PDA

View Full Version : Revenge mode should kill you

Arenaeus-88
03-07-2017, 06:53 AM
I don't really think revenge is too big of a problem, and that people who know what to do in a 2v1 or more situation will almost always be able to handle revenge, I did have an idea that I thought would be interesting.

After revenge mode, you should die.

If you are in a sword fight with somebody who is willing to die in order to kill you, you are at a major disadvantage. I feel like this would be a realistic reason for revenge to exist. You get a power spike at the cost of your life. I do think there should be a way to survive after revenge, maybe if you manage to kill everyone or if they just run away, I'm not sure exactly. What do you all think?

PokePokeBleed
03-07-2017, 06:57 AM
So run up on someone, trigger revenge then both of you run and he dies. Sounds good

Arenaeus-88
03-07-2017, 07:00 AM
So run up on someone, trigger revenge then both of you run and he dies. Sounds good

Bro I wrote about that in the post...no. If they run you shouldn't die. Or maybe they could even buff revenge to give you sprint speed to the point that they couldn't run away. But I said already you shouldn't die if they run.

untchable704
03-07-2017, 07:15 AM
It would kind of ruin the whole purpose of revenge. The purpose of revenge is not to kill 1 guy it's to kill multiple enemies. I could see them slowing down building revenge, which I'm not a fan of, but can still see them doing it.

Maybe just don't wildly swing at people, especially guys with 108 gear builds. At the beginning of the game look who the high gear characters are and be more cautious with those guys. If you're playing with randoms spamming attacks try to sneak in and be gb guy. If they get revenge it's not their fault, it's the spamming opponents fault.

If they get revenge on you don't just shut down. Play your game but play more cautiously. I still attack people with revenege. I just don't relentlessly attack. I dash away more and try my hardest not to run out of stamina so I can roll away to not get trapped in a shove vortex or against a wall. Even if I die your going to work for it if I have anything to say about it.

Arenaeus-88
03-07-2017, 07:17 AM
It would kind of ruin the whole purpose of revenge. The purpose of revenge is not to kill 1 guy it's to kill multiple enemies. I could see them slowing down building revenge, which I'm not a fan of, but can still see them doing it.

Maybe just don't wildly swing at people, especially guys with 108 gear builds. At the beginning of the game look who the high gear characters are and be more cautious with those guys. If you're playing with randoms spamming attacks try to sneak in and be gb guy. If they get revenge it's not their fault, it's the spamming opponents fault.

I don't have a problem with revenge the way it is...I just thought this might be an interesting twist.

untchable704
03-07-2017, 07:20 AM
I don't have a problem with revenge the way it is...I just thought this might be an interesting twist.

Oh okay. I don't really like it but maybe a new feat would be interesting. But don't think anybody really likes 1 shot kills against them.

Dukester321
03-07-2017, 07:29 AM
Oh okay. I don't really like it but maybe a new feat would be interesting. But don't think anybody really likes 1 shot kills against them.

I think Revenge should be just what is says it is... "Revenge".... it should only be able to trigger if youre fighting someone who previously killed you. and only that one time. and so on throughout the whole game. so after you get executed or just killed... and that fu/ker comes around beatin u up again.., REVENGE... and that's it, just once... not that spam **** that's going on right now. If you're getting ganked maybe you could get a different buff.. like a Rage or Shield, but again that only pops up once or twice... not spammable 5-6 times like it currently is on a 4v1.

theres no reason why 1 guy should be throwing it down vs 4 guys for 5mins just because hes getting revenge over and over like ive seen in some videos out there. for that... lets just add a healer class, throw in some warlocks and druids and sh*t and lets make this into a full blown MOBA.

