PDA

View Full Version : No Honor

Papa_Brown
03-04-2017, 11:42 PM
I can't play any elimination match without people running away from me when I am going to kill them or they run to get the buffs. I think they should get rid of the buffs in elimination or make a mode without them. It seems like nobody has talent anymore so they gank or run. This is the only game that I have every actually thought about never playing again because the players are cancer.

Gray360UK
03-05-2017, 02:19 AM
Have you ever thought that your attempt to stand on one spot and engage in a civilized 1 vs 1 in a large area filled with boosts makes you the one doing it wrong?
Just saying.

XImohtephXX
03-05-2017, 02:31 AM
I can't play any elimination match without people running away from me when I am going to kill them or they run to get the buffs. I think they should get rid of the buffs in elimination or make a mode without them. It seems like nobody has talent anymore so they gank or run. This is the only game that I have every actually thought about never playing again because the players are cancer.

I will say I agree completely with the idea of boost removal from elimination as I encounter the same issue. But at the same time I can understand in certain situations. The people who run away as soon as the fight starts? I agree they are an absolute disgrace. But the ones who fight but soon realize they are in an incredibly unfavorable match up skill wise and choose to get buffs so as to not completely leave their team blindsided and at least try to tie up the person? Those I understand. I had this point of view recently pointed out to me by someone I flamed for running away from me and he gave a very reasonable argument.

Hogmin
03-05-2017, 03:09 AM
Have you ever thought that your attempt to stand on one spot and engage in a civilized 1 vs 1 in a large area filled with boosts makes you the one doing it wrong?
Just saying.

Basically this.
The gamemode is designed to be played in a chaotic or teambased or whatever you want to call it - way.

Blackball8
03-05-2017, 03:39 AM
OP needs 500 mg of git gud.

Cipher_73
03-05-2017, 03:48 AM

Again. Players who want 1 vs 1, go play Duel! That's what it's designed for. Even the devs already explained this. It's all these Honor players that keeps shoving their 1 vs 1 mentality to everyone else who's trying to play a team based match.

SiewcaRaka
03-05-2017, 01:43 PM

You are right cause all battles looked like this:

General instructing his soldiers:
"And remember to always engage in 1v1 never attack someone that is already fighting! If you lose then its ok we came here for honorable win. Do we have our spies report regarding their weapons and armors?"
"Yes sir, they don't have ones they are throwing rocks"
"Excellent, soldiers drop your weapons and armors and pick some rocks, we will fight like they do"
"Sir what about our cannons and bows?"
"DONT USE THEM! THEY ARE COMPLETLY UNFAIR"
"But..."
"I SAID NO!"

Git gud mate...

CH_SwissWolf
03-05-2017, 07:28 PM
The question mustn't be just win, but win with honor.

All are good to attack in More VS 1, this is easy.

You can hide your honor absence with words like "tactics" or similar, but the concept would always be the same: a dishonourable victory still a victory, sure, but without honor.

It would be interesting have a "points victory" and a "honorable points victory".

If the team with points victory have more honorable points too, than give them a bonus, if not both teams earn the same bonus victory points.

If you are just looking for a field victory, you can earn them "Blue/Orange win the battle field", but if you are looking for honor, it couldn't be enought.

My poor two cents.

DrExtrem
03-05-2017, 08:02 PM
Follow them and stab them in the back.

Give them a taste of their own medicine.

Sirrkas
03-05-2017, 08:25 PM
You are right cause all battles looked like this:

General instructing his soldiers:
"And remember to always engage in 1v1 never attack someone that is already fighting! If you lose then its ok we came here for honorable win. Do we have our spies report regarding their weapons and armors?"
"Yes sir, they don't have ones they are throwing rocks"
"Excellent, soldiers drop your weapons and armors and pick some rocks, we will fight like they do"
"Sir what about our cannons and bows?"
"DONT USE THEM! THEY ARE COMPLETLY UNFAIR"
"But..."
"I SAID NO!"

Git gud mate...

Meanwhile at the enemy camp:

Scouts: "Sir, it seems like our feint worked, the honorians are dropping their weapons and are about to engage us with rocks and sticks".
Future war hero: "Excellent, bring me my tank, I shall crush them for the honor of our people!"

Sirrkas
03-05-2017, 08:27 PM
problem is that you can not do this in 90% of the cases. Also you can not deny buffs by standing in the circle. Someone getīs the buff, quite annoying.

That only doesn't work when you try to deny the buff for teammates. If you get in the circle and none of the both heroes gets pushed out, the survivor of the fight gets the buff during the execute.

massive02
03-05-2017, 08:50 PM

I think boosts as it adds a cool element to the game. So oppose to taking them out completely perhaps disabling them at the start of a match for a x amount of time.

Banicks
03-05-2017, 09:11 PM

Dual if you want non-gimmicky crap.

It's unfortunate that the crappy game modes award the most exp and steel.