PDA

View Full Version : Only one other person playing Elimination vs AI?

WhoDaresWins
03-06-2017, 05:09 PM
Something must seriously be wrong with this matchmaking, or has the population died off already? I decided to go and grind out my PvAI Elimination orders. Sign up, wait about half a minute... get into a game with a guy with some variation of Antonio, cool, cool. When I join the game, we're somehow (against AI) two rounds down? I figure whatever, maybe he's new to the game a- wait, why is he running in circles? What's he doing?

It quickly became apparent that he was doing something - modded controller I suppose? - to do nothing but run in a circle every single game. As soon as it started he'd run in circles and quickly die to an enemy. If he was revived he would start running in circles again. Three bots/one player vs four bots was doable, but bugger me that perverse sexual lust the AI has for dropping everything to go revive their teammates across the other side of the map took a while, but whatever. Bots are easy so I'll just drop out after this game...

Only I kept encountering him.

Again.

And again.

Annnd again.

No matter how often I left, played another mode, came back half an hour later to continue my Elimination grind I would ONLY get paired with this guy, and I think one other player joined the entire time.

What the hell?

xXl Plan B lXx
03-06-2017, 05:13 PM
Report him.

This is exactly why I turn off matchmaking when I'm playing against [BOTS] and just get done what I need to get done.

Something must seriously be wrong with this matchmaking, or has the population of this game died off already? I decided to go and grind out my PvAI Elimination orders. Sign up, wait about half a minute... get into a game with a guy with some variation of Antonio, cool, cool. When I join the game, we're somehow (against AI) two rounds down? I figure whatever, maybe he's new to the game a- wait, why is he running in circles? What's he doing?

It quickly became apparent that he was doing something - modded controller I suppose? - to do nothing but run in a circle every single game. As soon as it started he'd run in circles and quickly die to an enemy. If he was revived he would start running in circles again. Three bots/one player vs four bots was doable, but bugger me that perverse sexual lust the AI has for dropping everything to go revive their teammates across the other side of the map took a while, but whatever. Bots are easy so I'll just drop out after this game...

Only I kept encountering him.

Again.

And again.

Annnd again.

No matter how often I left, played another mode, came back half an hour later to continue my Elimination grind I would ONLY get paired with this guy, and I think one other player joined the entire time.

What the hell?

Kaijudub
03-06-2017, 05:20 PM
Hold tight the rubber band crew :confused:

Encountered a few last night doing some of the orders and i just can't get my head around how this is going to benefit them? They'll get their purple gear and then get destroyed by the people in purple gear that have actually played the game.....

Mentalists.

xXl Plan B lXx
03-06-2017, 05:29 PM
Here is the flaw in your logic. You're assuming that they're not actually playing the game. Lets say for a minute that I wanted to be a part of the Rubberband Renegades.

Lets look at this from a time persepctive.

I work my 9 hours, (7:30AM to 4:30PM) get off, go home and check on the house and sit down to play some For Honor.
I hope on the XBox and play a few games from 5-8. I get off to get that work out in and shower and get ready to hang out with the wife.
I throw on the rubber band and just let it roll from there until I get up in the am at 5am.
I then throw the rubber band back on from 7:30am to 5:00PM.

In a single day I've added 18 hours of playtime to my 3 hours of actual play time.

Overall, they're going to level faster, but in just a few short weeks I've hit Reputation 4 and I don't play a ton. So if they split this up they'll balance out and still get to play their play time.

TL : DR
People can still play and learn the game and still be rubberband renegades.

Encountered a few last night doing some of the orders and i just can't get my head around how this is going to benefit them? They'll get their purple gear and then get destroyed by the people in purple gear that have actually played the game.....

Mentalists.

RatedChaotic
03-06-2017, 05:42 PM

Mentalists.

Just because they are afk farming doesnt mean they dont know how to play. Most of them more than likely played the betas or atleast the open beta so I doubt they are that clueless.

Cipher_73
03-06-2017, 05:53 PM
Report him.

This is exactly why I turn off matchmaking when I'm playing against [BOTS] and just get done what I need to get done.

Oh snaps. I need to turn off match making. Hopefully that's available on PS4. Can't stand these spinners ruining my game everytime I'm trying to join a Dominion Player vs AI match.