PokePokeBleed
03-07-2017, 07:40 AM
I think Revenge should be just what is says it is... "Revenge".... it should only be able to trigger if youre fighting someone who previously killed you. and only that one time. and so on throughout the whole game. so after you get executed or just killed... and that fu/ker comes around beatin u up again.., REVENGE... and that's it, just once... not that spam **** that's going on right now. If you're getting ganked maybe you could get a different buff.. like a Rage or Shield, but again that only pops up once or twice... not spammable 5-6 times like it currently is on a 4v1.

theres no reason why 1 guy should be throwing it down vs 4 guys for 5mins just because hes getting revenge over and over like ive seen in some videos out there. for that... lets just add a healer class, throw in some warlocks and druids and sh*t and lets make this into a full blown MOBA.

It serves its purpose, don't ******** and spam

Knight.Bishop
03-07-2017, 07:51 AM
Hate this idea.

DireNazgul
03-07-2017, 07:52 AM
I punish people who get Revenge mode too quickly with Longarm until their Revenge runs out. I bring the Law!

Dukester321
03-07-2017, 07:52 AM
It serves its purpose, don't ******** and spam

its f/ukin broken.... OP bs system... especially if youre decked out in high level f/ukin gear with a revenge build. which sounds like your case.

Vordred
03-07-2017, 08:53 AM
Revenge is meant to be for giving you a chance to fight back back and hold out against multiple foes, not to turn god mode and wreak everyone.

i feel like the Shield, uninteruptibles and the knockdowns are more than enough to hold you own. the massive spike in damage is not needed. also get right of the auto parry knockdown on activation. that is pretty bs, the amount of times where i have/they have gotten revenge well in mid swing and they pop it and then land a stupidly hard overhead is really dumb.

it's frustriating when it happens to you and you feel like a cheap ***** when you do it. just have it block the attacks without the free knockdown.

FailOfHDDVD
03-07-2017, 10:32 AM
after revenge mode, it should make the player go into exhaust mode at least

Reign
03-07-2017, 01:28 PM
These revenge posts always make it seem like only a select few have access to the gear. Y'all do know you can level up and get some of your own right? Inb4, but I want to play all the characters not just one. Ever hear "jack of all trades, master of none". Besides getting rep in this game is extremely easy and after nearly 3 weeks most everyone if they have had the game more than one of those weeks should have one character with some of that gear.

Besides that the more glaring point is I run into people all the time who keep their distance until revenge runs out making it a non issue for them. That is available to everyone no matter the gear level. The simple fact is if your out geared and keep pressing the attack on someone with revenge they are going to get exactly that. But if you're smart keep them stunned and/or at distance revenge becomes a non issue and nothing to even blink an eye at.

But the running sentiment on this forum is to not learn how to deal with the mechanics but to instantly demand they be changed to fit the communities wishes.

zide-
03-07-2017, 01:36 PM
Bottom line is that revenge mode should be there just to get you out of an uneven fight, not encourage you to fight. I would go as far as saying that that it would be better if revenge mode only boosted your defense and lower your damage so that you wouldn't be this hard kill high damage terminator once it activates.

Obdach01
03-07-2017, 01:40 PM
Problem is, that revenge is most likely a diffenrent tool for different people. Whilst one tries to kill everyone with revenge, the other triggers revenge to survive and rund away. Killing the one with revenge would be counter productive and would make revenge something, that is barely used. Who wants to die willingly after all? Maybe the Vikings, as they move on to Valhalla.

Sugaroverdose
03-07-2017, 01:41 PM
I don't really think revenge is too big of a problem, and that people who know what to do in a 2v1 or more situation will almost always be able to handle revenge, I did have an idea that I thought would be interesting.

After revenge mode, you should die.

If you are in a sword fight with somebody who is willing to die in order to kill you, you are at a major disadvantage. I feel like this would be a realistic reason for revenge to exist. You get a power spike at the cost of your life. I do think there should be a way to survive after revenge, maybe if you manage to kill everyone or if they just run away, I'm not sure exactly. What do you all think?There's nothing realistic in Revenge mode, first of all. Killing players after Revenge expiration makes this mode completely pointless for 1vX, which it's designed for.