PDA

View Full Version : So what's the point of this game?

Apaolo_
03-06-2017, 08:40 PM
Curious as to the direction of this game. Is this going to be focused on competitive 1v1 or 2v2? Is this going to be focused on mostly 4v4?

I keep hearing that classes are balanced around 4v4 which I hope to god isn't true. I swear if I have to go through one more ******** with lvl 4 prestige 108 gearscore characters with my lvl 7 I'm going to uninstall this game.

Before you offer us balances please implement more game modes....preferably ones where gear doesn't matter. Getting 2 shotted by someone who get's revenge in 2 seconds IS NOT FUN. Please don't tell me to go play against AI either, I didn't buy a multiplayer game to go against bots.

Apaolo_
03-06-2017, 08:49 PM
Itīs a casual game for some hours of fun.

There is no competitive scene beyond 2on2. Most touneys are difficult to watch. There is no observer mode and so far no word on that.

So I guess I either start liking dominion or move on....

m3gas_
03-06-2017, 08:50 PM
So I guess I either start liking dominion or move on....

pretty much...

RatedChaotic
03-06-2017, 08:52 PM
A pop in fighter game when you get that urge.

Apaolo_
03-06-2017, 08:58 PM
I keep hearing it's a "fighting game" but they are focusing on balancing around 4v4 which doesn't make much sense to me. Wouldn't you balance them all in 1v1 since that would transfer over to 4v4?

PathlessMoss
03-06-2017, 09:10 PM
I don't get where the rumor started that they are balancing solely on 4v4. That's not correct. In the latest Dev update they shared that the Law Bringer actually does very well in 4v4 but not so well in 1v1 and 2v2s so they will be looking at buffing him next patch.

Apaolo_
03-06-2017, 09:20 PM
I don't get where the rumor started that they are balancing solely on 4v4. That's not correct. In the latest Dev update they shared that the Law Bringer actually does very well in 4v4 but not so well in 1v1 and 2v2s so they will be looking at buffing him next patch.

Alright so if he's good in 4v4 already then you buff his 1v1 isn't he going to be too op? This I guess is my issue, what is the main focus of this game?

PathlessMoss
03-06-2017, 09:40 PM
As far as an official focus? I don't think that has been stated.

As far as my opinion: I think they are not trying to give any one mode more of a focus then the others.

As far as balancing goes they have stated that they focus highly on W/L ratios for heroes in each game mode and also factor in player feedback within reason. I "believe" their goal is to have every hero "viable" in every game mode. If their W/L goes too high or low in particular game modes it would seem as though they will focus on buffing the hero in a way that will increase performance in that particular mode of trouble with the goal of not making them OP in the others. Balancing is no easy fix and we will always see tweaks in a game like this.

To be honest I have thorally enjoyed how viable the heroes are. Most games only have a handful of the roster that are ideal picks and the rest will only handicap you. I don't get that feel with for honor. I have seen every charecter own me and get owned by me. It's very refreshing to not have a game predetermined at the charecters selection screen.

Just my opinions of course.

Potato_6
03-06-2017, 09:50 PM
So far the main focus is afk farming until you are rep'ed up, buying your way to a 108 revenge set, then turtle and gb your way to creamy awesomeness. Don't worry though, the same folks who brought you shield bash spam chains, and gb/shouldersmash chains are going to fix it...

The short answer is there is no real vision at the moment. If you read the last interview with the HMFIC you would see that in every case the response to a question was "we're looking at that" Were not talking hard questions either. Stuff like "why cant people play the game?" The defense meta and guard break still suck..."uh, we've got some ideas..." What about all the AFK farmers? "we will issue them warnings..." Isn't revenge a little too OP? "we are trying to find an answer that isn't no and isn't yes, more on that later..."

I have always found in any game i played that taking control of my character from me pisses me off. The vast majority of the mechanics in this game are built around just that. Add in the copious amount of cheese in the environment and whats left? How do you balance classes based on never getting to attack? If you attack you are likely to get your *** kicked unless you are a PK/zerker. How do you balance people staring at each other waiting for the other dude to blink? "Bro, I just built this awesome stare build...so OP"

Then there is range. Take the warlord, slow, defensive, hits fairly hard..1 foot away. Kensei...slow hits fairly hard, well armored, 6 feet away. Neither one is good or bad but without reliable gap closers for the short range guys you are just sucking. SPRINTING/DODGING SHOULD COST STAMINA for EVERYONE ALL THE TIME. How many of you have seen that warden or orochi with a sprint build just run around the map until a teammate was engaged and run up to seal club their opponent in the back of the head. Wont fight on their own but man can they run....in armor....forvever. How about the PK who is out of stam but still dodges everything you have to include zones? Well you can always turtle...

