PDA

View Full Version : Valkyrie OP or git gud?

Huldrych-ZX
03-06-2017, 03:02 AM
Not only after it's patch have I seen much more people using her but also she being too quick. Way too quick, more than all assassins, but with her stun combos and the extra range making it one of the hardest characters to face, even if you turtle or she does.

Anyone else feeling the same?

Capoupacap
03-06-2017, 03:07 AM
I had issues with her even before the patch lol :D

High guard and ready to dodge!

feuerundblut
03-06-2017, 03:10 AM
I would say boring cause it seems valkyrie players know only one combo. So once you manage to get out of it and strike on time, they are pieces of cake.

Felis_Menari
03-06-2017, 03:10 AM
I have more trouble with a well-played, pre-patch Valkyrie than I do with a Nobushi (I play Lawbringer). I bet it's going to be oodles of fun once the patch hits consoles, lol.

feuerundblut
03-06-2017, 03:14 AM
I have more trouble with a well-played, pre-patch Valkyrie than I do with a Nobushi (I play Lawbringer). I bet it's going to be oodles of fun once the patch hits consoles, lol.

For LB, they must be a huge problem indeed. They are just too fast for you guys. As PK, I have much less trouble with them.

Geekthulhu
03-06-2017, 03:15 AM
I do feel that she is a tad bit too fast.

I agree she needed to get a bit of a buff, but I feel like they went a little overboard. Those light attacks are so damn fast.

Huldrych-ZX
03-06-2017, 03:30 AM

Lawbringer is my second main (Warden is my main) and I just can't find a way to defeat a valkyrie now using him. With other characters I do, yet still is pretty damn difficult. With that said, Ubi said they're buffing the big fella, which doesn't remove the opinion that Valkyrie is still to quick. As for "nopubes", do the world a favor and make them suffer. Honor my a$$ with dem hoes.

I do feel that she is a tad bit too fast.

I agree she needed to get a bit of a buff, but I feel like they went a little overboard. Those light attacks are so damn fast.

I think exactly the same.

SerArthur-Dayne
03-06-2017, 03:50 AM
Im playing warden, and im not having too hard a time against her. Shes definately strong but I dont think OP. I just make sure to parry all her hits and try bash her around (that sounds wrong!) because if you let her get into a rhythm she can end you pretty quick! My only gripe is that its hard to get the GB after a parry though. But I guess thats the bonus of a spear/polearm.

I will say she is the bane of my existance when fighting a group, constant leg sweep spam or bash to ground spam! But I guess thats just part of the game...

Moving forward though I hope thay decide to calm down with the bash-to-floor/leg-sweep heros, as I feel it could break the game having too many of them in the 4v4 modes.

feuerundblut
03-06-2017, 04:19 AM
Im playing warden, and im not having too hard a time against her. Shes definately strong but I dont think OP. I just make sure to parry all her hits and try bash her around (that sounds wrong!) because if you let her get into a rhythm she can end you pretty quick! My only gripe is that its hard to get the GB after a parry though. But I guess thats the bonus of a spear/polearm.

I will say she is the bane of my existance when fighting a group, constant leg sweep spam or bash to ground spam! But I guess thats just part of the game...

Moving forward though I hope thay decide to calm down with the bash-to-floor/leg-sweep heros, as I feel it could break the game having too many of them in the 4v4 modes.

Maybe the big fat guys, mainly LB and Shugoki, could be immune to leg sweeps cause it's a bit ridiculous when she can throw them with one like they were little girls.

STGxDante
03-06-2017, 04:25 AM
I wanna say it's mostly lag, valk has certain combos of attacks if they hit you with the 1st one, she's guaranteed the 2nd hit. At least that's what I thought until tonight. I side stepped out of the way of said combo, and even deflected it once and parried it once, all in the same match obviously. So wanted to do some testing, I grabbed a lvl 3 valk bot and sure enough 100% of the time her pokey pokey is not guaranteed if the 1st one hits when you have 0 lag. I think her buff made her movements a little too fast, and with a little latency actually changes her play style.

teksuo1
03-06-2017, 04:47 AM
i'm getting wrecked by some of them. she's like pk regarding attackspeed with the addition of nice throwdowns/guaranteed heavies.
She's a little bit overwhelming when a good players plays her.

it was noticeable right on patch day.

