PDA

View Full Version : Wildly stab the air and get revenge! The true story

Battraz
03-05-2017, 11:38 PM
Fighting 1 (myself) vs 2 (PK x 2) in a wonderful dominion match. Being outnumbered I slowly back and put my defenses up expecting the clash of their blade against my shield but it doesn't come. They miss me completely with both swings. Feeling good about my chances seeing them miss I get a quick flash of hope I might be OK. But moments after the 2 complete misses (and zero offense from myself) they get a yellow glow coming from them. In disbelief I stand helplessly as I am brought to my knees by the agile Peacekeepers. As I lay bleeding in my final moments, I think to as how this can happen.

Then I remembered that this is a game. A game that apparently will reward people for not even hitting their target and ganking up on people. I understand in a game people are going to do what they need to do to win. I'm not even mad I died. But really? But hitting nothing and getting revenge since you have a perk that lets you get it by attacking even without hitting anything? Really? And the worst part this isn't the first time it's happened, granted the first time was 1 v 1 but still. I love the idea of this game. I love playing this game. But this game is broken. Severely broken.

Altair_Snake
03-06-2017, 04:03 AM
Are you saying they charged Revenge by whiffing one strike?

Battraz
03-06-2017, 05:22 AM
Are you saying they charged Revenge by whiffing one strike?

Nope, whiffing 1 time would be too op. They whiffed twice. Must be the way the game balances out.

Altair_Snake
03-06-2017, 05:27 AM
I wonder if Revenge Gain Gear can affect the Revenge gained by attacking. Logically they don't.

Did you check if the players had just fought another fight? In this case their revenge meter could be almost full already.

Battraz
03-06-2017, 05:30 AM
I wonder if Revenge Gain Gear can affect the Revenge gained by attacking. Logically they don't.

Did you check if the players had just fought another fight? In this case their revenge meter could be almost full already.

Ya they just came to me from 2v1 on another one of my teammates.

Altair_Snake
03-06-2017, 05:38 AM
That was probably it, then; not some crazy fast Revenge gain.

However, I must say I'm surprised that the Revenge On Attack Feat counts for missed attacks. Maybe it shouldn't.

Battraz
03-06-2017, 05:50 AM
My point is they shouldn't have any revenge build up at all when they are double teaming anyone and then be able to wildly stab at me missing and somehow get full revenge while still being 2v1.

Kaijudub
03-06-2017, 03:59 PM
There is a bug with nobushi that bleeds people on a whiff strike... I wonder if its a similar thing. Possibly p2p registering hits on the opponents server but not on yours??

This kind of thing really shouldn't be happening in 2017

fariic
03-06-2017, 04:56 PM
I've had it happen on a few occasion where one of the two people who attack me will get revenge.

Often times it involves a PK.

PK's getting revenge in 1v1's especially when they're a hit away from losing, is ridiculous in itself, but to see them get it in a 2v1 when they're ganking is just nonsense.

It's a crutch that rewards bad play.

Battraz
03-06-2017, 11:20 PM
I've had it happen on a few occasion where one of the two people who attack me will get revenge.

Often times it involves a PK.

PK's getting revenge in 1v1's especially when they're a hit away from losing, is ridiculous in itself, but to see them get it in a 2v1 when they're ganking is just nonsense.

It's a crutch that rewards bad play.

This is totally correct. It's bad enough the PK's light attack damage is high enough but getting revenge when double teaming someone that isn't even attacking is just a broken game mechanic.