So whats left? Ah guardbreak. A move that is time dependent in a P2P game. Hit it too soon and you are screwed, get some lag you are screwed, now just stand there while you get shield bashed over a ledge, onto spikes, or just plain pummeled. If they throw and overhand heavy you might block, but if they dont, well, you are ....yup, sucking.

Ah but there are parries you say...Yeah they are pretty great, if you are fighting someone who throws heavies. Also subject to the same timing weaknesses of gb. How many people open with heavies?

Now before the git gud hate...beat it. I'm just a normal guy who recognizes that once again I have been conned by Ubi. There is no vision. There is no balance. Last but not least the Japanese guys at the cut-scene on the end of bridge are holding their swords upside down....that's just irritating.

Apaolo_
03-06-2017, 09:59 PM
So far the main focus is afk farming until you are rep'ed up, buying your way to a 108 revenge set, then turtle and gb your way to creamy awesomeness. Don't worry though, the same folks who brought you shield bash spam chains, and gb/shouldersmash chains are going to fix it...

The short answer is there is no real vision at the moment. If you read the last interview with the HMFIC you would see that in every case the response to a question was "we're looking at that" Were not talking hard questions either. Stuff like "why cant people play the game?" The defense meta and guard break still suck..."uh, we've got some ideas..." What about all the AFK farmers? "we will issue them warnings..." Isn't revenge a little too OP? "we are trying to find an answer that isn't no and isn't yes, more on that later..."

I have always found in any game i played that taking control of my character from me pisses me off. The vast majority of the mechanics in this game are built around just that. Add in the copious amount of cheese in the environment and whats left? How do you balance classes based on never getting to attack? If you attack you are likely to get your *** kicked unless you are a PK/zerker. How do you balance people staring at each other waiting for the other dude to blink? "Bro, I just built this awesome stare build...so OP"

Then there is range. Take the warlord, slow, defensive, hits fairly hard..1 foot away. Kensei...slow hits fairly hard, well armored, 6 feet away. Neither one is good or bad but without reliable gap closers for the short range guys you are just sucking. SPRINTING/DODGING SHOULD COST STAMINA for EVERYONE ALL THE TIME. How many of you have seen that warden or orochi with a sprint build just run around the map until a teammate was engaged and run up to seal club their opponent in the back of the head. Wont fight on their own but man can they run....in armor....forvever. How about the PK who is out of stam but still dodges everything you have to include zones? Well you can always turtle...

So whats left? Ah guardbreak. A move that is time dependent in a P2P game. Hit it too soon and you are screwed, get some lag you are screwed, now just stand there while you get shield bashed over a ledge, onto spikes, or just plain pummeled. If they throw and overhand heavy you might block, but if they dont, well, you are ....yup, sucking.

Ah but there are parries you say...Yeah they are pretty great, if you are fighting someone who throws heavies. Also subject to the same timing weaknesses of gb. How many people open with heavies?

Now before the git gud hate...beat it. I'm just a normal guy who recognizes that once again I have been conned by Ubi. There is no vision. There is no balance. Last but not least the Japanese guys at the cut-scene on the end of bridge are holding their swords upside down....that's just irritating.

Haha I feel your pain man and it does feel like they kind of abandoned the game a little bit. Slow updates, no signs of new gamemodes and the balance is just abysmal. I can't believe people are winning tournaments by spamming safe moves...that's just sad.

untchable704
03-06-2017, 10:16 PM
Just have fun. Isn't that's what a video game is supposed to be. Too many people want every game to be an esport. It really is ruining games imo.

Potato_6
03-06-2017, 11:10 PM
Just have fun. Isn't that's what a video game is supposed to be. Too many people want every game to be an esport. It really is ruining games imo.

I'm no esport dude. I find it impossible to have fun in this game for the reasons listed above. Others might, good for them. PvP in this game is trash. If you like to PvP in games and have unlimited time to play games this might be for you.

Also the rampant cheating/botting really detracts from the appeal. I want to know that If i see a 108 guy he had to bust his *** to get there. Now, not so much.

Bob__Gnarly
03-07-2017, 12:04 AM
I'm no esport dude. I find it impossible to have fun in this game for the reasons listed above. Others might, good for them. PvP in this game is trash. If you like to PvP in games and have unlimited time to play games this might be for you.

Also the rampant cheating/botting really detracts from the appeal. I want to know that If i see a 108 guy he had to bust his *** to get there. Now, not so much.

It's quite easy to differentiate the afk exploiters. They have maxed gear, but they're absolute trash at the game.

It always makes me laugh when i tear these guys apart.