*she does have a lot of moves that put her at risk though. the opportunity to wreck her back can absolutely show up.

hanzmurphy
03-06-2017, 06:45 AM
i'm continuously getting rekt by them and i'm glad it's not just me. Once i get caught with a stab it's over, just stab stab shield bash decked free big hit get up knocked down free big hit dead. Same sequence every time and a pain to avoid, just a silly lock that once you're in you just die and counter play is made ever harder by the insane reach/speed/damage and ability to revenge turtle. I can never seem to do enough damage to even break even on trades. When I get them to do 10% playing very well then they get one combo in and kill me i just lose my **** for real. I know i got to get skills yet but this champ in particular is finishing top most games i see one in.

Eleanor-Ripley
03-06-2017, 06:56 AM
As a Valkyrie mainer - and a fairly good one if i have to say so myself - ill give tou this 1 tip against us;
Block!

1 single block is all it takes to reset a valkyrie. And if you're a skilled opponent you can block atleast once.
Like 80% of our attacks are light attacks. Whereas every other class can "safely" (relatively anyway) open with a heavy, a valkyrie will just own herself if she tries it.

She is a high-risk class; she can dominate if the opponent lets her, but she is by far the easiest class to reset.

Huldrych-ZX
03-06-2017, 07:00 AM
Look what I found:

https://youtu.be/GLfP-eV_0Bs

Now, lets all agree that this particular conqueror ain't the best player out there not is the class itself the most versatile, yet it depicts well enough how much of a pain it can be to fight this beared women.
Spam that sht + ??? = profit. Also, tell your opponent "l2p" for extra profit in your salt investments.

Also, please:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1598684-Error-06000037-Send-help

Send haaalp D,=

Huldrych-ZX
03-06-2017, 07:18 AM
As a Valkyrie mainer - and a fairly good one if i have to say so myself - ill give tou this 1 tip against us;
Block!

1 single block is all it takes to reset a valkyrie. And if you're a skilled opponent you can block atleast once.
Like 80% of our attacks are light attacks. Whereas every other class can "safely" (relatively anyway) open with a heavy, a valkyrie will just own herself if she tries it.

She is a high-risk class; she can dominate if the opponent lets her, but she is by far the easiest class to reset.

You speak truth, yet I invite you to watch the video I just posted.
Blocking does the job, sure, I give you as much, yet it's easier said than done once you're caught up in that combo. Should it starts you can bid half your health goodbye (If not more). Also, one thing is blocking, another one is attacking.
As I said previously, Valkyries aren't too much of a trouble if I'm using the warden (main), orochi or pk, but with warlord, conqueror and lawbringer (second main) it's nearly impossible for me to deal damage, specially with lawbringer. Also, lawbringer seems to have a considerably slower timing on his guard stance change, which adds more difficulty to just block.

Felis_Menari
03-06-2017, 08:15 AM
Look what I found:

https://youtu.be/GLfP-eV_0Bs

Now, lets all agree that this particular conqueror ain't the best player out there not is the class itself the most versatile, yet it depicts well enough how much of a pain it can be to fight this beared women.
Spam that sht + ??? = profit. Also, tell your opponent "l2p" for extra profit in your salt investments.

Also, please:

Send haaalp D,=

I love how the Conqueror and Valkyrie shield bash each other at roughly the same time and the Valkyrie's bash always won. If anything the two bashes should result in a clash that cancels both of them out. I am so not looking forward to dealing with that cheese.

SyX_VulgarAjko
03-06-2017, 09:04 AM
Ok i am not best Valky on the server but i can no do pretty well things...here is my stats .https://image.ibb.co/hA2sTv/Valk1.png (https://ibb.co/dBq1MF) image uploader (https://imgbb.com/) i have not best ratio many matchs lost from start cause was hard handle Valk from launch against all i think :D . In higher rank of play she is tottaly predicable .. Example:1 Bash/tackle=Options:1.leg sweep [Ez dodge hard punish free GB]...2.GB not guaranted L2P counter... 3.Light attack not guaranted can be blocked. 2. Hunter rush,Pouncing thrust [dodge attack,up jumping attack] after simple block u can be punish from free GB. Dodge block frame is fck UP! Valk respond to dodges are horrible [exist some videos to confirm it]. Ok attack speed now for majority is the problem let w8 some days where next wave players learn do correct blocks etc... and she will fall back to low tier.