Kaijudub
03-06-2017, 06:00 PM
Here is the flaw in your logic. You're assuming that they're not actually playing the game. Lets say for a minute that I wanted to be a part of the Rubberband Renegades.

Lets look at this from a time persepctive.

I work my 9 hours, (7:30AM to 4:30PM) get off, go home and check on the house and sit down to play some For Honor.
I hope on the XBox and play a few games from 5-8. I get off to get that work out in and shower and get ready to hang out with the wife.
I throw on the rubber band and just let it roll from there until I get up in the am at 5am.
I then throw the rubber band back on from 7:30am to 5:00PM.

In a single day I've added 18 hours of playtime to my 3 hours of actual play time.

Overall, they're going to level faster, but in just a few short weeks I've hit Reputation 4 and I don't play a ton. So if they split this up they'll balance out and still get to play their play time.

TL : DR
People can still play and learn the game and still be rubberband renegades.

So while these people are away at work you're telling me they get 9 hours straight continued play?? No disconnects, no rage quitters, no need to join games ever?? Sorry but the rubber band crew HAVE to sit there during FH, the catalogue of disconnect errors this game has simply wont allow 9 hours of continued gameplay without needing to press another button at some point.

You dont play a tonne yet are rep 4? In the same amount of time i have two characters to rep 4 without needing to afk and i work and even have a GF! So you defo get out what you put in regarding this game.

Anyway, warnings have been sent out to AFKers now so fingers crossed we dont see them anymore.

Edit - Kinda read your post wrongly but even while sleeping how do you expect to get continued play out of For honor when its the crashiest game on road atm lol?!

xXl Plan B lXx
03-06-2017, 06:12 PM
On the XBox when you go to the [GAMEMODE] vs AI if you hit the X button you can then hit the A button and turn off match making.

On the PS4 controller it looks like SQUARE and X will do the same thing if they are the same inputs.

Oh snaps. I need to turn off match making. Hopefully that's available on PS4. Can't stand these spinners ruining my game everytime I'm trying to join a Dominion Player vs AI match.

xXl Plan B lXx
03-06-2017, 06:16 PM
Correct. That's what I'm telling you.

So while these people are away at work you're telling me they get 9 hours straight continued play??

I don't know about that. I don't do it. But what I CAN tell you is that yesterday afternoon, the tarp on my wood outside for our wood stove literally was blowing down the street. I was in an AI game with my friend who was going to go eat so he left and I dropped the controller and ran after the tarp for my wood to keep it covered as it was snowing and raining. I was gone about a half hour maybe 45 minutes at the most once it was all said and done.

Guess what, I was still in a game. No idea how many games I completed. I didn't even use a rubber band. I just dropped the controller and went to work. Came back up and I had to exit the game I was in so I could re-invite my friend back into my party. Imagine what someone, who is giving false input, can do over a 9 hour period?

No disconnects, no rage quitters, no need to join games ever??

I don't play that often.

TIME PLAYED
1D 1H 31M (25 hours 31 minutes)

The game has been out 20 days. That's about 1.5 hours per day. I also have a Reputation 1 PeaceKeeper and a Reputation 1 Berserker. I spend a lot of time doing Orders. It's how I level my characters up so much. 1000-1500 xp per 2 day order and 300 xp for each daily.

You dont play a tonne yet are rep 4? In the same amount of time i have two characters to rep 4 without needing to afk and i work and even have a GF! So you defo get out what you put in regarding this game.

Kaijudub
03-06-2017, 06:24 PM
Correct. That's what I'm telling you.

Guess what, I was still in a game. No idea how many games I completed. I didn't even use a rubber band. I just dropped the controller and went to work. Came back up and I had to exit the game I was in so I could re-invite my friend back into my party. Imagine what someone, who is giving false input, can do over a 9 hour period?

I'd be amazed if this was true on a regular basis, I currently spend my eves slicing peoples heads off and would be surprised if i had more than 5 games in a row without a lobby emptying out or a disconnect so forgive me if i still disagree with what your saying.

EDIT

My bad, just seen someone doing it. Vs Ai it just continues to join the next game.....
Utter ****s.