PDA

View Full Version : ubisoft , warlord , conqueror , pk, warden are they being looked at ?

Oupyz
03-06-2017, 01:11 PM
like the title says

nerf the big 4

and adjust defence it's becoming boring at high level

thanks

cragar212
03-06-2017, 01:22 PM
Until you l2p they can nerf everything but you're still gonna suck o.O

Kaijudub
03-06-2017, 01:57 PM
I've mained Warden since beta's and just cant see where this nerf call comes from? He has the most basic attack routes, is pretty readable and his parry pushes most characters out of reach. I can count the amount of my successful "vortex" attempts on one hand and have had it happen to me maybe 5 / 6 times. Most players I face either know to dodge or let off a light attack once the shoulder bash is charging.

Personally they need to look at all characters having the same guard switch speed and look at the assassins ability to spam dodge and attack with no stam loss. Trying to block an assassin who is spamming lights and direction change is almost impossible to follow block wise on console. Parrying the PK is also pointless as you get punished by good players.

The vortex possibility of the Warden is pretty much the only apparent "OP" part of the warden imo, please let me know what else makes him op? If certain classes can spam entire light chains with no remorse then why shouldn't the warden have something spammable??

Obdach01
03-06-2017, 02:57 PM
like the title says

nerf the big 4

thanks

So you want to play a toon, who is able to kill all toons (one toon to rule them all?), but the one you enjoy can't do it? Then play one of the big four, or just accept, that there will always be only one on the top. Always. If all were supposed to be the same, why have 12 toons?
Stop calling for nerfs and play one who you enjoy. Nowadays people think that only winning is enjoying...

And before you assume I play one of those (today everyone thinks people only think about their own toons): I have never, never, never ever played one of those yet... actually this is a lie. I did play PK until lvl11 (renown 0... not 1). I play and enjoy very much Valk... even if she gets her butt handed to her by those four... forunately players add their skill to the toons, and I am not looking that bad against those 'OP' four (as you call them). I do not think they are OP.

Two people, two oppinions.

Teh1one
03-06-2017, 03:24 PM
https://battlefy.com/for-honor-legends/the-slaughterhouse-1v1-open-tournament-%5Bpc%5D/58aaffa4be068434032c5d05/stage/58af23606764ac40030692fa/bracket/?store=open

Top 3: 3 warlords
Top 8: 1 warden 1 conquerer 2 peacekeeper 4 warlords

top334: 0 Raider, 0 Lawbringer, 0 Kensei,

UBI PLS???? :mad:

Deuz_Vult
03-06-2017, 03:31 PM
Warden OP in 1v1 2v2 and 4v4.
Nerf Top light attack speed, nerf zone attack speed and make his shoulder bash more punishable, like free GB if i dodge his shoulder bash and free heavy attack if i heavy attack and he cancels into GB.

EmeraldCthulhu
03-06-2017, 03:35 PM
https://battlefy.com/for-honor-legends/the-slaughterhouse-1v1-open-tournament-%5Bpc%5D/58aaffa4be068434032c5d05/stage/58af23606764ac40030692fa/bracket/?store=open

Top 3: 3 warlords
Top 8: 1 warden 1 conquerer 2 peacekeeper 4 warlords

top334: 0 Raider, 0 Lawbringer, 0 Kensei,

UBI PLS???? :mad:

I think you guys really confuse the symptoms with the roots of a problem.

The root - defence is stronger then offence.
The symptom - a defensive hero dominates, as he's playstyle benefits from the mechanics the most

That's way you see so many Warlords on the top. But if some of the mechanics are going to favor the attack more, that's an automatic nerf to defensive classes like Warlord.
I would argue you need to fix the mechanic first, as it's much more important to get some balance in, and than check if Warlord and Conquerer still need a nerf.

Aarpian
03-06-2017, 03:45 PM

The symptom - a defensive hero dominates, as he's playstyle benefits from the mechanics the most

That's way you see so many Warlords on the top. But if some of the mechanics are going to favor the attack more, that's an automatic nerf to defensive classes like Warlord.
I would argue you need to fix the mechanic first, as it's much more important to get some balance in, and than check if Warlord and Conquerer still need a nerf.

You got the root cause right, but the effect wrong.

The result of defence being too strong is that only characters who can avoid interacting with it are viable. Conq, Warlord, Warden, all have unblockable, unparriable CC that chains into guaranteed damage. PK has attacks too fast to react to so can avoid parries and punish people for trying them.