PS: her recover time is HORRIBLE.
PS1: She is mix of tank and assasin but she have from 90% only weaknes from both class. [Low HP from assasins,Attacks quick, WEAK and long recovery time,Sometimes bugged GUARD.. etc]
PS2:Sorry for broken Language.
/

Eleanor-Ripley
03-06-2017, 09:21 AM
You speak truth, yet I invite you to watch the video I just posted.
Blocking does the job, sure, I give you as much, yet it's easier said than done once you're caught up in that combo. Should it starts you can bid half your health goodbye (If not more). Also, one thing is blocking, another one is attacking.
As I said previously, Valkyries aren't too much of a trouble if I'm using the warden (main), orochi or pk, but with warlord, conqueror and lawbringer (second main) it's nearly impossible for me to deal damage, specially with lawbringer. Also, lawbringer seems to have a considerably slower timing on his guard stance change, which adds more difficulty to just block.

Ive had several opponents dodge out of that sweep. Its definately possible to get out of it.
And if you block a valk her lack of recovery will guarantie you a hit - warlords specifically wreck valkyries if played like the counter class they are.
Counter-classes (and PK) are a Valks worst nightmare since their strength completely shuts down the Valk.

Lawbringer being slow to block is a problem yes. One ubi will adress in the near future. His failure is not tied to Valk bring OP but rather his class being UP.

Special4ces Dom
03-06-2017, 09:28 AM
I don't know dude... I think every character that only gives you 0.5 seconds to react to their attacks is full of crap.
Like I need to take 3 cans of Redbull before logging in just to stand a chance anymore.

Traktorash
03-06-2017, 09:30 AM
Block!

Mmm noticed this myself... wether it's lag (this game realy needs a ping display) or my own ineptitude, valk seems near imposible to parry but as long as you block her she can't chain into the sweep

SethUnleashed
03-06-2017, 09:45 AM
Block!

as a valk main myself, THIS is what is totally true.

while her light attacks are fast now, she is still slower than a PK AND her recovery times are way longer than a PK, so shutting down a valk will give you time to breathe and think about the next move.

against a good player, i HARDLY ever get 2 lights in a row and you have to get creative to open up turtle players as most of your moves are pretty predictable and IF you miss, once again your recovery is long and will get punished hard.

Mmm noticed this myself... wether it's lag (this game realy needs a ping display) or my own ineptitude, valk seems near imposible to parry but as long as you block her she can't chain into the sweep
dont parry her light attacks... its the same with PK, BUT as said above: PK has faster recovery after a block, so they can keep the pressure up better.

block to reset and count her moves... every 3rd attack might be a sweep.

Counter-classes (and PK) are a Valks worst nightmare since their strength completely shuts down the Valk.
true, allthough most of them tend to overuse side-dodge-attacks which can be baited pretty easy.

Also, please:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...0037-Send-help

Send haaalp D,=
watched the video and seeing a HEAVY with a shield not being able to block her just shows that this is a pure "learn to play" issue.
only time i actually land 2 lights in a row against a conqu or warlord is when they either are bad or think they can be over aggressive.

also: seeing you complain about her sweep while mostly just using shield-charge spamming makes you quite the hypocrite dont you think? :)

some more stuff:
- a fully charged shield-tackle is more powerfull than your light shield-slam because it takes longer to perform (would be dumb if it wasnt this way)
- you dont attack into a all-guard valk, you need to be ready for the dodge
- you can dodge EVERY sweep but one (if you get knocked down because out of stamina, she can get 2 lights and an undodgable sweep... so dont go out of stamina)

Huldrych-ZX
03-06-2017, 02:32 PM
watched the video and seeing a HEAVY with a shield not being able to block her just shows that this is a pure "learn to play" issue.
only time i actually land 2 lights in a row against a conqu or warlord is when they either are bad or think they can be over aggressive.

also: seeing you complain about her sweep while mostly just using shield-charge spamming makes you quite the hypocrite dont you think? :)

some more stuff:
- a fully charged shield-tackle is more powerfull than your light shield-slam because it takes longer to perform (would be dumb if it wasnt this way)
- you dont attack into a all-guard valk, you need to be ready for the dodge
- you can dodge EVERY sweep but one (if you get knocked down because out of stamina, she can get 2 lights and an undodgable sweep... so dont go out of stamina)

I doesn't make me a hypocrite, my friend, because I'm not the one that made the video :D Shield bashing is, to me, as much of a ****ty move as it is her shield bashing + sweep. That's why I stated that he's not the best conqueror out there.

