PDA

View Full Version : Matchmaking: Finding Players (why?)

ipm204
03-06-2017, 07:03 PM
This is a P2P game, and Ubi has stated themselves that it's best to play with players in the same region.

Why in the world would they have the region be the first thing to extend if players aren't found? I would much rather play have the skill level extended first, and even the language too if it meant less errors.

Try it yourself. Launch a game and watch the region extend first over everything else.

xXl Plan B lXx
03-06-2017, 07:06 PM
Would you rather play against someone of your skill level or someone in your region that is vastly better than you are? Region SHOULD ALWAYS expand first if you're looking to keep matches even (Yes I know this isn't happening) for players learning classes.

This is a P2P game, and Ubi has stated themselves that it's best to play with players in the same region.

Why in the world would they have the region be the first to extend if players aren't found? I would much rather play with players of a different skill level and language if it meant less errors.

Try it yourself. Launch a game and watch the region extend first over everything else.

ipm204
03-06-2017, 07:10 PM
I would much rather have a stable game with less disconnects and errors, and if it means remaining in my own region regardless of the competitions skill, so be it. The current setup isn't working. It's error after error, disconnect after disconnect. So yea, bring on the skilled players, at least I'll be able to play the game.

PS. Rep 6, I can hold my own.

xXl Plan B lXx
03-06-2017, 07:13 PM
That's great. But not everyone is and while it's going to be okay for you it may not be okay for others. Again, I get that it's broken. My very first day and very first game was all very high players and me. I just want to actually play a game like you as well.

PS. Rep 6, I can hold my own.