Once the strength of defence has been reduced, you will likely see conqueror drop off, but the others will likely remain strong, though how strong will depend on the viability of basic attacks after the changes.

Aurockson
03-06-2017, 03:50 PM
I get the warlord nerf (The push distance is dumb...) I understand the warden nerf... kind of.... PK? What is overpowered about the zone attack conqueror? eh... I guess? I dont really know why but sure lets nerf all but one knight....

Kaijudub
03-06-2017, 03:52 PM
Warden OP in 1v1 2v2 and 4v4.
Nerf Top light attack speed, nerf zone attack speed and make his shoulder bash more punishable, like free GB if i dodge his shoulder bash and free heavy attack if i heavy attack and he cancels into GB.

You are aware there are indicators of where and when these attacks with happen right? And when dodged the shoulder bash IS punishable?

Pope138
03-06-2017, 05:23 PM
Which is more likely?
FOUR heroes are OP and in need of nerf?

Or you just haven't learned how to fight them yet?

Kaijudub
03-06-2017, 05:29 PM
Which is more likely?
FOUR heroes are OP and in need of nerf?

Or you just haven't learned how to fight them yet?

Personally i think a lot of it boils down to streamers claiming these are top 4 and then other people spouting it like its the truth. If you actually look at it your top 4 is more like a top 10 with Lawbringer and the Raider being left in the dust. I also find it funny that Kensei is slept on by the community but hey ho.

Simi_Xiamara_
03-06-2017, 05:38 PM
like the title says

nerf the big 4

thanks

Hard take this post seriously when they say "Nerf the big 4" but then get the big 4 wrong.......

Braegulfer
03-06-2017, 05:41 PM
Hard take this post seriously when they say "Nerf the big 4" but then get the big 4 wrong.......

Thought the same thing.

XImohtephXX
03-06-2017, 05:47 PM
In regards to the PK I believe simple balance to the stance change of characters like the Lawbringer,Raider, and Nobushi would alleviate most hate for the character. Warden i think is in a decent spot as anyone who has encountered the Vortex realizes what to do really only death when out of stamina. But in regards to the Warlord and Conqueror I do feel changes need to be made as their incredibly strong defense coupled with methods of safe damage can be incredibly aggravating and I wont even begin to touch on the effects gear score have on them which is absolutely absurd. They all can be beaten just as the meta sits a character playing them well can be at a noticeable advantage. And can we talk about the self revive feat of the Warlord?..........how is that a thing?

phroZac
03-06-2017, 05:48 PM

FYI (I know I'm being THAT guy) Your "then" and "than" usage is swapped.

These two words are very close in their sound and appearance, but "than" and "then" have very different uses. "Then" is commonly used to express a sense of time or what comes next or used to be. "Than" is used to form comparisons between two things. Incorrect usage changes the entire meaning of your sentence.

For example:
I'd rather eat lunch THEN play For Honor. This says that I will be doing one thing BEFORE another.
I'd rather eat lunch THAN play For Honor. This says that I prefer eating lunch INSTEAD of playing For Honor, which is just silly.

Kaijudub
03-06-2017, 05:49 PM
And can we talk about the self revive feat of the Warlord?..........how is that a thing?

The amount of times i heard "I've already ****ing killed you?!?!!?!?!" before we realised it was one of his feats lol!!

MaxeliusAD
03-06-2017, 06:22 PM
Game becomes more and more "aoe-spamming plays". So my suggestions.

Warden nerf: Become slower his aoe attack and top light attack. Do something with vortex, otherwise it can't be predictable, Warden now just throw you buy vortex, and you need dodge, or he just vortex-gb you, and you should ready to counter GB. Make vortex something single, not a 2 things in one.

Warlord nerf: Much slower animation for aoe attack. And no combo "throw+hit". Let Warlord choose, what he want, do dmg or do stamina. Not both.

PK nerf: obviviosly slower animation for aoe attack and light attack. This hero now - is a ****ing light attack clicker.

Conqueror - can't tell something, i don't see him in game.

Orothi - much slow aoe attack.

Let the ****ing players turn their brains on, not a ****ing spamming ML+MR all time!

Knight_Raime
03-06-2017, 06:29 PM
uh. why is pk up there?

Knight_Raime
03-06-2017, 06:31 PM

You are right that defense is super strong. but even if defense was on the same field as attack the warlord would still be stupidly strong. This is because near all of his attacks are safe. imo headbutt needs to cost more stamina. and his throw distance needs to be turned down.