PDA

View Full Version : Do not change revenge UBISOFT!! PLEASE!

PokePokeBleed
03-05-2017, 07:37 AM
Whole community is crying about revenge in 1v1. I firmly believe it needs to stay and I'll explain why.

Meta sucks right now and its PK/Warlord/Warden dominated they are the only true S tier hero, and also the biggest spammers.
Revenge is a perfect mechanic, even in 1v1 in blue gear I can get it playing defensive while they go spam happy, then pop and ez pz clean up.

This game would have zero punishment for spam classes whittling you down with superior mobility, stamina free dodges, low stamina spammables (looking at you warlord headbutt/warden shoulder). Pks spamming lights forever.

Right now if you aren't playing one of these 3 hero's your only hope is to play defense and get a revenge bait off and 1 combo them, they simply outclass other heros by a large margin.

Try playing nobushi vs any of these 3, or lawbringer, or raider. They get trashed because of slower guard changes and abused by those characters and overpowered mechanics, low stamina vortexs.

As it stands right now, playing weaker heros, you have a chance to get revenge, even in 1v1 and turn it around and even the scales. If revenge builds in 108 gear didn't exist, the S tier heros would be even more glaring overpowered and you would have ZERO chance to turn it around on them, or punish them for cheesy spam play. PK would just eventually kill you with light spam mixups you cant block. Warlord/Warden absurd vortex you will be dead before they ran out of stamina.

So PLEASE ubisoft, DO NOT remove revenge without bringing ALL heros to a somewhat even playing field, otherwise its gonna kill the game fast, or every match is gonna be more more sins and the other 2 cheesers then it already is.

That's all I have to say on it, you can complain, you can disagree but at end of day as a conq main, sometimes its all I can do is turtle and try to survive the cheese spam long enough to turn it around in revenge. Asking to remove it is asking to buff S tier characters even more and give you no tools to turn it around on spamhappy heros

My Nobushi is 108 reveng build, and vs any pk/warden/warlord who has a firm understanding of class mechanics, all you can do is desperately try to defend the onslaught and combos, good players wait to parry any lights, or sidewinders, hidden stance is pretty garbo and wonkly. Its literallyall you can do beside a couple lucky gb heavy into kick poisons if your lucky, but kick is downright a joke and easy for any player to backstab dodge. You do this until your down to you last bit of HP nearly and proc a revenge then get a 1 shot in. Some call this lame/dumb/unfair or a joke, but at end of day its you're only viable way of beating top tier players, playing S tier heros. Without it, it would be a joke and 1 sided fight.

TL:DR For the love of god do not remove revenge builds, revenge in 1v1, until serious class rebalancing is done.

Philamonjaro
03-05-2017, 07:28 PM
Revenge doesn't need to go. Revenge builds DEFINITELY need to go. It gets to a point where there are people that get hit TWICE and already have it, followed by two hits for a kill. I agree in the fact that the whole spamming attacks like the warlords headbutt and pk light attacks really needs addressing, but revenge builds are IMPOSSIBLE to beat if it's a competent player behind it. There is no balance system for matchmaking right now, so coming up against them as a low level character is basically an instant loss.Until a balance system is added, they need to go.

massive02
03-05-2017, 09:05 PM
They are not removing revenge, they are however looking at how it stacks.

Banicks
03-05-2017, 09:08 PM
Revenge doesn't need to go. Revenge builds DEFINITELY need to go. It gets to a point where there are people that get hit TWICE and already have it, followed by two hits for a kill. I agree in the fact that the whole spamming attacks like the warlords headbutt and pk light attacks really needs addressing, but revenge builds are IMPOSSIBLE to beat if it's a competent player behind it. There is no balance system for matchmaking right now, so coming up against them as a low level character is basically an instant loss.Until a balance system is added, they need to go.

What if I told you to stop gang-raping enemy players. 1v1's prevent revenge from being gained uber quickly, allowing 108 GS to single swipe and win 4v1 engagements.

The number of times I easily had a geared up, skill-less player nailed against the wall about to die, then have team mates come in all herpyderpy like to try and kill steal or 'help', and then we all die because it revenge fed them...

Reign
03-05-2017, 10:03 PM
As a Conqueror who uses a revenge build it could be toned down some BUT I wouldn't have it up near as much without people triple teaming all the friggin time. And the silly part is in most matches where it's effective the opposing team doesn't realize "hey all of us shouldn't jump on him at one time".

The other matches when I pop revenge and they back off I know I'm up against people who know what I'm up to and it becomes far less effective. So it's a double edged sword the mechanic is strong but there's also a lot of people who need to learn how to deal with it.