02:35 AM
Boy would be nice if I had that as an option to resolve I didnt get a chance to be in the preview program. Sounds like this game forces a factory reset for some stupid reason.

Rimaki
03-08-2017, 03:13 AM
Ok so I factory reset with keeping my games and apps and now I am running on fire with it. So that worked for me. I guess corrupt data on the xbox was halting the loading or something. I would do a factory reset and choose the keep games and apps option to maximize your chances.

L4wLeSs1
03-08-2017, 06:02 AM
Thanks guys a factory reset works and u can keep ur games and apps to. Wow with no thanx to ubisoft u guys are the greatest I can now finally play it

tdm_kris_titus
03-08-2017, 10:53 PM
how do u opt out of the preview program and how do u know if u r on it? also how do u do the factory reset and keep everything

BuzzLu
03-09-2017, 12:29 AM
After resetting the Xbox three times and redownloading the game, it still doesn't work. Do something Ubisoft, quickly!

veritigo
03-09-2017, 06:08 AM
I had the exact same issue and was able to resolve the issue by going the xbox home screen and then selecting or navigating to the "all settings" option. I then went to to "System" under settings menu and then selected "Console info & Updates"

I then selected the Reset Console, XBOX then presented me with 3 options
Option A "Reset and Remove Everything"
Option B "Reset and keep my games and Apps"
Option C "Cancel"

I selected Option B, "Reset and keep my games and Apps"
I then waited for my xbox to reset and then setup my profile from scratch and was immediately able to play the game and get past the black screen. I previously had issues with the close and open Beta and was unable to get it to work either so I figure that had I preformed these steps a week or so ago I would have been able to play the game during the betas as well.

Hope this helps.
Veritigo

veritigo
03-09-2017, 06:09 AM
Installed the game on my Xbox One S plays past the Ubisoft logo. Hits a black screen and dies no one else I know has this issue it cant just be me. Has anyone had the issue and fixed it? Talk about a big let down on the day it came out. :nonchalance:

I had the exact same issue and was able to resolve the issue by going the xbox home screen and then selecting or navigating to the "all settings" option. I then went to to "System" under settings menu and then selected "Console info & Updates"

Option C "Cancel"

I then waited for my xbox to reset and then setup my profile from scratch and was immediately able to play the game and get past the black screen. I previously had issues with the close and open Beta and was unable to get it to work either so I figure that had I preformed these steps a week or so ago I would have been able to play the game during the betas as well.

Hope this helps.
Veritigo

SKERZ402
03-09-2017, 03:04 PM
I have a regular Xbox and can't boot the game. I get to the Ubisoft logo and I just hit a black screen and then it kicks me out to the menu. I can play any other game online just not ghost recon. Day 3 this has been going on. My uplay account is linked to my Xbox live account too.

BuzzLu
03-09-2017, 03:54 PM
And still no help, not even a word from Ubisoft yet!

TheWrongBullet
03-10-2017, 03:15 AM

Option C "Cancel"

Hope this helps.
Veritigo

I am experiencing this same exact issue. It is not an ubisoft account issue as I can play assassins creed and the division without any issues and log into ubisoft servers without a problem. I performed these steps and the game works now!

Thanks for the advice.

Zixxspeed420
03-10-2017, 05:44 AM
mine also crashes and I have also reset my xbox. It wont play on my one s but it plays just fine on my original xbx...