PDA

View Full Version : Shugoki vs AI

Eddeh07
03-06-2017, 04:17 AM
Knowing full well the kind of "PvP or nothing" criticism this might get, I have a request for Ubisoft:

I love playing against AI, for the most part I find it fair, varied and challenging (and until I leveled up a little, also much more varied than some of the PvP matches I would play where people spam the same move repeatedly - less so as I match with higher level players). I have just started having fun trying out the Shugoki, but have noticed that the AI seems almost incapable of parrying his charged heavy attack swing. Even on higher bot levels. I don't want to kill the fun of being able to blitz through a shielded enemy on full guard, but also feel like I'm not going to learn as much if it doesn't get parried at least some of the time.

Before people jump down my neck saying to just play PvP... I do, with my other classes, and I love how different it feels from AI. I switch back and forth as I deem fit, and appreciate both game modes for their different qualities. However, the Shugoki charged heavy currently feels like the first time I'm feeling the game mechanics at work, and not like I'm playing against a smart (albeit artificial) character.

No serious buffs or nerfs requested, just a tweak to the AI's ability to parry this particular unblockable.

Thoughts?

Karma_Ghost
03-06-2017, 04:28 AM
Level 3 bots will parry it fairly consistently. Level 2's don't parry at all so everyone's unblockables will hit. Level 2 PK will dodge nearly everything Shugoki does 1v1 including charged heavy.

Eddeh07
03-06-2017, 04:43 AM
Hmmm, maybe I've only been coming up against levels 2s so far in that case. Though I could have sworn otherwise. Do the bots scale based on your character level? So far it's felt fairly random, a decent mix

Karma_Ghost
03-06-2017, 04:56 AM
I'm not sure how it works. 4v4 games I've played tend to have 1 or 2. AI duel and brawl don't seem to have them.

dayLockey
03-06-2017, 05:02 AM
I spar against Lv3 bots from time to time if I haven't played for a couple days, they definitely shake the rust off fast. I don't think Lv3 bots are in any form of game type AI or player simply because they're pretty scary especially on assassination heroes. They have insane offensive mixups, they parry almost any heavy that isn't properly setup or baited with a feint, and they hardly get caught with GB.

You can fight Lv3 bot in Custom Games if you really want a proper challenge vs. AI. They're better than the vast majority of the active playerbase.

Eddeh07
03-06-2017, 05:03 AM
Ok cool, I'll keep exploring. Cheers for the feedback!

massive02
03-06-2017, 05:05 AM
This is a toughy. The problem is the ai scale based on your teams skill. So you may not always be fighting a level 3 bot.

Altair_Snake
03-06-2017, 05:30 AM
The AI is in general very good, but it sucks at doing proper follow ups after parries and GBs, sipecially in comparison to how well it blocks light attacks and techs. It also parries heavies a little too little, in comparison to the stuff it's good at.

Eddeh07
03-06-2017, 05:46 AM
Feel like you might be right about the AI blocking heavies. I can land a legitimate string of heavies as a raider against bots, but that's one thing I have to resist attempting in PvP. Instead that becomes much more about feignting into the overhead stun and timing the unblockable correctly. All said, I generally love the balance, and love that each mode feels unique and requires different tactics. Just started to feel as though the Shugoki's charged heavy was landing a little too easily against AI.

Maybe I'll go exploring the custom games for a while, just to get a feel for the level 3s, and then return here in tears asking for Ubi to nerf their ability to block the Shugoki's charged heavy!!!

BL4CK_W4LL_
03-06-2017, 05:55 AM
The AI has a terrible time against shigoki. I don't think it knows to play differently against that class. Uninterrupted stance destroys AI in combination with the back breaker

RatedChaotic
03-06-2017, 07:15 AM
Hmmm, maybe I've only been coming up against levels 2s so far in that case. Though I could have sworn otherwise. Do the bots scale based on your character level? So far it's felt fairly random, a decent mix

I thought they scaled to your overall xp in the game. It was that way in the betas not sure if it is now. At Rep 3 in the betas I was constantly going up against lvl 3s. Im just rep 2 at the moment and running into some bot lvl 2s but not many. But it does seem like the more I play the more they scale.

DrExtrem
03-06-2017, 10:22 AM
The AI has a terrible time against shigoki. I don't think it knows to play differently against that class. Uninterrupted stance destroys AI in combination with the back breaker

In contrast, I hate playing vs. AI-shugoki.

They recover extremely fast after a parry, what makes them very hard to punish.