Also, sure, I tend to dodge that sweep, yet the recovery time on some characters isn't enough for a block on the follow up assuming I fail to dodge the sweep. Again, with the warden I make dem valkyries mah *****es, but with other characters I just can't block them and get caught easily on their combo.

One more thing... you didn't even clicked on that link, didn't you? :c

It's about the ****ing error 006000037 or something. I need help with that.

AKDagriZ
03-06-2017, 03:29 PM
Im also a main Valk (p7).

tough im really good with her due to lot of training .In duel, skilled Warden will beat me 3 out of 5.Conqueror will give me hard time as well.Skilled assasin will be able to deflect me and win, if not , i will destroy their weak guard with the Valk by feinting.Especially if they try to keep distance.

Other Valk will win against me if they know how to spam their vortex abilities.Wich suck.Spamming vortex does not impress me at all.

if you dont keep your guard high or try to dodge the vortex or even let her connect a GB on you .Your ****ed ! If you let her dodge back your are also in big trouble.

But in dominion mode she fear no one.

SethUnleashed
03-06-2017, 05:31 PM
I doesn't make me a hypocrite, my friend, because I'm not the one that made the video :D Shield bashing is, to me, as much of a ****ty move as it is her shield bashing + sweep. That's why I stated that he's not the best conqueror out there.

Also, sure, I tend to dodge that sweep, yet the recovery time on some characters isn't enough for a block on the follow up assuming I fail to dodge the sweep. Again, with the warden I make dem valkyries mah *****es, but with other characters I just can't block them and get caught easily on their combo.

One more thing... you didn't even clicked on that link, didn't you? :c

It's about the ****ing error 006000037 or something. I need help with that.

the hypocrite thing was obviously meant for the vid-creator (i didnt check if the was you or not) :)
but it just shows how much of a double-standard goes around these days.

and no, i did click the link, but i managed to quote the wrong one... cant help you with the error thing though, so sorry for that.

Chaos_Model
03-06-2017, 05:57 PM
Valk is a lot of things, OP is hardly one of them, p5 and I quit playing it because of what one of my fellow Valk players pointed out so clearly (which I will copy/paste in a moment), the biggest issue w/most people I totally annihilated while playing Valk is the fact they were:

1. Impatient, they thought they could rush in swinging wildly w/out taking into account a dodge or roll
2. Predictability: This is espically true with most Orochi and Berserker players, dodge left attack, dodge right attack, run away (oroichi) Naruto dash lol....seriously? Next time just send a message which attacks you will be using, will save you time.
3. Team mates: I loved it when 2+ players would think oh, easy kill...gang up on them. Umm...hello, block, revenge, (and if I pop Juggernaut it was on and poppin). Usually your own team mates got you killed by vortex attacks which interrupt you, allowing me to chain into a sweep, knock you down and turn my attention to them. A Valk with unlimited stam due to Revenge, plus Juggernaut is a scary thing.

Now onto what SethUnleashed posted prior in the Valk forums, why is this class far from being...OP?

that is another problem with valk yes... the all-block is completely useless as its
A) too predictable,
B) you cant counter a GB out of it,
C) you have to back-dodge first which puts you out of range anyway and
D) the shield-tackle into GB cancel is still broken.

valk is supposed to be an Assassin/Heavy hybrid, yet she only gets the downsides of each:

- low healthpool
- deflect has even tighter timing than that of other assassins AND can be auto-blocked by some classes
- dodge is not working the same as with other assassins (her i-frames seem lower and her dodge window is very small in comparison to ANY other class, i've tested this quite a lot)
- all-block stance is 95%+ useless due to above mentioned problems
- leg-sweep is VERY easily dodged AND has (still, even after patch) a long recovery that the enemy can side-step AND GB you.
- no heavy combo that is usefull (light-light-heavy is completely useless as the heavy in the end is as slow as it gets)
- superiour light attack window being smaller than normal parry AND having zero benefit over normal parry as its damage its laughably small in comparison to a guaranteed guardbreak + heavy from a normal parry AND on top of all of that can also be auto-blocked by some classes
- getting hit recovery is still pretty long and you have a VERY hard time blocking anything after getting hit once (borderline impossible to parry and literally impossible to dodge unless its a heavy attack that follows)
- guard-swap speed seems low too AND valk generally seems to have a guard problem as people seem to have more and more situations where attacks go through their block

IF you play smart, you will have little trouble facing a good Valk player, even less playing a button masher who relies on Vortex (2 or 3 and no stam...go to town on them)

Knight_Raime
03-06-2017, 06:38 PM
I think she's probably one of the most balanced heros in the game. she's god mad potential and the ability to consistently/easily open up turtles. but nearly everything she does is unsafe. and her damage unless you pull her optimal combo (which requires the enemy to have no stamina) is awful.

SethUnleashed
03-06-2017, 08:15 PM
I think she's probably one of the most balanced heros in the game. she's god mad potential and the ability to consistently/easily open up turtles. but nearly everything she does is unsafe. and her damage unless you pull her optimal combo (which requires the enemy to have no stamina) is awful.

ability to open up enemies:
not really true... she has the tools BUT everything is easily countered/dodged AND she doesnt have a real vortex (warden shoulder bash is a real vortex as you CANNOT counter it by reaction).
in theory her kit is great, in practice she is too predictable and too punishable after missing anything.

everything is unsafe:
true, hence why she is NOT balanced ... her whole kit is a lottery everytime you use it UNLESS you use it to counter something (which wont help in the turtle meta)

damage:
while the side-step damage buff is nice, you will NOT get the 3-light combo off and her heavy attacks do so little damage that its laughable... her time to kill is WAY too high.
this wouldnt be a problem if she would actually be really good at controlling, which as stated above, she isnt due to her whole kit being unsafe and not having a real vortex.

it would help a lot if:
- you could all-block out of ANY dodge (not just back)
- her shield-tackle into GB cancel would actually work

then we can talk about a control class with low-ish damage.
currently she is fun to play most of the time, but frustrating to no end against good players.

apart from the warlord, every viking class kind of suffers this fate.

@Chaos_Model
thanks for quoting me :D

Knight_Raime
03-07-2017, 07:59 AM
ability to open up enemies:
not really true... she has the tools BUT everything is easily countered/dodged AND she doesnt have a real vortex (warden shoulder bash is a real vortex as you CANNOT counter it by reaction).
in theory her kit is great, in practice she is too predictable and too punishable after missing anything.

everything is unsafe:
true, hence why she is NOT balanced ... her whole kit is a lottery everytime you use it UNLESS you use it to counter something (which wont help in the turtle meta)

damage:
while the side-step damage buff is nice, you will NOT get the 3-light combo off and her heavy attacks do so little damage that its laughable... her time to kill is WAY too high.
this wouldnt be a problem if she would actually be really good at controlling, which as stated above, she isnt due to her whole kit being unsafe and not having a real vortex.

it would help a lot if:
- you could all-block out of ANY dodge (not just back)
- her shield-tackle into GB cancel would actually work

then we can talk about a control class with low-ish damage.
currently she is fun to play most of the time, but frustrating to no end against good players.

apart from the warlord, every viking class kind of suffers this fate.

@Chaos_Model
thanks for quoting me :D

All I know is i've seen some top tier play with her. and so far besides pk she seems to be the only hero who opens up turtles easier compared to the rest of the cast.

Eleanor-Ripley
03-07-2017, 08:33 AM
All I know is i've seen some top tier play with her. and so far besides pk she seems to be the only hero who opens up turtles easier compared to the rest of the cast.
Ill agree on this.
Very few turtles act randomly, by thit i mean they rarely switch it up. For instance alot of the times you can instantly see a warlord is relying on his block-counter/headbutt, so hes focused on either blocking or parrying.
Naturally you feint a heavy into shield bash and go for the sweep = he's open.
Alot of the times yuou can just run up to them and GB :)
Conqs are easier since most go for a charge at first, then turtle. Same procedure really.
Shugokus; just hit them once and theyre dead really. Most rely too much on their armor and grab. Predictable

SethUnleashed
03-07-2017, 09:54 AM
Ill agree on this.
Very few turtles act randomly, by thit i mean they rarely switch it up. For instance alot of the times you can instantly see a warlord is relying on his block-counter/headbutt, so hes focused on either blocking or parrying.
Naturally you feint a heavy into shield bash and go for the sweep = he's open.
Alot of the times yuou can just run up to them and GB :)
Conqs are easier since most go for a charge at first, then turtle. Same procedure really.
Shugokus; just hit them once and theyre dead really. Most rely too much on their armor and grab. Predictable

all those things just show for either bad players or a bad system on the side of those classes.

im not saying valk is bad, im just saying she isnt as good as some make her out to be because they cant dodge a sweep for example.

as for top-tier play: you can find top tier play for any class, but it always depends on the opponent and those videos rarely ever show an opponent of equal skill.
like most berserker videos where they claim its "high level play" and then they do a 6+ hit-chain ... that is NOT high level play on either side, it just means your opponent is bad
this holds true for 90%+ of "high level [insert class]" videos you can currently find on youtube. its just something people put on their videos for click-bait and sadly it mostly is just that.

Knight_Raime
03-07-2017, 02:25 PM
all those things just show for either bad players or a bad system on the side of those classes.

im not saying valk is bad, im just saying she isnt as good as some make her out to be because they cant dodge a sweep for example.

as for top-tier play: you can find top tier play for any class, but it always depends on the opponent and those videos rarely ever show an opponent of equal skill.
like most berserker videos where they claim its "high level play" and then they do a 6+ hit-chain ... that is NOT high level play on either side, it just means your opponent is bad
this holds true for 90%+ of "high level [insert class]" videos you can currently find on youtube. its just something people put on their videos for click-bait and sadly it mostly is just that.

I was watching truetalent. so he was deff fighting people of equal skill.

FIR3R3APER
03-07-2017, 02:32 PM
Well I think it was a glass cannon pre-patch and I think it still needs another buff to be honest. The Peacekeeper is faster and Nobushi are more OP than the Valkyrie is. I think she needs another buff to be honest

Scoregasms2286
03-07-2017, 03:48 PM
So the character who was literally the worst in the game, got a buff and now people think shes OP? I think people are thinking she is OP is because she is somewhere in the middle now, aka they used to stomp valks but now they are loosing.

Valk still has horrible recovery times from being hit, if going against a PK, she can almost light attack spam you to death because you cannot block her light chain due to valks stagger. If Orochi hits valk with his backward slash (whatever its called) she is still staggering allowing orochi a free overhead heavy or double overhead light.

I played valk in alpha, she was a beast, continued to play her on release, she was pretty bad I was winning less than half of my duels/brawls compared to my PK/LB winning > 80%. But, as time went on I adjusted her play style and grew better with the new sluggish valk. Then the patch came, Valk feels great again! I feel I can actually punish enemies now because I can get a combo off, compared to pre patch I could get 1 attack off and be block or punished.

I think the valk players pre patch who were good with her, have now become even better, to the point people think shes OP. I notice alot in my matchups people do not dodge my leg sweep, which gives me a free overhead. I also notice most players just falling for a whiff attack. If you whiff valks first attack her second attack comes out considerably faster, so missing the first attack, opponent moves in thinking you are done, into a second light, into a sweep catches them off guard.

My best advice is to learn valk, know her mixups so you know what she might be setting up.

xXl Plan B lXx
03-07-2017, 03:49 PM
Heh, if you had problems with the Valkyrie before like I did, and you go up against one after the patch ... well you and I are both in trouble. LOL

Not only after it's patch have I seen much more people using her but also she being too quick. Way too quick, more than all assassins, but with her stun combos and the extra range making it one of the hardest characters to face, even if you turtle or she does.

Anyone else feeling the same?