PDA

View Full Version : Hall of shame

berserker7331
03-06-2017, 09:01 AM
As title of thread says, there should be a hall of shame list for people who are afk botters like that rep 30 guy venom who's not legit and fake.

Ubi-Gaidheal
03-06-2017, 03:38 PM
Hi berserker,

Naming and shaming is forbidden on the forums, so we can't set up threads to that effect I'm afraid.

If you come across an AFK botter, the best way to ensure they're taken care of is to report them to support with any screenshots and video footage you can provide. You also have a report function in-game, if you click on their name in pre or post-game lobbies.

Thanks,

/Gaid

H3adl3ssChicken
03-06-2017, 03:49 PM
If we use the report function in game, what heading would you like it under? I didn't see anything specific to botting/afk'ing....

DerHerbman
03-06-2017, 03:58 PM
Is there some paragraph that forbids afk farming? Just wonder if Ubisoft can relay do something against these accounts. I think they just need to patch the matchmaking and of corse the horrible grind and 108 super rage gears. Because there is a reason why people keep doing his!

Gray360UK
03-06-2017, 04:25 PM
Is there some paragraph that forbids afk farming? Just wonder if Ubisoft can relay do something against these accounts. I think they just need to patch the matchmaking and of corse the horrible grind and 108 super rage gears. Because there is a reason why people keep doing his!

Don't justify it, people have always cheated to get things that other people put the hours in to get. That's why there are gold selling websites for every major MMO.
Some people are lazy sumbags with no sense of pride, dare I even say it 'honour' and will happily cheat their way to the top. Some people want rewards without effort. Some people dont care about earning their rewards and have no problem cheesing their way to 'success'
Don't blame the game.

H3adl3ssChicken
03-06-2017, 07:01 PM

It doesn't even need to be a discussion about rule breaking, true intention of the game, or for what reason people are subverting the game. What matters here is one thing, money. Ubisoft will eventually have to do something because it will otherwise cost them microtransactions.

Why will it cost them money specifically in the area of microtransactions? Well I'd be happy to explain. Almost anything you want can be bought with steel, and aside from XP, those that afk farm are also accumulating steel. So why would they be motivated to poney up real money for outfits, champion status, or steel packages when they can just leave their toon running around in circles? As for the people who aren't afk'ing their frustration from trying to play will increase, and will either play less, complain more, quit, or some combination of the three leading them to not buying steel, costumes, or champion status. In the end Ubisoft will have to address this issue. Not on our behalf but their own....

blueberrybudz
03-06-2017, 07:20 PM
Players should also have an option to kick these stupid bots. It would make it so much easier to just boot them and have all their cheating yield nothing.

DerHerbman
03-06-2017, 08:09 PM
It doesn't even need to be a discussion about rule breaking, true intention of the game, or for what reason people are subverting the game. What matters here is one thing, money. Ubisoft will eventually have to do something because it will otherwise cost them microtransactions.

Why will it cost them money specifically in the area of microtransactions? Well I'd be happy to explain. Almost anything you want can be bought with steel, and aside from XP, those that afk farm are also accumulating steel. So why would they be motivated to poney up real money for outfits, champion status, or steel packages when they can just leave their toon running around in circles? As for the people who aren't afk'ing their frustration from trying to play will increase, and will either play less, complain more, quit, or some combination of the three leading them to not buying steel, costumes, or champion status. In the end Ubisoft will have to address this issue. Not on our behalf but their own....

I donīt belief that people farm for steel. I have so much steel that I can easily afford everything I want by playing the game how it's meant to be. What I canī't do is taking a lvl 0 char onto the battlefield because of ridiculous 108 Gear stats. My bet is that people farm for XP because the game has a horrible grind and a unbalanced matchmaking / Meta.

But my point was that ubisoft probably can't do anything against AFK's but changing the matchmaking / Give us a kick option. So this "Report them" is only a way to keep the folks quiet!