PDA

View Full Version : Campaign Pictures

XyZspineZyX
08-27-2003, 01:29 PM
I notice we can put our own 'mug shots' in the squadron book when in campaign mode so long as they are of a certain size and in 16 bit colour, I have trimmed my picture to the right size but i cannot figure out how to make the picture 16 bit colours, can anyonje help?

XyZspineZyX
08-27-2003, 01:29 PM
I notice we can put our own 'mug shots' in the squadron book when in campaign mode so long as they are of a certain size and in 16 bit colour, I have trimmed my picture to the right size but i cannot figure out how to make the picture 16 bit colours, can anyonje help?

XyZspineZyX
08-27-2003, 02:19 PM
What program are you using to do this?

XyZspineZyX
08-27-2003, 03:59 PM
Paint shop Pro 6, is what i'm using, i just cant figure out how to make my pictures 16bit colours, i have fireworks 3 as well, if tahts any good, thnaks for your help.

XyZspineZyX
08-28-2003, 10:22 AM
bump

XyZspineZyX
08-28-2003, 12:03 PM
have you reduced it to 256 color 8 bit and save it as a BMP also?

"Of all my accomplishments I may have achieved during the war, I am proudest of the fact that I never lost a wingman. It was my view that no kill was worth the life of a wingman. . . . Pilots in my unit who lost wingmen on this basis were prohibited from leading a [section]. They were made to fly as wingman, instead."
Erich 'Bubi' Hartmann "Karaya One"

XyZspineZyX
08-29-2003, 09:10 AM
yep i saved it as a BMP file, but how do i reduce the colours to 256 colours?

XyZspineZyX
08-29-2003, 09:42 AM
Almost all graphic utilities like Paint Shop or Photoshop have a menu option that is something like "convert to...".

Choose 8 bit, 256 colors, and that's all. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

- Dux Corvan -

<center>http://www.bloggerheads.com/mash_quiz/images/mash_hawkeye.jpg (http://www.bloggerheads.com/mash_quiz/)</center>

XyZspineZyX
08-29-2003, 10:40 AM
I almost never hit the requested Image type exactly (channels, resolution, even being 24 bytes off being a problem sometimes).

I always succeed in:

1, Making a back-up of "Photo.bmp"

2, After that I drag/copy/edit all my wants into the opened Photo.bmp. The graphics programme won't change resolution/channels.... thus your new picture - after "Save" (not "Save as...") - exactly conforms with IL" FB's requirements.

Hope this helps,
muffinstomp /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif