PDA

View Full Version : Not enough time to complete event

SpringReborn
03-06-2017, 05:17 PM
Just like title says, there simply isnt enough time. The current player base is simply not big enough to reach the ridiculous number of matches the event requires in the short amount of time that was given. This is the first ever "event" and not only the rewards are horrible but the goal is completely unreachable. I noticed that the goal is similar to that of the betas, but ubisoft needs to remember that the beta was FREE and therefore MILLIONS were playing it PER PLATFORM. Now it is completely different since there is barely half a million players per platform. The goal shouldve been way lower. Now we only have 9 hours to do 2 million dominion matches. How on earth does ubisoft thinks that is possible with the current player base. This first event has been a complete dissapointment.

PandaCDN
03-06-2017, 05:20 PM
therefore MILLIONS were playing it PER PLATFORM. Now it is completely different since there is barely half a million players per platform.

Um...probably best when expressing a point not to pull out random numbers you just made up. There isnt even 25k on anymore for PC per day yet alone 500k lol. They were never even close to a million people playing on PC during the betas either. I do agree the totals are too high.

cragar212
03-06-2017, 05:21 PM
Ps4 has a slight chance of finishing we are at 4.8 / 5.7 million. Need a boost though at current rate prob only gonna get like 5.3 / 5.7

Infidel.Castro
03-06-2017, 05:24 PM
Well I guess if no platform achieves this event they may have to admit they f*cked up and give us the reward anyway :)

To be honest the event should have been achievable in 2 days, i.e. a weekend as a lot of people have jobs/school, so the numbers are pretty crazy.

SpringReborn
03-06-2017, 05:30 PM
Um...probably best when expressing a point not to pull out random numbers you just made up. There isnt even 25k on anymore for PC per day yet alone 500k lol. They were never even close to a million people playing on PC during the betas either. I do agree the totals are too high.

It was reported that the beta had over 3 million players, with PC having 1.8 million of them.

Now, per day the number is always less than 100k, but that depends on the day. On weekends the number can go as high as 40k. But the grand total across all platforms on a good day barely gets to 500k. Just last week Ps4 reportedly had 81k according to the player count on the social tab.

xXl Plan B lXx
03-06-2017, 05:34 PM
On the XBox One, if I remember correctly the max was 2.8 million. This one is set to 4.4 million. That's a 50% increase. That's a lot considering all the people having connection issues, and all the people who were only playing the game because it was free like you pointed out.

I noticed that the goal is similar to that of the betas, but ubisoft needs to remember that the beta was FREE and therefore MILLIONS were playing it PER PLATFORM.

Vagor_D
03-06-2017, 05:34 PM
There would have been more than enough time to complete it if the servers were actually allowing players to complete matches. I gave up trying last night after I was only able to complete 1 match in over an hour of playtime. Their servers are boinked so we got boinked on the event. What a way for them to show us their appreciation.

PandaCDN
03-06-2017, 06:42 PM
It was reported that the beta had over 3 million players, with PC having 1.8 million of them.

Again thats a misinformed number. That 1.8 million was the total across ALL closed betas and the open beta. Not playing all in one beta.

So 81k last week on PS4, last week on PC there was about 30k max and i doubt XBOX then had 375-400k players. Either way the goals are far too high.

DKDNZ
03-06-2017, 09:20 PM
That just shows us, that they have no clue about the community and perhaps about their product... That was a short calculation with numbers from a perfect game with no disconnects and a big playperpool. They just don't get it... this game suffers from a lot off connetcion issues and other problems. This pushed so many people away AND the ones who stayed can't finish the event because their games didn't count (disconnects)

But I think they will give us the reward anyway... would be a shame, if they startet the event because the last weekend was a disaster and now we can't finished it because the game is broke...
They would admit they failed on 2 weekends :)

xXl Plan B lXx
03-06-2017, 09:23 PM
I'd prefer they fix the game and keep the rewards. :D

That just shows us, that they have no clue about the community and perhaps about their product... That was a short calculation with numbers from a perfect game with no disconnects and a big playperpool. They just don't get it... this game suffers from a lot off connetcion issues and other problems. This pushed so many people away AND the ones who stayed can't finish the event because their games didn't count (disconnects)

But I think they will give us the reward anyway... would be a shame, if they startet the event because the last weekend was a disaster and now we can't finished it because the game is broke...
They would admit they failed on 2 weekends :)

xXl Plan B lXx
03-06-2017, 09:27 PM
Where did you see those numbers at?

Again thats a misinformed number. That 1.8 million was the total across ALL closed betas and the open beta. Not playing all in one beta.

Potato_6
03-06-2017, 10:07 PM
So event does not meet reality either. Not surprised and honestly can't think of who would care. You get some coin and a box of loot. Go afk farm for an hour, get more out of it and its less frustration.

Hiero_Glyph
03-06-2017, 10:37 PM
So event does not meet reality either. Not surprised and honestly can't think of who would care. You get some coin and a box of loot. Go afk farm for an hour, get more out of it and its less frustration.

Yeah, and at worst even if you get caught you only get a warning. It really is pathetic when a AAA developer basically admits to being alright with cheating and will not even take steps to prevent it from continuing.

"Don't AFK or cheat, ok? But if you get caught we will warn you about it so you can keep all the stuff you got from doing it."

What ever happened to actually punishing cheaters? Oh, my bad, it's not actually cheating if Ubisoft left it in the game. I forgot how this generation doesn't actually understand what cheating is.

Kharneth88
03-06-2017, 10:40 PM
So, it's clear that some of you are bad readers.

Go home, log into the game, and read what the Event is asking. It clearly states "Complete as many dominion matches as possible as a community." It does NOT say "Complete 5 million 700 thousand dominion matches."

Sure, there is a giant bar underneath with 5,700,000 as a total for the goal, but I'm fairly certain that we're getting rewarded regardless and Ubisoft is merely testing the waters to see how many matches the community can do during the weekend when given the incentive.

They gave everyone free Champion status for the whole weekend because of the server issue a week ago. They gave us this weekend long event to see how much we can actually do when we dedicate most of our in-game time to dominion. I highly doubt the reward won't be issued if we don't complete it, but if that is the case, boo hoo, it's only 1,500 steel.

I have a feeling they intentionally made an unrealistic goal because they wanted to see how close we could get or if we'd actually be able to do it.

suboptiml
03-06-2017, 10:52 PM
I have a feeling they intentionally made an unrealistic goal because they wanted to see how close we could get or if we'd actually be able to do it.

This is the first thing I thought too.

If they had made it too easy and the community blazed past the goal, they'd face opposition in tuning to make it more difficult. This way they read the results they get and if it seems eternally out of reach they can tune it down a bit the next time.

The whole point of the thing is to generate player traffic. I'm not so sure of the wisdom of this particular carrot though, as it may generate something of a blowback effect with burned-out players playing significantly less immediately after the event ends. Especially if the rewards are meager. It's not as if it's adding any depth or any interesting facets to the faction war. It's just dangling a carrot for players to grind one particular mode. It's basically a daily order for everyone to contribute to.

But I guess we'll see.

Jarl.Felix
03-06-2017, 10:54 PM
Actually this might be a sign that the community is not so big or so interested in playing this game. Or maybe is just dominion matches, but i doubt.

Braegulfer
03-06-2017, 10:56 PM
They just extended it three days so it's getting finished on every platform.