PDA

View Full Version : 108 Gear Owners, What do you prefer

MassiveD.
03-05-2017, 08:38 AM
Mainly for the helmet / mask stats, do you prefer max revenge duration time or max debuff resistance, and why?

I personally really like the max debuff resistance, makes the character feel over all tankier, and I'm not sure has this been confirmed, but it feels like you can sometimes wiggle out of parried guardbreaks, which is a huge deal

PKUSUB
03-05-2017, 08:43 AM
Mainly for the helmet / mask stats, do you prefer max revenge duration time or max debuff resistance, and why?

I personally really like the max debuff resistance, makes the character feel over all tankier, and I'm not sure has this been confirmed, but it feels like you can sometimes wiggle out of parried guardbreaks, which is a huge deal

I went with duration. the longer I'm in revenge mode, the better my chances are to overcome a gank

Doctor_v_ZAD
03-05-2017, 08:44 AM
108 lvl - any gear vs 0-50 gear.

I have "gray" items - all time fight vs 80-108 lvl gear. Ubisoft sux!
Not interesting play this game... think will soon delete For Honer

MassiveD.
03-05-2017, 08:44 AM
I went with duration. the longer I'm in revenge mode, the better my chances are to overcome a gank

What is the actual time duration difference in seconds? Any idea?

hydroshubong
03-05-2017, 08:46 AM
It depend of your character, how you want to fight and the rest of your equipment.

PKUSUB
03-05-2017, 08:46 AM
What is the actual time duration difference in seconds? Any idea?

Good question, I'm not too sure to be honest, but I do notice the difference in duration is significant.

hydroshubong
03-05-2017, 08:47 AM
I'm not sure but I saw it was just a couple of seconds. Something like 5 more seconds when you max it...

Doctor_v_ZAD
03-05-2017, 08:53 AM

MassiveD u r AFKfarmer. u r mast be baned! u r get equip by cheating!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h4YCeVw7r0&list=PLCEsb-dsjpgIdIOkziUYvl6lsxtfx7ICv&index=3

MassiveD.
03-05-2017, 08:54 AM
MassiveD u r AFKfarmer. u r mast be baned! u r get equip by cheating!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h4YCeVw7r0&list=PLCEsb-dsjpgIdIOkziUYvl6lsxtfx7ICv&index=3

Yes, very good, go read Ubisofts official statement

MassiveD.
03-05-2017, 08:55 AM
I'm not sure but I saw it was just a couple of seconds. Something like 5 more seconds when you max it...

Hmm 5 second is not that great of a deal?

Ability to gbc parry gbs seems to be more.valuable to me, i wonder

SerArthur-Dayne
03-05-2017, 08:58 AM
I have revenge mode duration first, then exhaustion recovery, then debuff last on my helm... Im happy with it..

MassiveD.
03-05-2017, 09:00 AM
I have revenge mode duration first, then exhaustion recovery, then debuff last on my helm... Im happy with it..

I have debuff maxed, exhaustion recovery second, i never bleed, get poisoned, staggered and can gbc guardbreaks i if i get parried, hmm

Doctor_v_ZAD
03-05-2017, 09:02 AM
Yes, very good, go read Ubisofts official statement

http://i12.pixs.ru/storage/5/9/0/24678585JP_2884762_25391590.jpg

Winneh
03-05-2017, 09:14 AM
well i did some testing for myself (playing conq), probably not the most accurate, but enough for me to get an idea of things.
I tested:
revenge mode duration standard marker = 8 secs, maxxed 14 secs
exhaustion recovery standard marker = 4 secs, maxxed 2,5 secs
stamina regen standard marker = 4 secs, maxxed 3 secs

didnt have a partner or the gear to test other stuff

MassiveD.
03-05-2017, 09:25 AM
http://i12.pixs.ru/storage/5/9/0/24678585JP_2884762_25391590.jpg

Keep reading

1st offence - warning
2nd offence - temporary ban
3rd offence - progress wipe
4th offence - permaban

I will get my warning starting next week, no worries

MassiveD.
03-05-2017, 09:26 AM
well i did some testing for myself (playing conq), probably not the most accurate, but enough for me to get an idea of things.
I tested:
revenge mode duration standard marker = 8 secs, maxxed 14 secs
exhaustion recovery standard marker = 4 secs, maxxed 2,5 secs
stamina regen standard marker = 4 secs, maxxed 3 secs

didnt have a partner or the gear to test other stuff

Hmmmmm, looks like stamina regen has the least impact then?
I wonder if it's best to go revenge duration / debuff resistance and skip stamina regen

Zanzonet
03-05-2017, 09:34 AM
You don't deserve any answer you ****ing disgusting botter. I wish you'll get banned forever.
To other people - ignore him please. We shouldn't help or interact with botters/cheaters

SerArthur-Dayne
03-05-2017, 09:39 AM
Why do you think it helps with parry GB times? I thiought it only reduced things like stun, bleed etc..

