PDA

View Full Version : infinite spammable moves, cliff pushing simulator and UBI's design quality

ButtR8peArtist
03-05-2017, 05:54 AM
Some common sight at high lvl play field brought you by UBI's "high IQ" designers

conqueror's infinite shield bash followed by a heavy, has knock down effect in revenge mode(only require 2-3 blocks with the right gears), if it got you once, infinite spam = gg, valkire's infinite spear sweap combo(none blockable nice job UBI) it got you once, infinite spam = gg, warden's shoulder charge and lawbringer's infinte push are more preventable, but still doesn't take 2 brain cell to execute and able to mix with other cheesy tactic. Mind you, 70% characters in this game don't have such spamable moves with this kind of efficiency

Throwing/pushing distance is largely unbalanced on some characters, especially lawbringer, warloards and raiders, worse yet, some disgusting maps are forcing all the cheap environment haze to players throat.

The point is, in a well rounded fighting game, any mid-senior lvl designers and QAs would making sure users can't abuse 1-2 moves/combos cheese their way to victory, once a move/combo is too efficient, then you see a penalty mechanic to punish those who consistently spam them, but this common rule doesn't apply to For Honor.

Fighting in high lvl playfield feels no where as fun, as engaging or as tactic as the for honor most ppl fell in love with during closed/open beta with these tactic in place. anyone who mastered those spam moves will be guaranteed to win in any encounters.

A game doesn't pay attention to these details won't keep its players at late games for its already evolved from a well designed fighting game(before players figured out spammable mechanics without check) to a cheesy contest.

Do the right thing UBI, collecting data on how many matches ended up with cheesy same combo spam and cliff fall and ask if ppl actually enjoy this kind of idiocy

TCTF_SWAT
03-05-2017, 06:08 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvS6zMThiZU

MassiveD.
03-05-2017, 06:25 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvS6zMThiZU

Ahahaha, this is perfect, effin saved as a tool for telling noobs off, well done

MassiveD.
03-05-2017, 07:50 AM
as good as that was with the gaurdbreak broken and can hit through dodge as well as character animations with lock on that just just doesn't work along with the block parry well just about 70 percent of the game doesn't actually work lol.

The guardbreak is suppose to hit through dodge, to prevent dodge spamming, working as intended, litteraly git gud

DEOVONTAY
03-05-2017, 07:57 AM
Ahahaha, this is perfect, effin saved as a tool for telling noobs off, well done

Ultimately the reason those combos are so over used is because they're incredibly effective with little to no effort required for input, low risk, and high reward.

Example; if you dodge the conqueror's shield bash you get at most a light attack as punish, and that is if you're very fast. If he lands the bash he gets 1-3 free heavies on you, depending on how close you are to a wall.

I'm rep 6 on conq and shugoki, so I understand the spam combos and how to counter them. The issue is that they're obviously too effective, as evidenced by how popular they are even against very talented players.

TCTF_SWAT
03-05-2017, 08:03 AM
Ultimately the reason those combos are so over used is because they're incredibly effective with little to no effort required for input, low risk, and high reward.

Example; if you dodge the conqueror's shield bash you get at most a light attack as punish, and that is if you're very fast. If he lands the bash he gets 1-3 free heavies on you, depending on how close you are to a wall.

I'm rep 6 on conq and shugoki, so I understand the spam combos and how to counter them. The issue is that they're obviously too effective, as evidenced by how popular they are even against very talented players.

I admit....I laughed. I thought it was very humorous.

MassiveD.
03-05-2017, 08:19 AM
Especially as a shugoki you can punish conq bash by dodge grabing i to heavy, any class can do that and its a huge punish. As a shugoki you can even dodge into demons embrace if you are skilled enough and time well with hypershield

ButtR8peArtist
03-05-2017, 06:47 PM

So you guys are Gohan in the video and haven't seem what combo spam in the high lvl play field yet, gotcha, there's alot to learn kids

ButtR8peArtist
03-05-2017, 06:52 PM

Exactly that, only experienced/skilled players who know the game's mechanic fully will able to see sense and understand how efficient those cheesy combos chains are, those "unblockable moves" are especially troublesome, the valkire combo is the most problemtic one, come in too fast and not blockable.

Especially as a shugoki you can punish conq bash by dodge grabing i to heavy, any class can do that and its a huge punish. As a shugoki you can even dodge into demons embrace if you are skilled enough and time well with hypershield

I even I specifically said, conq's bash in revenga mode triggers knock down, with high gears, only takes 2 parryless block to happen, Shugoki's nature is good to counter conquer, other 70% characters without effective spammable combos aren't so lucky