Edit: Sorry the debuff resistance stat.

MassiveD.
03-05-2017, 09:52 AM
You don't deserve any answer you ****ing disgusting botter. I wish you'll get banned forever.
To other people - ignore him please. We shouldn't help or interact with botters/cheaters

lol, the salt

MassiveD.
03-05-2017, 09:53 AM
Why do you think it helps with parry GB times? I thiought it only reduced things like stun, bleed etc..

Edit: Sorry the debuff resistance stat.

Some people did testing, and apparently the stagger lenght for when you get GB'ed can be reduced with debuff resistance

Egotistic_Ez
03-05-2017, 10:09 AM
I actually went debuff resistance and reduced revenge duration. Debuff Res is broken and allows me to parry/escape from things that should be guaranteed (as mentioned in the op). Plus, when you pop revenge you usually won't get many attacks off vs decent players unless you knock them over with the revenge parry, in which case it's an instant win. Seemed to me that getting up an instant win more often was better than a duration people would just run from (not to mention the debuff res you cas take with insta win).

MassiveD.
03-05-2017, 10:14 AM
I actually went debuff resistance and reduced revenge duration. Debuff Res is broken and allows me to parry/escape from things that should be guaranteed (as mentioned in the op). Plus, when you pop revenge you usually won't get many attacks off vs decent players unless you knock them over with the revenge parry, in which case it's an instant win. Seemed to me that getting up an instant win more often was better than a duration people would just run from (not to mention the debuff res you cas take with insta win).

interesting, you had the exact reasoning i did :P

Allyrion8
03-05-2017, 12:05 PM
Hmmmmm, looks like stamina regen has the least impact then?
I wonder if it's best to go revenge duration / debuff resistance and skip stamina regen

But stamina regen may have the least % increase but it's benefit will add up more than the others overall. You almost always will be affected by your regen rate in a fight compared to Revenge duration or debuff resistance.

Right now debuff resistance is good but only because it's bugged and they said it will be fixed soon. But it's clear you use exploits and, in this case, I can't blame you since it's on their end.

I wouldn't get too comfortable with it as a build though since it is a bug that it reduces gb times.

MassiveD.
03-05-2017, 12:44 PM
But stamina regen may have the least % increase but it's benefit will add up more than the others overall. You almost always will be affected by your regen rate in a fight compared to Revenge duration or debuff resistance.

Right now debuff resistance is good but only because it's bugged and they said it will be fixed soon. But it's clear you use exploits and, in this case, I can't blame you since it's on their end.

I wouldn't get too comfortable with it as a build though since it is a bug that it reduces gb times.

Yeah I decided to stay with Debuff Resistance / Stamina helmets, seems to be the best combo, and as egotistic pointed out, there's actually a good reason to have revenge duration reduced, as its only really effective for the first few seconds and the knockdown effect.

Where did they actually say that it's a bug? logicaly it makes sense. Especially when you get staggered from the parry.

P.S. the things you are calling "exploits" were not considered as such before the official Ubisoft statement, no hyperboles please

Allyrion8
03-06-2017, 01:22 AM
Yeah I decided to stay with Debuff Resistance / Stamina helmets, seems to be the best combo, and as egotistic pointed out, there's actually a good reason to have revenge duration reduced, as its only really effective for the first few seconds and the knockdown effect.

Where did they actually say that it's a bug? logicaly it makes sense. Especially when you get staggered from the parry.

P.S. the things you are calling "exploits" were not considered as such before the official Ubisoft statement, no hyperboles please

They mentioned it in two places I'm aware of - one was a livestream they've started to do weekly (forgot the name but it gets posted on Reddit).

The second was the recent (and very in depth) eurogamer interview.

Excerpt -
"Roman Campos Oriola: Yes. Overall, I like the stat system, and I think the rebalancing it allows you to do on your character is interesting. The issue we have today - that we are working on - is some stats are doing a little bit more than what they should be doing. For example, the stat that lowers the debuffs you have actually allows you to counter a guardbreak in a situation where you should not be able to counter a guardbreak, which is a bug. This will be fixed really soon. To bad for us, we didn't see it."

Source:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-03-03-for-honor-ubisoft-answers-the-big-questions

Delectable_Sin
03-06-2017, 01:28 AM
Really, you need to look at what stats you're sacrificing and buff those same stats (possibly off-handedly) in other ways.

For example, on the weapon, you have attack, defense, and stamina usage. The optimal way is to sacrifice stamina usage so your defense and attack are sky high, but buff stamina recovery and possibly even exhaustion recovery.

Debuff resistance will always be good because it directly affects your hit recovery. By sacrificing debuff resistance you are essentially allowing other players to freeze your character by way of just spamming attacks, or blocking your attacks effectively. Also, with low debuff resistance, if you miss an attack, the enemy player has a higher window to counter, rather than having to properly time their attacks.

dayLockey
03-06-2017, 01:34 AM
When botters finally decide how they want to put all their undeserved gear to work. I say focus on learning how to play before learning how to get gear carried.

Dwlr
03-06-2017, 02:23 AM
I prefer to LOWER Revenge Duration to spam the entrance and refresh the shield. At max Revenge is about 10 seconds, base it's 8, lowered it's 6. 6 is enough to knock an opponent down with the entrance stab him in the kneecaps and move on. to the next.

Deuz_Vult
03-06-2017, 09:10 AM
I actually am going to go Exhaustion recovery and Revenge duration, Because the difference in min vs max exhaustion recovery is twice i think. Often in a elimination duel i find myself out of stam (more so vs headbutt spammers) and in a weakened state of no stam and sometimes i feel like i cant even brake out of no stam state when the enemy is spamming **** on me esp if i try to parry and he feints etc. With max exhaustion recovery i can just dodge back and get stamina back fast and this is huge! Also i find that the debuff resistance doesn't allow me to CGB after parry most of the times. im 100% successful with CGB normally but only 25% after parry MAX. I hate relying on a LOTO mechanic (also the bleed dmg is not that big), this is why im upgrading my next helm max exhaustion and revenge duration. Maybe i am wrong maybe debuff resistance also helps with stagger after each hit and miss or overall make my hero faster like some people say, but i am not really feling it and feel like it's overrated atm.

MassiveD.
03-06-2017, 10:54 AM
I actually am going to go Exhaustion recovery and Revenge duration, Because the difference in min vs max exhaustion recovery is twice i think. Often in a elimination duel i find myself out of stam (more so vs headbutt spammers) and in a weakened state of no stam and sometimes i feel like i cant even brake out of no stam state when the enemy is spamming **** on me esp if i try to parry and he feints etc. With max exhaustion recovery i can just dodge back and get stamina back fast and this is huge! Also i find that the debuff resistance doesn't allow me to CGB after parry most of the times. im 100% successful with CGB normally but only 25% after parry MAX. I hate relying on a LOTO mechanic (also the bleed dmg is not that big), this is why im upgrading my next helm max exhaustion and revenge duration. Maybe i am wrong maybe debuff resistance also helps with stagger after each hit and miss or overall make my hero faster like some people say, but i am not really feling it and feel like it's overrated atm.

I thought the same at first, but the problem with all this is that good players will just run away or keep heavy attack / guard break spamming you making the entire thing useless, therefor as someone mentioned before, its actually better to have revenge duration lowered because once you knock them down and finish one off , take some hits and block the other one will get charged and you can do it more times rather than 1 prolonged one, but you get the added benefit of the refreshed knockdown effect and also debuff resistance since you max that instead of duration

Zyldhur
03-06-2017, 11:46 AM
I prefer to LOWER Revenge Duration to spam the entrance and refresh the shield. At max Revenge is about 10 seconds, base it's 8, lowered it's 6. 6 is enough to knock an opponent down with the entrance stab him in the kneecaps and move on. to the next.

Revenge-meter does not fill up while Revenge is active ? Are you saying that you can only gain Revenge points again if you are not in Revenge ?

If that's the case, Revenge duration is the worst stat in the entire gear set. And must be reduced.

Thanks for your post. But please confirm this ?

NomNomFabbo
03-06-2017, 12:24 PM
In a lack of an attack blade, I had to play a defense blade with Atk as substat and I love it. Everytime I get revenge, I get so much more out of it.
Debuff resistance is broken as hell at the moment.
Revenge on block and atk on revenge. 2 blocks and here we go. I win 1v3s a lot and sometimes even 1v4s. I am not a very good player but my gear manages to play itself basically.

EDIT: Much more important is the minimum revenge duration. That let's you get revenge more often, you get this shield more often, and that means a lot more survivability.

Deuz_Vult
03-06-2017, 12:38 PM
Wow! Thanks to all this I also understand that min revenge mode duration is the way to go, coupled with max debuff resitance to get the cheez effekt and 2nd prio Exhaustion recovery. Win-Win indeed.

Capoupacap
03-06-2017, 12:46 PM
Depend of what role I'll do in my team.

For dominion : in soldier wave I use a defensive buffer or a strong attacker with lot of revenge to be able to manage 1vs 2-3 just the time a friend can join the party. For example the buff of the warden on soldier is very useful to take really quickly the central zone. Because you are so central, you actually don't need to have really strong attack because your friend will generally join quite fast :)

In Deathmatch: Revenge except with the orochi because I just love using the bow

Hope that help